Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    Community Member

Default Good guide

I have been reading through the guide and while I find it very useful it seems spread out over several pages and is at times difficult to navigate. I would attribute much of this to this being a new tool for me. However, it seems this information would greatly help the community if it was on the DDO Wiki, is there a reason it isn't?

Community Member

Although it's not organized, great thread

Community Member Cedrica-the-Bard's Avatar

I wish this was a sticky.

Community Member

Default Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Leader View Post
    I recommend setting the puzzle first, then turning on power, this way you will not inadvertently trigger a trap onto the Worley brother.
    OMG Thank you so much!! I had been killing myself for hours with this puzzle. I had only one tile left to power, and I couldn't solve it for the life of me... Turns out, after going through your guide, it was one stinking 'corner' tile that was out of place.

Arly

hmm bump

Community Member

And the Dead Shall Rise…

Quest Giver: Siendra d’Jorasco, in a small alcove straight north of the House of Wizardry in House Jorasco
    Level: 11 party
    Patron: House Jorasco (6/12/18)
    Length: long
    Entry Point: The Spire of Validus in northern Delara’s Graveyard
    Prereqs: none
    Recommended Party: standard, a rogue is nice, and someone who can cast bless
    Base Experience: 3,700
    Quest Info:
    --Creatures: wraiths, zombies, skeletons, mummy, lich
    --Traps: acid, air, blades

Walkthrough:

Step in and clear the bottom hall. If you have someone who can cast bless, have them bless the water of the fountain in the middle. Pick up the resulting stones.

Begin the very long trek up the Spire. Clear the halls as you go, when you get to the junction rooms use the stones on the altars, they will help fight the undead. Keep an eye open for traps and secret doors on the way up

It gets repetitive, but don’t be lulled, the fights stay difficult and you only get one shrine. When you get to the top you will find yourself in a room with 3 altars, clickin on the altars will send you to the peak of the tower and activate the fight with the lich.

To make things interesting, the floor becomes ethereal, and while the lich can walk across it, you cannot. He will bombard you with lightning, fire and acid spells, as well as the occasional disintrigrate. Use range on him to get his attention, and melee when he gets close enough. You can jump from corner to corner if you have a jump buff and good hopping skills.

Also, community member Thailand_Dan added this tidbit for you casters choosing which spells to use (thanks for the heads up!):

At the end drop down to the very bottom to snag a chest and behind a secret door, his phylactery.
    End Reward: standard loot choice
    FYI: Disintegrate works 100% against the Lich. Took me a couple casts on normal setting.

Community Member

Mirra’s Sleepless Nights

Quest Giver: Mirra Parthilcar in the Drowning Sorrows Tavern
    Level: 6 Solo/Party
    Patron: House Jorasco (4/8/12)
    Length: medium
    Entry Point: just outside the Drowning Sorrows, by the Haunted Library
    Prereqs: none
    Recommended Party: any, rogue is nice
    Base Experience: 760
    Quest Info:
    --Creatures: wights, skeletons, zombies, ghouls
    --Traps: cold

Walkthrough:

The quest is linear and fairly quick, so this will be the quick run guide.

Head north, in the first chamber go west. This will check off first objective.

Head north again, in the second chamber go east, this will check off second objective and complete.

End Reward: Standard loot choice
    Is there no way through the magical barrior to the iron golems and the passageway beyond?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravanys View Post
    Is there no way through the magical barrior to the iron golems and the passageway beyond?
    Turn in the quest and pick up part 2.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Community Member

[CENTER]Setting the Wards: The Patriarch’s Crypt

Get ready to run as you purify the main altar. The wraith of Marguerite is invincible, and she wants a piece of you! The gate to the north opens, make a sprint down the hall. Oh ****! Closed gate. Quickly pull the levers on either side to open it. Aaaargh, they are trapped with fire, owe! Oh well, heal up and go, go, go. Oh bugger, another locked gate, quickly hit the lever and hope there aren’t any more traps. Phew, in the clear! Grab the stone tablet off of the altar and get out of there! Phew.

End Reward: none
    End reward, NONE, my fav

Default Taming the Flames

Taming the Flames.

The Necromancer seems to have developed a passion for Phantasmal Killer - Not seen him use Slay Living though.

Community Member

Ascension Chamber

Quest Giver: Sir Rohine Stiedra in the Norther Necropolis
    Level: 15 Raid
    Patron: The Silver Flame (6/12/18)
    Length:
    Entry Point: Top of the Black Masoleum in the Northern Necropolis
    Prereqs: Completion of the Litany of the Dead, all 4 alternate endings
    Recommended Party: A good one.
    Base Experience:
    Quest Info:
    --Creatures: Wheeps, Mummies, Quells, Shadows... and a big, almost god, Super-Lich.
    --Traps: Don't drink the water.

Walkthrough:

Yea... Right.

End Reward:
    I love this walkthrough.

Community Member

Just simply amazing! A lot of work this took! Thanks!

Community Member

Default Thank the Gods for this thread

This thread has helped so many, with so much, for so long. Thank you!
    >^*^<

brief panic when I lost this book mark. Glad i was able to find it again except none of the link in the OP seem to work anymore
    Last edited by Bolo_Grubb; 12-18-2016 at 11:18 AM.
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    BoloGrubb / DJGrubb / Gijo
    Proud member of the HighLords of Malkier

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Taming the Flames.

The Necromancer seems to have developed a passion for Phantasmal Killer - Not seen him use Slay Living though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Any guides out there for Genesis point yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by GlassCannon View Post
    The maps would be a lot more complex and detailed if I could get them from inside my head to an actual picture on the interbutts.

I can't wait for a True Neural Interface, where a person can memory dump directly into a file...

Very well done for the equipment granted.
    Fun part about thread necros is seeing some familiar faces
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Word. So this thread was necroed after a few years of gathering dust, so I figured I would do a quick history for nostalgia's sake. Way back in '07 the forum mods decided to hold a contest for player written strategy guides and player guides. At the time there was nothing like this. The ddowiki didn't have a comprehensive quest guide and it was before spyderwolf was making his videos. I decided that this would be a great tool for myself and other players, so I set to it. In the end it took 3rd place in the contest, after SableShadow's Notes of a Dancing Rogue, and MysticTheurge's Ask a Loremaster. We each got the forum title "Scholar Of Adventure" and the other two got some other ingame gifts or something.

Anyways, fast forward a couple years and the mods come up with the compendium. In order to bring more traffic there (or whatever reason) they decided to copy the winning guides to the compendium. But joke was on them, I got an email telling me that there was too much info to move the Lost Quest Guide over to the compendium and it would take too many man hours for them to do it, so this guide wouldn't make it over there. Also the editors over at ddowiki were beginning to get the quests section filled out and the wiki was really becoming the go-to source for that kind of info. While I'd like to think that some of my project here helped them to make that resource better, I know that those folks do a huge amount of work to keep that wiki awesome. Still, I tried to keep this thread going for a bit longer as it was my pet project.

Fast forward a few more years and I'd stopped updating at all really, the wiki crew has more than done a great job filling this niche and I prefer to spend my time playing. Then the ddo forums made a big change in software and all the old links were broken. This guide I think helped quite a few folks over the years, but it is out of date, and I didn't really see a need to spend the hours necessary to fix it all.

So now here we are in the future. DDO has gone thru many devs and ownerships. I am still here and playing, at least from time to time, and I still enjoy the game. I've made some great friends. Have some great memories. I plan to continue that. Cheers to you all! Everybody Drink!
    Leader of Lost Legions
    ~Sarlona~

Welcome home Lost Leader! This is one of the all time best threads on these forums. I used it back when you first created it.

Nostalgia and camaraderie for the win!
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 12-22-2016 at 02:20 AM.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Community Manager

Closing at the request of the OP.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314