Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Eladiun View Post
    /Rant On

Why when I have my tool bars locked can I still drag them around and remove items from them????? This seems like a rather simple piece of programming functionality. If toolbar = locked then toolbar cannot move. For the umpteenth time last night I went to hit a pot in the middle of a boss fight then dragged the pots off then fumbled move a tool bar out of sight. This should NOT happen the bars are locked. PLEASE FIX THIS. I lock them because I am a clumsy mouse wielder and tend to spas and accidentally click and drag. Arggg...

/Rant Off
    Right on brother man, this happens to me all the freakin' time. Usually in combat when I am frantically clicking away either swinging a sword or trying to keep someone alive. After the fight is over it takes me 15 minutes remember what I had in there. My fav though is when you move a LOCKED bar right into the middle of the screen or when a LOCKED bar gets moved on top of another one. This really should be fixed, its been around for a long time and is a real annoyance.
    Quote Originally Posted by DelScorcho View Post
    The loot gods are jerks.
    Coming Soon!

Bring back the WDA!

this happens when you click and drag "really fast" off a toolbar thats locked, it will pick up the item you clicked on and move it off the toolbar. very annoying in the middle of a fight. note this does not happen all the time, for me, maybe once or twice per quest.

Community Member Gandalfs_Ghost's Avatar

Me too me too, very annoying, locked toolbars moving, items swapping or getting dragged off, not very funny.
    Unless it happens to someone else and you can hear them cursing thru the mic as they try to fix it in a frantic rush, but they die anyway.
    Then its a little funny.
    But when it happens to me = not funny!

Master Cryptologist Wulf_Ratbane's Avatar

Someone else said it already but folks seem to have ignored it:

It is a LOG IN / LOG OUT issue.

When you log in to the game, all of your items are unlocked-- but the "lock toolbars" toggle is still checked. So you can pick an item up and move it-- ONCE. Once you drop the moved item back into a locked bar, the UI "rechecks" the lock toggle, and so that item stays locked.

The simple fix is to UNLOCK and RELOCK your toolbars EVERY TIME as soon as you log in. (I do this anyway, since I have to unlock my 10th bar to expand my 11th.)

But yes-- it is a really annoying bug.

I think I'll start bug reporting it every time I log in.

/death counter
    You have died 67 times.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cheg View Post
    Are you pressing the + and - keys? Dont. He meant press Ctrl AND = together.
    Okay, I figured out my confusion. To scroll the toolbar, I typically use ctrl+scroll wheel (as opposed to "-" and "="). For some reason I thought I used "ctrl" to do it via the keyboard.

This does explain a couple of things, I remember one day my toolbar edges disappeared and I couldn't figure out what was going on.

I need a day off.

Quote Originally Posted by AmsterdamHeavy View Post
    From my experience with this, items in a locked bar will sometimes move - once.

So if I'm clicking on that stack of heal pots and get clumsy, I might drag it to the left and it will swap spots with the next icon, but you wont be able to move it back without unlocking the bar. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, that's how it happens for me.

In any case I agree, it can be very annoying if this happens at an especially inopportune time.
    I can report observing the same thing happening to me.

Regs,

muffinmoved.
    Now Diving in Lava, with the Lava Divers.

AKA, Cb,Cg,Cj,Cl,Co,Cp,Cq,Cr,Cs,Ct,Cw,Cx,Cz and...Edvard. All the other C's were taken.

Yep, I've had that happen and it's very annoying and usually happens in the heat of battle.

Like Lifespawn mentioned earlier, I will unlock and then relock the bars when I first sign in and this seems to solve the problem. Now if I can just remember to do that every time .....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12