Results 4,601 to 4,618 of 4618
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BujoGamer View Post
    Caster (preferred) or range dps
    Ability to find secret doors and traps
    Some type of self healing
    Newbie friendly
    Solos efficiently but can work with a group as well
    Pure Artificer would fit the bill as either caster, ranged, or melee DPS.

So would wizard or Alchemist with rogue or Artificer splash such as this build (would work for regular gnome too).
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Pure Artificer would fit the bill as either caster, ranged, or melee DPS.

So would wizard or Alchemist with rogue or Artificer splash such as this build (would work for regular gnome too).
    Thank you!

Community Member

Default Cleric new player F2P concepts. CLR15/PAL4/FTR1 Fixes of old build with P2P

So far I have figured this out.

https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showth...build-with-P2P

Any input is appreciated?

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball241 View Post
    Migration from another thread.

Gimp gear atm. Want to survive in Reaper

Been thinking hard about this for the Human especially with Fey now. I bought it. The Pal4 and Saving Throws from CHR seem to help. SD helps at T4. KOTC seems like too much so I took some out. Might dump it because of Fury and Strikethrough. I can probably squeeze in some Fey and might LR and dump STR for CHR and higher Saving Throws. How important are Saving Throws in Reaper and how much is too much?

Seems to help a lot for survival. Problem with the FTR level on the Human CLR15/PAL4/FTR1 is I took the FTR at lvl1 and 1 feat is wasted now. I have a LR and a LR+5 and may use that to go PAL3 or PAL5 on the Human. Lvl1 Ftr was for Cleaves years ago, but that is a waste now with Cleaves in trees and linked to Cleave cooldowns. And they got rid of the Pre Req of the feats.

The Human is Strikethrough with a Falchion build. I am thinking the Exalted Smite is too many melee clickies for a Cleric 2HF. I like the Adrenaline with the BM for Bosses, but the Fury T5 Leveler and Smites seem like too many interruptions in Strikethrough. Most bosses have mobs after all.

With so much SLA healing now I like the Pally splash. The PDK CLR20 seems to never run out of SP, but I have not done Reaper 5 or higher. I probably can't on either of them. Maybe I should just farm gear and leave the builds alone? That wasted feat on the Human bugs me though. I took Shield extra feat at FTR1, but never use it and might switch it to Dodge. I like 2HF play style and just want to live in Reaper. Lol

Looking for 2HF Human Clr17/Pal3 or Clr15/Pal5. Maybe with splash of Fey. I guess Human CLR20 is an option too. Thinking end game. Epic just does not seem that tough anymore for just about any build with all the changes.
    Last edited by Fireball241; 03-31-2023 at 03:19 PM.

Community Member

Default first life human 32 pt barb

Hey, looking for advice on a first life 32 pt human barb build.

What skills should I pick also?

Community Member

Default Tabaxi Trailblazer Ranged Monk

I'm looking to get the monk/tabaxi trailblazer past lives. Problem is most of the builds I've seen are for melee. I prefer ranged toons. I don't have much gear suitable for monk so it's a first lifer in that respect but I do have the 36 point build.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Veritai View Post
    I'm looking to get the monk/tabaxi trailblazer past lives. Problem is most of the builds I've seen are for melee. I prefer ranged toons. I don't have much gear suitable for monk so it's a first lifer in that respect but I do have the 36 point build.
    The obvious option is a pure monk shuriken build. Heroic-leveling throwers tends to be painfully slow, but being Iconic means you only have to endure levels 15-20 before things get better with Ninja capstone and Shiradi buffs.

Second option would be a monkcher, even though Ten Thousand Stars no longer works with bows, hence why most modern monkchers merely splash monk. Nevertheless, I'm thinking something like monk 9 (Improved Evasion + 15% runspeed) / ranger 6 / rogue 5 with 41 Horizon Walker / 11 Deepwood Stalker (Sniper Shot) / 12 Arcane Archer (+4 Imbue dice) / 8 <Tempest or Vistani Knife Fighter> (Haste Boost) / 8 Assassin (+3 Imbue dice).

This thread is a year old but I'm not aware of a more recent, comprehensive comparison of ranged DPS builds.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Thank you. I'll look at those.

Community Member

Default Caster Wizard Build

I'm looking for a first life Wizard caster build (32 points, no tomes). PM would be cool, because I like pets, but isn't necessary. Personal preference is to lean into electricity spells. Is that going to be viable in this game, or did the devs all gravitate towards fire like happens in every game?

Quote Originally Posted by AllWrong74 View Post
    I'm looking for a first life Wizard caster build (32 points, no tomes). PM would be cool...
    Many players now advocate some sort of Gish build (melee wizard), but a caster Wiz hasn't changed much in many updates.

o https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6335285

Quote Originally Posted by AllWrong74 View Post
    Personal preference is to lean into electricity spells. Is that going to be viable in this game, or did the devs all gravitate towards fire like happens in every game?
    A Wizard doesn't tend to have an elemental "lean" except via gearing*. Their Enhancements (via Archmage) favor Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire, Force and Untyped equally (which takes out Sonic, unfortunately). Pale Masters go Negative spellpower.

"Fire" is favored slightly in the game, but more for end-game Sorcerers (and the Tiefling race). Also there is no Electric AoE equiv of Wall of Fire (or Bladebarrier), a staple while leveling for many caster builds/strategies. And fewer enemies are fire-resistant in end-game, so (again) "Fire" is where many end up (Sorcerers can respec from one element to another by changing their Enhancements and gearing, no change to the build itself).

( * For Spellpower boosting, single-element spellpower items have a higher SP boost than "universal" SP items. However, it's trivial to put multiple items on your hotbar and hot-swap as you quest, just before (or even during!) a fight. That's up to you (and doesn't need QuickDraw, which got nerfed a while back for this purpose).)

Community Member

Question TR Halfling Cleric?

Anyone got a link to a halfling cleric 32 pt build for a TR? P2P ok. I'm not sure what else I need to put here to get a build. Anything you need to know that I left out?

Quote Originally Posted by romeo1994 View Post
    Anything you need to know that I left out?
    With many classes, stating what playstyle(s) are preferred or acceptable - here, are you looking for a caster or melee? (Or ranged?)

Beyond that, it can be good to include anything that is not "automatically" granted - so, for this, any Universal Enhancement Trees you have access to. Usually this also includes Races/Classes, but you covered that w/ your specific request.

Speaking of which, just curious - since it's a TR, why constrain the build to Halfling? Some static group thing?

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    With many classes, stating what playstyle(s) are preferred or acceptable - here, are you looking for a caster or melee? (Or ranged?)
    Well with cleric I imagine I'd play mostly caster with a touch of melee mixed in.

Beyond that, it can be good to include anything that is not "automatically" granted - so, for this, any Universal Enhancement Trees you have access to. Usually this also includes Races/Classes, but you covered that w/ your specific request.

Speaking of which, just curious - since it's a TR, why constrain the build to Halfling? Some static group thing?
    I'm a returning player and not familiar with Universal Enhancement. I just love playing halflings. I guess gnome would work too! They're so darn cute
    ~Davinna~Davinnah~Davinnity~Davnys~Davenchy~Dominn ae~

~Inferus Sus~Thelanis~

Quote Originally Posted by Davinna View Post
    I'm a returning player...
    Welcome back!

(You don't have any pre-existing characters to run up? Not worth the trouble??? Older characters will have some BtC Hearts, so most(!) older builds can be salvaged, one way or another, at least enough to get them to 20 and keep any BtC items. )

Well with cleric I imagine I'd play mostly caster with a touch of melee mixed in.
    Can do. Won't be much in the way of melee, but there will be a sword when you want it.

I just love playing halflings. I guess gnome would work too! They're so darn cute
    Halflings do not make the "best" clerics (Str penalty, no Wis bonus, no Racial Enhancement synergy), but "fun" is far more important than min-maxing - so here ya go!

Since you're only going to 20, I multiclassed a bit for what should be faster leveling (and a bit more fun). If you don't want those, just ignore them and spend the AP in Warpriest for more defense or Radiant Servant for better healing* (and drop the last Shield feat).

For enhancements, the below are your end-Heroic goals, but you'll want to take some lower-tier picks early and the respec once they are surpassed by others. For instance, a maximized Nimbus of Light (DD tier 1) is fine for lowbie targets - but there are better places to spend those APs later.

(Comments/suggestions/criticisms always welcome!)

Cleric Halfling TR
    18/1/1 Cleric/Barbarian/Wizard
    True Neutral Halfling

Level Order

1. Cleric . . . . .6. Cleric . . . . 11. Cleric . . . . 16. Cleric
    2. Cleric . . . . .7. Wizard. . . . .12. Cleric. . . . .17. Cleric
    3. Cleric . . . . .8. Cleric . . . . 13. Cleric . . . . 18. Cleric
    4. Barbarian . . . 9. Cleric. . . . .14. Cleric. . . . .19. Cleric
    5. Cleric . . . . 10. Cleric . . . . 15. Cleric . . . . 20. Cleric

Stats
    . . . . . . . .32pt . . Level Up
    . . . . . . . .---- . . --------
    Strength. . . . 12. . . .4: WIS
    Dexterity . . . 10. . . .8: WIS
    Constitution. . 14. . . 12: WIS
    Intelligence. . 12. . . 16: WIS
    Wisdom. . . . . 18. . . 20: WIS
    Charisma. . . . .8. . .

Skills
    . . . . . C. C. C. B .C .C .W. C. C. C. C. C. C. C. C. C. C. C. C. C
    . . . . . 1. 2. 3. 4 .5 .6 .7. 8. 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    . . . . .------------------------------------------------------------
    Concent . 4. 1. 1. . .1 .1 .2. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 23
    Spellcr . 4. 1. 1. . .2 .1 .1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 23
    Heal. . . 4. 1. 1. . . . 1. . .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .20
    Jump. . . . . . . .5. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .5
    . . . . .------------------------------------------------------------
    . . . . .12. 3. 3. 5 .3 .3 .3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3. 3

Feats

.1. . . . : Maximize Spell
    .3. . . . : Quicken Spell
    .6. . . . : Empower Spell
    .7 Wizard : Spell Focus: Evocation
    .9. . . . : Greater Spell Focus: Evocation
    12. . . . : Shield Mastery
    15. . . . : Improved Shield Mastery
    18. . . . : Greater Shield Mastery

.2 Cleric : Sun Domain

.1 Deity. : Follower of: Sovereign Host
    .8 Deity. : Unyielding Sovereignty

Enhancements (80 AP)

Divine Disciple (57 AP)
    • Emissary: Light, Sacred Defense, Sun Bolt, Sunbeam, Sunburst
      1. Nimbus of Light III, Divine Smiting III, Energy of the Disciple III
      2. Efficient Maximize III, Light & Dark III, Divine Smiting III
      3. Searing Light III, Spellpower: Light III, Efficient Quicken III, Spell Critical: Light, Wisdom
      4. Holy Smite III, Evocation DC, Spell Critical: Light, Wisdom
      5. Evocation DC, Divine Empowerment

Archmage (4 AP)
    • Invisibility
      1. Subtle Spellcasting III

Warpriest (9 AP)
    • Smite Foe: Melee
      1. Toughness III, Righteous Weapons
      2. Wall of Steel III

Eldritch Knight (Wizard) (7 AP)
    • Eldritch Strike
      1. Improved Mage Armor III, Battlemage III

Halfling (1 AP)
    • Halfling Luck

Note: Wizard spells will be utility only; you will not have the Int to help them land, and they will suffer ASF so will not be heavy armor-friendly. Things like Jump (+10), Expeditious Retreat, lowbie Detect Secret Doors - these are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Welcome back!
    Thanks!

Thanks for the quick work! I really appreciate it!
    ~Davinna~Davinnah~Davinnity~Davnys~Davenchy~Dominn ae~

~Inferus Sus~Thelanis~

Default Bidding farewell

I just wanted to bid farewell to my ancient thread, which lived long beyond my own attentions in the hands of many fine DDO builders!

I've always been tickled that it has caried on as one of the longest running treads on the board right up until its impending demise. A big shout out to all the builders and requesters that kept it going all this time.

See you all on the new forum!
    Former Host of DDOcast
    Member of The Madborn of Thelanis
    Streaming sometimes on twitch as SigTrent

Community Member

Default Green Knight or Fey Knight

Hello. I am familiar with D&D as a whole, but not DDO specifically. I am a bit overwhelmed with all the options available and how they work or would work together, and searching google I have not found what I want, or at least not close enough to the theme.

I am looking to make a build that is based upon or themed around the Green Knight. I would like for it to use a greataxe, or at least THF, and be mostly melee for damage, but have access to nature themed magic.

I was thinking that the newer blight caster would be a good fit, however it seems to be mostly focused on casting, and I am not familiar enough with DDO to make a hybrid work for me in higher difficulties solo.

The build does not need to be top tier effective, but also not severely hampered by itself. I will mostly be playing solo.

Note: First Life, 32 point build.

Weapon: Uses THF, greataxe.

Spells: Mainly used as utility, buffs and de-buffs, and defensive options. Keeping with the theme, spells like misty step, shield, color spray, weapon imbues, bless, resist energy and illusions are what I am looking for. Healing self / allies is a bonus. Knock and Detect Doors would also be great.

Would a Fighter / Druid (blight caster) build work for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Garan_the_Red87 View Post
    I would like for it to use a greataxe, or at least THF, and be mostly melee for damage, but have access to nature themed magic.
    If you're more interested in role-playing flavor than minmaxed DPS, I'd probably do a barbarian / druid. The usual approach is to combine Dire Bear form with Frenzied Berserker (aka a barBEARian), but nothing prevents you from fighting as a humanoid instead. And the Blightcaster archetype gives the option of using Thorn Knight or Hive Master form, which grants access to weapon Imbues.
    Spells: Mainly used as utility, buffs and de-buffs, and defensive options. Keeping with the theme, spells like misty step, shield, color spray, weapon imbues, bless, resist energy and illusions are what I am looking for. Healing self / allies is a bonus. Knock and Detect Doors would also be great.
    Several spells you list are arcane, not druidic so they don't quite gel with your "nature themed magic." Bards get a mix of arcane and divine spells, but they're also missing spells like Bless and Resist Energy, so it's not a perfect match either. Misty Step is only available from the Horizon Walker tree, although technically it's not a teleport but a "leap forward several feet" special ability. There are similar abilities available based on class (e.g., monk's Abundant Step), Enhancement (Acrobat's Lunge), or Epic Destiny (Leap of Faith from Divine Crusader).

Default Looking for a modern great crossbow build

Looking for a modern great crossbow build

any suggestions

Page 231 of 231 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231