Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Is Sneak Attack Accuracy Useful?

Currently My Rogue has Rogue Sneak Attack Accuracy III enhancement, a Dex of 32 and a Backstabbing +5 Item. I find that TWF in level 14 Elite Quests I hit everytime on a sneak attack, I only start missing when I get Aggro and then start hitting again once I get rid of the Aggro.

Question is has anyone with similar abilities tested on if they even need the Rogue Sneak Attack Accuracy III to hit everytime on a sneak attack? Or should I just replace the enhancement. Not sure if the +3 to hit actully is making the difference.

Heddar Dwarf Fighter L 17, Celidaer Elf Wizard L 17, Merinid Drow Bard L 16,
    Talimore Human Ranger L 5, Kuven Human Cleric L 3, Kopesh Warforged Barbarian L 4

I'm sure it helps some, but its mostly a matter of finding your sweet spot. I only have accuracy 1, and tend to prefer the damage line (training).

I do miss sometimes but not often enough I feel like I'm missing out or that another +2 is going to make a big difference.
    Former Host of DDOcast
    Member of The Madborn of Thelanis
    Streaming sometimes on twitch as SigTrent

Community Member

Well you say you have +8 to-hit with your sneak attacks, and start missing when you lose that +8. So maybe +5 will be good enough for you, maybe not. Swap your enhancements around and test it out is all I can say, you are asking if +3 will make ot break you? I don't think so, you'll still have +5 from your item.

Quote Originally Posted by sigtrent View Post
    I'm sure it helps some, but its mostly a matter of finding your sweet spot. I only have accuracy 1, and tend to prefer the damage line (training).

I do miss sometimes but not often enough I feel like I'm missing out or that another +2 is going to make a big difference.

I also have Rogue sneak attack Training IV, So at this point in time I have a +8 extra to hit on Sneak Attacks and +16 Extra Dmg on Sneak Attacks.

And Sable I am not going to rely on getting Rare Items.

I guess I will test it out myself

Talimore Human Ranger L 5, Kuven Human Cleric L 3, Kopesh Warforged Barbarian L 4

Quote Originally Posted by dragnmoon View Post
    I also have Rogue sneak attack Training IV, So at this point in time I have a +8 extra to hit on Sneak Attacks and +16 Extra Dmg on Sneak Attacks.

And Sable I am not going to rely on getting Rare Items.

I guess I will test it out myself
    That's cool; don't rely on them, just know they're there and will let you do some cool things.

You may want to just try 'of Deception' by itself instead of 'of Backstabbing'...even if only in the main hand, instead of pure good or puncturing that you may be using currently.
    Brenna, Tzanna, and Tzinna Wavekin
    The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent

Quote Originally Posted by SableShadow View Post
    That's cool; don't rely on them, just know they're there and will let you do some cool things.

You may want to just try 'of Deception' by itself instead of 'of Backstabbing'...even if only in the main hand, instead of pure good or puncturing that you may be using currently.
    Quick Question.. Once Deception Wears off do I get Auto Aggro? I am worried about getting aggro when I normally would not. I rely Heavily on my Subtle Backstabing Enhancement. That is a Awsome Enhancement and Has made me so much better since it was introduced.

I Will try a Decption and Backstabbing Combo mix once I get a Decent Deception Weapon.

Usually I have the Backstabbing weapon on my off-hand (I have a few different +5 ones depending on what I am fighting) and for Main hand I have something that works well against what ever it is I am Facing.

I always Use, Let the Tank get Aggro First Method, unless I have no other choice. Sucks when I am Grouping with a Low DPS Tank though.

Quote Originally Posted by dragnmoon View Post
    Quick Question.. Once Deception Wears off do I get Auto Aggro? I am worried about getting aggro when I normally would not. I rely Heavily on my Subtle Backstabing Enhancement. That is a Awsome Enhancement and Has made me so much better since it was introduced.

I Will try a Decption and Backstabbing Combo mix once I get a Decent Deception Weapon.

Usually I have the Backstabbing weapon on my off-hand (I have a few different +5 ones depending on what I am fighting) and for Main hand I have something that works well against what ever it is I am Facing.

I always Use, Let the Tank get Aggro First Method, unless I have no other choice. Sucks when I am Grouping with a Low DPS Tank though.

Deception doesn't sluff agro, not like diplo does, though sometimes mobs act weird when they get it (run, turn around, stand there with not-so-bright expressions on their faces).

The advantage of deception is you don't lose your damage even when you have the agro...so you just go all out on it and put it down instead of trying to sluff the agro/object block/evade as you would otherwise...which is quite handy in low-fighter dps environments.

It only fires somewhere between 5% and 10% of the time, so until it does you just do what you normally do: in out, in out, watch the agro. When it *does* fire, though, you now just kill that one.

Heck, try dual deception; almost doubles the amount of hits per time, so doubles the amount of chances for it to fire (assuming you've got enough to hit already). The AH on Argo seems to have a bunch of them for cheaper than 'of pure good', so...try it on a few quests, and see if you like it. Not everyone does (I think they're nuts, but they have the same opinion of me )
    Ascent

Maybe swap out the backstabbing for dual deception, and pick up another item (Backstabber' gloves, Treason) to get +2/+3 accuracy bonus to sneak attack...that'd give you a +5 total bonus, and maybe flatten out the 'get sneak/don't get sneak) cycle.

Working for me so far; I put my Bravo's Sword in the bank, at least for now.
    Ascent