Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by apious1 View Post
    There is a two limit max per group at this time however, e.g. in a twelve man group only two people can have the voice, the wand, etc. I read this that each person in the group will now be able to have one of the items.
    no, you can have multiple items right now..... many people abuse this when they short man the dragon raid. Explaining how to do it would undoubtedly get me infraction points or worse.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by Missing Minds View Post
    MB your "tip" means nothing if the spell does not actually help your tumble. And given in PnP jump and tumble can reduce falling damage, and they had the tip WRONG originally, many characters have no tumble. I know of very few clerics with tumble as well.

0 ranks in tumble + tumble spell = 0 tumble ability.
    0 ranks in tumble + item of tumble = 0 tumble ability
    0 ranks in tumble + spell + items STILL EQUALS no tumble ability.
    The point is to actually spend a skill point on Tumble, so that items and spells will help you.

Community Member Cedrica-the-Bard's Avatar

Well I have characters with no ranks in Tumble but there is a way to get it.

Cast Greater Heriosm, cast Tumble, THEN equip a Tumble item. Voila, you now have 24 Tumble with a +10 item. (well, 26 cause of the bug...)

Not sure why that works, but it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedrica-the-Bard View Post
    Well I have characters with no ranks in Tumble but there is a way to get it.

Cast Greater Heriosm, cast Tumble, THEN equip a Tumble item. Voila, you now have 24 Tumble with a +10 item. (well, 26 cause of the bug...)

Not sure why that works, but it does.
    Interesting, Cedrica. I know that GH + Tumble still won't help you out but I've never tried it with the addition of a tumble item to see what that does. That helps a lot more than MB's or Uther's pointless comments for capped characters. Thanks.

Community Member Mad_Bombardier's Avatar

That helps a lot more than MB's or Uther's pointless comments for capped characters. Thanks.
    It is a "Helptips" comment; I just reposted it. And they fixed the helptip when Mod4 rolled out and no one was capped to 14. So, you only have yourself to blame for not taking Tumble. No other (n/a) skill works with no ranks, why would Tumble be any different?

And, actually, when my Tumble (n/a) Cleric gets hit with the Tumble spell, I appear gain 1 skill point on my Char Sheet. Dunno how or why, but it happens. /shrug I just need to get a Tumble item to see if I can increase that 1.

Hmm... once again no date for Mod 5?

Edit: I was gonna attempt a funny joke here but I just don't care enough to let you string me along any longer.
    Luthen || Eldormadoh || Luthian || Theodread || Madmardigan || Whillow || Earnur || Halbarad || Adnakhor
    "A good player overcomes. A poor player is overcome" -Proud member of DWAT

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Bombardier View Post
    It is a "Helptips" comment; I just reposted it. And they fixed the helptip when Mod4 rolled out and no one was capped to 14. So, you only have yourself to blame for not taking Tumble. No other (n/a) skill works with no ranks, why would Tumble be any different?

And, actually, when my Tumble (n/a) Cleric gets hit with the Tumble spell, I appear gain 1 skill point on my Char Sheet. Dunno how or why, but it happens. /shrug I just need to get a Tumble item to see if I can increase that 1.
    Funny thing that. No other (n/a) skill works with no rank, eh? You forgot about the spell Jump. That simple and useful 1st lvl spell, and it most definitely works.

What is the str value on your cleric? I ask because my bard ( n/a for tumble ranks) gets hit with both tumble and GH and nada on the skill points. But the difference could be in encumberance? I think she's at a medium load normally. I wonder if that could be a kicker in it.

Community Member Mad_Bombardier's Avatar

Funny thing that. No other (n/a) skill works with no rank, eh? You forgot about the spell Jump. That simple and useful 1st lvl spell, and it most definitely works.

What is the str value on your cleric? I ask because my bard ( n/a for tumble ranks) gets hit with both tumble and GH and nada on the skill points. But the difference could be in encumberance? I think she's at a medium load normally. I wonder if that could be a kicker in it.
    Jump is not an (n/a) skill. (n/a) skills require ranks to unlock the skill and are Disable Device, Open Locks, Perform, Tumble, and Use Magic Device. All other skills are automatic for all players, with + or - skill being determined by Attribute modifier, ranks, and items.

And encumbrance may be it. My Cleric has 26 STR and is only encumbered when Exhausted AND removes STR item.
    Edit: of course now that I try to reproduce it, I can't. /meh
    Last edited by Mad_Bombardier; 09-17-2007 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by apious1 View Post
    There is a two limit max per group at this time however, e.g. in a twelve man group only two people can have the voice, the wand, etc. I read this that each person in the group will now be able to have one of the items.
    No anyone can have any item, there is no group limit.

guess we either get it next week or it gets postponed to october....

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPantha View Post
    guess we either get it next week or it gets postponed to october....
    Hey September 27th is still September everybody.
    Clerics of Fernia
    King of Stormreach
    (and if you disagree with me, then you can treat me like a Nintendo Cartridge )

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Cowdenicus View Post
    Hey September 27th is still September everybody.
    Last I checked, Sept 27th would fall next week....

Which would also be the last full week of Sept.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by Quarion View Post
    NEW - Zawabi now checks to see if he can give you the demon queen raid quest before taking your items.
    This is nice, but it would be even better if each time you give an item, it advances the quest, it woiuld start with something like get me the 3 items, and each time you give him one, it advance your quest and you can see in your quest panel which items you actually gave him. Instead of having the quest opened, and go talk with him to know exactly what you need to give him.

But just this change is a good one, no more doing the entire preraid and when you come back to him he gives you the preraid quest just because you forgot to talk to him twice.
    Guild I'm one of a kind, Khyber
    Current Crew: Raika ~ Carolanne ~ Sulthania ~ Yasminne ~ Zazette
    Semi-Active Crew: Rosanna ~ Venusia ~ Coriza
    Retired Crew: Alexandra ~ Samara ~ Zaretta ~ Carelle ~ Katina ~ Nathalya ~ Kristina ~ Nausikaa ~ Carietta ~ Isabella ~ Zyvorra ~ Hetoff
    Guild The Ashen, Khyber (Originally from Riedra)
    Retired Crew: Zazumi

Thumbs up

this will hopefully be the nicest update yet, I do hope you all are planning on server crashes though, JUST IN CASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Last I checked, Sept 27th would fall next week....

Which would also be the last full week of Sept.
    and since we got dev activities instead of first look notes, it should be next week, at the earliest in theory.
    Clerics of Fernia
    King of Stormreach
    (and if you disagree with me, then you can treat me like a Nintendo Cartridge )

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    no, you can have multiple items right now..... many people abuse this when they short man the dragon raid. Explaining how to do it would undoubtedly get me infraction points or worse.
    I seriously don't see how multiple items would make it easier to shortman von 5. As it stands... you only need one person to have the voice to complete the entire quest. The other gifts are silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Bombardier View Post
    Jump is not an (n/a) skill. (n/a) skills require ranks to unlock the skill and are Disable Device, Open Locks, Perform, Tumble, and Use Magic Device. All other skills are automatic for all players, with + or - skill being determined by Attribute modifier, ranks, and items.

And encumbrance may be it. My Cleric has 26 STR and is only encumbered when Exhausted AND removes STR item.
    Edit: of course now that I try to reproduce it, I can't. /meh
    There won't be any n/a skills in Mod 5, allegedly

Community Member

I am a bit confused about the reason for the change of the /death. Now I do understand that some people (like me) have used it as an exploit but to be honest I have also used it for stuck situations around the game. now I will have to put in a GM request instead and on the other hand I don’t have to /death to die you know… in every spot where I right now use /death to get around something there is a near by trap or water or something that would let me die another way. Now I am not saying that I have a good solution for the exploit problem but by changing /death all you are going to do is increase your support requests in game. or… here is my idea… make more high level dungeons so we are not playing the same ones over and over and over and over and over… that is how we are finding the exploits. After 40 or more times running the same dungeon we find every little trick in it. If we had a lot more different dungeons to go into it would be a lot harder to find all the exploits.

Community Member

Default Hmm...

If you're gonna suggest more high-level quests, you might as well suggest some new low-level quests, some new solo quests, and since it seems to be all the rage right now, how 'bout some high-level solo quests for raid-level loot? Just make sure you set the difficulty level to that of the current Vile Apothecary or higher, relative to the character level...
    Trinarius (Trin) - Level 20 Dwarven Rogue/Ranger/Wizard

Guild Leader of the Face Stabbing Misfits, Ghallanda server!

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chippy View Post
    I am a bit confused about the reason for the change of the /death. Now I do understand that some people (like me) have used it as an exploit but to be honest I have also used it for stuck situations around the game. .
    You just answered your own question. People like you who abused it resulted in them nerfing it for everyone and removing the legit purpose for it.

congrats for helping with the nerf.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12