Page 209 of 231 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,180 of 4618
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Meilicious View Post
    My sister and I are looking for a duo build. We chose two of our characters to TR.

She has a hafling rogue 19/ftr1 character (Adventurer) and is looking for a DPS bard.

Locked Races: Tiefling, Wood Elf, Aasimar, Dragonborn, Gnome, Half Orc, Half Elf, Warforged, Drow
    Locked Classes: Alchemist, Warlock, Monk, Favored Soul, Artificer

----
    My character is a half elf ftr 8/rgr 6/mnk 6 (Hero) (Kensei Tempest - TWF Khopesh) (ED: Dreadnought, Primal for Coccoon) and I'm looking for a self sufficient build or an upgrade of my current build since I haven't played for 4 years.

Locked Races: Tiefling, Wood Elf, Aasimar, Dragonborn, Gnome, Half Orc, Warforged, Drow,
    Locked Classes: Alchemist, Warlock, Favored Soul, Artificer, Bladeforged

Any help would be greatly appreciated. <3
    Is she interested in playing a ranged bard or a melee? If the former, does she have Inquisitive and/or Vistani Knife Fighter?

Are you looking for another TWF melee?

What's y'all's plan with these lives? Stopping at 20, want something that can perform well at 30, etc? Are either of you interested in playing Iconics? Any particularly impressive gear you'd like to take advantage of? Ability tomes I should know about?

Without knowing any of this, my offhand suggestions would be 18 Bard / 2 Rogue for her, 20 Ranger for you
    Last edited by Discpsycho; 09-11-2020 at 11:31 AM.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

My sister and I are looking for a duo build. We chose two of our characters to TR.

She has a hafling rogue 19/ftr1 character (Adventurer) and is looking for a DPS bard.

Locked Races: Tiefling, Wood Elf, Aasimar, Dragonborn, Gnome, Half Orc, Half Elf, Warforged, Drow

----
    My character is a half elf ftr 8/rgr 6/mnk 6 (Hero) (Kensei Tempest - TWF Khopesh) (ED: Dreadnought, Primal for Coccoon) and I'm looking for a self sufficient build or an upgrade of my current build since I haven't played for 4 years.

Locked Races: Tiefling, Wood Elf, Aasimar, Dragonborn, Gnome, Half Orc, Warforged, Drow,

There's an upcoming universal tree, Feydark Illusionist, that will allow you to use Cha to-hit and to-damage pretty cheaply. That would probably be the best bet for a Bard build, as currently you can only get Cha-to-Damage (unless like FvS split). Still, no release date yet.

Swashbuckler/Warchanter? There's not a whole lot complicated with a SWF Bard build? If you want to multiclass, you only really need Bard 5 or so. Count of Monte Christo is a little dated, but pretty great still. Here's a Bard/Rogue/Fighter using VKF tree with daggers.

Does she want just DPS? Does she have a race/weapon preference? THF with Warchanter seems fine too, for that matter? Halfling has access to Healing dragonmark, which is pretty great for surviving stuff

-------

If you're just after self-sufficient and easy to play, THF Paladin is super strong currently. Also going to get better with Feydark Illusionist lol. Are you after another TWF build, or? Pale Master builds are all functionally immortal til mid-Reaper, and you can run them as melee (via EK), ranged (Inqusitive), DC caster (PM/AM), or blast-caster (PM/EK) pretty reasonably.

Some vague idea of what playstyle interests you will help

-------

Are y'all looking for epics, 1-20, Iconics, sitting at 30 farming RXP, or what? What difficulty do you typically run at?
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    Are you going Elf? If so, Dex > Con/Str/Int > Wis/Cha. If not, you'll probably want to consider a Strength-based build. If Str-based, 17-tome into Dex, and then Str-max, Con/Int secondary.

Do you have a Dex tome? A build with <11 Ranger won't autogrant Greater TWF, which has a Dex 17 requirement. If you're Dex-max that's no issue, but if you're Str-build it's hard without at least a +2 Dex tome (1750 favor tome?).

Nothing terribly wrong with going Fighter, and /2 Rogue gets you Evasion (and you can get Improved Evasion w/Tempest T5). Bonus feats help a lot! Get all the cool stuff

Tempest Core 4 gives +1 Crit multiplier to both weapons which will hurt to miss, but you can get Kensei Core 3 to make up for half of it at least. Probably go all-in on longswords, given Knight's Training and the higher base damage? You'd also only get to 90% off-hand, even furthering that point (and missing off-hand DS). Probably look more for a debuff dagger and a DPS longsword (perfect with Sentients too).

Sorta makes more sense as a Str-build then though, which allows you to save a bunch from racial (Elf for Displace or go w/e race then?) and you can then grab Power Surge & Opportunity Attack which is pretty nice. 42 Tempest, 25 Kensei, 6 Stalwart? Idk.
    Thank you again for the thoughts. I hear you on the Tempest core benefits. I do want to give the STR version a try, but this helps me a lot in getting there. I do have Dex tomes to help cover the 2-handed requirements. Human over elf for flavor, but hear you on missing out on the elf bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanker View Post
    Thank you again for the thoughts. I hear you on the Tempest core benefits. I do want to give the STR version a try, but this helps me a lot in getting there. I do have Dex tomes to help cover the 2-handed requirements. Human over elf for flavor, but hear you on missing out on the elf bonuses.
    Glad to help

I'd probably start Rogue 1 (for skill points), then rush Ranger 6 for the free feats and then fill out Fighter (take Rogue 2 whenever you have enough Reflex for Evasion, or want skill points). With a Dex tome it gets a lot easier to hit stat requirements, and with 12 Fighter levels = 7 bonus feats you should be fine to grab everything you want.

If you have further questions feel free to ask, but it seems pretty straightforward

I'd not entirely ditch Dex gearing though, Elaborate Parry is a super-nice defensive clicky especially past level 10 or so (when you'll have enough Dex to matter).
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.

Default Possible AA/necro

Before the cap was 30, I had a plan for a AA/necro build. Not sure if its possible or would want to do. I've been gone for a bit (left when reaper came out) and would like to try this. The character has a ranger and cleric pl and a range of +2 or +3 tomes for stats, lots of bows and a few fun items like shroud of the abbot. I know Id have to be elf or helf, (not sure if woodelf gets the aa) . Would like to know what a good stat setup would need to be and how much wiz/ranger lvls to get a good benefit of both classes (6 ranger gets me free many shot?). I just want to be an undead archer! lol

Default Build Request

Hello, I need help with a build, and I'm praying you can. I haven't played in years and a lot has changed, but here's what I'm hoping to play. First off I have 32 point build available, want to use PDK as race, will be his first life, willing to purchase any classes and +6 tomes at lvl 15 and eventually +8 at lvl 22. I like to play solo and I'm sure that'll effect the build. Also looking to play a mostly melee class or classes, like barb, fighter, or druid, maybe sprinkling of cleric even. Because I'm newish, I was hoping the build layout could be detailed like level by level exactly what I should take in feats, enhancements (and when to bank AP), skills, stats, spells, etc... because I won't know the best things at the time. I know this is probably a lot of work and I apologize for that, but if you can help me it would be super appreciated!!! Thank you so much for your time, help, and patience!!!
    Last edited by Budders; 09-12-2020 at 06:34 PM.

----

@ Discpsycho
    Totally forgot about that! We just started playing again last week. Thank you!

@ SpartanKiller13
    Thanks for the suggestions! We really appreciate it . I think Feydark will suit my sister's playstyle. And also, she quit DDO after ED was introduced so not much epic experience.
    For my toon, I am used to play with a lot of clicky with my current kensei/tempest/dreadnought toon. My primal karma sphere is at 6m. More info below.

[SIS] Adventurer
    Inherent Tomes:
    STR 1 | DEX 3 | INT 1

Pref Race: none
    Pref Class: bard (flexible)
    Pref Feat: TWF

We usually play on Epic Elite difficulty. I tend to favor support and magic casters. My main is a full support spellsinger that I'm keeping at 20 for now so I can raid with my sister and her guildmates during the weekends. No interest in Iconics for now. I'm looking to TR my hafling rogue into a build/class that would compliment my sister's build but not something that's pure dps. Is there a TWF dps class that can also bring utility skills?

Heroic Past Lives: Paladin (1x)
    Pref Race: Half Elf
    Pref Class: multiclass

I want a dps melee build that is not too squishy. Can self heal and use raise/heal scroll. I still want the twf because I wanna use two different types of weapon. If possible has decent saves also. I'm planning to stack (2x) my paladin past life for healing amp. Primal karma sphere is at 6m atm. I'm considering one universal enhancement tree if suggested.

* We have no plan on buying races/classes that are currently locked on our accounts since we just got back. Decided to TR our toons so we can relearn the game.
    * Hoping for a character planner that we can follow every level like OP sigtrent's builds.
    * We both redeemed the DDOfreequests coupon so we can farm items that you may recommend.
    * Going to play duo so we want to have a build that can complement each other.
    * Going to play up to lvl30 so we can have Epic Past Life Feats.
    Last edited by Meilicious; 09-13-2020 at 09:29 AM.
    Toons: Diwata , Zephiera , Vyrithiel , Yulalicious
    Guild: PINOY
    Server: Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by LordPNut View Post
    Before the cap was 30, I had a plan for a AA/necro build. Not sure if its possible or would want to do. I've been gone for a bit (left when reaper came out) and would like to try this. The character has a ranger and cleric pl and a range of +2 or +3 tomes for stats, lots of bows and a few fun items like shroud of the abbot. I know Id have to be elf or helf, (not sure if woodelf gets the aa) . Would like to know what a good stat setup would need to be and how much wiz/ranger lvls to get a good benefit of both classes (6 ranger gets me free many shot?). I just want to be an undead archer! lol
    Well. There's a couple ways you could go, like dipping a few levels of Wizard just to be undead.

Do you want to be able to spellcast effectively? If so, you'd be Int-based. If you want effective Paralyzing DC's via Arcane Archer, you'd be Wis-based.

Either way, you'll really want Harper (for Int) or Falconry (for Wis) to allow you to one-stat max and just dump the other.

Here's an interesting thread you might want to look at, mostly focused on Eldritch Knight + Elf Arcane Archer.

If you go Ranger, you can save like 14 AP (unlocking Elven AA) which is pretty great. Ranger 6 giving Manyshot and avoiding Dex requirements is pretty great, although you'll still need Dex 19 for IPS unless you go Ranger 11.

The more Wizard levels you get the more sustainable you are (as your Death Auras scale heavily with levels) but if you're planning on hire healing etc you can go less Wizard (like 11/7 Ranger/Wiz gets you IPS and Death Aura).

I'd probably be looking to play Wis-based with Falconry, and using Paralyzing Arrows for crowd control with Eldritch Knight for your main damage source. A bit of Pale Master for sustain etc (and Enchant bonuses) but mostly invested in EK for spellblade and AA for Paralyzing DC's. Could swap to double-damage imbues for bosses etc.

What seems interesting?
    -Khysiria of Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by Budders View Post
    Hello, I need help with a build, and I'm praying you can. I haven't played in years and a lot has changed, but here's what I'm hoping to play. First off I have 32 point build available, want to use PDK as race, will be his first life, willing to purchase any classes and +6 tomes at lvl 15 and eventually +8 at lvl 22. I like to play solo and I'm sure that'll effect the build. Also looking to play a mostly melee class or classes, like barb, fighter, or druid, maybe sprinkling of cleric even. Because I'm newish, I was hoping the build layout could be detailed like level by level exactly what I should take in feats, enhancements (and when to bank AP), skills, stats, spells, etc... because I won't know the best things at the time. I know this is probably a lot of work and I apologize for that, but if you can help me it would be super appreciated!!! Thank you so much for your time, help, and patience!!!
    This game has a ton of options all around, and people all play slightly differently lol. What's "best" for me probably isn't "best" for you.

I'd vote for PDK Paladin - it's really strong, quite survivable, and has good defenses/saves which help a lot with soloing. You can 18/2 Paladin/Fighter pretty reasonably (if you don't want to burn a +1 LHoW), and just go for it. As an Iconic you'll start at level 15, so stuff like feat order matters far less. You'll start with like 60 AP as well so you can just get most of the stuff too.

With a +6 tome, starting 11 Strength is enough for THF feats; thereafter max Cha, then put points into Con. Tome + Airship covers Wis requirements for spellcasting. All level-ups into Cha.

Feats:
    (1) Toughness
    (1) THF
    (3) Empower Healing Spell
    (6) Improved THF
    (9) Improved Critical:Slashing
    (12) Precision
    (15) Greater THF
    (18) Extra Turning for CAF (or Quicken Spell)
    (21) Overwhelming Critical
    (24) Epic Toughness
    (26D) Perfect THF
    (27) Blinding Speed
    (28D) Perfect TWF
    (29D) Dire Charge
    (30) Epic Damage Reduction
    (30L) Scion of Arborea

Skills: max Jump, max Intimidate, get UMD if you want to party. Balance if you think it helps?

Enhancements (in order):
    3 PDK (Cormyrean Knight Training)
    4 Kensei (Haste Boost III)
    Then 39 Knight of the Chalice (cores whenever possible, Cleaves, Divine Might, Holy Combatant line, Full T5, +2 Charisma, +20% Strikethrough)
    Then fill out Sacred Defender (cores whenever possible, +15 PRR/MRR on Sacred Defense, Extra Lay on hands III, +20% Max HP, +2 Cha, +10% Move Speed, +6 Con)
    Then spend points into PDK to get +20% Strikethrough (get Charisma & Healamp)

Spells:
    4th: Holy Sword, Zeal
    3rd: Cure Moderate Wounds, Remove Curse
    2nd: Righteous Command, Angelskin
    1st: Lesser Restoration, Protection from Evil

-------

That work?

Here's a bit more endgame version of what you're after.
    -Khysiria of Cannith

Well. There's a couple ways you could go, like dipping a few levels of Wizard just to be undead.

Do you want to be able to spellcast effectively? If so, you'd be Int-based. If you want effective Paralyzing DC's via Arcane Archer, you'd be Wis-based.

Either way, you'll really want Harper (for Int) or Falconry (for Wis) to allow you to one-stat max and just dump the other.

Here's an interesting thread you might want to look at, mostly focused on Eldritch Knight + Elf Arcane Archer.

If you go Ranger, you can save like 14 AP (unlocking Elven AA) which is pretty great. Ranger 6 giving Manyshot and avoiding Dex requirements is pretty great, although you'll still need Dex 19 for IPS unless you go Ranger 11.

The more Wizard levels you get the more sustainable you are (as your Death Auras scale heavily with levels) but if you're planning on hire healing etc you can go less Wizard (like 11/7 Ranger/Wiz gets you IPS and Death Aura).

I'd probably be looking to play Wis-based with Falconry, and using Paralyzing Arrows for crowd control with Eldritch Knight for your main damage source. A bit of Pale Master for sustain etc (and Enchant bonuses) but mostly invested in EK for spellblade and AA for Paralyzing DC's. Could swap to double-damage imbues for bosses etc.

What seems interesting?
    Interesting link, its another thought. I haven't looked into or even thought of falconry or eldritch knight (new to me) like i said been gone long enough to not know anymore besides a phoenix build and a healer I feel lost. I know death aura scales with lvl from having a pure cap wiz, which would be the downside of having more rangers lvls. Might just try a mix of something for fun and a wiz pl. Thank you

Inherent Tomes:
    STR 1 | DEX 3 | INT 1

Pref Race: none
    Pref Class: bard (flexible)

We usually play on Epic Elite difficulty. I tend to favor support and magic casters. My main is a full support spellsinger that I'm keeping at 20 for now so I can raid with my sister and her guildmates during the weekends. No interest in Iconics for now. I'm looking to TR my hafling rogue into a build/class that would compliment my sister's build but not something that's pure dps. Is there a TWF dps class that can also bring utility skills?
    You title the paragraph about her, then talk about your builds. I assume this stuff is about her character?

Bard's Swashbuckler tree has a lot of synergy with SWF, but there's very little (if any) synergy between Bard and TWF.

TWF + Utility is probably either Ranger (very good TWF, a little utility) or my recommendation: VKF Rogue. Vistani Knife Fighter goes really well with Rogue's Assassin tree, and Rogue offers a lot of utility (trapping, skills for everything you want, etc).

You get a few level split options, although 18/1/1 Rogue/FvS/Monk seems highest DPS (via Monk stances + Divine Presence/Will) and 18/2 Rogue/Barbarian seems most survivable (Blood Tribute, movespeed). Enhancements you're grabbing VKF capstone, Assassin Core 5, and T5 in one or the other of those trees. VKF T5 is easier AP-wise and has greater burst DPS, but Assassin T5 gives access to Assassinate which is neato.

Rogue Sneak Attack + VKF's boosted daggers + Assassin's Dagger bonuses = great DPS.

Inherent Tomes:
    STR 2 | DEX 4 | CON 2 | INT 1 | WIS 2 | CHA 3

Heroic Past Lives: Paladin (1x)
    Pref Race: Half Elf
    Pref Class: multiclass

I want a dps melee build that is not too squishy. Can self heal and use raise/heal scroll. I still want the twf because I wanna use two different types of weapon. If possible has decent saves also. I'm planning to stack (2x) my paladin past life for healing amp. Primal karma sphere is at 6m atm. I'm considering one universal enhancement tree if suggested.
    Well, how about a TWF Paladin? Very tanky, has great saves, can heal and rez natively (given SaD core 4). Your Dex tome means you just need to start 13 Dex to be able to grab all the TWF feats. Paladin's pretty strong, and seems to fit all your design goals.

Or if you want to multiclass, you can 14/6 Paladin/Ranger using Holy Sword + Tempest T5, saving out on the first two TWF feats and gaining access to Dance of Death, which is really great for trash-clearing. Could even 15/5 for Holy Sword + Zeal, although that blocks you from being Dex-based (which is pretty nice with Elaborate Parry). If Dex-based, run in light armor and 14/6; if Str (or Cha)-based, go 15/5 full plate and just burn the feat lol; 10% DS from Zeal is pretty rad.

* We have no plan on buying races/classes that are currently locked on our accounts since we just got back. Decided to TR our toons so we can relearn the game.
    * Hoping for a character planner that we can follow every level like OP sigtrent's builds.
    Welcome back!

Only thing required there is VKF, which is available for like 500 DDO points or via favor if you run Ravenloft (or if you did when it was free).

Tell me what you're interested in a little more than "maybe multiclass, ideally TWF, and not a Half-Orc" and I'll better be able to make a build for ya. Not gonna write out a full set of stuff for something you're not interested in.
    -Khysiria of Cannith

Lightbulb Looking a FvS Tank healer Build

Right now is level 20 with the XP to go to level 20 with 6 epic levels thanks to XP stones on Wayfinder... I have no tomes on him as of now... Any help will be much appreciated... I will reroll him with the new build info.... I also have 2 lesser hearts of wood and a +20 lesser heart... So is no real issues I have room to try different things...
    Thanks in advance...
    CrazyRed..
    Last edited by Crazeyred; 09-14-2020 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazeyred View Post
    Right now is level 20 with the XP to go to level 20 with 6 epic levels thanks to XP stones on Wayfinder... I have no tomes on him as of now... Any help will be much appreciated... I will reroll him with the new build info.... I also have 2 lesser hearts of wood and a +20 lesser heart... So is no real issues I have room to try different things...
    Thanks in advance...
    CrazyRed..
    What are you trying to tank? What sort of gear/PL's do you have?

17/3 FvS/Paladin is pretty meta for tanky FVS. Here's a really decent breakdown by multipro of theirs, including gearing etc. Here's another great breakdown by zappy of theirs.

If you're ok with leaving FvS, here's Gliga1's 11/5/4 Cleric/Artificer/Paladin, which is probably the best tank/healer I've seen in-game (although a big part of that is because it's Gliga1). Good thread to read, general consensus is 17/3 FvS/Paladin is better when getting into stuff, but it's not as good super-endgame like R10's.
    -Khysiria of Cannith

What are you trying to tank? What sort of gear/PL's do you have?

17/3 FvS/Paladin is pretty meta for tanky FVS. Here's a really decent breakdown by multipro of theirs, including gearing etc. Here's another great breakdown by zappy of theirs.

If you're ok with leaving FvS, here's Gliga1's 11/5/4 Cleric/Artificer/Paladin, which is probably the best tank/healer I've seen in-game (although a big part of that is because it's Gliga1). Good thread to read, general consensus is 17/3 FvS/Paladin is better when getting into stuff, but it's not as good super-endgame like R10's.
    My Guy is sort of Gimpy right now but I really rather stay Full FvS... I have no plan to do any reaper just not my thing..... And I solo with Hirelings a lot of the times but just looking for alternatives.... But thanks for the Links they have given me something to think about.... I don't have very good gear at all... The gear was going to be the next part of info I need....

Quote Originally Posted by Crazeyred View Post
    My Guy is sort of Gimpy right now but I really rather stay Full FvS... I have no plan to do any reaper just not my thing..... And I solo with Hirelings a lot of the times but just looking for alternatives.... But thanks for the Links they have given me something to think about.... I don't have very good gear at all... The gear was going to be the next part of info I need....
    Well, if you're staying pure FvS I'm not sure what you're trying to get from this thread? Run in Unyielding Sentinel (the tank ED), equip tank gear, and max Con/HP/defenses? There's not a lot of build flexibility with a pure build lol. Aasimar is probably the best race option, but you're using an existing toon so that's already set.

Assuming Flight of Glory applies to you as well, probably 41/31/6 War Soul/BoH/VKF, getting War Soul's capstone + T5 and Deflect Arrows from VKF?

As far as gear, start with a tank set from Sharn > Ravenloft, then max out Con, PRR/MRR, saves, Dodge (to cap), grab Ghostly, Blurry/Lesser Displacement (if you don't have Displace clickies), Saves/Spell Saves and then probs max out healing & spellcasting etc. Picking gear is all about your priorities: how much of X should I give up in favor of Y. There's a lot of tradeoffs, and rarely is there a full set of "this is obviously best" (although set bonuses from Sharn/RL are pretty much required)>

I've been using this site a bunch for quick gearsets. Maybe give it a try?
    -Khysiria of Cannith

I am looking for a pure 20 Cleric with emphasis on Healing and Turning undead. New to the class so any tips would be appreciated. This toon will have no past lives and very little gear to start.

Quote Originally Posted by SmashBang View Post
    I am looking for a pure 20 Cleric with emphasis on Healing and Turning undead. New to the class so any tips would be appreciated. This toon will have no past lives and very little gear to start.
    Well, how about a Death Domain Cleric?

Note that a Heal/Turn-focused Cleric will be great in groups, and amazing in undead-heavy quests but not good at soloing (also undead bosses etc won't be easy).

Death Domain boosts your Turns, gives you one of the best single-target SLA's in DDO, and has an instakill SLA (also with boosted DC via domain). Necrotic Ray alone is an immense DPS button; the other parts are pretty nice too though

Baseline Cleric has really solid heals already, so you don't need to focus much past itemizing Devotion (and Healing Lore). That said, their Radiant Servant tree focuses on both healing and Turns, so it seems like an obvious choice (also the T5 has a heal-over-time-aura which is super great).

As a turn-Cleric, you'll want decent Charisma (for number and power of turns) as well as decent Wisdom (for casting) and Con (for HP). I'd recommend Aasimar > Human (Aasimar has +Wis). Note that Morninglord is an Iconic. I'd probably start 18 Wis, 14 Cha, and 14 Con with level-ups into Wis (if Aasimar, 18 Wis, 16 Cha, 15 Con). Race doesn't matter too much though, just avoid -Wis or -Cha races

For Religion, Aureon is the clear winner with the level 6 active that boosts Turns as well as Wis & spellpen.

Feats:
    (1) Maximize Spell
    (3) Empower Spell
    (6) Quicken Spell
    (9) Extra Turning
    (12) Empower Healing Spell
    (15) Improved Turning
    (18) Heighten Spell
    (21) Spell Focus: Necromancy
    (24) Burst of Glacial Wrath
    (26D) Epic Spellpower:Positive (or Toughness)
    (27) Intensify Spell
    (28D) Mass Frog (use this on Constructs/undead)
    (29D) Deific Warding
    (30) Wellspring of Power
    (30L) Scion of Celestia

If Human, take 1-9 feats earlier, grab Spell Focus:Necromancy at 9, and take Greater Spell Focus:Necromancy at 21.

Enhancements:
    Rush for Mighty Turning (plus extra turning & improved turning)
    Then head over to Divine Disciple (either) for a bit, pick up some SLA's and spellpower
    Then head back to Radiant Servant and get Endless Turning from the T4, then go for more SLA's from DD.

At level 12, respec into:
    Radiant Servant T5 (Positive Energy Aura) plus all the goodies from earlier and +2 Wis, and the first 4 cores (5/6 are pretty meh IMO).
    Then go into Divine Disciple (Dark) for spellpower and maybe SLA's (I'd skip the T1 SLA) and spellpower as well as +Wis; grab cores whenever possible.

If your racial tree has good stuff, grab it when ya can mostly cores for +ability (and Healing Hands if Aasimar).

At 20, I'd be running T5+Core 4 Radiant Servant, with capstone in DD.

-------

Tips:
    • For all your cool SLA's (plus Healing Aura), make sure you right-click their hotbar icon and set Metamagics (Max/Emp/Quicken/Heighten) to always on. They get free metamagic, so it's basically a free boost for them
    • Use Byron Scoutsword to get you through Korthos, then look for parties - you'll be weak soloing until level 5.
    • Once you get Mighty Turning, your Turn Undeads will kill a few per pop. Focus on undead-heavy quests, and in parties focus on going towards undead vs other enemies
    • At level 5, you get Necrotic Ray which (with free metamagic) will oneshot one mob every 6 seconds. Use it lots. Later on might be two-shots lol.

Spells:
    (1) Nightshield - gives immunity to Magic Missiles = OP
    (1) Protection from Evil - provides some mind control immunity
    (2) Seek Eternal Rest - bonus to Turn Undead
    (2) Lesser Restoration - reduce ability damage and small debuffs
    (3) Remove Curse + Blindness - QoL, and can use on party members (I use potions for Disease)
    (4) Freedom of Movement - some CC immunity
    (4) Deathblock - instakill immunity
    (4) Restoration - clear ability damage, remove 1 negative level, remove more debuffs
    (5) Raise Dead - super cheap and available early
    (5) Slay Living - touch-ranged, but instakill and you're Necro Focus anyway
    (6) Blade Barrier - your best AoE trash-clearer, make them walk across the edge a lot
    (6) Heal - big heal button, also cures lots of debuffs
    (6) Undeath to Death - slow to cast, always Quicken - but it wipes an AoE of undead
    (7) Destruction - ranged instakill, also Necro
    (7) Greater Restoration - fix most debuffs, all negatives, etc
    (7) Cure Serious Wounds, Mass - use when CCWM is on cooldown
    (8) Death Pact - skip dying once/rest
    (8) Mass Deathward - if partying, nice AoE buff
    (8) Cure Critical Wounds, Mass - big AoE heal, much faster casting than Mass Heal
    (8) Holy Aura - nice party buff, some immunities
    (9) Implosion - really effective multiple-instakill (you won't have as good Evocation DC's, but constructs/undead etc have low Fortitude saves so use it on them)
    (9) True Resurrection - rezzes at full, very nice for tanks or other HP bags (or rezzing when there's lots of splash damage)

Gear:
    • Negative Spellpower & Lore
    • Healing Spellpower & Lore
    • Turn Undead stuff (Hallowed, Sacred, Eternal Faith - some are now found on randomgen gear now, so check AH and pawn shops etc).
    • Necromancy Focus (for your SLA's)
    • Wis, Cha, and Con gear (for casting, turns, and surviving respectively)
    • Random defensive stuff (Sheltering > Resistance > Spell Saves > Ghostly > Healamp > uhh)

The only gearpiece I'd say you definitely should farm out is Silverthread Belt, as it gives an Enhancement bonus which fully stacks with everything else (you only get the biggest bonus of every type, so having a different bonus type = OP).
    -Khysiria of Cannith

Well, how about a Death Domain Cleric?

Thanks for the response I will try this. I think i will go human and this account has none of the premium races, classes, or iconics.

Should I put level ups in Wisdom or Charisma? This toon is for a static group, so not too worried about solo play
    Last edited by SmashBang; 09-24-2020 at 04:40 PM.

Community Member

Question Warforged Fighter/Monk Swordsman?

Hi!

So, I'm kinda interested in this one. And I wanted to see if anyone's experimented with it or can point me at a build with it, please?

The idea is a Warforged Fighter/Monk bit. I'm looking at running around with non-Monk weapons like a great sword, falchion, or bastard sword while using abilities off of the Henshin Mystic tree.

It's a first life build as well, no tomes or anything. I'm pretty casual as I've said before in this thread. Just looking for something fun that I can hopefully sink my proverbial teeth into for this.

Please help?

Quote Originally Posted by SmashBang View Post
    Thanks for the response I will try this. I think i will go human and this account has none of the premium races, classes, or iconics.

Should I put level ups in Wisdom or Charisma? This toon is for a static group, so not too worried about solo play

I have a cleric similar to this and I put a base wis of 15 (have a 3 tome) and put my points into cha, but if your going for spell dc's you'll need the wis. Its enough to cast your spells when geared up. It slow to solo, soooo slow. I went sunelf/morninglord , for racial ability for when I turn also do light damage (18d6, with no save) if they don't turn, also logged in to look this ability also counts me 6 levels higher when turning and increases the hit dice total number of hit dice I can turn at 3/3 for the enhancement. I am in radiant servant for the extra turning bonuses and the regen of my turns. Once you get up there you can always change enhancements to what you end up liking.
    To note also SpartanKiller13 did give you a starting point for your cha/wis base if you read it :P

Page 209 of 231 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219 ... LastLast