Page 197 of 231 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,940 of 4618
    Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vychos View Post
    Hey I am using Tilo's build and it' s working like a charm. I am soloing everything on elite until now. Current level 5. I am at the same time running Axel's THF with minor changes since I am a Dragonborn, and I must tell you that although both builds are working great, I enjoy Tilo's more and I can't see why people say clerics and shields are a no go since its working perfectly. Maybe on more high-level quests things may get different, but for now I see no reason to say that.

Thanks again people.
    Glad to hear! If you have some weak spots, remember you get huge powerspikes at like 9 & 14 (via Domain), and 11 & 17 (Blade Barrier & Implosion) so you're usually pretty close to a powerup.

The main reason people say Cleric+Shield is a no go: it offers very little to a Cleric. You're only slightly higher AC than a two-stick Cleric who used a wand of Shield, but they get an entire separate item giving them spellpower/DPS/whatever. Clerics don't have any enhancements or spells that affect shields either, AFAIK.

So it's not that it's directly bad, just there's arguably better choices

That said; as long as you have a heavy/tower shield you'll double your MRR vs Reflex save spells (like Fireball), and with the Shield Mastery, ISM, etc you'll have a bit of extra PRR as well (and obviously AC and the shield's effects). You do better DPS when you're alive
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    Glad to hear! If you have some weak spots, remember you get huge powerspikes at like 9 & 14 (via Domain), and 11 & 17 (Blade Barrier & Implosion) so you're usually pretty close to a powerup.

The main reason people say Cleric+Shield is a no go: it offers very little to a Cleric. You're only slightly higher AC than a two-stick Cleric who used a wand of Shield, but they get an entire separate item giving them spellpower/DPS/whatever. Clerics don't have any enhancements or spells that affect shields either, AFAIK.

So it's not that it's directly bad, just there's arguably better choices

That said; as long as you have a heavy/tower shield you'll double your MRR vs Reflex save spells (like Fireball), and with the Shield Mastery, ISM, etc you'll have a bit of extra PRR as well (and obviously AC and the shield's effects). You do better DPS when you're alive
    Hey Spartan, thanks for all the help!

I sent you a pm about some of the things you said in your posts.

Hope you get a chance to see it when you have the time.

Thanks again.

3. 02-05-2020, 06:05 PM

4. 02-23-2020, 02:27 PM

Community Member

Default Solo Trapper Tank?

Is it possible to build a character that can both tank fairly well and handle traps? Some mix of Paladin/Artificer sounds possible, but I haven't gotten the numbers to work yet. I'd like to manage a 28-point build that can solo elite content, ideally as a Warforged.

Community Member

Default Warforged Fighter/Artificer Build

Hey, I've been toying with this build idea for a few hours now and so far I was thinking of going 12 Fighter and 6 Artificer and I was thinking of using this stat spreadsheet for a 32 point 1st lifer and what would be some EEs that would go will with this build?

Str 16
    Dex 12
    Con 16 or 18
    Int 15
    Wis 6
    Cha 6

Default Solo Trapper Tank

Quote Originally Posted by Introspec View Post
    Is it possible to build a character that can both tank fairly well and handle traps? Some mix of Paladin/Artificer sounds possible, but I haven't gotten the numbers to work yet. I'd like to manage a 28-point build that can solo elite content, ideally as a Warforged.
    Typically trapping is doable with 2+ levels of Rogue/Artificer, keeping your skills up, and having relevant gear. It's a little harder without Evasion (as there are a few traps you have to stand in to disarm) but you'll generally want to be medium-heavy armor & shield for a tank build.

DDO is a game that favors specialization. It's hard to get a strong tank that still has good DPS, especially since you're asking for a first life build (if you have tons of PL's for HP/AC/PRR/MRR/etc it allows you to skimp on tanking a bit).

Generally leveling a tank goes one of three ways: 1) Find a party, tank for them, let them kill stuff. 2) Build as more of a DPS toon, and use a Lesser Heart/ETR at 30 to rebuild into your final tank. 3) Suffer slowly through leveling, as you have low DPS/AoE and take forever to kill stuff.

An Elite-viable tank that can trap is pretty doable; but being able to solo content as well makes it a lot more difficult. Like an Elite-solo Artificer I'd recommend using a Repeating Crossbow, but as a tank I'd recommend sword & board.

Finally, U45 messed up basically all the current tank builds; it'll be a little bit before they start settling down again. Just a heads up

With that out of the way, I'd like to ask a few questions:
    • Are you planning on using this as a leveling build, or are you making an alt to park at a certain level?
    • Do you want this toon to be a viable endgame tank for raids/Reaper/etc?
    • Do you have a bit of experience in DDO, or are you still new?
    • Are you F2P/Premium/VIP?
    • If not VIP, what classes do you have unlocked?
    • Which Iconics do you have access to? Particularly Bladeforged, given your interest in a Warforged Paladin.
    • Do you want to be Ravenloft-viable? Sharn-on-Elite-at-level? Slave Lords?
    • Do you have a main toon that can farm gear for this one?
    • How serious are you about tanking vs just being tanky?
    • Do you want to be soloing Heroic Elite, or Epic Elite; or both? Heroic Elite is pretty comparable to Epic Hard, and Epic Elite is a huge step up past that.

On to my immediate build ideas (which I'll happily flesh out more once I know more).

15/4/1 Artificer/Paladin/Wizard is a fairly common tank split, using Renegade Mastermaker; there's a few variants floating around, but this thread gets the idea a bit. U45 messed up all tank

18/2 Paladin/Rogue seems decent as well; with Paladin saves you could easily ditch armor for fantastic Evasion when trapping (as needed), and just throw it back on afterwards. THF via KotC for soloing, or S&B via Vanguard for CC, or just heavy investment in Sacred Defender with whatever for tanking. Allows a lot more respec options, which I'm fond of. Would really like Bladeforged, but should be alright with Warforged as long as you grab a few Healer's Bounty enhancements. Vanguard would be like this build from Strimtom, but starting with Rogue 1 and taking a second level around 10ish and without Tiefling. Should be solid though

Here's a slightly older 15/4/1 Paladin/Rogue/Fighter from Unbongwah, using SWF; it'd be an off-tank, but should do alright. His comments on the 2nd page include some modernization.

Honestly though, I think you'd do pretty well as a Enlightened Spirit tanklock; 18/2 Warlock/Rogue or 15/3/2 Warlock/Paladin/Rogue - 18/2 has more damage, 15/3/2 is a bunch tankier. You'd run mostly like any other auralock, but you'd be maxing Con > Cha > Int probably instead of the usual.

-----

I'll update more when I hear back from ya Let me know if any of those sound interesting or not at all
    Last edited by SpartanKiller13; 02-28-2020 at 09:30 AM.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.

Default WF Fighter/Artificer

Quote Originally Posted by Nimnor View Post
    Hey, I've been toying with this build idea for a few hours now and so far I was thinking of going 12 Fighter and 6 Artificer and I was thinking of using this stat spreadsheet for a 32 point 1st lifer and what would be some EEs that would go will with this build?

Str 16
    Dex 12
    Con 16 or 18
    Int 15
    Wis 6
    Cha 6
    Sorry, what are the EE's you're mentioning? EE to me means Epic Elite

Warforged? Not sure how you're getting those stats otherwise. Artificer 6's healing will be falling off mid-teens probably; you won't have burst healing, although you can probably top up between fights.

12/6 Fighter/Artificer, what are you after? Artificer implies runearm, so maybe something with SWF? Or is it a crossbow build for Fighter PL? Or THF because of the update?

If you're going Artificer, do you have access to Harper Agent? Might be worth going fully Int-based if you do. Harper Agent gives Int-to-Hit & Int-to-Damage as well as Know the Angles, which is a pretty solid buff to DPS & tactics DC's (like Stunning blow). If you're going that way, might consider THF for the multi-stuns available. Or Renegade Mastermaker for the punches Since Fighter also gets Tactics bonuses, you could probably have very solid CC effects

I'd love to help ya more, can you tell me a bit of what you're aiming for? Thanks
    -Khysiria of Cannith

Community Member

Sorry, what are the EE's you're mentioning? EE to me means Epic Elite

Warforged? Not sure how you're getting those stats otherwise. Artificer 6's healing will be falling off mid-teens probably; you won't have burst healing, although you can probably top up between fights.

12/6 Fighter/Artificer, what are you after? Artificer implies runearm, so maybe something with SWF? Or is it a crossbow build for Fighter PL? Or THF because of the update?

If you're going Artificer, do you have access to Harper Agent? Might be worth going fully Int-based if you do. Harper Agent gives Int-to-Hit & Int-to-Damage as well as Know the Angles, which is a pretty solid buff to DPS & tactics DC's (like Stunning blow). If you're going that way, might consider THF for the multi-stuns available. Or Renegade Mastermaker for the punches Since Fighter also gets Tactics bonuses, you could probably have very solid CC effects

I'd love to help ya more, can you tell me a bit of what you're aiming for? Thanks
    Sorry I meant 12 fighter and 8 Art and yes I do have Harper agent I was hoping to use the repairs spells so I don't have worry about the healing penalty on Warforged and I was thinking of ether picking up some THF feats and maybe pick exotic weapons for bastard swords I could still use a shield

Quote Originally Posted by Nimnor View Post
    Sorry I meant 12 Fighter and 8 Arti; and yes I do have Harper Agent. I was hoping to use the repairs spells so I don't have worry about the healing penalty on Warforged, and I was thinking of picking up some THF feats and maybe picking up exotic weapon proficiency for bastard swords so I could still use a shield.
    If you have Harper Agent, I'd definitely recommend going Int-based then it'll also make trapping a lot easier (less gear invested etc). You'll still need 15-17 Strength for THF feats, but no need for any gear/investment past that.

For a statline I'd probably do:

• 16 Str (at level 12 put your ability bonus here to qualify for ITHF)
    • 8 Dex (only matters for Open Lock, Insightful Reflexes covers your saves)
    • 16 Con
    • 18 Int (all ability bonus points other than level 12 go here)
    • 6 Wis
    • 6 Cha

If you go into Renegade Mastermaker and grab the Reconstruct SLA (remember to right-click icon and set Quicken to always on), you can probably do pretty well with self-healing. Your other spells will fall off as you level (you're only 40% caster) but if you keep up with Repair Amp and Repair Spellpower/Lore you should be pretty decent there.

You might consider using a Runearm sometimes; the passive imbue is nice, and Mighty Slam in RMM sounds nice.

Fighter/Arti has all the feats you could want. Literally just grab them all. You'll have 7 Fighter bonus feats, two Artificer Bonus Feats, and 7 feats from leveling.

THF x3, EWP:Bastard Swords, Precision, Shield Mastery x2, Power Attack > Cleave > GCleave (use Precision though, it's more DPS), Adamantine Body, Insightful Reflexes, Quicken Spell, Extend Spell (QoL); and you still have 2 feats leftover. Stunning Blow, Tactics, Heavy Armor Mastery, WF, whatever Also can easily ditch feats if you want different stuff (ditch PA line, for instance).

Level order doesn't seem super important. You want to start with Artificer first, to get skill points into trapping skills; I'd probably just go for Artificer 4, investing in Harper > RMM & somewhat into Battle Engineer. Probably Fighter ~6 or so next, get all the feats (4 AP into Kensei for Haste Boost, 6 AP into Stalwart Defender for 25 PRR/MRR), and then Artificer to 6 (6/6 at level 12, so you can try out the T5's - Kensei is probably best DPS, RMM best tank, Battle Engineer giving some fun options). I'd probably finish out Arti then

It's a fairly flexible build, allowing you to get tankier/more utility/more DPS with just a few respecs/regearing.

Looks fun!
    -Khysiria of Cannith

Community Member

Default Help With Idea?

So, I like this idea but I'm not sure how to go about it. See, I'm a super robot style fan. I like the idea of robots. That brought me to Warforged.

The idea I had was some sort of steam punk robot tromping around in DDO with the ability to use a hand cannon and still go bare knuckle fighting.

I'm just blank on how to implement it as I'm a returning player here. What do you guys recommend to make this a reality? I don't care if it's optimized or not so long as it's fun and able to team up here and there with others. Please help?

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukendo View Post
    The idea I had was some sort of steam punk robot tromping around in DDO with the ability to use a hand cannon and still go bare knuckle fighting.
    "Hand cannon" suggests Runearm while "bare knuckle" in DDO means an unarmed monk. So the good news is monk / Artificer is possible. The bad news is equipping a Runearm will uncenter you, thus disabling most of your monk-y abilities. Also handwraps are treated like 2H weapons in DDO, so it's not like you can put handwraps on your mainhand and a Runearm in your offhand anyway.

Now you could make a build which uses handwraps for melee, switches to a Runearm to shoot at an enemy, then switch back to wraps. In practice, though, this is far from ideal. Runearms by themselves aren't the most important DPS contributor even to a pure Artificer; and the deeper you multiclass, the worse your Runearm damage gets. Also there's not really any synergies between the Shintao and Battle Engineer trees, which would be the primary trees for unarmed and Runearms, respectively.

So you're far better off sticking with a conventional melee Artificer like Strimtom's, rather than trying to marry two combat styles which have no synergies in DDO.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    "Hand cannon" suggests Runearm while "bare knuckle" in DDO means an unarmed monk. So the good news is monk / Artificer is possible. The bad news is equipping a Runearm will uncenter you, thus disabling most of your monk-y abilities. Also handwraps are treated like 2H weapons in DDO, so it's not like you can put handwraps on your mainhand and a Runearm in your offhand anyway.

Now you could make a build which uses handwraps for melee, switches to a Runearm to shoot at an enemy, then switch back to wraps. In practice, though, this is far from ideal. Runearms by themselves aren't the most important DPS contributor even to a pure Artificer; and the deeper you multiclass, the worse your Runearm damage gets. Also there's not really any synergies between the Shintao and Battle Engineer trees, which would be the primary trees for unarmed and Runearms, respectively.

So you're far better off sticking with a conventional melee Artificer like Strimtom's, rather than trying to marry two combat styles which have no synergies in DDO.
    Drat. So no real way to make this work out at all?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukendo View Post
    Drat. So no real way to make this work out at all?
    This one is odd but can be made to work non-optimally. Ok so what you need to know is that unarmed is TWF, except when it is druid animal form, when it is natural fighting, and it uses either your natural animal form weapon or natural fist weapon, so it isn't really unarmed.

So you just need a runearm offhand for your hand cannon, nothing main hand to use fist weapon, twf feats, and a buncha on-hit damage to deal damage, such as an EK toggle from wizard or sorc to enhance that fist weapon, which will also give you repair spells to fix your WF.

2 arti, 18 wiz, wf ek twf brawler

Dex for twf feats, int for casting. Start with mithral body since WF reduces ASF for it, then swap to adamantine body when EK reduces it the rest of the way to 0.
    Decent con for hp in melee.
    AP in EK, some in wf and RM for repair amp and more cleaves, and off you go. Then some fan of knives. Start with strength to hit and damage and get int from EK to hit at some point. Int to hit and damage and KTA from harper last.

Use wizard free feats for quicken, spell focus enchant, and spell pen to CC stuffs.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 03-03-2020 at 03:51 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    This one is odd but can be made to work non-optimally. Ok so what you need to know is that unarmed is TWF, except when it is druid animal form, when it is natural fighting, and it uses either your natural animal form weapon or natural fist weapon, so it isn't really unarmed.

So you just need a runearm offhand for your hand cannon, nothing main hand to use fist weapon, twf feats, and a buncha on-hit damage to deal damage, such as an EK toggle from wizard or sorc to enhance that fist weapon, which will also give you repair spells to fix your WF.

2 arti, 18 wiz, wf ek twf brawler

Dex for twf feats, int for casting. Start with mithral body since WF reduces ASF for it, then swap to adamantine body when EK reduces it the rest of the way to 0.
    Decent con for hp in melee.
    AP in EK, some in wf and RM for repair amp and more cleaves, and off you go. Then some fan of knives. Start with strength to hit and damage and get int from EK to hit at some point. Int to hit and damage and KTA from harper last.

Use wizard free feats for quicken, spell focus enchant, and spell pen to CC stuffs.
    Okay, I like this idea.

So two questions are:

Whether or not an Eldritch Knight can equip handwraps or whatever fist weapons we have?

Should I be keeping the Artificer to just a measely 2 whenever most of my Rune Arm damage is there?

I've been experimenting with the Maverick Hunter build since I first posted and that was pointed out to me, and I have to say I like my Iron Defender pet so far. I'm considering how best to do this since it almost seems like the EK might just be an add on more than the Artificer from the little research I'm doing. I'm definitely open to suggestions, builds, or anything else on this.

Also, any ideas on what to call this if it works? Gundam doesn't fit 'cause it's an arm cannon. I'm tempted on Mega Man, but also not fitting since good ol' Mega don't go around punching stuff.

Community Member

You can't use handwraps and a handcannon, since handwraps take both hands, and a handcannon takes one.

You can use nothing and a handcannon, and fight twf with your natural fist weapon. You don't equip natural weapons, it just is your hands in humanoid or claws/bite in animal form! You can take more or even go pure artificer levels, and runearms will deal more damage, and your melee will deal less.

I think you can also keep scroll main hand and fight twf with natural fist weapon. This would let you do things like scroll blast rod or reconstruct as you play.

Good luck with names, I always think of good ones after I've already made the build, but by then it is too late!
    Last edited by Tilomere; 03-03-2020 at 10:43 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    You can't use handwraps and a handcannon, since handwraps take both hands, and a handcannon takes one.

You can use nothing and a handcannon, and fight twf with your natural fist weapon. You don't equip natural weapons, it just is your hands in humanoid or claws/bite in animal form! You can take more or even go pure artificer levels, and runearms will deal more damage, and your melee will deal less.

I think you can also keep scroll main hand and fight twf with natural fist weapon. This would let you do things like scroll blast rod or reconstruct as you play.

Good luck with names, I always think of good ones after I've already made the build, but by then it is too late!
    Interesting! That makes this all the more challenging, I think. Especially as it's going to rely on Eldritch Knight and Battle Engineer to do the major damage. I like this challenge and will endeavour to try to build this. If I can grind up to 20, anyways.

Default Iconic Bladefordged

Hi,

This may be asking a bit much. If more specifics are needed, let me know. Otherwise, have fun, Thanks!

An iconic Bladeforged with a warfordged past life. Bump up the stats to 32-34 point build, with a scaling +8 Supreme Tome to All Attributes. Past life has full spectrum of Legendary Dreadnaught~ with twists if you want. Run with it.

?
    Searching the soul. ?
    #searchsoul

Quote Originally Posted by StromReich View Post
    Hi,

This may be asking a bit much. If more specifics are needed, let me know. Otherwise, have fun, Thanks!

An iconic Bladeforged with a warforged past life. Bump up the stats to 32-34 point build, with a scaling +8 Supreme Tome to All Attributes. Past life has full spectrum of Legendary Dreadnaught~ with twists if you want. Run with it.
    The Wiki page for Reincarnation is really good. It includes a diagram that might explain this better than I can, but you won't get a Warforged Racial PL via the Bladeforged Iconic race (Iconic TR would get you a Bladeforged PL and a Heroic PL for whatever class had majority, but there's no option for Racial PL for Bladeforged).

I'd be happy to help you with a Bladeforged or Warforged build, but they're not the same thing

As far as specifics that will be helpful to us:
    • Do you want a melee, ranged, or caster toon?
    • Do you want to be able to self-heal, heal, tank, do traps, CC, etc?
    • Is this a toon that's just after that Warforged PL?
    • Do you care about epic content?
    • Do you have gear/PL's available?
    • Are you willing to farm out a little gear in advance, on a higher-level toon?
    • What difficulty do you typically run on/what difficulty do you want to run on?
    • Do you want a solo build or a party build?

I mean I can easily recommend a THF Paladin (for melee), Artificer (for ranged), or Sorcerer (for caster) as either Warforged or Bladeforged. Would work fine, but I want a build that you'll enjoy, not just one that works
    -Khysiria of Cannith

The Wiki page for Reincarnation is really good. It includes a diagram that might explain this better than I can, but you won't get a Warforged Racial PL via the Bladeforged Iconic race (Iconic TR would get you a Bladeforged PL and a Heroic PL for whatever class had majority, but there's no option for Racial PL for Bladeforged).

I'd be happy to help you with a Bladeforged or Warforged build, but they're not the same thing

As far as specifics that will be helpful to us:
    • Do you want a melee, ranged, or caster toon?
    • Do you want to be able to self-heal, heal, tank, do traps, CC, etc?
    • Is this a toon that's just after that Warforged PL?
    • Do you care about epic content?
    • Do you have gear/PL's available?
    • Are you willing to farm out a little gear in advance, on a higher-level toon?
    • What difficulty do you typically run on/what difficulty do you want to run on?
    • Do you want a solo build or a party build?

I mean I can easily recommend a THF Paladin (for melee), Artificer (for ranged), or Sorcerer (for caster) as either Warforged or Bladeforged. Would work fine, but I want a build that you'll enjoy, not just one that works
    Used a Epic Heart of Blood at lvl 20 Barb (2) Epic Legendary Dreadnaught. Self healing on a WF tank was futile. Instead of picking another race, I selected Bladeforged, from Iconic Builds, and started over as a level 15 Pally. With +6 items enchanting every attribute, they are Str 30 Dex 22 Con 34 Int 20 Wis 20 Cha 24 571HP 423SP AC 122 +2 Saves: Fort 40 Ref 31 Will 27 BAB +15 +10% Dub Strike +20% Strike-through +10% Melee Attk speed Spell Resistance 33 Fort 183% PRR 125 MR95 (Boosted to the gills) Just dosnt hit as hard as Id like em too.

?
    Searching the soul. ?
    #searchsoul

Do you want a melee, ranged, or caster toon? I'd prefer using spells to enhance skills, feats, or enhancements/both.
    Do you want to be able to self-heal, heal, tank, do traps, CC, etc? Some healing, decent solo ability
    Is this a toon that's just after that Warforged PL? Yes
    Do you care about epic content? Yup
    Do you have gear/PL's available? Indeed
    Are you willing to farm out a little gear in advance, on a higher-level toon? I can ( Max lvl 18 atm)
    What difficulty do you typically run on/what difficulty do you want to run on? lvl 20. I took a break for years and just returned to the game roughly 2-3 weeks ago or more. I can solo the anniversary quest at lvl 18 (barely) I couldnt find a group because my old WF barb was too multi classed and without healing, so I re-specced and eventually just reworked all together. Still havnt been in a group larger than me and two others. Hope ppl still play pugs.
    Do you want a solo build or a party build?

?
    Searching the soul. ?
    #searchsoul

Used a Epic Heart of Blood at lvl 20 Barb (2) Epic Legendary Dreadnought. Self healing on a WF tank was futile. Instead of picking another race, I selected Bladeforged, from Iconic Builds, and started over as a level 15 Pally. With +6 items enchanting every attribute, they are Str 30 Dex 22 Con 34 Int 20 Wis 20 Cha 24 571HP 423SP AC 122 +2 Saves: Fort 40 Ref 31 Will 27 BAB +15 +10% Dub Strike +20% Strike-through +10% Melee Attack speed Spell Resistance 33 Fort 183% PRR 125 MR95 (Boosted to the gills) Just doesn't hit as hard as Id like em too.
    Do you want a melee, ranged, or caster toon? I'd prefer using spells to enhance skills, feats, or enhancements/both.
    Do you want to be able to self-heal, heal, tank, do traps, CC, etc? Some healing, decent solo ability
    Is this a toon that's just after that Warforged PL? Yes
    Do you care about epic content? Yup
    Do you have gear/PL's available? Indeed
    Are you willing to farm out a little gear in advance, on a higher-level toon? I can ( Max lvl 18 atm)
    What difficulty do you typically run on/what difficulty do you want to run on? lvl 20. I took a break for years and just returned to the game roughly 2-3 weeks ago or more. I can solo the anniversary quest at lvl 18 (barely) I couldn't find a group because my old WF barb was too multi classed and without healing, so I re-specced and eventually just reworked all together. Still haven't been in a group larger than me and two others. Hope ppl still play pugs.
    There are Heroic True Hearts of Blood, that will TR a non-Iconic (into whatever fresh toon) and give a racial PL; there are Epic Heart of Wood that take you from 30 to 20 and give an Epic PL. Sounds like you used a Heroic True Heart of Blood from 20, gaining a Racial PL, and TR'ed into a new toon - an Iconic Bladeforged.

Warforged and Bladeforged are not the same thing. Bladeforged is similar to being an upgraded version of Warforged, but they TR differently. Bladeforged is an Iconic class, starting at level 15 and ETR/ITRing at 30. Warforged is a normal race, starting at 1 and can HTR/RTR at 20, or ETR at 30 back to 20. Here's a handy diagram that will explain this.

Ok so you're currently on a level 15 Bladeforged Paladin, correct? As an Iconic, there's currently no way for you to get a Racial PL. You'll need to hit 30, Iconic TR (using an Iconic True Heart of Wood, which will give you a Paladin PL and a Bladeforged PL), and start at level 1 as a Warforged; level that back up to 20, and then use a Heroic True Heart of Blood to Racial Reincarnate and gain your Warforged PL.

So my understanding is that you're looking for a build from 16-30? Given you're Paladin 15 already. Is that the case? What feats do you have?

Frankly I'd recommend sticking with Paladin, just go pure till 20. THF would be ideal, but you've already made most of your build choices by 15 so you'll probably be fairly stuck with it unless you want to use a Lesser Heart of Wood +0 to respec.

Assuming you're not Sword & Board, you'll probably want to go:
    • 41 AP Knight of the Chalice (Capstone, T5; Cleaves, Divine Might, etc)
    • 25 AP Sacred Defender (25 PRR/MRR stance, Core 4, 10% movespeed, +6 Str/Con)
    • 14 AP Bladeforged (Communion of Scribing, Mechanist, Great Weapon Aptitude)

You'll have a ton of self-healing via Reconstruct, and decent tankiness via Sacred Defender. DPS from KotC, with Holy Sword + Zeal + Righteous Command as spell buff damage.

Do you have access to Ravenloft or Sharn? Either would be a great spot to farm some gear out. ML15 Sharn gear can get you +11 to stats pretty reasonably, which is a big step up from the +6's you listed. Everything else rises commensurately.

What weapon are you using? Do you have Deadly/Seeker gear? Are you using Divine Might?

Quest Difficulty Settings are Normal, Hard, Elite, and Reaper (1-10 skulls). That's what I was asking when I wanted to know what difficulty you run. Different difficulties require different things; like Reaper penalizes self-healing, so you either invest more or give up on that.

Your Strikethrough seems a bit low. Do you have Two-Handed Fighting feats (THF, Improved THF, Greater THF)?

Welcome back to DDO There are definitely still plenty of PUG's and PUGgers. Some servers are more active than others (Orien & Cannith are the busiest, Wayfinder is pretty empty); some servers are more focused towards certain timezones (Ghallanda has a bunch of EU players, for instance); and Hardcore Server is temporarily available so for the next week or two there'll be a bit fewer players in the main servers.
    -Khysiria of Cannith

Page 197 of 231 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207 ... LastLast