Default Just a couple of ?'s from a confused soul...

I come from Aerenal.

Never really heard,

"We can't do that.."

this much there.

Hear it alot on Sarlona.

I think its cause on Aerenal we had a serious lack of clerics so we were forced to do quests different ways.

Also the mass exodus at the first sign of trouble is comical. I always found the best way to fix a problem is leave and find another group to help me through.
    Don't be mean to me or my guild leader will kick your ^*&
    13th Circle, been saving your raids since '06

I'm confused now....
    where's the question?
    Meh.....

Why are you guys saying that now that you are here?

Sarlona Server
    Canuckel, Canuckle, Canuckal, Canuckely, Canuckels, Canuckals & Korki (just to have someone to spy on you)

Question is why the hesitation?

This is only a game, here to have fun.

So if you die a couple of times you'll have plenty of time to max out xp.
    Don't be mean to me or my guild leader will kick your ^*&
    13th Circle, been saving your raids since '06

You pose no question. I feel ambushed by an ego. Give me my 3 minutes back.
    "The proper office of a friend is to side with you when you are in the wrong. Nearly anybody will side with you when you are in the right."

The Burning Hand ~ Sarlona
    (\/)annaz ~ (\/)annox ~ (\/)anny ~ (\/)annfred

Quote Originally Posted by Laggin View Post

um lagging was lagging on explaining his question, give him a few hours
    hopefully he wont crash...

(LOL) (I want my 3 minutes back!) hillarious.

I think those people don't want to spend 1 - 3 hours struggling on a quest only to fail. von 4 and faithful departed come to mind... I want three hours of my life back! ARGHHHH!

Reminds me of that Von 4 run I ran with Canuckelhead and we forgot to talk to all the speaking stones. I think you can piece together the rest ARGHHHH!!!! Stupid haywire wanted to stuff him in a trash can...
    Last edited by Jarlaxel; 08-14-2007 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarlaxel View Post
    um lagging was lagging on explaining his question, give him a few hours
    hopefully he wont crash...

(LOL) (I want my 3 minutes back!) hillarious.

I think those people don't want to spend 1 - 3 hours struggling on a quest only to fail. von 4 and faithful departed come to mind... I want three hours of my life back! ARGHHHH!

Reminds me of that Von 4 run I ran with Canuckelhead and we forgot to talk to all the speaking stones. I think you can piece together the rest ARGHHHH!!!! Stupid haywire wanted to stuff him in a trash can...
    lol von 4 takes 20mins max
    Diverius De'Delbek 13 Wizard/1 fighter (14)
    2-manned Gianthold Tor Elite With Machavelli
    Aaiko De'Delbek 8 fighter/4 Paladin /2 rogue (14)
    5manned madstone elite w/ a cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Aaeko View Post
    lol von 4 takes 20mins max
    sure it takes 20 min if people are uber like you, me, and canuckel . But remember not everyone has that special uberness. So for a non uber under average pug group it could take an hour. And the thread was an example referring to why others dont want to waste an hour only to fail.

Never been told "you can't do it that way". Have been told and have said "this way is effective", but never ruled out other options. Have seen mass exodus once or twice ever. Only left a bad group once (TSE, and the choice was finish it out from the fire/ice room on or grab food with the roomates).

Why, even today I found out my paladin can make the crucible swim no problem.
    Nothing worth doing is easy.
    Cidolfas Orlandu | Melete Themis | Merona Hikaru | Nausica of the Wind | Eshka from the Clouds
    The Harpers

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jarlaxel View Post

5 people standing at the beginning, would have thought one of them would have done it

Sarlona Server
    Canuckel, Canuckle, Canuckal, Canuckely, Canuckels, Canuckals & Korki (just to have someone to spy on you)

Default ...

I have some questions, but I don't ask any.
    Other people leave my party at the first sign of trouble and I find that funny. I leave my party because that's the best way to fix a problem.

I am sorry, but here on Sarlona we cannot do that.
    Dr. Matson Saloner
    Professor Emeritus at the University of the Arcane Order
    Leader, Neo Skullriders - Sarlona

Not sure who you are hearing "can't do that" from. I have been playing since March of last year all on Sarlona and I have never left a group or had anyone leave because it was too hard or even when it took too long (except for the odd offline emergency). Oh I have said it before a quest on occasion.."I think a rogue would be needed here" or " we really need an arcane on this quest" but more often than not we will do it anyway and adapt.
    Sarlona Guild Succesor for The Harpers...Here nonstop since March 2006
    Sheelagh 30 cleric/ Sidheag 30 FVS/ Catiriona 30 druid/ Dirrty barbarian/ Vigdis fighter/ Banan bard and various others

Quote Originally Posted by Laggin View Post

There could be numerous reasons as to why there would be hesitation.
    Maybe the idea preposed has been tried and met with failure in the past.
    Maybe the idea preposed was an exploit of the game.
    Maybe the idea preposed would have upset or hindered other group members.
    Maybe the idea preposed ... well you get the picture.

People become set in their ways and want to stick with what they know works. Yes it is only a game and yes we wouldn't be here if it wasn't fun, but to many people, dying multiple times and reducing the xp you've accumulated is not fun. Also theres the fear that if your party members drop, party morale drops and that makes it likely that people will bail. Ditching after the party has put so much effort into completing a quest is a major downer for most.
    I'm not sure how they did things on Areneal but bailing on a quest in Sarlona without a word or 'cause this group sucks' was really a rude thing to do.

That being said, I've never run into a group that was unwilling to try something new or learn a new trick in a quest.
    Meh.....

I think a big problem is a lot of the new players can get there toons capped without actually doing a lot of the content inbetween. Like a very long dragon run that was full of 13 and 14s and most of the group was on first or second run. Of course people wanted it on elite. And no one knew the pulling and I was on cleric. and with 15 minutes and people dead all around the bases with nothing pulled in to the correct spot should I have wait for the timer to click away? And does this pulling between 2 bases that the party leader was trying to have poeple do really work? Done the raid too many times to count and have always seen pulls to home.
    Grinndal 17th Level Ranger. Cobain 19th Level Cleric. Milhouse 18th Level Fighter. Bonham 20th Level Ranger

From the Village of Aerenal located in the Land of Sarlona Gravis Negotium

I think it comes down to whos in your group really. Ran a 7-10 TSn PuG, mixed from all servers that was awesome and smooth as silk. That is until the final fight, and the rune holder got thrown off the top. The party couldnt withstand the giants onslaught, so I yelled at the group to grap everyones stones and jump off and we would try again. Well even though the party was spread across the uncleared map, the party stayed together, no one re-called, the dead were collected and we completed the quest, 30 mins longer then expected. It was an awesome showing that everyone stuck it out. So it all depends on whos in your group.

Cheers

Skitmar Guthorm 16th Human Conan UMD Barbarian(10)/Fighter(4)/Rogue(2)
    Tarith Larz 16th Dwarf Barbarian

Know what you mean about the omg we can't run any quest without a cleric/mage comments. I just laugh and move on to another group rather than wait who knows how long for what they feel is necessary.
    Halflings Rule and never irritate anyone that can cast dispell

Every quest in DDO is soloable. Unless you are absolutely forced to need a partner.
    "The proper office of a friend is to side with you when you are in the wrong. Nearly anybody will side with you when you are in the right."

The Burning Hand ~ Sarlona
    (\/)annaz ~ (\/)annox ~ (\/)anny ~ (\/)annfred

Quote Originally Posted by jmccn79 View Post
    And does this pulling between 2 bases that the party leader was trying to have poeple do really work? Done the raid too many times to count and have always seen pulls to home.
    I used to always drop the mephits in between 3rd and the intersection to home when they were slower. Now it's easy to just pull to home. In a pug, I would say go with the tatic that everyone knows and that is time tested to work especially on elite. There are faster easier tactics now but leaving a mob in between each base has not been one I am familiar with.

Since the merge I have heard a lot of crazy things in groups full of people I don't know. I have no idea if these people come from Adar, Sarlona or are the alts of those I don't recognize from my server Aerenal. I do know we have a lot more people now to deal with and we are approaching a very important time in MMO world............ BACK TO SCHOOL!!! Once everyone gets their blacklists updated and the 8 year olds that play on their parents accounts are off to school these groups I hope will balance out again.

Marlak

Even though i haven't played the game in over 6 months due to being deployed i can definitely tell you that Fred the Bard is one bad motherf#$%$r! Watch yo mouth!

Community Member

Thumbs up

just get me if you see me online, more oft than not i'm totally bored and will do anything