Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by alchilito View Post
    Maybe you should personally tell this to your cancer, you know chemotherapy might save your face in the Argonnessen forums.
    I'm pretty sure I just did. Your commentary is unnecessary.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    Perhaps you should get on your stepstool so we all can hear.
    phsaw

He needs a skyscraper.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspenor View Post
    phsaw

He needs a skyscraper.
    Why did I just get a mental picture of a halfling running around with a stepstool sticking out of his pack?
    R.I.P. E.G.G. 3/4/08

I'm pretty sure I just did. Your commentary is unnecessary.
    Going on the forums is not personal its public IMO.

Community Member

Going on the forums is not personal its public IMO.
    Valid point. I'm at work, and only ever talk to Mad in-game. I haven't been on Argo recently, powerleveling my Ghallanda character. This is actually the most direct route. I know he's reading this, or will at some point.

Valid point. I'm at work, and only ever talk to Mad in-game. I haven't been on Argo recently, powerleveling my Ghallanda character. This is actually the most direct route. I know he's reading this, or will at some point.
    Roger that Asp. I'm done with this useless thread.

Community Member

Roger that Asp. I'm done with this useless thread.
    /signed

On that note, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY KIST!

I got your back on the Khyber forums man /flex

oh yeah, and in closing I'd like to say TF has numerous military members, of whom we are very proud. Thank you all.
    Last edited by Aspenor; 09-10-2007 at 12:33 PM.

lol you guys gotta chill the **** out, I just said some people join the military for those reasons, not all, not even most, just some, learn some reading comprehension people. my entire post says, some people join the military for those reasons, but people join for a lot for reasons so it's not fair to hate on everyone in the military. You guys need to get yer American flag panties unwound and chill the **** out. If anything I was defending people who arint mindless idiots in the military by saying that some join for those reasons, but people join for a lot of other reasons too.
    Madmardigan-Greatest swordsman that ever lived
    Vohnkar-Best warrior in the village
    Siiru-Wildcat cleric.

Proud Cancer of the Tinted Faces

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Madmardigan View Post
    lol you guys gotta chill the **** out, I just said some people join the military for those reasons, not all, not even most, just some, learn some reading comprehension people. my entire post says, some people join the military for those reasons, but people join for a lot for reasons so it's not fair to hate on everyone in the military. You guys need to get yer American flag panties unwound and chill the **** out. If anything I was defending people who arint mindless idiots in the military by saying that some join for those reasons, but people join for a lot of other reasons too.
    Man, you gotta learn some discretion, and some writing skills. Your post pretty much stated you feel all people in the military are idiots or bloodthirsty, whether you feel you said that or not is irrelevant. Although, this was a nice attempt to cover up what you said.
    Last edited by Aspenor; 09-10-2007 at 01:36 PM.

please, i know what has been said here, i know whats going on, but please can we take this to pm's or drop it in respect of the original meaning of this thread and get off the soap boxes and call it done b4 i see this thread locked and deleted... Sorry Kist for ninja'ing your thread... Happy B-Day btw (even though i said it yesterday)
    Castar of Heals - Cleric 15
    "If you put google into google you can indeed break the internet"
    Regarded Officer of Relics of the Last War

Community Member

Sorry Steam I just had to say that. I'm done.

Its cool.. its just yeah... this thread got out of hand (and even i admit that i got in on it too) but it needs to stop b4 we all look like old, bickering married couples, or worse.. grab a few dozen bans from this thread alone
    Castar of Heals - Cleric 15
    "If you put google into google you can indeed break the internet"
    Regarded Officer of Relics of the Last War

Relic of the Last War
    Scholar of Adventure
    Founder

Exclamation But...

Quote Originally Posted by Steam313 View Post
    Sorry Kist for ninja'ing your thread... Happy B-Day btw (even though i said it yesterday)
    This isn't even my thread!!!! You all owe Davey 5 silver per post unrelated to kissing my brand-spanking new 28 yr old hiney.

And again, thank-you everyone for the wishes (and the patriotism). :-) I'd like to see more "congratulatory" threads like this one (before the hijacking part).
    Last edited by Kistilan; 09-10-2007 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Red White and Blue

Man, you gotta learn some discretion, and some writing skills. Your post pretty much stated you feel all people in the military are idiots or bloodthirsty, whether you feel you said that or not is irrelevant. Although, this was a nice attempt to cover up what you said.
    no, you read what you thought i said, maybe it isn't as clear as I should have made it, but in no way did my post say any blanket statements about the military or the people in it.

If I believed all people in the military were idiots, I probably wouldn't have just signed a contract with the D.O.D. to work in Kyrgyzstan then Afghanistan for 16 months. So hate all you want, but what you read and what I said are two different things.
    Siiru-Wildcat cleric.

Better just let this one die bro.
    The entity formerly known as Chuck Norris of Argo.

Relic of the Last War
    Scholar of Adventure
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Madmardigan View Post
    no, you read what you thought i said, maybe it isn't as clear as I should have made it, but in no way did my post say any blanket statements about the military or the people in it.

If I believed all people in the military were idiots, I probably wouldn't have just signed a contract with the D.O.D. to work in Kyrgyzstan then Afghanistan for 16 months. So hate all you want, but what you read and what I said are two different things.
    I'm not trying to slight you here, but is that a civillian contract? That's not the same in my eyes. Most civs sign these contracts because the risks are compensated with incredible amounts of cash. I mean, good on ya if you made money, but if this is the case it doesn't make you military -- you'd be a civillian working for the government. Postal workers have the same luxury, but do their job in a less-risky environment than contractors overseas in war zones.

And the blanket statement read the way it did. No amount of chilling-out and rereading it would ever have quelled the flames that it started. Please feel free to edit it. I won't say you're running away from a fight if you do. I'd rather not have another person from a different server take offense to what you've posted and start up this whole thread's "patriot" cycle again.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    Better just let this one die bro.

Can't believe I'm doing this... QFT

Count your losses and just drop it Mad.
    I don't need to walk on water when I know that I can run on wine.

It's a civ. contract, but I don't think controlling planes and helio's in a hostile environment can been seen as not helping the military. While sure I'm not enlisted, and i'll be making a **** ton more money than an Air force controller, My job will be just as risky and the pilots I'm controlling lives will be in my hands just the same.

And i did edit it, to represent the point I was getting across more clearly, still the exact same point however.
    Last edited by Madmardigan; 09-10-2007 at 02:24 PM.
    Siiru-Wildcat cleric.

Quote Originally Posted by Khestral View Post
    Can't believe I'm doing this... QFT

Count your losses and just drop it Mad.
    y'all are crazy if you think I'm just going to let something i said be taken out of context and completely the wrong way like that.
    Siiru-Wildcat cleric.

Relic of the Last War
    Scholar of Adventure
    Founder

Thumbs up Nice

Good on ya buddy.

I mean, if you really are doing this, awesome. With that kind of perspective, I just don't know how you made that initial statement. It would have taken all kinds of wonderful drugs for me to type out anything like that.
    Last edited by Kistilan; 09-10-2007 at 02:27 PM. Reason: 9-11 RIP

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast