Page 205 of 231 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,100 of 4618
    Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Exposing Strike, extra doublestrike from Killer+Strikes Like Lightning, +10 MP. It's an okay alternative to fighter for Swashbucklers, but only if you're not taking advantage of the synergies with handaxes or light picks from Kensei. Like maybe you wanted a F2P sickle build with Swords to Plowshares. Or you want to swashbuckle with a scimitar: you need Tempest level 3 core to make it a light weapon, but then you need crit bonuses too.

You can make melee bard / ranger work, it's just a very niche build.
    VKF's Rapid Slash doesn't stack with Killer (which you pointed out when I made that build ); non-VKF makes more sense if you're going that way. Fighter stance is really strong IMO, 25 PRR/MRR & 20% HP in Heroics (+6 Con epics) is a big difference in survivability, especially if you're newer without PL's etc to add on.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyArkham View Post
    I'd like to be able to make up the difference to some degree; locks, healing, traps, etc.
    I have access to all of the VIP races/classes as well as Artificer, Favored Soul, and Drow.
    Pure Artificer still makes a solid support toon particularly if you want a duo healer who is not just a battlecleric. Renegade Mastermaker for Curative Admixture SLAs, Battle Engineer and/or Inquisitive for ranged DPS - or Arcanotechnican for caster DPS - other Arty spells for buffs and added CC like Tactical Detonation. Your friend focuses on hitting things and using temp HPs to stay alive; you take care of everything else.

Alchemist / Inquisitive is also a strong combo; add a rogue or Artificer splash for trap skills.
    Johnny posted on Reddit as well, and I definitely also recommended RMM+BE Artificer there lol.

I wonder about dipping /1 into Alchemist (and maybe Warlock if it's a TR toon) for Soothing Poultices (plus Feigned Health if Warlock). Massively improves the efficiency of your cheap heals, at a fairly low opportunity cost assuming this is a 1-20 run. 2-4 SP SLA for Curative Admixture for super cheap group application as well.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    I had a SWF Bard/Fighter/Rogue VKF build a few years back, is probably adaptable :P

I'm not sure what you'd be getting out of Ranger (or why it's there, frankly) but you could probably do alright swapping it in the place of Fighter. Gonna be a bit of a niche build though lol. If you're interested I can work it out for you, but finding what you're after will help a lot
    Just looking for a fun F2P bard build, already have a paladin and cleric with THF, so was looking for something different.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moonchicken View Post
    Just looking for a fun F2P bard build, already have a paladin and cleric with THF, so was looking for something different.
    I posted a drow Swashbuckler using Harper + Vistani Knife Fighter, however it would work as F2P using different weapons too, such as rapiers if you wanted to take advantage of drow racial bonuses. You'd need to take Weapon Finesse feat and redo enhancements.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

so i asked earlier about a wizard/monk iconic, but i forgot i had paladin iconic as well. could i get a build for a iconic paladin/monk that does really good dps while not dying in one hit. preferably a THF as i would love to use the echo of blackrazor again but am open to anything.

want to see which build i like better before i TR.

Community Member

What’s your thoughts on pure Paladin vs 18/2 Pal/Rog?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moonchicken View Post
    What’s your thoughts on pure Paladin vs 18/2 Pal/Rog?
    For heroic leveling / HTR / RTR, 18 Pal / 2 Rogue is a great option! At cap, I think pure Paladin wins in DPS, if not utility

Pros:
    - Elemental Bloom is one of the better heroic weapons out there, and can become a favored weapon through Aureon
    - Thief-Acrobat gets +25% doublestrike with 80% uptime, as well as +15% attack speed and the option for Haste Boost
    - Trapping. 'Nuff said
    - Evasion

Cons:
    - Evasion or heavy armor? You can get the PRR/MRR from Sacred Defense but lose out on +20% HP and/or +6 Str through Greater Stalwart Defense. This becomes less of an issue at cap, where +6 Str is a drop in the bucket. EDF compensates for the HP loss by level 21
    - Pure paladin will do better damage post-epics thanks to the capstone; +2d6 MP-scaling light (and Paladins get a lot of MP), +10 MP, +3% damage aura, more Blessed Purpose stacks (up to 30 more MP), some Cha, alignment bypass
    - You've got better weapon options at cap than staves. Staff of Shadows isn't as good as, say, either form of Blackrazor. I'm not sure what type the TA attack speed bonus is and therefore can't say if it'll stack with other types of bonuses (eg, Haste)

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scooter4 View Post
    so i asked earlier about a wizard/monk iconic, but i forgot i had paladin iconic as well. could i get a build for a iconic paladin/monk that does really good dps while not dying in one hit. preferably a THF as i would love to use the echo of blackrazor again but am open to anything.

want to see which build i like better before i TR.
    Any Paladin build won't be dying in one hit; basically no build should be lol, unless you're running significantly higher difficulty than you should be (ignoring stuff like Strahd circles).

What are you looking for Monk to add to this build? VS just a pure Paladin etc?

Most of the cool Monk stuff relies on you being centered. You can't be centered with a greatsword unless you run Fighter's Kensei T5 One with the Blade, which requires 31+ AP and 5+ levels of Fighter - not much of a Paladin/Monk build.

What's your goal with the multiclass of Paladin & Monk? Divine Grace-powered Evasion? There's gotta be a reason to multiclass, it's why you don't see Druid/Artificers out there lol.

You could THF with a stick build, but Paladin will be adding nearly nothing to DPS (unless 14/6 Paladin for Zeal, but that costs you /2 Rogue for 15% AS so you lose out on DPS). If you just want Monk THF and a Paladin PL, maybe like 9/9/2 Paladin/Monk/Rogue? Just playing a pure Paladin would have better DPS and survivability lol.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Community Member

Hey unbongwah, do you think an Inq Cleric would be easy to level for the PL? If so, do you have a build laying around? Only have F2P classes to split with.

Community Member

Need help with a build for a solo paladin past life with: trapping, evasion, focus on ranged damage but also some healing/buffs/immunities (undead/robot?)
    Would like to go 1-30 and get at least an epic past life (all destinies capped already) maybe more.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenfair View Post
    Need help with a build for a solo paladin past life with: trapping, evasion, focus on ranged damage but also some healing/buffs/immunities (undead/robot?)
    Do you actually want to be a paladin or do you just want a ranged toon who gets a paladin PL? Because "trapping + evasion + ranged DPS" makes me think rogue / Artificer Inquisitive; or maybe Warforged monk 2 / Artificer 9 / paladin 9? Unless you don't have Inquisitive, in which case maybe you could dust off one of the old great crossbow splits like rog 6 / ftr 6 / pal 8. But "healing/buffs/immunities" makes me think of more paladin levels so you have better Lay on Hands and Energy Drain immunity (if not WF).
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Default Build Request: Sword-and-Board human DPS Paladin

I really like your TWF Knight build! It worked out super well!
    I'm near level 20 and I might want to TR soon.

I'm thinking about a human sword-and-board paladin with:
    Bastardsword or Longsword using (prefer Basterswords for the strikethroughs though)
    Good DPS
    Nice Defense
    All paladin spell accessibility
    A lot of smites and lay on hands

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Waveclaw; 07-19-2020 at 07:34 AM.

Community Member

Do you actually want to be a paladin or do you just want a ranged toon who gets a paladin PL? Because "trapping + evasion + ranged DPS" makes me think rogue / Artificer Inquisitive; or maybe Warforged monk 2 / Artificer 9 / paladin 9? Unless you don't have Inquisitive, in which case maybe you could dust off one of the old great crossbow splits like rog 6 / ftr 6 / pal 8. But "healing/buffs/immunities" makes me think of more paladin levels so you have better Lay on Hands and Energy Drain immunity (if not WF).
    I just want the past life, i have inquisitive and vip so i can do almost any combo, i'm just not sure about class splits and feat/ap progression to make it survivable enough to solo without losing too much dps.
    trapping means int build so 41 inquis/12harper, not sure wher to go after that. warforged arti for repair spells and endless fusillade?
    energy drain immunity from paladin means 12 pal and 21 kofc? does that synergizes with light armor and dual crossbow?
    also 2 monk instead of rogue would give me 1 feat(precision?) and would work with warforged composite plating (since mithral body isn't really good, i hear) but would that leave me enough skill points from int and artificer for trapping?
    also what about human 2rog/9wiz/9pal or similar split? inquis/pale master/harper and what's left in mechanic or ek. Would that get enough feats for ranged combat?

btw it's a 36 point build with supreme +8 tome and 3xpdk, 2xwiz, 1xwlk, 1art past lives

Default Questions about Epic Reincarnation.

Hello! I've got some questions on Epic Reincarnation. What makes it different from just simply Reincarnating your character? (Besides starting back at level one). Also, once you've Reincarnated, are you more powerful than the average first level character? And do you get special feats and or spells (if you're any kind of sell caster) when you start off again after Reincarnation? I'd love to know more about this subject! Thanks!
    Last edited by Zorrbeania; 07-19-2020 at 02:39 AM.
    Sincerely, Zorrbeania

Community Member

Default Healer that can solo

I often play solo, but I often also play with a few friends that are average players. In my opinion they rely to heavily on cleric hirelings. Is there a healer build that can still solo? Especially one thats healing would be less having to f key target and cast but might be more area/cone/aura at least most of the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaynen View Post
    Is there a healer build that can still solo? Especially one thats healing would be less having to f key target and cast but might be more area/cone/aura at least most of the time?
    Clerics get healing auras from Radiant Servant while Favored Soul get healing cones from Beacon of Hope.

So if you want a melee healer, I would go with a batlecleric like Axel's or my own. If you prefer a caster, FvS Evoker (Angel of Vengeance) who sits behind the melees spamming light spells and Beacons.

Community Member

Clerics get healing auras from Radiant Servant while Favored Soul get healing cones from Beacon of Hope.

So if you want a melee healer, I would go with a batlecleric like Axel's or my own. If you prefer a caster, FvS Evoker (Angel of Vengeance) who sits behind the melees spamming light spells and Beacons.
    I don't think I care too much about melee vs not just ability to play solo relatively well while still tosssing out heals, with preference to "lazy" healing. Your nuking build looks fun though. Does it have any healing similar to the clerics aura? I am not familiar enough with the individual enhancements/abilities
    Last edited by Jaynen; 07-19-2020 at 04:38 PM.

Lightbulb Build Request: Pale Trapper ( First life 28pts)

Looking for a First Life (28 pts) Pale Trapper build something like this i think https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-Wizard-Rogue). This one is out of date though. Would love an updated version ( Especialy enhancement tree's lvl by lvl ) The more detailed the better.

Thanks in advance.

Community Member

Default New player [F2P] fast-hitting Warpriest/Paladin/??

Hey guys,

Brand new player here. I hope to play mostly solo, but hirelings sound OK. F2P for now, I might drop some cash if I discover I like this game.

Got anything that might take me into endgame? I'd like to start with a melee character with lots of fast attacks who can heal and buff himself as needed. Is that more Fighter/Cleric or more Paladin in this game? (or something else entirely?!)

Tengu

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tengumai View Post
    Hey guys,

Brand new player here. I hope to play mostly solo, but hirelings sound OK. F2P for now, I might drop some cash if I discover I like this game.

Got anything that might take me into endgame? I'd like to start with a melee character with lots of fast attacks who can heal and buff himself as needed. Is that more Fighter/Cleric or more Paladin in this game? (or something else entirely?!)

Tengu
    Welcome to the game!

In DDO attack speed increases (slightly) with level. What should attack speed be relative to, and what have you tried so far? Faster than a low-level two-handed fighter, for example, is easy for any build by level 10, let alone 20-30.

The fastest attackers are gonna be Two-Weapon Fighters - unarmed Monks are even faster but can't buff and self-heal quite as well, and aren't particularly newbie-friendly (or even veteran-friendly, in my experience). If you're F2P there are various hybrid things you can try, but a revamped version of the Tempest Trapmonkey (courtesy of our master builder) is a fully fleshed-out build. You won't have to tinker with as a new player, gives you a taste of trapping, and lets you attack full-on blender-style by level 12.

Let us know if that meets your needs, and if not, what else you're looking for!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Discpsycho View Post
    Welcome to the game!
    Thanks!

What should attack speed be relative to, and what have you tried so far?
    I have tried nothing so far. I have just downloaded the game, but not started it yet.

The fastest attackers are gonna be Two-Weapon Fighters
    Makes sense. Sounds good, especially if I could blend that with some healing/buffing magic.

Tempest Trapmonkey...attack full-on blender-style by level 12.
    Blender-style. Now you're talking. I'll check it out.

Thanks!

Page 205 of 231 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215 ... LastLast