Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please help me

Default Please help me

I just moved and got a new computer. As a purchaser of the digital download, I had to reinstall the game. The installer I got has a corrupted corestrings.dll in it. I have downloaded every DDO installer I can find, which is at least 3 different ones, and downloaded the updates the same number of times. If someone could help me by sending me a copy of their working corestrings.dll from the main DDO folder, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

Community Member AmsterdamHeavy's Avatar

sorry, not sure whats in that file, so I would never send it to you.
    True Neutral

All I know is I can log in fine, but when I select the server to play on, the intro does not start, instead I get that message.

Community Member

I was thinking the same thing. But if you have tried downloading 3 different clients, sounds like you may be using off-site websites.

Here is the Official client page if you need it:

http://turbine.fuzeqna.com/ddo.suppo...4761&catID1=13

Uninstall what you already have. Make sure that all the files in the DDO folder are deleted after uninstall if the uninstall left the folder. Then try installing this client and patch.

I would suggest NO ONE send him your file until a DEV or MOD reads these threads.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vyctor View Post
    instead I get that message.
    What message?

<corestrings.dll is missing stringID 132>[132]

I tried the 10 day trial version and two versions from the tech support area.

but I will try that link too, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Snike View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. But if you have tried downloading 3 different clients, sounds like you may be using off-site websites.

Here is the Official client page if you need it:

http://turbine.fuzeqna.com/ddo.suppo...4761&catID1=13

Uninstall what you already have. Make sure that all the files in the DDO folder are deleted after uninstall if the uninstall left the folder. Then try installing this client and patch.

I would suggest NO ONE send him your file until a DEV or MOD reads these threads.
    I used that link, downloaded the file, installed it, updated and tried to log into Ghallanda and got the same <corestrings.dll is missing stringID 132>[132]
    error again.

I then did a repair and updated and tried again and got the same message. Can someone please help me get back into the game? I want to play DDO.

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

Hate to tell you but if you uninstalled and then reinstalled a fresh download the problem may be outside of the DDO ap. But, as others have said, check out the tech support forum for help.

string errors ughh all my ui since mod 5 on my desktop is a string error. did you do the updates nonstop ro stop em in between of an update in the middle? i did its my guess at what caused it

Well, the corestrings.dll file is the turbine file that contains all the error messages for the engine. It is very possible that the error is not within that DLL, but the error causes the client to look up the error message in corestrings.dll and that is when it cannot find it, so it shows "missing 132" instead of the actual error message.

Make sure you have all the Service Packs installed for the .net framework, etc as well as your most current video drivers.

On the offchance that is not the case, I've zipped and uploaded that single dll file to my webserver for you. Version is 1.2.0.0. You should never get files from people you don't know due to the risk of viruses and what not...so, not sure if you'll want to download this from me or not.

http://perfectweb.org/ddo/corestrings.zip

I updated my video drivers through the device manager and downloaded the Microsoft Redistributable Package and Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1. I installed both on my computer and am still getting the same error. Is there anything else I can do? Thank you for your help thus far.

I updated my video drivers through the device manager and downloaded the Microsoft Redistributable Package and Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1. I installed both on my computer and am still getting the same error. Is there anything else I can do? Thank you for your help thus far.
    What video card do you have? A lot of times the auto-updated drivers will not be the most current ones since Microsoft doesn't always track the updates for nvidia and ATI. It could also be an issue with sound.

You could also modify your UserPreferences.ini file (in C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\My Documents\Dungeons and Dragons Online) and fine the setting for EngineSpeed and set it to VeryLow.

Quote Originally Posted by jjflanigan View Post
    You should never get files from people you don't know due to the risk of viruses and what not...so, not sure if you'll want to download this from me or not.
    Sure... now you tell us. I think I'm going to inspect this strange "Weapon Compare.exe" file I found a little more carefully...

I went and downloaded the latest driver for the NVidia 7950 that I'm running and still getting that error. How do I check if it is sound related? I'm using on board sound, no upgraded sound card.

Quote Originally Posted by jjflanigan View Post
    You could also modify your UserPreferences.ini file (in C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\My Documents\Dungeons and Dragons Online) and fine the setting for EngineSpeed and set it to VeryLow.
    I went there and that folder is empty. What is supposed to be there?

I went there and that folder is empty. What is supposed to be there?
    Hrm -- that should be where it keeps your userpreference files and keyboard mapping. It may not build those files til the first time you successfully launch the client though. As long as the directory already exists, try extracting this file into the directory and then re-launch the game: http://perfectweb.org/ddo/UserPreferences.zip -- It's a very low settings preference file.

I'm really not sure what else it could be. Try disabling your sound in your device manager and see if it will launch that way you can eliminate the sound card as being the issue.

that fixed it thank you very much! I can finally play DDO since I kicked the girlfriend 6 hours away for the weekend

that fixed it thank you very much! I can finally play DDO since I kicked the girlfriend 6 hours away for the weekend
    Yay! Glad I was able to help.

Community Member

Nice catch JJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast