Page 195 of 231 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,900 of 4618
    Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shadowz7137 View Post
    After trying different things, what I got into most was Monk and quarterstaff.

What I am currently thinking is a Henshin Mystic Monk 32 point first life. Any race but Halflings and Warforged (They look wrong to me.) Maybe some Rogue for Thief Acrobat? 1-20 with no tomes (Unless you count the favor tomes later down the road, those I can do). Human maybe? Think Dwarf would look funny as a Monk too.

Thank you. And sorry if this post is all over the place, spent the last several hours going through forums. Bad idea on my part.
    I think that most stick builds are pure Henshin Monk 20, Rogue/Monk 18/2, or some 8/6/6 mix. Like here's a quick breakdown of an Aasimar Monk 20 that's part of a relevant Reddit post. Here's a fairly interesting thread covering a bunch of other options like Tilo's Sound Burst or 18/2 with Wizard.

Do you own Falconry? It's very good for Monk-heavy builds, as it allows you to Wis-max very easily which makes everything simpler. You're also looking for a 1-20 build, so I wouldn't worry as much about builds that peak later (so definitely consider dipping a few Rogue levels etc).
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Community Member

I need to ask, does Rogue work better than Monk for staffs? Thief Acrobat seems to be more pure staff, while Henshin Mystic feels more like staffs are an after thought. If that is the case, would either pure Rogue or Rogue with some Monk or Fighter be better?

Or possibly even Fighter with some Rogue or Monk. Mixing Kensei with Thief Acrobat could have interesting results.
    Last edited by shadowz7137; 09-05-2019 at 04:09 AM.

Community Member

Post LF Solo Mechanic for Noobs

Hi!

Starting DDO again after a few years off I would like try out a mechanic to solo heroic and epic content.

I will have a 36 pt char, I have tomes but I guess all old gear is outdated by now.
    No need for speed runs or reaper, I just wish to solo as much content as possible.

Can someone point me to a solo-friendly build, please?
    I would prefer pure rogue, if viable.

Thanks in advance to all answers.

Community Member drunkbarbarian's Avatar

Default Barbarian Knife Fighter

Just looking for a fun flavor build for a Barb. Thinking that Vistani would be a little different for a Barb. I like the raging feral human with knives idea. I have epic completionist and +8 tomes. No racial points. (just haven't bothered to ride the heroic tr train). Could multi if needed but would like at least 17 barb. (too lazy for constant lesser rest pots). Thanks for any upcoming ideas.

Community Member

Default Bard for Reaper

Trying to be helpful to groups and good solo like the great Vincio. ->https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHz...Z2xt0zdkIIra7A

18 bard 1 fighter 1 fvs, classic pdk build, with tier5 warchanter, falconry for helpless damage, core 3 swashbuckler and warsoul for divine presence. Using swf and shield mastery lines.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxParill View Post
    Hi!

Starting DDO again after a few years off I would like try out a mechanic to solo heroic and epic content.

I will have a 36 pt char, I have tomes but I guess all old gear is outdated by now.
    No need for speed runs or reaper, I just wish to solo as much content as possible.

Can someone point me to a solo-friendly build, please?
    I would prefer pure rogue, if viable.

Thanks in advance to all answers.
    Heya! Sorry for the delay, I went on vacation and apparently so did the other builders :P

I mean if you want pure Rogue Mechanic, you have 90% of your build already, no?

Race-wise, Int/Dex bonus races are nice, short races get nice IPS, and Human is nice for bonus feats; but I think the best race is Gnome if you have access. Color Spray is super strong, and since you're not running Reaper etc you should be able to get useful DC's quite easily (and 12 casts/rest from just airship's 25 SP).

Stat-wise, you need 19 Dex (stat+tomes) by level 15 for IPS, and if you want to go epics I'd recommend 21 Dex by level 21 (for Combat Archery). Otherwise, max Int (with level-ups), get like 10 Str (for carrying capacity), and throw the rest at Con for HP.

Feat-wise, Point-Blank Shot > Rapid Reload > Insightful Reflexes > Precise Shot > Improved Critical:Ranged > Improved Precise Shot. Everything else is cake (Rapid Shot seems to only increase flight speed of projectiles?). Magical Training if you want infinite Color Sprays (as a Gnome). Dodge > Mobility can be nice as well.

Rogue Special Abilities I'd do: Improved Evasion > Slippery Mind > Defensive Roll > Opportunist (you won't have enough Fort bypass to matter before epics).

Enhancements - 3 AP into Harper for Strategic Combat 1, then Max Mechanic; afterwards, racial or universal trees (Falconry is pretty nice, as is Harper if you have SP items to fuel KtA).

What else are ya missing?

Quote Originally Posted by drunkbarbarian View Post
    Just looking for a fun flavor build for a Barb. Thinking that Vistani would be a little different for a Barb. I like the raging feral human with knives idea. I have epic completionist and +8 tomes. No racial points. (just haven't bothered to ride the heroic tr train). Could multi if needed but would like at least 17 barb. (too lazy for constant lesser rest pots). Thanks for any upcoming ideas.
    Well, if you run WF you don't need lesser resto pots either or you could do Cleric/FvS 4+ and use Ameliorating to cure it... but you asked human sooooo

If you're 17 Barbarian, might as well go for 20? Swashbuckling SWF for +1 range isn't worth the loss of dropping TWF line lol.

So Human Barbarian 20 (I still would have gone WF lol).

Stat-wise you need like 12 starting Dex (unless you want to get GTWF at 21 lol); otherwise max Str > Con > else.

Feat-wise: TWF x3, IC:Piercing, Power Attack (w/Barbarian bonuses it's often worth using). Grab a bunch of +MP feats (like Weapon Focus) or whatever else you want lol. One Toughness to qual for Epic Toughness is also alright.
    Epic feats: Overwhelming Critical, Construct Exemplar (for MRR), Epic DR (PRR), Epic Toughness. Drop one for Blinding Speed if your gearing doesn't have Speed involved.
    Destiny feats: PTWF > Elusive Target (or Frog if you swap for it) > Dire Charge.
    Legendary feat: Arborea (low-effort success).

Enhancements: 41 VKF (T5, Capstone). 31 AP into your favorite Barbarian tree (FB for best damage, OS for best survivability). If you didn't pick FB, 8 AP for Blood Tribute. Otherwise, put them in OS for Ear Smash & +8 PRR.

Otherwise you could do some shenanigans with FB or Ravager T5 alongside VKF Core 5 (for better crit profile and self-healing) with either capstone, but I think you'd lose quite a bit by dropping the VKF T5; and the VKF capstone is pretty nutty DPS bonus so that's also hard to drop. But like FB's capstone would be a great DPS button, especially if you went FB capstone + VKF T5 (push all the temporary boosts and destroy stuff). +25 Storm Rage +10 Blessed Blades +1/+1 crits Vendetta +Death Frenzy + Prowess Haste boost (twist from LD) all before Melee Power multipliers = yeah, dead stuff.

I'd probably respec around a few times to try stuff out but I think VKF T5 with Blood Feast/Affirmation swap and Blood Tribute active would be best survivability.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.

Community Member

Default Lf swf build with good dps and solo capabilities

As the title says, looking for a SWF build with good (or very good dps hehe) with the ability to solo medium to high reapers (maybe even r10? lol). Dont know if that is possible lol

EDIT> this one looks cool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qNtybCb6qY&t=761s
    Last edited by Mitsu0mi; 10-09-2019 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu0mi View Post
    As the title says, looking for...
    Is it safe to assume this is a 3rd life build? What races/classes do you have? Tomes? You know... what building blocks are available?

with the ability to solo medium to high reapers (maybe even r10? lol). Dont know if that is possible lol
    80% of high-reaper success is player ability and knowledge. Without that, no build will survive. GL.

Community Member

I think i have like 10 past lives and +8 tomes on everything, sorry for the lack of info hehe

As the title says, looking for a SWF build with good (or very good dps hehe) with the ability to solo medium to high reapers (maybe even r10? lol). Dont know if that is possible lol

EDIT> this one looks cool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qNtybCb6qY&t=761s
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Is it safe to assume this is a 3rd life build? What races/classes do you have? Tomes? You know... what building blocks are available?

80% of high-reaper success is player ability and knowledge. Without that, no build will survive. GL.
    I think i have like 10 past lives and +8 tomes on everything, sorry for the lack of info hehe
    Melee soloing R7+ is quite difficult. You'll probably need quite a few more PL's & Reaper points (just for the stats) as well as a lot of good gear and gear swaps (like Affirmation, Blood Feast, clickies etc). Racial PL's for extra AP, and EPL's for extra twist points are also quite important.

To solo high Reaper, you need: solid CC, great DPS, decent survivability, and at least a bit of self-healing.

That said, that video done by Vincio is the only one I know of for Bard, and Grim is one of the more commonly soloed R10 quests; but don't let that detract from the accomplishment. Otherwise I've seen a bunch of Monk soloes, this Tempest cheese run of Amber pre-nerf, and this one which is some sort of VKF Rogue (and took 25 tries to get this video).

See if you can emulate Vincio's build, and you'll probably have what you're after Warchanter T5 obvs, full Ice DC's and a bunch of Swashbuckling for DPS on the side. But like he gains 998 HP (with EDF) from stepping into Reaper, if that tells you anything about how many points he has.

Edit:

Here's a useful thread active on the main forums right now. Not as much about R10, but about Bards endgame etc.
    Last edited by SpartanKiller13; 10-10-2019 at 02:12 PM.
    -Khysiria of Cannith

Community Member

I would try to emulate t, but i have no idea about feats, stats, gear and stuff. Im returning to the game so most of the stuff on his hotbar means nothing to me lol. I dont know if he uses str for damage or put lvling into cha or what lol. Sry about needing so much hand holding e-e

I would try to emulate t, but i have no idea about feats, stats, gear and stuff. Im returning to the game so most of the stuff on his hotbar means nothing to me lol. I dont know if he uses str for damage or put lvling into cha or what lol. Sry about needing so much hand holding e-e
    Hmm, on further looking it seems like he has Divine Presence, so at least FvS 1 = no Bard pure. Has Hellish Rebuke, so probably a Tiefling Scoundrel.

Feats: SWF x3, Precision, Quicken, Improved Critical, Force of Personality.
    Epic Feats: Overwhelming Critical, Shield Mastery, Epic DR, Improved Shield Mastery - could also get Toughness/Epic Toughness, or Completionist, or SF:Enchantment to allow Magister DC twist.
    Destiny Feats: Perfect SWF, Perfect TWF (for Doublestrike), Dire Charge.
    Legendary Feat: Scion of Ethereal (with lots of Hide it's best DPS option) or Feywild (for DC's) or Celestial (for HP).

Stats: Cha max (you NEED good DC's and most of those are Cha based), then Con (HP) > Str (to-hit, you'd be using Different Tack for Cha-to-damage).

Gear idk. Looks like Part of the Family set from Sharn (seems like Family's Blessing, Legendary Hammerfist, and probably Legendary Wildcard). I think it looks like the Legendary Crabshell Buckler, but mostly make sure it's Guardbreaking. Weapon I think is Legendary Salt, if you read the combat log at 16:53? Make sure you have Stunning & Insightful Stunning items, and then just make sure you have all the usual stuff: stats, deadly, seeker, speed, hamp, devotion, dodge, fortification, incorporeality, sheltering, resistance, parrying, spell saves, etc etc. LGS Affirmation swap weapon, stack of Displacement clickies, Spell Points clickies (Mysterious Bauble is a lot easier to get than his ERoSS lol), stat swap items, and a lot of stuff like spell absorption items.

Frankly if you don't have the majority of the stuff already, by the time you get to R10 area you'll have had plenty of time to farm it and new stuff will have come out, so your endgame gear will be different than what I'm guessing he was using.
    -Khysiria of Cannith

Community Member

TY SO MUUUUUUUUCH!!!! Which starting stats would you recommend? :O

TY SO MUUUUUUUUCH!!!! Which starting stats would you recommend? :O
    Glad to help! Sorry I can't tell you more lol.

36-point with +8 tomes? I'd probably do 18 Cha, 16 Con, and 16 Str before racial modifiers (20 Cha if Tiefling Scoundrel). Could also go 18/12 for Con/Str, but idk if +2 Con or +2 to-hit is worth more to you lol. +8 tome covers a lot of minor sins in terms of build points.

I keep feeling like he must have some source of Cha-to-hit, but I can't figure out where from lol. FvS requires it to be your majority class and he's not PDK for CKT; but the attack rolls are pretty nuts for an off-stat IMO. Potentially Sorcerer EK? But seems like a costly 3-level dip as well lol.

While surfing this thread, I came across the idea for 16/3/1 Bard/Fighter/FvS using PDK's CKT plus Divine Presence which I'd probably recommend over Vincio's build while you're new to endgame. You can get crazy tactics DC's a lot easier if you're willing to use shortswords etc, given the 1.58 multiplier on Cha to Tactics (+1/3 from CKT, +1/2 from DPresence). Would also allow you to ditch Str for 18/18 Cha/Con starting, as you'll be a full Cha build (I'll probably use it for my Bard life when I get around to that lol). It's a good thread though, I'd recommend skimming it.
    -Khysiria of Cannith

Community Member

He does have 80 str or something lol. I cant thank you enough for your help. You are awesome!

He does have 80 str or something lol. I cant thank you enough for your help. You are awesome!
    Oh, ok then I just saw huge numbers and look at how much I struggle to get more than one stat to big numbers :P there's a reason I don't solo R10 and he does!

Thanks and good luck!
    -Khysiria of Cannith

Community Member

Default Build for a New Vip Player for solo

I'm looking for something that would be a solid main character - one I can develop to endgame content.
    Aiming at something that can take care of traps and solo a bit as well.
    I was playing with Pale Trapper (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-Wizard-Rogue)) but I'd like to see some alternatives.
    I can consider getting non-vip classes/races if I'll like the build idea. How well some mele-oriented spellcasters go with endgame solo?
    Aiming at smooth experience solo so probably no glass cannons.
    Last edited by MorkMark; 10-24-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MorkMark View Post
    I'm looking for something that would be a solid main character - one I can develop to endgame content.
    Aiming at something that can take care of traps and solo a bit as well.
    I was playing with Pale Trapper (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-Wizard-Rogue)) but I'd like to see some alternatives.
    I can consider getting non-vip classes/races if I'll like the build idea. How well some mele-oriented spellcasters go with endgame solo?
    Aiming at smooth experience solo so probably no glass cannons.
    I'm going to throw a lot of thoughts out, and if there's some that seem fun comment and I'll be happy to provide more details. Also, do you definitely want to melee or is that just an option?

If you want traps, you need Rogue/Arti 1 (usually Rogue 2 for Evasion as well); solo means you need some source of self-healing, and ranged toons do better (because you take less damage). Getting trap skills high enough favors Int-based toons, so you're looking at Harper Agent, Rogue, Arti, or Wizard as main choices. Gnome/Deep Gnome would be ideal races if possible; Color Spray is disgustingly good CC for any Int-based character, especially melees.

Spellcasting in melee is mostly reserved for Eldritch Knights; every other melee caster is mostly self-buffing and then hitting stuff (usually with heals to throw as well). They're pretty strong, but you'd probably end up as a 18/2 Wizard/Rogue who's at least moderately invested in PM so that might be a bit too similar to a Pale Trapper. Druid animal form builds sorta count, but they're more like active attacks than spells.

For meleeing as a caster, you want some source of +1/+1 crits and some decent stat-to-hit & damage. If you're not interested in combat casting you don't need your casting stat to be high, as it's just fueling spell points at that point. Paladin can get Holy Sword with 14 levels, but it's super Cha-focused and I don't think it'd do traps well (Str/Con/Cha/Int all necessary lol). Also due for a rework this year or early next, so I'd put it off until then. Cleric has War Domain for Holy Sword @14, or Animal Domain if you can source your crits elsewhere (14/6 with Fighter is pretty fun, but no traps). Fighter 6 has Kensei which solves all your crit troubles. Wizard/Sorc EK also works, but again I'm avoiding that because you'll end up in Wraith form as a EK Pale Trapper lol.

If you're looking for endgame, maybe a 18/2 FvS/Rogue? You could go Warforged for immunities & a greatsword as your favored weapon, or non-WF with Knight's Training longswords as Sovereign Host (for Unyielding Sovereignty). Could do Int-based via Harper Agent (recommended if Gnome) or just Wis/Cha based thanks to FvS stuff (if you can get enough Int to trap). If you have Iconics you can run Silvanus as well which is a pretty solid option. Int-based has easier time trapping and will have great Color Sprays, but otherwise I'd go Wis/Cha and you get basically full FvS casting (Implosion, Destruction, Blade Barrier etc). Either way you have full BAB, +1/+1 crits in epics, Ameliorating Strike, etc as well as solid buffs and excellent heals (and a stack of bonus HP from FvS).

You could do an Int-based 14/x/2 Cleric/x/Rogue? Has many more multiclass options, like Warlock for ES aura (+Con in temps every 5 seconds) or Barbarian for Blood Tribute, runspeed, and Sprint Boosts.

If you're not after melee, any Inquisitive + Harper build will be just fine (Inquisitive costs 500 points if you don't have it, so pretty cheap). Pretty nutty DPS, and Harper allows you to Int-max which makes trapping easy. You'll be 41 AP Inq, 12 AP Harper, so you get like one class T4 and whatever else comes from your class. FvS or Animal Domain Cleric for a leap & off-casting + heals, Wizard for EK or PM, etc etc.

And of course any WF crossbow Artificer or a fleshy one with the Construct Essence lines will be fine. Self-heals and buffs for days. Melee Artificer I'd probably multiclass, but if you don't own it I wouldn't buy it for the melee If you can hit Int & trap skills swap items, you could also consider some Druid build. But again, if you don't own it I wouldn't grab it just for that, as you'll really want Falconry to boot.
    -Khysiria of Cannith

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    do you definitely want to melee or is that just an option?
    Actually Ranged would do fine as well. The reason, why I mentioned mele, is that when I was testing Pale Trapper it seemed to me like more often than not I run out of mana and then just do crappy dmg watching my Pale-Masters summon kill everything. I didn't like that aspect.

Sounds like I'd enjoy non-spellcasting class then? Well here's a problem - I like to have lots of stuff on my hotbars and mele/full ranged seems kinda like too much left-clicking.

For estetic reasons I coudn't play a gnome character. Nothing against shorties - just general feeling doesn't appeal to me. Warforged share similar problem with me.
    I really like how Dragonborns look like! Any builds that would fit a Dragonborn? I know it might seem a bit silly as it's like discussing buying a car based on the color but it's just how i feel like.

I'm not so convinced about FvS - their mele seems to be not that good.

Inquisitive + Harper sounds cool - I've looked over those trees for a bit and universal tree concept seems interesting.
    WF crossbow Artificer is ok without WF part. Can we make it with Dragonborn?
    Essentially I'm looking for something with below criteria:
    1. Magic or some sort of abilities palette that would make progression interesting. I don't want to left click through entire game. By that I mean it'd be cool but not necesairly if build incorporated something from: DC casting, DPS casting, CC, AOE, Heals. Anything to make usual right-click mele/ranged fights more interesting
    2. Trapping - for getting into those areas that require it. Plus Open Lock but I can live without it I guess.
    3. Ranged/Mele/something to do without spellpoints like Warlock blasts or Archmage Spell like Abilities... or maybe builds that never run out of spellpoints? - I don't want to just stand there looking at my summons doing the job or do awkward dmg with my wand when spellpoints deplete.
    4. No Warforged/Gnome
    5. Can take care of some endgame content solo, and won't be a tottal wuss in the party.
    6. Dragonborn race and Artificer class looks kinda cool but if it doesn't align with the build idea It's fine.
    Last edited by MorkMark; 10-25-2019 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MorkMark View Post
    ...Well here's a problem - I like to have lots of stuff on my hotbars and mele/full ranged seems kinda like too much left-clicking...
    With any build, learning the 1-0 numbers by touch is a YUGE advantage. Just sayin'.

Page 195 of 231 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205 ... LastLast