Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Still waiting for an answer

Original Ticket ID #283285

I reported three items lost in the mail. I mailed them from Calar-Riedra to my other character Calar (Originally from Khyber). I lost an +2 Int Tome, +6 Dex/+3 Jump Ring (RR Human), and a Ring of Spell Storing. This was approximately 5:40pm PST Thursday 8/2/07. There was a server crash and when I logged on to both characters the items were not in the mail, nor were they in the other characters inventory.

It may help to mention that I have two accounts currently so I one character was on one, and one was on another.

The response I received from the GM was this:

"Support is not able to grant, replace, or restore any in-game content or quest progression status that may have been affected by the server issue. Thank you for contacting Dungeons & Dragons Online Customer Support!"

I asked to escalate this to a senior GM who also said the same thing.

Why was I told this and then I see in this very forum the following in response to a very similar issue posed by Squier:

Quote Originally Posted by THACO View Post
    I looked at your ticket, and saw that a GM requested more information from you as to what was lost which you did not mention in your ticket. Please update your ticket as soon as you can so that we may research it further. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparker View Post
    As I have told you Squier, your report is being researched. These things do take time.

When more information is available you will be contacted.

Did I not provide enough information originally for the ticket? They could have just asked.

At this point I am infuriated beyond belief, I have posted a couple of times about this, and I have PM'ed Sparker and have yet to receive a response.

Please let me know why my issue is not being addressed seriously.
    Last edited by Tallyn; 08-08-2007 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Tried to change title of post to be less inflamatory

Customer Service Representative Sparker's Avatar

I don't see a PM from you Tallyn. Sorry that this happened to you, but what the GMs told you is correct, we can not replace items lost due to server crashes or client disconnects. Many times this will result in a rollback of the character and could cause you to lose any progress made within the past 15 minutes.

Sorry that we were not able to help you Tallyn and I do understand your frustration at the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallyn View Post
    Original Ticket ID #283285

I reported three items lost in the mail. I mailed them from Calar-Riedra to my other character Calar (Originally from Khyber). I lost an +2 Int Tome, +6 Dex/+3 Jump Ring (RR Human), and a Ring of Spell Storing. This was approximately 5:40pm PST Thursday 8/2/07. There was a server crash and when I logged on to both characters the items were not in the mail, nor were they in the other characters inventory.

It may help to mention that I have two accounts currently so I one character was on one, and one was on another.

The response I received from the GM was this:

"Support is not able to grant, replace, or restore any in-game content or quest progression status that may have been affected by the server issue. Thank you for contacting Dungeons & Dragons Online Customer Support!"

I asked to escalate this to a senior GM who also said the same thing.

Why was I told this and then I see in this very forum the following in response to a very similar issue posed by Squier:

Did I not provide enough information originally for the ticket? They could have just asked.

At this point I am infuriated beyond belief, I have posted a couple of times about this, and I have PM'ed Sparker and have yet to receive a response.

Please let me know why my issue is not being addressed seriously.

I don't see a PM from you Tallyn. Sorry that this happened to you, but what the GMs told you is correct, we can not replace items lost due to server crashes or client disconnects. Many times this will result in a rollback of the character and could cause you to lose any progress made within the past 15 minutes.

Sorry that we were not able to help you Tallyn and I do understand your frustration at the situation.

Refusal to even investigate the matter is what infuriates me. If you could at least look into it and say "I'm sorry, our archives dont have record of the event you described, we cannot reimburse the lost items", at least I'd be happy you looked at it. What was different from my event (a problem with the mail) and Squier's? You can look into his but not mine? Why is that?

I'd gladly welcome a rollback of that character at that time due to the value of the items lost.

So, you trusted a +2 tome and a +6 stat item to the mail. When it is a well known fact that things occasionally get eaten.

Can't say I'm feelin' ya. Should have moved them through a guildy or friend.
    Zhantain, level 16 Elf Ranger. Twilight Avengers Gold Section
    Gamer at The Ultimate Gaming Table.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwolf View Post
    So, you trusted a +2 tome and a +6 stat item to the mail. When it is a well known fact that things occasionally get eaten.

The really strange thing is that he says he has TWO Accounts... And was logged into Both of them so he mus thave 2PC's. He could of transfered them Himself.....
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Default Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    The really strange thing is that he says he has TWO Accounts... And was logged into Both of them so he mus thave 2PC's. He could of transfered them Himself.....
    I was thinking the exact same thing. And if you visit the forums you have heard about mail issues before.
    The evolution of DDO: Stormreach to Eberron Unlimited to Dungeons & Dragons Online
    -1--2 -3 -4 -5--6 -7 -8--9--10 -11-12 13 14! 15 16 17 years & still spawning kobolds
    From Turbine to SSG, who are the devs anyway? DDO Peeps Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    I have two accounts, one computer. I was logging out and back in to transfer the items. I was not logged into both accounts at the same time. Sorry if my first statement was a little unclear.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwolf View Post

I don't think transferring via trade window is all that much safer than the mail system in the case of a server crash. The exact same result is just as likely.
    Code:
     Sil - Human Paladin 14              Lava Divers           Tad - Drow Wizard 14
     Semolina - Elf Rog 13/Ftr 1             on              Rava - Drow Sorceror 7
     Riddikulus - Human Cleric 14          Khyber         Clamor - Warforged Barb 7
     Durum - Dwarf Ftr 10/Pal 3/Rng 1                Ridd - Dwarf Ftr 6/Rog 2/Pal 2

Quote Originally Posted by Riddikulus View Post
    I don't think transferring via trade window is all that much safer than the mail system in the case of a server crash. The exact same result is just as likely.
    I don't think so. If the crash happened before both parties accepted, then the items never left the original inventory. A crash would have to occur at the precise moment the second party 'accepted' the trade so as to catch the items between inventories. It's theoretically possible, but hardly 'as likely'.

I've never seen a report of items lost in this way. Also, the mail loss-of-item bug is not limited to server crashes.

Direct transfer is the more reliable method.
    Zhantain, level 16 Elf Ranger. Twilight Avengers Gold Section
    Gamer at The Ultimate Gaming Table.

interesting to know....

What happens if the person is OK with losing the alst 15 minutes to get an item back? ASsuming they got the item more then 15 minutes ago.
    R.I.P. Xoriat 8/2/07 ______________[]Ninja Posts:726.5 bunninja is watching
    Information from devs ______________Member of Cupcake's Muskateers!____
    /wearing a Jiffy Pop pan tinfoil hat made by shecky

Quote Originally Posted by Tallyn View Post
    I reported three items lost in the mail. I mailed them from Calar-Riedra to my other character Calar (Originally from Khyber)..
    Not one to say "tough", you should have known better...

It seems risky to send mail from Calar to Calar. Even though the server tags are present. Especially after a big server move/merge.

But I have a feeling that they might pop up in time. I have heard/read of items finding their way back to the mailbox. In some cases a couple days.

Hope it turns out well.
    Xoriat born and raised
    Krow Lvl14 Fighter
    Wykked Lvl14 Cleric

Community Member

It is known that cancer kills a lot of people. That doesn't make death by cancer any more acceptable.

The issue here seems to be a lack of investigation on the part of those we trust with running the game.

I can see why... it would take quite a bit of time to investigate these things baring some great tool being in the hands of the GMs to easily track items between accounts.

However, that doesn't make the bug, or their response, any more pleasant.

A blanket policy saying "no" is a cheap copout, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by EP_Harlow
    "At times, death alone bears the memo regarding a change in strategy." -EP Harlow