Page 229 of 231 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231 LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,580 of 4618

Question Gnome Thief/Illusionist Request

Hello,
    I'm back to DDO after 11 years (former beta player.) I returned with a burning desire to remake my pen-and-paper 3e gnome Thief/Illusionist. (Pickpocketing is easier when your mark is distracted!)

Since it's been so long since I last played, I'm at a loss on how to approach this. I'd appreciate any advice on a "explain like I'm 5" level!

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osco View Post
    I returned with a burning desire to remake my pen-and-paper 3e gnome Thief/Illusionist.
    The most effective option is rogue 2 / wizard 18. This build hasn't been updated since last summer - so it doesn't reflect the latest changes like the level cap is now 32 and Epic Destinies were revised since then - but it gives you a good idea of what to expect from this sort of build.

IF you wanted a melee build instead, this week's update made some changes to Eldritch Knight. See Strimtom's EK thread for one example.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

3. 11-12-2022, 02:34 PM

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    The most effective option is rogue 2 / wizard 18. This build hasn't been updated since last summer - so it doesn't reflect the latest changes like the level cap is now 32 and Epic Destinies were revised since then - but it gives you a good idea of what to expect from this sort of build.

IF you wanted a melee build instead, this week's update made some changes to Eldritch Knight. See Strimtom's EK thread for one example.
    Thanks!

Community Member

I'm looking for some help on a build for a melee winter wolf Human druid with some healing and buffing to run this hardcore league and I do have 32 build point and the Falconry and harper agent enhancement trees if that helps at all.

this will most likely be my last build request here

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nimnor View Post
    I'm looking for some help on a build for a melee winter wolf Human druid with some healing and buffing to run this hardcore league and I do have 32 build point and the Falconry and harper agent enhancement trees if that helps at all.
    Strimtom has a druid 18 / barb 2 build from last season which should still work fine. It's a half-orc bear druid but swapping to human wolf is simple enough. Although with the Falconry tree, you have the option of going WIS-based instead; that would actually make your build less MAD since WIS would drive both melee DPS and caster DCs, so you only need enough STR or DEX to take Power Attack or Precision and the rest can go to CON. AP split would be something like 38 Nature's Warrior / 27 Falconry / 8 Berserker (Blood Tribute) / 6 Nature's Protector (defensive stance) / 1 human (Damage Boost).
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

So, I want to earn my Dark Apostate PLs while not entirely making myself scarce in Epics.

Either a caster or ranged build, no melee for me when I can avoid it.

I have enough racial APs to make going Arcane Archer on an elven race a thing, if that might open a few more options.

Hopefully I'd like to have both options available (so a ranged AND a spellcasting skeleton I could build upon), mostly because going 3 lives in a row doing the same thing lacks a certain amount of style points.

Any race/multiclass/other combos anyone could help me find and find pros/cons about?
    Enthusiasm enthusiast enthusiast.

There was a strong DA Inquis build suggested, abuse the imbues - do you have Inquis tree?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    There was a strong DA Inquis build suggested, abuse the imbues - do you have Inquis tree?
    Totally do. It's one of the builds I'm most familiar with too, with a ton of gear for a usual Ranger Inqui in tow.
    It's the DA specifics I'm missing out on.

I could build a Druid Inqui and still make it work, it just wouldn't feel like a Druid very much.
    Enthusiasm enthusiast enthusiast.

10. 12-07-2022, 10:18 PM

Community Member

Cool Confuse + Mass Confuse Warlock ? :)

This is awesome.

Well I have an old (Strimtom's Melee Warlock) level 23 Aasimar, SWF Melee Warlock that I'd like to respec into a Celestial + Confuse + Mass Confuse Warlock (flexible on the rest of the spells etc). I solo and only do hard dungeons but sometimes Elite. I don't have any past lives. Veteran Status 32 pts.

I thought about trying to take this build and modifying the Enhancements but I'm pretty new lol

"Warlock for levelling" (down in the middle of the post)
    https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showth...73#post6321673

Thanks!!

edit, here's an image to what I'm thinking! should I drop knife fighting or is that ok? feedback please

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f5q...hgtnIj0ci/view
    Last edited by TacRedline; 01-02-2023 at 06:11 PM.

Community Member

Default 2HF EK Wizard

Hello,

Returning player but still newish to the game (basically just less than 3 months played). I'm looking to playing my 3rd wizard, preferably deep gnome iconic, but would like to play as EK melee wizard this time and just hit monsters with a 2handed weapon. I do have carniflex, sos and epic blackrazor (the very reason I want to play 2h skull smashing deep gnome wizard heh.

36point build, +8 superior tome, vip, 5th life, just purchased feywild, along with ravenloft, sharn, and underdark expansions. No dread and saltmarsh yet, but lots of content to go through. Would really appreciate a build with the above preference. If not, a general build would also work. Just wanted to finish a racial and epic life.

Thanks!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gvcddo View Post
    Hello,

Returning player but still newish to the game (basically just less than 3 months played). I'm looking to playing my 3rd wizard, preferably deep gnome iconic, but would like to play as EK melee wizard this time and just hit monsters with a 2handed weapon. I do have carniflex, sos and epic blackrazor (the very reason I want to play 2h skull smashing deep gnome wizard heh.

36point build, +8 superior tome, vip, 5th life, just purchased feywild, along with ravenloft, sharn, and underdark expansions. No dread and saltmarsh yet, but lots of content to go through. Would really appreciate a build with the above preference. If not, a general build would also work. Just wanted to finish a racial and epic life.

Thanks!
    Mitheriana, Transformed to Grace << that's my default EK melee build. Gear is a bit outdated. EDs are outdated, but the core is solid.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Mitheriana, Transformed to Grace << that's my default EK melee build. Gear is a bit outdated. EDs are outdated, but the core is solid.
    Thank you. Although I may not have most of the items in the build, I will play and dedicate my final bladeforged life in her loving memory.

Default 2Hander dps ES Warlock

I just got back from a multi-year haitus from DDO. Last thing I remember, it was either update 32 or 33 and I got burned out on raids. I don't have VIP, and I haven't bought any of the newer packs or expansions yet. So, I've gotten myself to lvl 16 doing elite and Reaper 1 runs as a ranged blasting warlock, but I die alot. I want something more durable and with higher HP. I think switching to something with better armor and HP. Most of my past lives have been melee classes (8 lives so far). I saw the Voodu thread, and a tank isn't what I need, if I'm just leveling. Gotta hit fast and hard if your lfm only attracts one other person, maybe two if you're lucky. Can anyone suggest a build that fits with what I want? I just want to hit things with a greatsword, as a (mostly) warlock.

Thank you for your consideration,

Miisa of Orien server.
    Last edited by HatsuharuZ; 01-05-2023 at 04:05 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HatsuharuZ View Post
    I just got back from a multi-year haitus from DDO. Last thing I remember, it was either update 32 or 33 and I got burned out on raids. I don't have VIP, and I haven't bought any of the newer packs or expansions yet. So, I've gotten myself to lvl 16 doing elite and Reaper 1 runs as a ranged blasting warlock, but I die alot. I want something more durable and with higher HP. I think switching to something with better armor and HP. Most of my past lives have been melee classes (8 lives so far). I saw the Voodu thread, and a tank isn't what I need, if I'm just leveling. Gotta hit fast and hard if your lfm only attracts one other person, maybe two if you're lucky. Can anyone suggest a build that fits with what I want? I just want to hit things with a greatsword, as a (mostly) warlock.

Thank you for your consideration,

Miisa of Orien server.
    20 human warlock

By level 12 you have 5 feats, 6 with human.

Max/Empower/Dodge, Mobility Spring Attack, WWA

13 Dex by the time you need dodge, eventually 17 str for THF

ES/TS Warlock, with 7 AP in FI for charisma to hit and damage, and some racial ap in HAMP

15-30 get 6 more feats: THFx3, IC:S, Quicken, Extra Warlock die.

Get some ED feats: more warlock die, THF#4, Scion of Earth

Get an ED with imbue die as primary: PA with nice acid/poison epic strike and mantle, and summon to take initial aggro and get beat up for you.
    Get an ED with some CC/Melee power/spell power: Fatesinger
    Get an ED for some HP and healing: US

Get master's touch, wield a great sword. Rotation is burst + blast + wwa + epic strike + some sort of cc + some sort of healing, repeat

Nice well rounded warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    20 human warlock

By level 12 you have 5 feats, 6 with human.

Max/Empower/Dodge, Mobility Spring Attack, WWA

13 Dex by the time you need dodge, eventually 17 str for THF

ES/TS Warlock, with 7 AP in FI for charisma to hit and damage, and some racial ap in HAMP

15-30 get 6 more feats: THFx3, IC:S, Quicken, Extra Warlock die.

Get some ED feats: more warlock die, THF#4, Scion of Earth

Get an ED with imbue die as primary: PA with nice acid/poison epic strike and mantle, and summon to take initial aggro and get beat up for you.
    Get an ED with some CC/Melee power/spell power: Fatesinger
    Get an ED for some HP and healing: US

Get master's touch, wield a great sword. Rotation is burst + blast + wwa + epic strike + some sort of cc + some sort of healing, repeat

Nice well rounded warlock.
    Wow. Thank you very much! I was expecting just a link to a build someone already made, but this is much better. Thanks!

Community Member

Let's see if this can be done or if I'm pushing the limits a bit too far... Tempest focused, hopefully reaching last Core, 28 pointer, first life, f2p

I'd like feats, enhancements and all the magic if possible, if it's been done before please link it to me, thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Argonoobsen View Post
    Tempest focused, hopefully reaching last Core, 28 pointer, first life, f2p... feats, enhancements and all the magic...
    o Tempests for all new Reaper https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...t-ranger-build
    & counter suggestion https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6145754

Ranger 18 w/ trapping & Khopeshes:
    o classic Tempest Trapmonkey U29 update https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-new-players?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    o Tempests for all new Reaper https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...t-ranger-build
    & counter suggestion https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6145754

Ranger 18 w/ trapping & Khopeshes:
    o classic Tempest Trapmonkey U29 update https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-new-players?

The first two look very nice but I cannot play 36 or scourge aasimar, much less know how to get to those, and the trapmonkey looks fine but don't rangers need wisdom for self heals?

I could use some clarifications, it's gonna be clearer once I sleep too- regardless

They look nice and the people don't correct a lot, they're debating over how bad maces are and how good khopesh and scimitars are, but hey, no clue over here so whoever is right i'm with them

If there's nothing that can be er... done first life I'll save those for later, thanks a lot!

I'll ask for a something to get to 36 or scourge aasimar for these tempest builds so I'll ask for something different, big damage, big survivability, and well, still, 28 f2p you know the drill, assume I just downloaded the game and started playing whatever your find
    Last edited by Argonoobsen; 01-28-2023 at 12:01 AM.

The first two look very nice but I cannot play 36 or scourge aasimar, much less know how to get to those, and the trapmonkey looks fine but don't rangers need wisdom for self heals?

I could use some clarifications, it's gonna be clearer once I sleep too- regardless

They look nice and the people don't correct a lot, they're debating over how bad maces are and how good khopesh and scimitars are, but hey, no clue over here so whoever is right i'm with them

If there's nothing that can be grrrr done first life I'll save those for later, thanks a lot!

I'll ask for a something to get to 36 or scourge aasimar for these tempest builds so I'll ask for something different, big damage, big survivability, and well, still, 28 f2p you know the drill, assume I just downloaded the game and started playing whatever your find
    This thread should answer your questions:
    https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showth...of-old-and-new

Note that the upcoming dark rangers will get 5d6 sneak attack die.

the trapmonkey looks fine but don't rangers need wisdom for self heals?
    First, "forum approved" builds do not make oversights like that. Trust approved builds. But here's what's going on...

DDO is not D&D (at least not same rule set).

Spells do require Stat = {10+(Spell Level)}, yes. But in DDO, any way you can get to that value works. Guildship Buffs will add +2, so you'll be at 10. Then, either Owl's Wisdom spells/potions add +4 (for 5 minutes), or gear adds "permanently" (while equipped) (not that these don't stack with each other, as they are the same type of boost). Then there are Tomes (but that's usually later), and some other possible bumps.

Bottom line, easy to get the job done despite starting at stat = 8.

Also, Rangers don't get CLW until Ranger Level 8 (Character Level 10 w that Trapmonkey build), so you have some time to find a good Wisdom item.

If that seems like a hassle, drop 1 pt of Strength (from 16 to 15) and add those 2 build points to Wisdom. That will get you thru Character Level 12, as you won't need Wis 13 until CL 13.

Otoh, you can dump trapping, take minimum Int, and use those points (but trapping is pretty handy).

(Also, don't miss the Elf and Dwarf version here - no "best" of the 3 versions, so just go with what looks fun to you. (Drow version requires a premium Enhancement tree, not that one.))

...they're debating over how bad maces are and how good khopesh and scimitars are, but hey, no clue over here so whoever is right i'm with them
    "They" tend to be leet players who are trying to squeeze the last 1% out of DPS optimization. Both work fine. Khopeshes and scimi's (and Dwaxes) may be easier to find than good maces. <shrug> That's where it's easy to swap a couple feats (Improved Critical:Bludgeon vs. IC:Slash) and make it the build you prefer.

(I like the Elven Dex/Displacement build best, but for a 1st-life you might find one of the Strength builds easier, since Encumbrance can be a problem for a new player. ymmv.)

Page 229 of 231 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231 LastLast