Thread: Faster Sneaking

Default Faster Sneaking

Does anyone take this or is it just a waste of time?
    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!
    Go for the eyes Boo!

I took it.

Granted, I'm a new player who's highest level character is lv 6, so my opinion might not carry much weight.

How useful is it? Well in my experience, stealth (along with trap detect/disabling) seems wasted in most PUGs because everyone is in such a rush to complete the level just for favor they just barge ahead (nevermind that when the idiots rush ahead and TPK 5x times a dungeon it ends up taking much longer).

When I play with my guildies though it is often useful for disarming traps near enemies (to avoid stumbling into them during combat), getting into position to take down a caster first, etc. And if you want to do things like that faster, then this enhancement is for you.

I also do a bit of soloing with my rogue, and that enhancement makes it so much faster.

I maxed it out on my Penitent Rogue.
    Argonnessen's only Halfling Paragon.
    Ascent

I had one or two levels of it at one point. I like it when I can afford to take it, but unfortunately, I think I had to drop it when I picked up Way of the Mechanic.
    Freeman - Human Bard - Thelanis Fulfilling my duty to the ladies of Stormreach
    Yuvben(Halfling Rogue), Acana(Drow Sorcerer), Walket(Human Cleric), Mahoukami (WF Wizard), Knicapper(Horc Fighter), Pyetr(Human Bard), Mazinger (WF Barb), and Belcar(Halfling Ranger).

I took a couple levels on my halfling rogue for solo stealth loot runs
    R.I.P. E.G.G. 3/4/08

Default i had it maxed

I maxed it out at one point after the whole "tumble breaks sneak" nerf. But that was just for fun so i could beat everybody down the hallway while looting BAM.
    READ ME NEW PLAYERS!!!
    Aeneas - Boosterseat - Eulogy - Diminutive - Moths

Default I opted for increased sneak attack damage

I thought about this enhancement. I'll only have a total of 3 Rogue levels, the rest being Ranger, so I could only pick up one rank, which I felt wouldn't do me much good. I went with the enhancement that increases sneak attack damage by +2 instead.

edit:

As I looked closer at my enhancements, I realized I could dump Ranger Devotion 1 and pick up Rogue Faster Sneaking 1. The only reason I had Devotion was because I needed to spend the action point to open the higher enhancements. With Rogue Faster Sneaking, I get good use out of the action point spent!
    Last edited by WeiQuinn; 08-24-2007 at 07:56 AM.
    Gammor Barb 9 Longthorne Barb 16 Luceille Bard 17 Neckron Rngr 8 Rog 1 Rovino Blightcaster 9 Ryeva 2 Druid 12 Shandrea Ranger 2 Rogue 1 Solegiallo Cleric 15 Syris Rngr 18 Rog 1 Barb 1 Torsade Paladin 10
    Vaconmorte Dark Hunter 6 Rog 2 Weiquinn Ranger 20

I had two levels at one point. I think I only have one level now.

I found it moderately useful to keep up with the fighters while avoiding aggro. So I could be close to the fight and ready to jump in as soon as they got aggro.

But it's hardly essential.