The Hatchery

Default Skill Breakdowns

Quote Originally Posted by Brattyone View Post
    I attempted to stealth Impossible Demands, where my hide and move silently were sitting at 120/118 respectively, and was heard by mobs. I could twist a little more stealth in but really not sure how high it must be on Reaper Mode. There were mobs that didn't hear me, or I just became more cautious, and then had no trouble killing everything.
    Oh no!

In anticipation of my favorite method to cheese through difficult content, I am going to compile a list of as many bonuses to hide and move silently as I can.

Also, it can't hurt to do the same for search and disable device, as well.

And I'm making a Bard, so there's the perform DC...

Eh, I might as well do all skills in the game. I'll have to do it by level, too, cause reaper mode is available at all levels.

But that is a lot of work, so I'm gonna be lazy:
    Balance, Concentration, Haggle, Heal, Jump, Listen, Repair, Swim, and Tumble will not be covered. I can't imagine a serious scenario where someone would want to go out of their way to max these skills. If you REALLY want to know... figure it out yourself.
    UMD is special, it is useful but it has very obvious breakpoints, and it plays by different rules when it comes to items and tomes. I will also not cover this.
    I want the USEFUL maximum, so that means not making large sacrifices to get a max number. So no heroic skill feats. Add those in if you wish.

This won't be a long post. If you want to know how high you can get a given skill, just look through the spreadsheet and add your stat modifier.

For example, if I want to know how high I could get my hide and move silently at level 20, I would add up the stuff I have from each sheet
    Items/level: 60 (includes enhancement bonus)
    Racial: 3 (human t1)
    Class: 4 (rogue t1, one skill mastery)
    Destiny: 27 (shadowdancer)
    Feats: 3 (rogue pl x3)
    Buffs: 7 (GH, guild)
    =104

DEX mod of 20, 124 hide/ms

If I'm missing anything, please let me know! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    Oh no!

In anticipation of my favorite method to cheese through difficult content, I am going to compile a list of as many bonuses to hide and move silently as I can.

Also, it can't hurt to do the same for search and disable device, as well.

And I'm making a Bard, so there's the perform DC...

Eh, I might as well do all skills in the game. I'll have to do it by level, too, cause reaper mode is available at all levels.

But that is a lot of work, so I'm gonna be lazy:
    Balance, Concentration, Haggle, Heal, Jump, Listen, Repair, Swim, and Tumble will not be covered. I can't imagine a serious scenario where someone would want to go out of their way to max these skills. If you REALLY want to know... figure it out yourself.
    UMD is special, it is useful but it has very obvious breakpoints, and it plays by different rules when it comes to items and tomes. I will also not cover this.
    I want the USEFUL maximum, so that means not making large sacrifices to get a max number. So no heroic skill feats. Add those in if you wish.

This won't be a long post. If you want to know how high you can get a given skill, just look through the spreadsheet and add your stat modifier.

For example, if I want to know how high I could get my hide and move silently at level 20, I would add up the stuff I have from each sheet
    Items/level: 60 (includes enhancement bonus)
    Racial: 3 (human t1)
    Class: 4 (rogue t1, one skill mastery)
    Destiny: 27 (shadowdancer)
    Feats: 3 (rogue pl x3)
    Buffs: 7 (GH, guild)
    =104

DEX mod of 20, 124 hide/ms

If I'm missing anything, please let me know! Thanks.
    Tomes
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    Tomes
    Those are already in.

Incorporeal adds a +5 Enhancement Bonus to Hide and Move Silent

Wraith gives 20 ms/hide, dunno the bonus type
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by psykopeta View Post
    Wraith gives 20 ms/hide, dunno the bonus type
    I assume it's coded like SD's shadow form, so it should stack with everything.

And I thought it only gave move silently?

LGS gear that adds bonuses to dex skills! Tier 3 =+39

nvm: looking now at spreadsheet and you have it
    Last edited by Saekee; 10-15-2016 at 11:35 AM.

camouflage spell, +10 to hide (stacks as a 'circumstance' bonus)

you listed a dex modifier of 20. That means a dex of 50. I think you can get that much higher. A 70 dex would be a modifier of 30 (with slave lord crafting you can get insane stats. My Prowler in sig is projected to have the following:, 6tome, 7levels, 2assassin, 4acrobat, 17item (slave lord), 7insight (LGS), 1exc, 4 quality, 2profane, 2shadowdancer, 2yugo, 2ship, 2 Elf= 78 dex, or +34 ability score mod).

Also: Tenser's Transformation will add +4 alchemical to dex which is another +2 to HS/MS
    Last edited by Saekee; 10-15-2016 at 11:47 AM.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    camouflage spell, +10 to hide (stacks as a 'circumstance' bonus)

you listed a dex modifier of 20. That means a dex of 50. I think you can get that much higher. A 70 dex would be a modifier of 30 (with slave lord crafting you can get insane stats. My Prowler in sig is projected to have the following:, 6tome, 7levels, 2assassin, 4acrobat, 17item (slave lord), 7insight (LGS), 1exc, 4 quality, 2profane, 2shadowdancer, 2yugo, 2ship, 2 Elf= 78 dex, or +34 ability score mod).

Also: Tenser's Transformation will add +4 alchemical to dex which is another +2 to HS/MS
    Camo is included.

The 50 DEX is about what I have at level 20 without putting much effort into it.

Camo is included.

The 50 DEX is about what I have at level 20 without putting much effort into it.
    ahh for level 20? That is decent
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

2014 DDO Players Council

Balance, Concentration, Haggle, Heal, Jump, Listen, Repair, Swim, and Tumble will not be covered. I can't imagine a serious scenario where someone would want to go out of their way to max these skills.
    Really? I think Jump and Tumble do have an upper limit on usefulness, and the mechanics for Balance are unclear to me, but the others?

Heal = Spellpower
    Repair = Spellpower
    Concentration requirements scale w. incoming damage
    Listen is an opposed check, so requirements scale w. mob skill
    Swim = Swim & Fly speed
    Haggle = CA$H!!!1
    Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Our final update of 2014 will extend the level cap to 30, which is intended to be DDO’s “permanent” level cap