Default Alignment change

I would like to request there be some way that we can change alignment on characters. In D&D it’s your actions that can change your alignment so perhaps a quest or something that has a long timer on it and cost a lot of plat. I really want to change my alignment to neutral but I do not want to put all the time needed into capping a new character.
    Quote Originally Posted by hsinclair View Post
    Remember, you will all have bragging rights forever as not only the first live guild to beat the titan, but the only live guild to beat the unnerfed Titan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    There's a saying, "The impossible is what nobody can do until somebody does." People will remember your accomplishment the next time they run into something that's "impossible".

Congratulations!

Dragonshards, Fred please reprogram me to dislike rules and be more kind to others
    "My level of not-giving-a-**** is infinate"
    *FRICK - Level 14 Ftr * Bosco 14 Clr * Kassimar 9 sorc*

Community Member

I'd like to be able to make evil charecters, just becouse, for roleplaying reasons.

Yeah I dont like the default LG. I re-rolled a guy so many times and when I finally settled on the stats/skills and played him up to level 6 I realized my mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by bmacclellan0001 View Post
    I'd like to be able to make evil charecters, just becouse, for roleplaying reasons.
    Do you mean like the, "I only used Grease on you while you were fighting the Beholder because I am CE and worship them in secret. I am only RPing my character so don't get mad." role playing reasons?
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."
    -Barry LePatner

Quote Originally Posted by bmacclellan0001 View Post
    What's the point if you can't loot your own party?

Seriously, I think we're all chaotic evil in DDO anyway. Those alignment tags are just for show.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercules View Post
    Do you mean like the, "I only used Grease on you while you were fighting the Beholder because I am CE and worship them in secret. I am only RPing my character so don't get mad." role playing reasons?
    Those people need to be... fed to Carnivorous Sea Monkeys.

I wouldn't mind an Alignment Shift ability to be placed into the game... actually what I would really like is the Hybrid Feats like Devoted Performer (Paladin/Bard) and Asthetic Knight and all those... I would love a Bardic Paladin

Aesop
    Rule 1: Don't sweat the small stuff
    Rule 2: Its all small stuff
    Rule 3: People are stupid. You, me everyone... expect it
    more rules to come in a different sig

I think alignment change would be cool, and evil would be neat.

Of course you shouldn't be able to change to an alignment that is prohibited by one of yoru classes (as much as I would love to make a paladin/bard).

I really don't see it as much of a game balance issue and its justified in terms of RP etc... I'd put it on a longish timer just to give it some flavor. It could also make a decent low end favor reward of some kind.
    Former Host of DDOcast
    Member of The Madborn of Thelanis
    Streaming sometimes on twitch as SigTrent

Quote Originally Posted by sigtrent View Post
    I think alignment change would be cool, and evil would be neat.

Of course you shouldn't be able to change to an alignment that is prohibited by one of yoru classes (as much as I would love to make a paladin/bard).
    Its legal in PnP Check out the Complete Adventurer look up the feat Devoted Performer

The divine defensive powers of a Pally combined with the skills, magic, and tricks of a Bard and both classes use the same primary stat...I never saw this feat but that sounds like it would actually work really well as a support role/2nd hitter/2nd caster and Mega-Good-Luck-Charm all wrapped into one. With Pally Aura and Bard Songs/Spells imagine the buffage this guy brings. Would probably be easy to implement too just create a pre-req feat and allow the mutliclassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Twerpp View Post
    The divine defensive powers of a Pally combined with the skills, magic, and tricks of a Bard and both classes use the same primary stat...I never saw this feat but that sounds like it would actually work really well as a support role/2nd hitter/2nd caster and Mega-Good-Luck-Charm all wrapped into one. With Pally Aura and Bard Songs/Spells imagine the buffage this guy brings.
    One catch you have to be Lawful Good. So if you start as a Bard (cause you need Bardic Music) and then change alignments and go Pallly you can take the Feat which allows the combo which imporves your Bardic Music and Smite Abilities. specifically you add the classes together for determining the abilities.

Aesop