Default EVENT: Khyber's Fight Club - Voting on Ruleset

It has been brought to my attention that the Rules for this event are very hard to set in stone. I've had multiple requests for this and that rule to be put in and for this and that rule to be taken out.

So what I'd like to do is have everyone vote & give your opinion on the rules that you would like in the event.

A.) Keep the current ruleset (refer to announcement post)
    B.) Throw the rules out of the window and let everyone do what they please.
    C.) Here's my opinion on the ideal rules for a pvp match *MUST GIVE EXAMPLES*
    D.) Neautral/Can't decide.

And please don't be harsh
    Laughing at you G.

Community Member Indrn_Fretgoop's Avatar

Default I vote

B!
    Dwarven Defenders of Khyber
    Officer (retired) Salinias Fretgoop LVL Fighter
    Inlestar Fretgoop lvl 10 Wizard
    Ghom Fretgoop LvL 12 Cleric/1 paladin

UnDwarven Defenders
    Officer Mr. Riedra 2007 AKA Khlondor Fretgoop LVL 12 Bard 10/2Rogue/2ranger(100 Velah kills, 16 titan kills, 5 Marilith kills)
    (Semi Retired) Sali Fretgoop LVL 13 Cleric
    LiLoneses Fretgoop Lvl 14 Intimibatman Extrodinare!

"If the world is my oyster then where the **** is my pearl of Power X?"

E!
    "Perhaps the end has not yet been written…”
    The Hand of the Black Tower Officer
    Najdorf, Assassin :: Keres, Vindicator :: Alekhine, Augur

"It's not 'Zerging.' It's an armed reconnaissance."

Quote Originally Posted by Guildmaster Kadish View Post
    E!
    E isn't even a selection lmfao
    Laughing at you G.

I'm pretty sure that the first rule of Fight Club is:

"Don't talk about Fight Club!"
    GOOLAN

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreyalsip View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the first rule of Fight Club is:

"Don't talk about Fight Club!"
    QFT! And it shall remain that way
    Laughing at you G.

This is way too hard of an event to host.....You are assuming that everyone reads the forums, they don't. You're gonna have a ton of ppl jumping in, killing ppl just to screw the event up.......

Quoting you here......

* Vulgar language will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave. This goes for any audiences too! I want to keep this
    event as clean as possible.

Asked to leave? HarHar......try to ask someone to leave......flack o' matic....

I think the best way to do this is to try and reserve a brawl area, I think they may be hip to it......(GMs that is)

Sheesh they have an event link per server......for over a month now with nothing going on......

Love your idea Nexx......Just gonna be hard to control it without help......

Nyx and Jax say hi

.C.

No doubt this has been a difficult event to orchestrate, it's going to be even more difficult to host. I think that we can help smooth things out a bit though. Just a bit of serious cooperation and sharing of thoughts before we get started and it's all going to be good. Thanks for taking the effort and energy to put this together for us Nexx.

As for troublemakers I think that switching to the Phoenix was a good move. Perhaps we could put a couple heavy dps casters or CC spec'ed folks for 'police' during the matches. Anyone unauthorized to enter gets smoked quicklike.

Now for the rules. It seems that as one rule was devised it lead to another and the descent was ever increasing. To my mind it seems that these restrictions inevitably began to take away the factors of build design and playstyle leaving the match to be decided by whoever dishes out the most raw damage.. Any warrior will admit that it is not only a matter of who has the bigger fist to win the battle. I vote that the combatants should be self sustained and only PVE abilities be allowed. The paladin sacrificed countless feats and combat enhancements to gain those lay of hands, the batman chose stat points at creation to allow for umd, the warforged sorcerer took a charisma hit in order to gain some reconstruction, and the cleric was born a dwarf to become omnipotent. This will leave us with a true measure of the character as a whole. This ruleset has already been applied and aparrently deemed as a 'Fair Trial' by the game designers. When PVP was brought into the game they gave us the Deathmatch and CTF arenas as a haven from the madness of tavern brawls. That's where we've always gone to make an even playingfield. A character's saves, abilities, feats, resources, and skills should all be brought into play. the only exceptions i would make is to take out vorpals, as this brings the melee match down to rolling the first 20. I would remove the stat dmg weapons as this is hobbled by the Blessing of the silver flame. .Nexx as the ref should also be able to see when a match reaches a stalemate, or doldrum, and bring the warriors back to start standing up much like when a groundfight goes stagnant in the ufc. It also seems that the majority of our community frowns on dispelling. Granted that leaves the cleric's main arsenal void, but I for one prefer to take on my opponent at their best rather than stripped to their core.

So that's the thought behind my suggestions. Here's the short of it.

__________________________________________________ _____

Combatants step into the pit unbuffed, inpspected by the ref as they climb down the ladder. (earth seal stoneskin the jerky and jungle cloak can only be applied on the platform, so keep this in mind -eat seal of the earth as verification?-)

Each is given a minute in the pit to prepare for war.

No vorping, as this is instant death without a save.

I'm in agreement with outlawing the stat dmg weapons, but that's just because I'm in for the good sport. (Blessing of the Silver Flame counterbalances this anyways leading to an unfair advantage)

As for destruction, hold person, paralysis, flesh to stone and the finger... If the character cant save then that is a weakness in the build. As for the natural ones, best of of three covers that.

Dispell magic? Viewed by the community as somewhat cheesy. The higher moral stance would be to take on your opponent at their prime, but I can see why it would be allowed. again I play a cleric and deathward cancels out my major killers. I'm okay with that though.

PVE abilities only, playing as if we were in the Deathmatch arena which is the same ruleset we play by in the field. By this I imply no tavern tricks like running in a circle or shield blocking while your LOH recharge, no eating and drinking. This can be managed by the ref, calling a stop and restart when such tactics are brought into play. (Maybe each combatant must state how many LOH or halfing Heals they have before the match begins? That might be a step onto the slope of Slip'pery however )

Let's get it on.

Baelketh Strakheln
    Dwarven Defender

Community Member

Default B

B!
    Thistles

/agrees with Baelketh.

Master Kadish
    "Perhaps the end has not yet been written…”
    The Hand of the Black Tower Officer
    Najdorf, Assassin :: Keres, Vindicator :: Alekhine, Augur

"It's not 'Zerging.' It's an armed reconnaissance."

Just do death matches and whoever has the most kills by the end is the champion. You can have a couple of bystanders go in as a team to help facilitate the deathmatch grouping, but as far as I'm concerned it's the only true way to avoid outside interference.

Baelketh I have to agree with you on this. Thank you for putting your 2 coppers in Just made it a lot easier on me and yes I've gotten multiple headaches (being warned by strake lol ) over this. And the whole "pit police" thing is a wonderful idea! Today being the event and yes not many people read the forums...so there not being major votes I think your idea is great and will be implemented into the pvp event. Thanks again

Oh and grab tell Nyx and Jax I lovers them haha
    Laughing at you G.