Page 216 of 231 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,320 of 4618
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    Hey! Are you looking for R4-6 for leveling (1-20, 1-30, or what?), or like R1 to endgame then R4-6 there, or?

Mikkarddo's build seems pretty fine, or I'd look over Strimtom's Fire Sorc guide (and the thread following it, there's some interesting discussion)

Sorc hasn't changed much recently, and you have a tank and a healer in a static; almost any build will be able to function with that setup lol. I'd recommend Tiefling for the Fire bypass if that's an option (especially if you have racial AP) but it's hard to go wrong with most choices.

Is there something specific you're after?
    My group slash little mini guild tends to leap into Reaper as quickly as we can. so the leveling while playing reaper starts pretty fast. Thank you for the suggestions! As far as specifics go I was mostly looking for a starting point. We only really delved into Reaper 4+ on this most recent past life and it is definitely a different ball-game from R1-3. The build I'd been running as one of the divines petered out hard into 4, but I was experienced enough with the classes to have been able to pivot into something relevant. Sorcerer is definitely not in my comfort zone so while I can use the general principles learned in that past life I don't have the background knowledge with Sorc to know what works and doesn't work in practice instead of on paper.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaoshin View Post
    My group slash little mini guild tends to leap into Reaper as quickly as we can. so the leveling while playing reaper starts pretty fast. Thank you for the suggestions! As far as specifics go I was mostly looking for a starting point. We only really delved into Reaper 4+ on this most recent past life and it is definitely a different ball-game from R1-3. The build I'd been running as one of the divines petered out hard into 4, but I was experienced enough with the classes to have been able to pivot into something relevant. Sorcerer is definitely not in my comfort zone so while I can use the general principles learned in that past life I don't have the background knowledge with Sorc to know what works and doesn't work in practice instead of on paper.
    Well, in U41 there was the Arcane Spell Pass where a bunch of arcane spells got enormous damage buffs. Since then divine blast-casting fell off really hard (as they basically didn't get any damage) and Sorc nukers in particular got a huge boost. Wizards got better too, but Sorcs have shorter CD's and more SP so they benefit more from better base spells (although Sorc enhancements are hot garbage compared to Wizard ones). Also EK got a pass fairly recently so it's a great supporting tree.

Basically go down this list, use the relevant spells from this link

Sorc's main weaknesses are 1) they're squishy and 2) no innate self-healing. Since you run with a dedicated healer and tank those are much lower concern, although you can mitigate it somewhat by doing stuff like playing a Warforged (for self-repair, at the cost of a Cha penalty) or Halfling (for healing dragonmark) or with a Wis tome Aasimar (for Healing Hands). Or of course UMD scrolls/wands etc, but in R4 self-heals are -72% so that's really slow. Spending some points into EK also helps a bit especially earlygame (10 PRR/MRR, Shield SLA, Arcane Barrier, and some HP).

It's also harder to get effective DC's or spellpen as a Sorc (Wizzy gets a ton of bonuses and bonus feats = even more). You don't care much about spellpen (it only matters for instakills & non-physical CC) but DC's are pretty important for landing damage. A lot of your damage spells will be Reflex half, which means 0 damage against Evasion mobs unless you can pump your DC's high enough. Sharn stuff like archers in particular are pretty hard to get DC's for. That said, you have some great options like Necrotic Ray (boatload of damage, Fort-half, but doesn't work on everything) Disintegrate (great damage, works on everything, but more expensive and Fort save vs most of the damage) or Polar Ray (no save no SR just eat it). At level 18+ you get Meteor Swarm, which has no save for the bludgeoning part and Acid Well, which is a Fort save AOE so you get at least half effectiveness

Mostly I'd be looking for high-damage AoE stuff, some single-target damage for priority targets and bosses, and some CC stuff (Otto's Irresistible Dance is amazing for Reapers/Champs/whatever). Pump your DC's and Spellpower (Ravenloft belts are BiS). Web & Disco ball are both great, but their durations are reduced in Reaper so they start to fall off as you push skulls.

Your first few levels will be trash. That's ok! Once you get Scorch etc you'll be in a much better spot, but really it picks up level 6 when you get the fun stuff like Fireball. If you're not Tiefling probably better to go Acid Ball (less resistant/immune enemies) but some of that will depend on which Savant tree you want to go into (mostly between Fire which is best DPS generally - especially later on b/c Meteor Swarm, and Air which has Wings at 12+ but has Lightning Bolt which sucks even though Chain Lightning is the boss).
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Do you have access to Harper Agent tree? If not, it'll be a lot weaker. If you do, you should be great
    I have Harper Agent, Vistani (obviously), and Feydark Illusionist. What do I take in the Harper tree to go with Pale Master?

Thanks again for your input.
    "Life is pain, Your Highness...anyone who says differently is selling something."

Quote Originally Posted by MrGharus View Post
    I have Harper Agent, Vistani (obviously), and Feydark Illusionist. What do I take in the Harper tree to go with Pale Master?

Thanks again for your input.
    You need Strategic Combat I and II for Int-to-Hit and Int-to-Damage respectively. This allows you to max out your Int and use it as one stat to rule them all (well, and Con for HP) - it's your trapping stat, your skills stat, your spell point stat, your melee stat, etc. Also in Harper you can get Know the Angles, which is a really solid DPS & Tactics boost once you start getting more Int (it's a little expensive early). To fill out points in Harper I'd grab +1 Int, and then probably Harper Enchantment or +HP.

You could run as default Str-based, but you'd still need Int for skills/skill points (to trap) and you'd still really want Dex 13 for Precision so your ability scores get spread out a lot more than I'd like. With tomes you have more options (like TWF becomes an option) but without tomes you want to focus one stat as much as possible. I wouldn't recommend this vs going Harper, unless you have a solid plan.

Feydark could also be a great addition for like Greater Color Spray, but you just won't have the AP for that for a while lol. 12 AP into Human, 12 AP into Harper, 6 AP into PM, and that's not even into VKF yet I mean if you have a fat stack of racial PL's sure, but I'd expect you to have tomes were that to be the case. It seems hard to justify 11 AP into Feydark vs more VKF or grabbing some Eldritch Knight goodies.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.

Community Member

Default Razorclaw Iconic Shifter

Hello, a little about my character. Class and Racial completionist. +8 tomes. All classes, enhancement trees are available. While not ideal i can live with alignment and class changes through whatever lesser TR'ing i need to do.

I'd like to see a build that can play low reaper and isn't useless if i join a higher level reaper group. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcinator View Post
    Hello, a little about my character. Class and Racial completionist. +8 tomes. All classes, enhancement trees are available. While not ideal i can live with alignment and class changes through whatever lesser TR'ing i need to do.

I'd like to see a build that can play low reaper and isn't useless if i join a higher level reaper group. Thanks
    Is there something I'm missing? You have like 60 PL's, and at least a bunch of them required various classes to be run; were you not in low Reaper for most of that? Just trying to understand so I can help more lol.

Barbarian 20 works great for solo low Reaper and is fine in a high Reaper group lol, and that doesn't require anything fancy. What are you looking for then, if not that?

Is this your endgame build? Do you want to sit for raids, or run R8's at cap, or are you just looking for a quick IPL, or what?

Generally speaking ignore the racial stuff as far as building TWF handwraps - which is flaming hot garbage for a Barbarian (and most of the shiny stuff from Razorclaw uncenters you so Monk isn't great either).

Go THF, use Magic Fang for 2-7 free damage (it works with your weapons too), get cores for more Rage & Str, and get +Con while raging (applies to your Barbarian rage even if you can't stack it). Swap that for Howl if you raid or run high skulls (+12 to-hit and -12 AC to enemies is ~4% party DPS buff), otherwise grab Pounce for a gap-closer and get Destructive Shifting. Ignore the handwraps stuff, active attacks, and TWF stuff. Per Steelstar (at this link) Destructive Shifting should still grant Improved Destruction and on-Vorpal knockdown for non-Handwraps, so it's some pretty nice free CC especially in FotW (with 19-20 Vorpals) and when THF using Strikethrough; might be bugged and not working though, but I haven't heard anyone try since Lama.

That should eat up ~14 racial AP which should be about what you have (depending on racial AP tomes) at which point you can follow standard Barbarian methodology (Ravager T5 for soloing, Frenzied Berserker T5 for DPS/partying, Occult Slayer T5 for tankiness/survivability). Kinda nothing to it lol.
    Last edited by SpartanKiller13; 02-04-2021 at 12:08 PM.
    -Khysiria of Cannith

Community Member

I will stay at cap unless it really isn't fun. I could build a barb but i wanted to see what you could come up with that might be better. I was essentially giving you a blank check per say. I rarely solo, grouping and raiding would be my main interests. I haven't played a lot in the last couple years and anything i have done i've rushed through as fast as possible. I've forgot more ddo than most people know lol. Thanks

I will stay at cap unless it really isn't fun. I could build a barb but i wanted to see what you could come up with that might be better. I was essentially giving you a blank check per say. I rarely solo, grouping and raiding would be my main interests. I haven't played a lot in the last couple years and anything i have done i've rushed through as fast as possible. I've forgot more ddo than most people know lol. Thanks
    This is sorta like going to a dealership and writing a blank check and being surprised when you get a minivan. Good utility, meets your nebulous requirements, and easy for the dealer lol.

Here's your wacky variant for the day:

12/4/1 Barbarian/Bard/Artificer - call yourself Wolverine

Enhancements:
    • 35 AP Frenzied Berserker (Core 4, Extra Rage, Cracking Attack, Blood Tribute, Focused Wide, Focused Wrath, Accelerated Metabolism
    • 26 AP Spellsinger (Lingering Songs, Studies, Sharp Note, Spellsong Trance, Sustaining Song, Frolic, Song of Arcane Might)
    • 11 AP Occult Slayer or Ravager (Core 3)
    • 4 AP Falconry (Core 1, Out In Nature)
    • 2 AP Renegade Mastermaker (Core 1, Easily Fixed)

Healamp:
    • 50 FB
    • 20 OS/Ravager
    • 15 Falconry
    • 10 RMM
    • 20 Font of Life
    • 20 Scion of Feywild
    • 30 Paladin x3
    • 20 Bath House
    • 20 Exalted Angel T3 Purity of Essence
    • 20 Fatesinger T3 Third Harmonic Chord
    • ~180 gear (Winter III, Chrism/PotF armor, Mysterious Cloak, Ironclad Armbands)

~405 Healamp (you could get 20 more via US and 10 more via Primal Hymn, but not worth the MP loss compared to Fatesinger.

Given Silverthread you'll probably be in 7-800 Positive Spellpower range. Given Fatesinger you'll probably have 200ish MP (assuming you haven't farmed a bunch of Mythic/Reaper boost stuff)

Make sure you twist Fast Healing from FotW, run Fast Healing EPL stance, and you're good to go Plenty of MP, lots of Devotion, and hilariously stacked Healamp = tons of free sustain! And your whole raid group will enjoy fat heals and some nice buffs from your Bard songs.

And you still have FB T5 with a Falchion so your DPS isn't bad, and you get Greater Rage & Improved Uncanny Dodge both for nice goodies. Last 3 levels can go wherever you want.

Go THF for obvious reasons, and boom!

-------

I'd be happy to detail it more if you seem vaguely interested, but guess what I already spent over an hour on this and I'm 95% confident you're just going to ignore it. This is why I gave you a quick cookie-cutter build and asked for details.
    Last edited by SpartanKiller13; 02-05-2021 at 04:33 PM.
    -Khysiria of Cannith

Community Member

Default Requesting a build: Human Monk

I'm trying to figure out a good monk build for farming martial ERs. I'm looking for a two handed build rather than ranged, and human, but otherwise don't really have any specifications/requirements. I'll have +2 or better tomes in each attribute by the time I run this, with 3 dwarf past lives and 6 or so epic past lives. I didn't see one that stuck out as a good THF monk when I as glancing through the builds, but if I missed one let me know.

Community Member

Hello!

I have a morning lord+cleric life I need to get done. I was thinking going inquisitive, splashing artificer for rune arm (possibly go more than 2 arti, and maybe an additional rogue/fighter/ranger splash. as long as I get a cleric PL it's all good).
    Conflicted between wisdom (falconry, helpless damage, sprint boost!) and intelligence (trapping) and I can't decide.

I have access to:
    all universal trees except feydark
    all classes.
    +5 tomes all around, toon is a heroic completionist with multiple epic and iconic past lives.
    +1 universal tree AP, +5 racial AP.
    42 reaper AP (I'd like to run r1 at minimum)

Goal is a quick iconic life. If I enjoy it I'll run another ER, otherwise 15-30 and that's it.

As you can see, I'm a pretty experienced player. Just can't figure out what to do with morning lord...

Thank you very much in advance!

Community Member

Talking Razorclaw Iconic Shifter

Hmm i like it, i've played a tank for the last few years. 12/4/4 pally/ftr/arti and DC for soloing and low reaper swapping to US for raid or tanking specific quests. I really liked the versatility with being able to trap, and off heal with DC or by twisting sacred ground/consecration in US. I believe this will be a DPS variant (DPS compared to my tank anyway) of a self healing trapper that adds to the group and i'm sure we can get some CC in there too. Not sure how high the DC will be though as i haven't played a STR build in many years.

This will have have nice versatility. Also there's always someone using sacred ground as long as i'm paying attention to where it is. Would 4 arti be worth it or 6 bard and 2 arti maybe? Any thoughts on rogue instead of arti for evasion or is evasion not worth it anymore? Now you got me thinking too lol. I haven't played anything like this before but i believe i could adapt nicely to it. Would this work with bastard swords and a runearm? I would LTR so i can get the Arti live at lv 1 for the extra points towards trapping.

I do have (or will tomorrow) the 14 racial plus the +1 Universal tome for universal enhancement trees. I have 28 fate points and 38 reaper points.

I have a fair amount of Feywild gear so that'd be my main source of gear currently. I have some ravenloft and sharn gear as well but i missed time when those where at the height of hardcore farming. I will be doing all three lives so i will have 2 lives to play around with some variables. I should be able to get TR'd into this tomorrow. If you'd like to expand more i will follow up with how it works. I also know time is precious so the core of the build you put down will get me started. If it's fun please detail it out but stop before it becomes work. I totally get the fun in building but i'm too OCD and then i get frustrated and just end up winging it. I play NBA2k games sometimes as well and i have way more fun managing the team i like than i ever do actually playing the basketball portion of it.

PS might TR tonight depending on how fast i finish leveling vs how much drinkin i get done lol. Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by Sorcinator; 02-05-2021 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldebrande View Post
    I'm trying to figure out a good monk build for farming martial ERs. I'm looking for a two handed build rather than ranged, and human, but otherwise don't really have any specifications/requirements. I'll have +2 or better tomes in each attribute by the time I run this, with 3 dwarf past lives and 6 or so epic past lives. I didn't see one that stuck out as a good THF monk when I as glancing through the builds, but if I missed one let me know.
    THF Monk = staff build. Unbongwah has one as a Henshin w/Falconry, see if that's what you're after? (Link)

You can multiclass, but that's mostly for heroics as the Henshin capstone is pretty tasty. Farming martial EPL's is mostly going to be dailies etc so it's more about movespeed and trash-clearing than anything else. Falconry sprints + Abundant Step = win.

Stat-wise just make sure you start with 17-tomes in Str (so with +2 tome start 15) for THF requirements, 13-tomes in Dex (for Precision, which is way better than Power Attack in epics), and then max Wis > Con.

I wouldn't take Combat Expertise, I'd instead push a feat from later and take Deflect Arrows as your Monk 6 feat. You could also drop Power Attack/Cleave/Great Cleave line for Dodge+Mobility+Spring Attack for yet another dash (given high Strikethrough your AoE is easier). Maybe try that in one of your ER's
    -Khysiria of Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by partybasher View Post
    Hello!

I have a morning lord+cleric life I need to get done. I was thinking going inquisitive, splashing artificer for rune arm (possibly go more than 2 arti, and maybe an additional rogue/fighter/ranger splash. as long as I get a cleric PL it's all good).
    Conflicted between wisdom (falconry, helpless damage, sprint boost!) and intelligence (trapping) and I can't decide.

I have access to:
    all universal trees except feydark
    all classes.
    +5 tomes all around, toon is a heroic completionist with multiple epic and iconic past lives.
    +1 universal tree AP, +5 racial AP.
    42 reaper AP (I'd like to run r1 at minimum)

Goal is a quick iconic life. If I enjoy it I'll run another ER, otherwise 15-30 and that's it.

As you can see, I'm a pretty experienced player. Just can't figure out what to do with morning lord...

Thank you very much in advance!
    FVS Inquisitive is tried-and-true, so I don't see why Cleric Inquisitive would be significantly worse or even much different. I'd consider Animal Domain to equalize them a bit (you get a dash, some Fort bypass, and a fat chunk of HP).

If you go Int-based there's very little reason to stay heavy Cleric. Mass Heal is hilariously slow = bad and you won't have DC's for the rest of 9th-level spells. Cleric 15 gets you full domain + Death Pact which is pretty helpful for soloing (and Holy Aura for buffs). Fighter or Paladin 3 gets you +20% HP stance if you can afford 13 AP - which is always appreciated (or Rogue 2 for evasion given Insightful Reflexes for saves).

If you go Wis-based you get some instakills and more SP mostly. Blast-casting for Clerics just isn't a thing past heroics (and like EN) even with better-scaled spells like Chain Lightning via Air Domain. So mostly you're looking at Implosion & Destruction (and whatever your Domain provides) - FWIW Implosion is rad, and works on a lot of stuff that you'll be bad at as an Inquisitive (like constructs). Mass Frog is excellent but only useful for 28-29 so it's kinda late. I'd go with Death Domain (for SLA Destruction) or maybe Earth Domain (if you've used Earthquake and like it) or just Animal Domain (if you don't want to think and want a dash + HP).

Honestly I'm really fond of Falconry; going Int-based is basically trading your spellcasting for Insightful-Reflexes powered Evasion, no? +5 tome means you should have enough skill points for Search/Disable Device like always, so that's not a huge concern. I don't know 20-29 meta for Inquisitives that well though, and running full plate seems just fine (for MRR cap and a bunch of PRR) so I don't think it's required lol. If you dip Fighter/Pally for HP that's worth mentioning as well, but as a ranged toon who can heal you shouldn't have a lot of trouble staying alive IMO.

I guess it mostly depends on if you expect to be able to land DC's while leveling. If so, Wis-based is probably better - Implosion, Destruction, and Falconry in general are all very nice. If you can't land DC's why bother, Int-based is cheap and easy (and Defender stance + Animal = lots of free HP).

Does that help a bit?
    -Khysiria of Cannith

Hmm i like it, i've played a tank for the last few years. 12/4/4 pally/ftr/arti and DC for soloing and low reaper swapping to US for raid or tanking specific quests. I really liked the versatility with being able to trap, and off heal with DC or by twisting sacred ground/consecration in US. I believe this will be a DPS variant (DPS compared to my tank anyway) of a self healing trapper that adds to the group and i'm sure we can get some CC in there too. Not sure how high the DC will be though as i haven't played a STR build in many years.

This will have have nice versatility. Also there's always someone using sacred ground as long as i'm paying attention to where it is. Would 4 arti be worth it or 6 bard and 2 arti maybe? Any thoughts on rogue instead of arti for evasion or is evasion not worth it anymore? Now you got me thinking too lol. I haven't played anything like this before but i believe i could adapt nicely to it. Would this work with bastard swords and a runearm? I would LTR so i can get the Arti live at lv 1 for the extra points towards trapping.

I do have (or will tomorrow) the 14 racial plus the +1 Universal tome for universal enhancement trees. I have 28 fate points and 38 reaper points.

I have a fair amount of Feywild gear so that'd be my main source of gear currently. I have some ravenloft and sharn gear as well but i missed time when those where at the height of hardcore farming. I will be doing all three lives so i will have 2 lives to play around with some variables. I should be able to get TR'd into this tomorrow. If you'd like to expand more i will follow up with how it works. I also know time is precious so the core of the build you put down will get me started. If it's fun please detail it out but stop before it becomes work. I totally get the fun in building but i'm too OCD and then i get frustrated and just end up winging it. I play NBA2k games sometimes as well and i have way more fun managing the team i like than i ever do actually playing the basketball portion of it.

PS might TR tonight depending on how fast i finish leveling vs how much drinkin i get done lol. Thanks for your help.
    Ok I'm not sure if this is a build request or you want someone to look at it or what lol; but it's definitely not what I was talking about

Going Pally as a Razorclaw requires at least 2 LR's (swap Barb for Arti, swap Alignment to LG) which is worth considering IMO.

What's the goal of the /4 Fighter in that build? Going 15/4/1 Pally/Arti/Fighter seems strictly better, giving Holy Sword + Zeal as DPS boosters right? CC would mostly be from Dire Charge regardless. Feydark Illusionist can get you Greater Color Spray for CC and you can run Cha-max which is pretty solid as a Paladin (given Divine Grace).

Bard can't multiclass with Paladin; Bard requires non-Lawful and Paladin requires Lawful Good. Believe me, I'd have a billion Bard/Paladin builds by now if not

Bastard Sword + runearm is viable, but it's almost certainly inferior to THF; THF dominates the meta for a reason, it's really really strong.

A good build can be the difference between a great experience and a poor one, so I'm happy to help lol but we've gotta be on the same page for that
    -Khysiria of Cannith

Community Member

Oops sorry for the confusion. I was just explaining what i had been playing. I fully intend to use your build. I wasn't planning to bring in any of my last build. I didn't TR last night. I have to get a bit more favor and empty the TR cache still. I'm a hoarder so that's always horrible lol. Thanks

I'd be fairly surprised if bows become meta even so lol. But fair

I don't think Ameliorating Strike was ever on-hit? There was a period on Lama when it was "when your smite crits" but that was changed when it went live in 2013 (link). It's still nice, and better now that Smite has a 12s CD, but it would possibly be the strongest enhancement in DDO if it was on-hit lol. If you're looking for party support it's also pretty handy as an AoE heal that doesn't slow your DPS down.

10% Doubleshot is nice from Warpriest T4, and Magical Backlash from T3 is surprisingly helpful when fighting casters (whenever there's >1 and they get to cast, it's knocking someone down with no effort on your part). Still, yeah, it's a harder sell spending >20 AP there vs like grabbing more AA stuff (more dice, more DC's, Paralyzing, etc).

If you're looking for party support I'd recommend against terror arrows. In certain niches they're good (soloing, all-ranged DPS party, probably something else too) but most of the time you're just chasing mobs away from your melees and out of range of your spellcasters, which is pretty frustrating for everyone involved. A lot of people will ask you to not use them, myself included. There are few things more annoying than having to chase and single-target literally every mob lol, especially now in the golden age of AoE. By all means roll up a test toon (vet 7 works great) and try it, but I think you'll agree.

If you're not just in for Terror Arrows, AA T4 gets a lot more desirable (+2 damage dice w/scaling, +2 DC's, Paralyzing option, etc). And then you're nearly back where we started, 39 DWS/24 AA = 17 leftover AP lol.
    I was thinking that ameliorating strike worked off of doublestrikes as well as each proc from tempests Dod. But it's use it greatly mitigated since it only price once every 12 seconds now.

Anyway, I mentioned terror arrows over paralyzing ones since cost of AP is significantly less for a bit of cc option. I would still consider it a splash into AA.

In the above example of 12 Ranger / 7 cleric / 1x. I would consider wisdom based falconry with 27 spent / 38 deepwood / 15 AA instead of warpriest.

As you said, trying to stay away from 39 deepwood, 24 AA, since it locks me out of another T4 tier.

Thanks
    Last edited by CrackedIce; 02-07-2021 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackedIce View Post
    I was thinking that ameliorating strike worked off of doublestrikes as well as each proc from tempests Dod. But it's use it greatly mitigated since it only price once every 12 seconds now.

Anyway, I mentioned terror arrows over paralyzing ones since cost of AP is significantly less for a bit of cc option. I would still consider it a splash into AA.

In the above example of 12 Ranger / 7 cleric / 1x. I would consider wisdom based falconry with 27 spent / 38 deepwood / 15 AA instead of warpriest.

As you said, trying to stay away from 39 deepwood, 24 AA, since it locks me out of another T4 tier.

Thanks
    Imagine getting 6 procs in a go from 200% ST and 100% Doublestrike might be a bit OP. Used to have a 20s CD though, so at least that part's nicer

Yeah, Terror arrows are cheaper but IMO far inferior for most uses. But yeah, the AP lockouts hurt a lot lol.

Hope that helped a bit!
    -Khysiria of Cannith

Imagine getting 6 procs in a go from 200% ST and 100% Doublestrike might be a bit OP. Used to have a 20s CD though, so at least that part's nicer

Yeah, Terror arrows are cheaper but IMO far inferior for most uses. But yeah, the AP lockouts hurt a lot lol.

Hope that helped a bit!
    Yes, it's helpful to have someone bounce ideas to. Also, ameliorating strike was before ST and improved precise shot usage, so made a bit more sense then.

In the end of the day, most builds, for optimization, end up pretty cookie cutter since enhancements are tied to tiers, and tiers gate abilities behind a set number of AP points.

As far as the build I will end up with I am kinda stuck with bow as that is my favorite playstyle and am playing with brand new players so am going to have to fulfill role of trapper, spot heals, and cc. I am going harper for intelligence to hit and damage (gotta get those traps) but will end up with paralyzing arrows and tier five deepwood. Should be good enough. Taking trickery domain for cleric splash.

(I am saving my ddo points for possible horizon archer pickup instead of falconry should that be the better choice)

Thanks for your thoughts.

Default Good Morning DDO! Request a dual-box support iconic

Apologies if this was previously asked & answered:
    • I'm looking for a "teen" support iconic character to run in a dual- or triple- box environment.
    • The twist is that the second account only has Shadar-Kai, PDK, and Morninglord iconics and I don't want to eat any tomes removing their basic class.
    • The account does not have alchemist.
    • The account also does not have dragonborn, drow (though that's doable), gnome, wood elf, half-elf, half-orc, tiefling, or shifter. Hence the request for an iconic.

I found (and promptly lost) a nice teen-level support bard build with limited trapping capability somewhere (if anyone can point it out I'd appreciate it). At the time I wondered if a Shadar-Kai would work but that -2 Charisma would seem to be a big hurtle for a bard.

Leveling this character is irrelevant; they're there for auras, extra hireling, battle buffs, and more loot with storage. I believe Veteran 1 is an option so I'll make a pre-teen support bard along the above lines for the next reincarnation.

Default 32 point first life barbarian

Hello I've played before then take time away I'm back and looking
    for a first life 32 pt barbarian that's an updated build.
    No tomes, no gear, I'm looking for free to play
    Thank you For your help in Advance

Page 216 of 231 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226 ... LastLast