Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Talking [Competition] Filking Fun!

Ok, so it's been a while since we had a fun competition here on Sarlona (and I really enjoyed the Story Contest!) so I thought it was high time we had another. Though this time, something a little different. FILKS!

What is a filk, you may ask? Well, according to dictionary.com: '/filk/ n.,v. [from SF fandom, where a typo for `folk' was adopted as a new word] A popular or folk song with lyrics revised or completely new lyrics and/or music, intended for humorous effect when read, and/or to be sung late at night at SF conventions.'

That's right, folks - you get to reword your favourite song! But not just anyhow - for the purposes of this competition your Filk needs a few things:
    1) DDO theme!
    2) It must include Sarlona in it
    3) Reference to some of the things our wonderful server is famous for

Now, remember to keep it clean (or at least PG), cite your original song in your entry so we know which tune to sing it to, and above all have fun with it!

I'll leave the competition open for one month from today, with voting lasting the following week. Everyone will have one vote, so choose your favourite carefully! I have a few things collected that may be useful for prizes and will happily accept pledges and donations to put toward prize packs (I'll keep this thread updated with prizes as they're donated, and please PM me if you'd like to donate something!)

Now, filk away, my friends!

Current Prize List:
    1st - +1 Tome of Understanding
    2nd - Food Hamper (Candy Cane, Eternal Day Jelly Cake, Xoriat Jelly Cake, Dolurrh Jelly Cake)
    3rd - Matching Set of Dragonshards (1 each of Flawed, Imperfect and Siberys)
    Last edited by Marrra; 09-25-2007 at 10:40 PM.
    SARLONA roleplayer

Dedicated Teams Guild | Ivress | Rishkin

The Forsworn | Annihilator