Thumbs down Definition – in game support

You know I have played a lot of mmos out there… I stated with ultima online on the first day it was out where nothing worked. I played EQ and DAOC in the early days and I even hit up WOW for a while. Now in every one of them I had problems… seems no mmo is perfect and we players know that. But here is the deal. In every one of them I was able to get my issues resolved in the game. Some times it wasn’t right then but I still was able to get it done. So why is it that in this game NOTHING ever gets fixed in the game. If I have an issue which seems to be more often in this game than any other I have played its easier to start the dungeon over than it is to get a gm to fix something. Then if you do get a gm OFFTEN they tell you to restart the dungeon and that there is nothing they can do. Now what I cant figure out is why… why are we paying 14.95 a month for limited content and NO service. Im telling you guys… if you don’t fix this fast your going to end up with one server complaining about not enough people online for a full party.
    blayhill 14 cleric
    shayon 11 wiz
    thundar 4 barb
    litchking 13 fight
    litchlord 5 wiz
    litchsong 1 bard

Customer Service Representative Sparker's Avatar

There are things we can fix and there are things we can not fix. What was your issue? Please be more specific and I'll do my best to explain the situation.

Simply saying "You never fix anything" is not only incorrect, but it is quite vague as well.

Quote Originally Posted by scottishjason View Post
    You know I have played a lot of mmos out there… I stated with ultima online on the first day it was out where nothing worked. I played EQ and DAOC in the early days and I even hit up WOW for a while. Now in every one of them I had problems… seems no mmo is perfect and we players know that. But here is the deal. In every one of them I was able to get my issues resolved in the game. Some times it wasn’t right then but I still was able to get it done. So why is it that in this game NOTHING ever gets fixed in the game. If I have an issue which seems to be more often in this game than any other I have played its easier to start the dungeon over than it is to get a gm to fix something. Then if you do get a gm OFFTEN they tell you to restart the dungeon and that there is nothing they can do. Now what I cant figure out is why… why are we paying 14.95 a month for limited content and NO service. Im telling you guys… if you don’t fix this fast your going to end up with one server complaining about not enough people online for a full party.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sparker View Post
    There are things we can fix and there are things we can not fix. What was your issue? Please be more specific and I'll do my best to explain the situation.

Simply saying "You never fix anything" is not only incorrect, but it is quite vague as well.
    I would offer SC as a great example.

GMs can fix Stormcleave when a named monster doesn't spawn, the crates don't spawn, the NPCs are missing or one of the pillars does not activate properly.

Quote Originally Posted by pastor dex View Post
    I would offer SC as a great example.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sparker View Post
    GMs can fix Stormcleave when a named monster doesn't spawn, the crates don't spawn, the NPCs are missing or one of the pillars does not activate properly.
    There are a couple of issues with this.
    Why is it still broken? Ralph Nader should have pushed for a recall by now.
    Did you know it is sometimes faster to restart the quest than to wait for a fix?

Thumbs down

you know its funny that you bring up SC that was one that i reported then sat in the game for almost an hour before the "GM" told us we had to start the dungeon over. if you can fix it why dont all of the GMs know about it?
    blayhill 14 cleric
    shayon 11 wiz
    thundar 4 barb
    litchking 13 fight
    litchlord 5 wiz
    litchsong 1 bard

Again, what exactly was the issue?

If it was one of the issues I listed above then please PM me with your HART request # that you submitted ingame (you can find this on the Help menu for all your older tickets) and I will be sure that the GM handled the incident properly.

Quote Originally Posted by scottishjason View Post
    you know its funny that you bring up SC that was one that i reported then sat in the game for almost an hour before the "GM" told us we had to start the dungeon over. if you can fix it why dont all of the GMs know about it?

Community Member

The GM's I've worked with have been quite helpful and prompt in service. I've played EQ and other MMO games and I can confidently say I've recieved the best level of service and attention to CS issues within the realm of DDO.

There are instances where it takes a bit longer then a player might like to have issues resolved granted, but in those instances ask yourself if you've elaborated enough to fully inform the person who is trying to help you on the issue. Have you been as descriptive and succienct as you can be in the manner your asking for the service. Half the battle when seeking service in an online game is to properly describe what has occured and then be descript about how you desire the problem fixed.

At all times patience, understanding, and communication will ensure your issue is resolved in an agreeable manner. After my most recent episode im certain Sparker and the other senior GM's work very hard to make our gaming as enjoyable and as smooth as possible. These guys really do have the best interest of the game and the playerbase at the heart of their efforts, work with them and they will do their best to do right by you of that I am certain.