Page 189 of 231 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,780 of 4618
    Community Member

Any dwarf melee build works well in divine crusader. Unyielding you want to be not raged so you can use the renewal ability. Fatesinger is good for bards, so any warchanter build you find.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 03-01-2019 at 10:58 PM.

Community Member

Default Aasimar Iconic

Hey guys, looking for a good Aasimar Iconic pure tempest build or a good Scimitar Pure Ranger tempest one.

Thanks in advance!
    "...then the piper will lead us to reason."

Community Member

Race: Half-Orc
    Class : DPS FIGHTER/BARBARIAN

I was looking for a build that uses the half orc tree kensei tree and barbarian trees to synergy all 3
    couldn't find anything like this by searching

4. 03-05-2019, 11:44 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    This is just a matter of gear. R4 requires top end gear to solo, but can be done on any reasonable ranged build including: pure mechanic, endless fusillade, shurikens or bow 12 monk /6 ranger /2 trapping, etc. Even a pure wizard or divine with instant kills and CC with EK or Falconry can handle R1-4 at high gear levels.

Of all of these builds I would say endless fusillade will clear content the fastest, followed by Ek necro/illusionist wiz ek + repeater, followed by divine, with bow builds probably being the slowest to clear R1-4.
    I feel like shuriken is a build I should do, sort of avoided shuriken this whole time. What shurikens should I farm?

And a quarantine area for pointless notes that I typed:

I've done 12monk/6ranger/2trapping years ago with a shadarkai first life back when Haunted Halls was new. It worked well for EE HH back then. I wonder how it would do on epic reapers now. Would probably work great, just not sure. When I peek at monkcher discussions I get the impression the non-trapper options do significantly more damage. Not sure how to gear endgame at this point and have not played ranged in a while. To get a sense of how green I am about monkcher now, I'm on fence about wisdom, strength, dex or int build.
    Please consider the environment before printing this post

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anett View Post
    Race: Half-Orc
    Class : DPS FIGHTER/BARBARIAN

I was looking for a build that uses the half orc tree kensei tree and barbarian trees to synergy all 3
    couldn't find anything like this by searching
    I'm not the best builder, but I'll give it a shot

Barbarian trees are heavily T5 dependent, so we'll go for one of those. This locks out Kensei T5, but you can still get Core 3 for +1 crit multiplier; doesn't stack w/Barbarian stuff, so Ravager's +2 crit threat range is the obvious winner.

Barbarian cores are pretty great though, so let's grab 12 levels there for as much stuff as possible

12/8 H-Orc Barbarian/Fighter (really only need 12/6, but Fighter 8 gives a few more options)

Alignment: Non-Lawful

Abilities: Str > Con > else. All level-ups into Strength. With a 28-point build you can literally 18-8-18-8-8-8 before HOrc modifies that to 20-8-18-6-8-6. If you want more skills, drop two points from Con to add to Int etc.

Leveling order: Barbarian 2, then Fighter 6, then fill out Barbarian > Fighter. (Barbarian 2 gives Blood Tribute, Sprint Boost, and more skill points; but you want Fighter Feats early and access to Cores/T5 as soon as possible).

Feats:
    • (1B) Power Attack
    • (3) Cleave
    • (3F1) Two-Handed Fighting
    • (4F2) Great Cleave
    • (6) Improved Two-Handed Fighting
    • (6F4) Weapon Focus: Slashing
    • (8F6) Improved Critical: Slashing
    • (9) Weapon Specialization: Slashing
    • (12) Greater Two-Handed Fighting
    • (15) Heavy Armor Combatant
    • (18) Tactical Training (for Dire Charge)
    • (20F8) Greater Weapon Focus: Slashing
    • (21) Overwhelming Critical
    • (24) Tactical Combatant (for Dire Charge)
    • (26D) Perfect Two-Handed Fighting
    • (27) Blinding Speed
    • (28D) Perfect Two-Weapon Fighting (gives 5% Doublestrike)
    • (29D) Dire Charge
    • (30) Epic Damage Reduction
    • (30L) Scion of Arborea

Can take the Dragonmark if you want, push back WF line and drop GWF:Slashing

Enhancements:
    35 Ravager (Core 4, Blood Strength, Critical Rage, Bully x1)
    17 Frenzied Berserker (Core 3, Blood Tribute, Supreme Cleave, Blood Trail)
    17 Half-Orc (Orcish Rage, Raging Crush, Brutality)
    11 Kensei (Haste Boost, Core 3, Tactics as you can)

If you have Racial AP etc get more from Ravager T5 (can also drop FB spending a little).

I'd go straight for Blood Tribute & Sprint Boost, then Kensei a bit and respec @12.

-----

ED Wise, Legendary Dreadnought is by far the best option.

Weapon choice wise, use a good named one; best is a good crit multiplier, but wide is fine too; Falchions or Greataxes are probably your best bets.

-----

Alternative build would be 12/6/x Fighter/Barbarian, using Power Surge and Kensei T5. But it feels like there's no point in the Barbarian side of it...
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

I'm looking for a first life raid DPS toon, preferably Iconic. Something to park at cap to use when there's already a tank (given that I have a raid tank parked).

Mostly LH Ravenloft and Killing Time, so doesn't need to be hugely survivable.

Raid scene is so much different than usual questing, like I don't need to selfheal primarily and most stuff is being tanked, cc'd or instakilled. Biggest DPS threat is probably wisps in Baba, but I don't mind a death or three.

I'm mostly a 2H player but that's not what raid DPS is usually about, so I'm asking to see what people recommend I'd assume TWF or SWF wins (or maybe a Wolf build?).

I'm VIP, have access to 32-point builds and all content, as well as all Universal trees. I can probably throw a tome or three at the new character, but don't want to plan around that. Don't really need the minutiae of the build, just the general gist.

Thanks in advance!
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.

Community Member

Default Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    I'm looking for a first life raid DPS toon, preferably Iconic. Something to park at cap to use when there's already a tank (given that I have a raid tank parked).

Mostly LH Ravenloft and Killing Time, so doesn't need to be hugely survivable.

Raid scene is so much different than usual questing, like I don't need to selfheal primarily and most stuff is being tanked, cc'd or instakilled. Biggest DPS threat is probably wisps in Baba, but I don't mind a death or three.

I'm mostly a 2H player but that's not what raid DPS is usually about, so I'm asking to see what people recommend I'd assume TWF or SWF wins (or maybe a Wolf build?).

I'm VIP, have access to 32-point builds and all content, as well as all Universal trees. I can probably throw a tome or three at the new character, but don't want to plan around that. Don't really need the minutiae of the build, just the general gist.

Thanks in advance!
    Hey Khys!

I'm thinking here, why not an endless fusilade build using Shadar-Kai 10/6/4 rogue/fighter/artie. Maybe you'll need a +5 Dex tome for Combat Archery
    Another thinking is pure ranger Tempest STR build using the maces from House J Rages pack with iconic Aasimar
    And last one is a Swash/Ice bard using PDK and Cormyrean Knight Training

Cheers!

Community Member

Default Deep gnome wizard

Hi I'm about to iconic tr into deep gnome wizard, I currently have 3 bard and 3 warlock(PDK) and 1 wizard past lives and have used +8 tomes.
    I'm looking for a not too heavily gear dependent build and I do have some bta items that maybe of use. I am not adverse to farming a few pieces of gear or canith crafting some items as this is just to quickly smash out a couple of wizard lives with no raiding required. I am happy for the build to be pure wizard as I will be grouping with a guildy who can do traps but not adverse to a rogue splash if someone has a build ready to go. As far as quest difficulties go if I can maybe reaper 1 heroics and blast through epic hard I will be happy, I hope I have added enough information and I'm not coming across as too much of a simpleton .

Quote Originally Posted by festasha View Post
    Hi I'm about to iconic tr into deep gnome wizard, I currently have 3 bard and 3 warlock(PDK) and 1 wizard past lives and have used +8 tomes.
    I'm looking for a not too heavily gear dependent build and I do have some bta items that maybe of use. I am not adverse to farming a few pieces of gear or canith crafting some items as this is just to quickly smash out a couple of wizard lives with no raiding required. I am happy for the build to be pure wizard as I will be grouping with a guildy who can do traps but not adverse to a rogue splash if someone has a build ready to go. As far as quest difficulties go if I can maybe reaper 1 heroics and blast through epic hard I will be happy, I hope I have added enough information and I'm not coming across as too much of a simpleton .
    Heya! I won't say I've the best Wizard build, but it's working very well for me this life (currently 28) and I have no relevant PL's and only +6 tomes

Deep Gnome Wizard 20

Feats: Quicken, Heighten, Maximize, Extend - I pretty much leave Quicken and Maximize always on, with Heighten for SLAs. Extend mostly for Death Aura, Displacement, & Haste (I use Haste for +movespeed so I don't need a Speed item)
    Spell Penetration, Greater Spell Penetration - hardest part for me.
    Spell Focus & Greater Spell Focus:Necromancy & Illusion (4 feats, yes).
    Past Life: Wizard (I took SF:Enchantment, but PL:Wi is better)

Enhancement wise, first 17 into Deep Gnome (+2 Int, Color Spray, PK, Stoneskin, +3 Illusion DCs)
    Then ~21 into Archmage for PK (Illusion focus)
    Finally go for PM T5+Capstone.

-----

Gear wise, here's what I used; it's all ML 15 or below, and fairly reasonable to obtain (Slaver's is hardest part, but you can drop that for Beacon of Magic set and get ML15 base instead of ML8 gear). Stuff like Pansophic is mostly for blasting things immune to your spells.

You can easily run in any undead form (Vampire looks coolest, Wraith has best defenses, Lich has best DC's). Aura will heal whatever damage you take (not frequent).

Circle of Death is amazing, as is Wail of the Banshee after 17. Try to open every fight with one or the other (CoD has a cast time even Quickened, so wait for enemies to group or hit enemies before they start moving; Wail affects the area around you so get close first). Both are hilariously efficient if you hit multiple targets. Use your two PK SLA's to mop up whatever survives, with Finger of Death for important/high save enemies (it's expensive, watch out). Flesh to Stone is also incredibly effective at "killing" stuff with Deathblock, and Hold Monster works wonders for the remaining (especially Reapers). Power Word Stun is a good backup CC for Reapers etc. Undeath to Death is your best weapon vs undead, it's like Circle but better Otto's Sphere of Dancing is also amazing for static defense.

I blasted through R1 heroics and do just fine in EH, even in EE/ER1 for a bit (depends on quest). Level 29 should be a nice gear boost as well, at which point I can probably do mid skulls Reaper.

I basically lead killcount every time unless there's another DC caster or it's like Dailies and someone is oneshotting at range. To the point of 110/130 kills kind of thing. Bosses are a huge pain though, as are some champions (they're why you have Maximize and stuff like Eladar's).

DPS casting wise, Disintegrate is great until 17 where you get Meteor Swarm, which is amazing. I use it, Eladar's, and Iceberg for most of my boss DPS.

------

Once you hit epics, go into Magister. Take Piercing Spellcraft, twist Piercing Spellcraft (swap to an off-ED to twist it), and twist Echoes of the Ancestor:Arcane.

Epic Feat wise, take Epic Spell Pen, everything else is up to you (I took Arcane Insight and Wellspring of Power).
    -Khysiria of Cannith

Community Member

Heya! I won't say I've the best Wizard build, but it's working very well for me this life (currently 28) and I have no relevant PL's and only +6 tomes

Deep Gnome Wizard 20

Feats: Quicken, Heighten, Maximize, Extend - I pretty much leave Quicken and Maximize always on, with Heighten for SLAs. Extend mostly for Death Aura, Displacement, & Haste (I use Haste for +movespeed so I don't need a Speed item)
    Spell Penetration, Greater Spell Penetration - hardest part for me.
    Spell Focus & Greater Spell Focus:Necromancy & Illusion (4 feats, yes).
    Past Life: Wizard (I took SF:Enchantment, but PL:Wi is better)

Enhancement wise, first 17 into Deep Gnome (+2 Int, Color Spray, PK, Stoneskin, +3 Illusion DCs)
    Then ~21 into Archmage for PK (Illusion focus)
    Finally go for PM T5+Capstone.

-----

Gear wise, here's what I used; it's all ML 15 or below, and fairly reasonable to obtain (Slaver's is hardest part, but you can drop that for Beacon of Magic set and get ML15 base instead of ML8 gear). Stuff like Pansophic is mostly for blasting things immune to your spells.

You can easily run in any undead form (Vampire looks coolest, Wraith has best defenses, Lich has best DC's). Aura will heal whatever damage you take (not frequent).

Circle of Death is amazing, as is Wail of the Banshee after 17. Try to open every fight with one or the other (CoD has a cast time even Quickened, so wait for enemies to group or hit enemies before they start moving; Wail affects the area around you so get close first). Both are hilariously efficient if you hit multiple targets. Use your two PK SLA's to mop up whatever survives, with Finger of Death for important/high save enemies (it's expensive, watch out). Flesh to Stone is also incredibly effective at "killing" stuff with Deathblock, and Hold Monster works wonders for the remaining (especially Reapers). Power Word Stun is a good backup CC for Reapers etc. Undeath to Death is your best weapon vs undead, it's like Circle but better Otto's Sphere of Dancing is also amazing for static defense.

I blasted through R1 heroics and do just fine in EH, even in EE/ER1 for a bit (depends on quest). Level 29 should be a nice gear boost as well, at which point I can probably do mid skulls Reaper.

I basically lead killcount every time unless there's another DC caster or it's like Dailies and someone is oneshotting at range. To the point of 110/130 kills kind of thing. Bosses are a huge pain though, as are some champions (they're why you have Maximize and stuff like Eladar's).

DPS casting wise, Disintegrate is great until 17 where you get Meteor Swarm, which is amazing. I use it, Eladar's, and Iceberg for most of my boss DPS.

------

Once you hit epics, go into Magister. Take Piercing Spellcraft, twist Piercing Spellcraft (swap to an off-ED to twist it), and twist Echoes of the Ancestor:Arcane.

Epic Feat wise, take Epic Spell Pen, everything else is up to you (I took Arcane Insight and Wellspring of Power).
    Thanks Spartan much appreciated, I will be trying this build soon.

Default pure enchantment DC spellsinger bard

I want to itr my bard to the upcoming iconic bard, but have grown tired of melee bards and wanted to dig into spellsinger.

I understand that bards might not be able to reach the DC range of wizards, and also that gear will be a major factor in all of this. If without pots it is too unrealistic to have 100+ DC on the mass hold monster SLA, would it instead be better to have an evocation DC focused spellsinger, and take horn of thunder instead?

Thank you for your time and consideration.
    Last edited by leesun; 03-20-2019 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leesun View Post
    I want to itr my bard to the upcoming iconic bard, but have grown tired of melee bards and wanted to dig into spellsinger.

I understand that bards might not be able to reach the DC range of wizards, and also that gear will be a major factor in all of this. If without pots it is too unrealistic to have 100+ DC on the mass hold monster SLA, would it instead be better to have an evocation DC focused spellsinger, and take horn of thunder instead?

Thank you for your time and consideration.
    August 2017 this post has 109 as maximum standing Enchant DC for a Bard. Pots will cost you like 2 DC (Yugo + Rem = 4 stat). Although that post makes a lot of assumptions like you being nearly full completionist etc.

It also implies that Evocation DC is only +4 for a Bard compared to Enchant?

Anecdotally, I have DC's quite a bit lower than that (mid 80's) and can still have enough for a lot of stuff in a lot of places (although I'm low-Reaper lol). Like the R1 WGU I ran yesterday, with 377/488 kills in a 5-player group (and CC on quite a few more like Reapers/DWard champions, which just aren't efficient to DPS). Even worked pretty well with PK, for all that it has two saves.

-----

I guess what I'm saying is that you can probably have solid DCs; if you're a R10 endgame person you probably have gear/PL's etc to pull that off, if not you can get useful DC's a lot easier
    -Khysiria of Cannith

August 2017 this post has 109 as maximum standing Enchant DC for a Bard. Pots will cost you like 2 DC (Yugo + Rem = 4 stat). Although that post makes a lot of assumptions like you being nearly full completionist etc.

It also implies that Evocation DC is only +4 for a Bard compared to Enchant?

Anecdotally, I have DC's quite a bit lower than that (mid 80's) and can still have enough for a lot of stuff in a lot of places (although I'm low-Reaper lol). Like the R1 WGU I ran yesterday, with 377/488 kills in a 5-player group (and CC on quite a few more like Reapers/DWard champions, which just aren't efficient to DPS). Even worked pretty well with PK, for all that it has two saves.

-----

I guess what I'm saying is that you can probably have solid DCs; if you're a R10 endgame person you probably have gear/PL's etc to pull that off, if not you can get useful DC's a lot easier
    thank you for the chart! To be honest most of my toons have been melee, and so with how easy it is to get 100+ DC for monk and ice bard, I had just assumed that DC casters also had 100+ in general. I am by no means an r10 grinder, and the thought of mid 80s as your DC makes me feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by leesun View Post
    thank you for the chart! To be honest most of my toons have been melee, and so with how easy it is to get 100+ DC for monk and ice bard, I had just assumed that DC casters also had 100+ in general. I am by no means an r10 grinder, and the thought of mid 80s as your DC makes me feel better.
    Again, the chart looks mostly like theorycrafting? And all the "endgame" DC casters I've heard are the 100+ but like I'm just sharing my experience I went through Ravenloft mostly on R1 at level 29, and had a bit of trouble with some mobs (especially with PK) but overall I was quite successful with DC casting. Also level 30 I got like +7 to DC's (finished BoM set, Embolden, Mantle of Escher for Profane WR, Scion etc) and now it's quite a bit better.

But like for R1 WGU, I had to use Finger/Wail for some mob types; however I could use PK/Circle for 80% of everything else with 90% success, which I'd say is pretty great for my mediocre gearing

I'm a melee main as well, which is why I set up a lot of gearing prior to this life. Works pretty well though, which I'm happy about. Good luck Maybe a caster main will contribute, that'd probably help more than me.
    -Khysiria of Cannith

Default Halp?

Was playing around trying to make a bladelock (ala 5e) and ended up here...

Thinking of getting the Sacred Defender stance HPs w/ Warlock Shining Through and Stanch. Basically longsword and board, aura-blasting, smiting, tank.

Level order is just for a quick experiment, would surely move it around.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Improvements? or just gimped? Better builds for a bladelock? Thanks!

Bladelock
    12/8 Paladin/Warlock
    Lawful Good Human

Level Order

1. Paladin. . . . .6. Paladin. . . . 11. Paladin. . . . 16. Warlock
    2. Paladin. . . . .7. Paladin. . . . 12. Paladin. . . . 17. Warlock
    3. Paladin. . . . .8. Paladin. . . . 13. Warlock . . . .18. Warlock
    4. Paladin. . . . .9. Paladin. . . . 14. Warlock . . . .19. Warlock
    5. Paladin. . . . 10. Paladin. . . . 15. Warlock . . . .20. Warlock

Stats
    . . . . . . . .36pt . . Tome . . Level Up
    . . . . . . . .---- . . ----. . .--------
    Strength. . . . 16. . . .+8. . . .4: CON
    Dexterity . . . .8. . . .+8. . . .8: CON
    Constitution. . 16. . . .+8. . . 12: CON
    Intelligence. . 12. . . .+8. . . 16: CON
    Wisdom. . . . . 10. . . .+8. . . 20: CON
    Charisma. . . . 16. . . .+8. . . 24: CON
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .28: CON

Skills
    . . . . . P. P. P. P. P. P. P. P. P. P. P. P. W .W. W .W. W .W. W .W
    . . . . . 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    . . . . .------------------------------------------------------------
    Concent . 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 2. 1. 1. 2. 1. 2. 1 .1. 1 .1. 1 .1. 1 .1. 23
    Intim . . 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 2. 1. 1. 3. 1 .1. 1 .1. 1 .1. 1 .1. 23
    Spellcr . 1. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. . .2. 2 .2. 2 .2. 2 .2. 2 .22
    UMD . . . 1. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. . .1. 1 .2. 2 .2. 2 .2. 2 .20
    Heal. . . 2. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 2. 1. 1. 2. 1. ½ .½. ½ .½. ½ .½. ½ .½. 19
    Balance . 2. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
    Jump. . . 1. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1
    Tumble. . 1. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1
    . . . . .------------------------------------------------------------
    . . . . .16. 5. 5. 5. 5. 5. 6. 6. 6. 6. 6. 6. 6 .6. 7 .7. 7 .7. 7 .7

Feats

.1. . . . : Power Attack
    .1 Human. : Single Weapon Fighting
    .3. . . . : Weapon Focus: Slashing
    .6. . . . : Child of: Sovereign Host
    .9. . . . : Empower Spell
    12. . . . : Maximize Spell
    15. . . . : Improved Critical: Slashing
    18. . . . : Beloved of: Sovereign Host
    21 Epic . : Overwhelming Critical
    24 Epic . : Power Critical
    26 Destiny: Epic Arcane Eldritch Blast
    27 Epic . : Epic Damage Reduction
    28 Destiny: Epic Spell Power: Sonic
    29 Destiny: Arcane Warrior
    30 Epic . : Wellspring of Power
    30 Legend : Scion of: Feywild

13 Warlock: Pact: Fey

.1 Deity. : Follower of: Sovereign Host
    .6 Deity. : Unyielding Sovereignty

Enhancements (80+2 AP)

Enlightened Spirit (35 AP)
    • Eldritch Aura, Aura of Courage, Shape Vestments
      1. Resilience of Body III, Spiritual Defense III
      2. Spiritual Bastion III, Power of Enlightenment III
      3. Eldritch Burst III, Spiritual Ward III, Power of Enlightenment III, Constitution
      4. Spiritual Retribution III, Brilliance
      5. Spirit Blast III, Shining Through

Sacred Defender (25 AP)
    • Holy Bastion, Sacred Defense, Divine Righteousness
      1. Extra Lay On Hands III, Durable Defense III
      2. Bulwark Aura III, Resilient Defense III
      3. Resistance Aura II, Tenacious Defense III
      4. Reinforced Armor I, Swift Defense, Hardy Defense III

Tainted Scholar (14 AP)
    • Tainted Spellcasting, Tainted Lore, Stanch
      1. Feigned Health III, Strong Pact
      2. Utterdark Blast, Strong Pact
      3. Strong Pact

Knight of the Chalice (6 AP)
    • Slayer of Evil, Courage of Heaven
      1. Extra Turning II, Extra Smite II

Human (2 AP)
    • Damage Boost
      1. Skill Focus: Focused I
    Sarlona: Dyskho Violoante

Quote Originally Posted by 3Kobolds View Post
    Thoughts? Suggestions? Improvements?
    All 3 - I think this is not a build review/help thread, and so I suggest you start your own thread - you'll get an improved response there.

Of course, that's up to the OP - it's pretty much his thread.

I will add this - DDO is NOT any edition of DnD that you've ever played, so a Bladelock may or may not be something that works in DDO.

Also, it'd help if you spelled out what you think a "bladelock" should be, what you're aiming to achieve w/ the build. In that other thread that you're going to start.

18. 03-25-2019, 05:04 PM

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Thinking of getting the Sacred Defender stance HPs w/ Warlock Shining Through and Stanch. Basically longsword and board, aura-blasting, smiting, tank.
    It's an old thread but: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Paladiin-Build

The tl;dr summary: great survivability, not so great DPS - and that was almost four years ago when there was a lot less power creep than today.

It works, but that doesn't mean it works well. But maybe you could do a PDK war 6 / pal 14 SWF with longswords + Knight's Training today?
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Was playing around trying to make a bladelock (ala 5e) and ended up here...

Level order is just for a quick experiment, would surely move it around.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Improvements? or just gimped? Better builds for a bladelock? Thanks!
    ES active blasts have Arcane Spell Failure. Don't use them :P with S&B and Heavy Armor you'll probably have 60% or more ASF. Passive is fine, but doesn't do much damage (few Warlock levels/enhancements and low spellpower).

With Paladin, level 14/15 are huge DPS boosts because of Holy Sword (and Zeal). You really miss out without Holy Sword, so I'd recommend at least 14/6.

I had a 15/5 Paladin/Warlock off-tank life that was very successful 1-30 just after Reaper came out. I built for 2HF, but you do you I could survive quite well up through R5, even in Legendary Ravenloft, so I'd call it a win (only really struggled w/Dragons on R5, but still won!). Reasonable DPS, but I won't call it amazing. But also could tank reasonably well with ~800% hate & Intimidate (I'd "tank" LH Baba etc). Brilliance is the real winner, though Shining Through & Displacement are pretty great as well; but make sure you bring Extend (for Displacement). For the record I ran in LD even when "tanking" and always twisted Consecration + Sacred Ground.

I ran the numbers afterwards, if you're interested in 2HF & Iconics 14/5/1 PDK Paladin/Warlock/Fighter is significantly better DPS, thanks to Silvanus Mauls; losing Zeal's 10% Doublestrike doesn't matter as much when you're cleaving a lot (Cleave, GCleave, and 2 from LD) and doesn't apply to Glancing Blows anyway. Also you can grab Kensei's Haste Boost which is pretty great, and you skip out the awkward early levels.

-----

Level order wise, for a heroic build I'd recommend Paladin 4 first (so you can CLW). Then I'd probably do Warlock 4 for Blur and more SP. Afterwards, make sure you have Warlock 5 by level 12 and the rest doesn't matter much. For an Iconic build it's almost entirely irrelevant, but I'd try to spread levels around to maximize Skill Point efficiency (like Warlock has Jump and UMD as class skills). Still want Warlock 5 by level 15 though.
    -Khysiria of Cannith

Thanks for all the advice! I'll def rework this before I try to run it.
    I think I was trying for the extra d6 EB damage when looking at Wlk8, but seems like it's prob not worth it, especially bc I forgot about Holy Sword. The character builder I used doesn't have Knight's Training in it, but it was something I was thinking (prob a swap in for the weapon focus)

ES active blasts have Arcane Spell Failure. Don't use them :P with S&B and Heavy Armor you'll probably have 60% or more ASF.
    In my recent Pally life I ran Coat of the Traveler until 26 I think when I put on some shadow dragonscale (I'm a lazy gear-er) and for a shield I'd prob rock Fanion or Skyvault if I can work in Tower prof. I was thinking the blasts would make up for not getting the pally cleaves.

Edit: I also realized I have SWF in there, which I think doesn't work with shields, so I'd have to swap that for something.
    Last edited by 3Kobolds; 03-26-2019 at 10:41 AM.
    Sarlona: Dyskho Violoante

Thanks for all the advice! I'll def rework this before I try to run it.
    I think I was trying for the extra d6 EB damage when looking at Wlk8, but seems like it's prob not worth it, especially bc I forgot about Holy Sword. The character builder I used doesn't have Knight's Training in it, but it was something I was thinking (prob a swap in for the weapon focus)

In my recent Pally life I ran Coat of the Traveler until 26 I think when I put on some shadow dragonscale (I'm a lazy gear-er) and for a shield I'd prob rock Fanion or Skyvault if I can work in Tower prof. I was thinking the blasts would make up for not getting the pally cleaves.

Edit: I also realized I have SWF in there, which I think doesn't work with shields, so I'd have to swap that for something.
    As long as you're aware

I did entirely too much math with way too many assumptions, but my guess is that with Maximize & Empower the ES blasts come out ahead for heroics (FYI don't take Quicken, it does nothing) as long as you have a little geared spellpower. Once you hit 20 I'm pretty sure they fall behind, and the higher you get the weaker they get. You just won't have a huge base, and itemizing for other stuff doesn't help.
    -Khysiria of Cannith

Page 189 of 231 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199 ... LastLast