Page 165 of 231 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,300 of 4618
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wanker View Post
    I'm debating between a pure Spellsinger (dps caster build like The Banshee) or picking up 3-5 levels of Rogue Thief-Acrobat. I'm wondering if adding the Rogue levels helps, hurts, or keeps it the same.
    If you want a pure caster bard, make a pure caster bard. If you want a melee bard, make a melee bard. I'd advise against trying to combine the two, though; too easy to pull your toon in two opposite directions, particularly as there's no DPS synergies between CHA and staves.

If you were willing to go SWF instead, you could probably adapt the Count of MC into a more caster-focused configuration; e.g., drop a couple of melee feats like Shield Mastery, switch to orbs, put more APs into Spellsinger, and pick up a few more metamagics. But even that's kinda iffy due to feat shortage.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    If you want a pure caster bard, make a pure caster bard. If you want a melee bard, make a melee bard. I'd advise against trying to combine the two, though; too easy to pull your toon in two opposite directions, particularly as there's no DPS synergies between CHA and staves.

If you were willing to go SWF instead, you could probably adapt the Count of MC into a more caster-focused configuration; e.g., drop a couple of melee feats like Shield Mastery, switch to orbs, put more APs into Spellsinger, and pick up a few more metamagics. But even that's kinda iffy due to feat shortage.
    It's a good point; I can do a lot with swashbuckler, which gets me some flexibility amongst the trees should i need it.

Thanks!

Community Member

Default Druid help

Hey I am going for completionist, currently i have 3 monk, 1 barb, and 1 paly past life, and am current on a sorc. Any interesting druid builds? They just seems so boring everytime i play them and i just want to get that life out of the way Also i have a +7 supreme tome

Community Member

Default pure PDK fvs of Silvanus

I don't know if this has been requested, but I am looking for advice on a pure FvS of silvanus, would have past lives pally, cleric and warlock.
    I would be using a heart of wood to get the first fighter level out, and a +7 supreme tome is available.
    I am wanting it to be more melee focused with THF line and using the mauls to imitate silvanus as much as possible. its been a while since I've played, but I'm getting back into the game, so I want to revisit one of my favourite classes.
    i know multiclassing may be better for this build overall, but I'm fond of pure class.

all destiny's available 24 fate points available for twists 3 slots.

Hopefully this is enough information to make a good build. Thanks in advance.

Community Member

Got a Tukaw's build sitting at 16 2rogue/2pali/12sorc. Been away for a few years and was looking for some advice on the build to get it to 20 so I can tr it. looking for feats and enchantments advice

Quote Originally Posted by Dayko_DAllen View Post
    Any interesting druid builds?
    Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...asi-tank-build
    Melee: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-2-0-10D-6R-4F

If you don't like either of them, then you'll have to be more specific about what you want...
    Quote Originally Posted by evilnecros View Post
    I am wanting it to be more melee focused with THF line and using the mauls to imitate silvanus as much as possible. its been a while since I've played, but I'm getting back into the game, so I want to revisit one of my favourite classes.
    i know multiclassing may be better for this build overall, but I'm fond of pure class.
    Well, the good news is if you want pure melee FvS, Silvanus is definitely your best option. The bad news is Warpriest is still pretty weaksauce DPS, particularly compared to the buffed melee classes (ftr, barb, etc.).

That said, it's a straight-forward build:
    Race: PDK
    Class: FvS 20
    Stats: STR 18 CHA 16 CON 16 on a 36-pt build, level-ups into STR
    Skills: max Heal, whatever
    Feats: Power Atk (1), Cleave (1), THF (3), Gt Cleave (6), ITHF (9), IC:Blunt (12), Quicken (15), GTHF (18), Emp Heal (21), Overwhelming Crit (24), PTHF (26) - remaining feats season to taste
    Enhancements: 41 Warpriest (capstone) / 8 AoV (Shield of Condemnation + Articles of Faith) / 31 IDK
    ED: Dreadnought with all the usual suspects (Momentum Swing / Lay Waste / Devastating Crit / Blitz / Pulverizer)

Grab a big hammer, swing wildly, toss out the occasional heal or buff - rinse, repeat

EDIT: for MCed builds, see my Champions of Silvanus thread in my build index.
    Last edited by unbongwah; 04-06-2017 at 11:13 AM.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Welcome back. That build predates the recent-ish buffs to monks in Update 33. So the problem with it now is that you are giving up a lot more DPS by taking T5 ES instead of T5 Shintao than you were 18 months ago. Furthermore, the higher-level Shintao cores are a lot stronger than they used to be: +4 WIS, +35 Melee Power, and +2[W] to unarmed dmg just from the last two cores. So pure unarmed monks are pretty swell these days - good enough that I don't see much point in doing a deep MC split like that anymore. I've already posted a pure dwarf monk; converting to other races should be straight-forward.
    I checkd that buildout and it looks good. Just one question though, It is difficult to play as in a ton of combos or can I stick to easy melee playstyle such as a stun, WWA, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by ccd1977 View Post
    It is difficult to play as in a ton of combos or can I stick to easy melee playstyle such as a stun, WWA, etc?
    That's up to you: monks have access to tons of special attacks and combo finishers, but you don't have to use all of them. Here are the ones I would definitely recommend using:

• Fists of Light / healing ki finisher will be your primary source of self-healing, so naturally use them as often as necessary [BTW, remember that Positive Spellpower boosts the healing ki finisher, so have Devotion slotted in your gear.]
    • Stunning Fist, Tomb of Jade, Kukan-Do - all three benefit from WIS + Stunning bonuses, so they should be used regularly
    • Quivering Palm - for obvious reasons
    • Fists of Iron - because it's basically free extra DPS whenever you can spare the ki
    • Shadow Veil - one of the best defensive buffs around, get it up & keep it up

Here are some of the situationally useful monk attacks:
    • Dismissing Strike - only affects extraplanar enemies (inc. mephits and elementals IIRC) so you won't always use it. But unlike QP it benefits from stunning bonuses so you can hit a higher DC with it.
    • Knock on the Sky - good for when you need to tank melee bosses or Champions, since it reduces their damage output.
    • Earth finisher: for the +2x crit bonus but also for preventing spellcasting. [I don't find the other elemental finishers worth the ki / time investment - YMMV.]
    • Light path finishers: all of the buffs can be helpful, but Aligning the Heavens is the one which really makes your casters happy (-25% SP cost for one minute).
    • Jade Strike + Eagle Claw Attack + Henshin Elemental Words - debuffs mobs by lowering Fortification and increasing damage vulnerability. [Pretty sure Jade Strike stacks with Vulnerable effect, but I won't swear to that. Armor Destruction maxes out at 15 stacks, regardless of where it comes from, i.e. Eagle Claw, Destruction gear.]
    Last edited by unbongwah; 06-07-2017 at 04:23 PM.

Community Member

I've been thinking a lot about how to consolidate stats into just 3 stats and get a very strong build out of it. Ideally just Cha, Con and Int using Force of Personality and Insightful Reflexes to cover all the saves.

The question is what is the strongest build you could get out of that? I want offense and defense and ideally the ability to be strong up close and at range. One more caveat, which is that I know Warlocks can do this already and I'd like not to go Warlock so that I have a second differentiated character to play as a change up.

I was thinking something along Bard/x/x with SWF might be best. Not sure how to handle the ranged aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by KoobTheProud View Post
    I've been thinking a lot about how to consolidate stats into just 3 stats and get a very strong build out of it. Ideally just Cha, Con and Int using Force of Personality and Insightful Reflexes to cover all the saves.

The question is what is the strongest build you could get out of that? I want offense and defense and ideally the ability to be strong up close and at range. One more caveat, which is that I know Warlocks can do this already and I'd like not to go Warlock so that I have a second differentiated character to play as a change up.

I was thinking something along Bard/x/x with SWF might be best. Not sure how to handle the ranged aspect.
    I came in on the butt-end of this, but bard-x-x are great. 10 bard 8 ftr 2 rogue is strongest, but loses D Door (can use shadow dancer for those couple of quests it's needed in epics) for 7/hit-39/crit minimums Damage compared to 12-6-2 based on seeker and all that. If you only care about Fascinate for CC and swashbuckling, and want something slightly stronger, 9 rogue 8 ftr 3 bard is gnarly w/ hand axe (10-6-4 is another option for opportunist and blur). I have ran that on a 3rd life alt for LS portal/trash beater for over a year. Kensei goodies + Int to hit/dmg + 6d6 sonic on crit + 5d6+equipment SA Dmg + KtA + 20% HP w/ 25 PRR/MRR. 15-20/x7 on Handaxe in LD. Shadow Dancer is an option in some quest for more SA damage. Divine Crusader works good while leveling during epics.

AP are super tight, but it works out. It is not a solo build in new content, but it is a pure DPS build good for parties.

Anyway, for a ranged option. In heroics, farm out a +2 mythic or better Return to Sender and or a vorpal dagger or dart. No bonus damage from stat, but it's good enough for those few places it's needed.

Quote Originally Posted by adrian69 View Post
    10 bard 8 ftr 2 rogue is strongest, but loses D Door
    Dimension Door is a lvl 4 spell; bard 10 gets two lvl 4 spells. So CCW and DDoor would be my picks. Unless you think FoM is more important? In which case, consider human w/Passage DM feat and take the DDoor mark for 7 APs.

Dimension Door is a lvl 4 spell; bard 10 gets two lvl 4 spells. So CCW and DDoor would be my picks. Unless you think FoM is more important? In which case, consider human w/Passage DM feat and take the DDoor mark for 7 APs.
    Yeah, I think FoM is more important, well it used to be more important, and I feel like DMs and 7 AP is too expensive for a single ability, but that's just my preference. I'm all for it if works for others. I have kept 90+ scrolls for two years anyway. Only use one in the pyramid in Red Fens and one in Wiz King, and I probably find 4 average a life cycle. I know some love DD'ing out and using it to get out of rough spots. I prefer higher rogue split anyways. Situationally more DPS and scrolling and clicking displace don't bother me.

13. 04-08-2017, 08:16 PM

14. 04-10-2017, 09:18 AM

15. 04-10-2017, 09:20 AM

Community Member

mech ranger
    11/7/2 Ranger/Rogue/Artificer
    True Neutral Human

Level Order

1. Rogue 6. Ranger 11. Rogue 16. Ranger
    2. Artificer 7. Ranger 12. Ranger 17. Ranger
    3. Artificer 8. Ranger 13. Ranger 18. Ranger
    4. Ranger 9. Ranger 14. Rogue 19. Rogue
    5. Ranger 10. Rogue 15. Rogue 20. Rogue

Stats
    32pt Tome Level Up
    ---- ---- --------
    Strength 8 4: DEX
    Dexterity 16 +3 8: DEX
    Constitution 14 12: INT
    Intelligence 18 16: INT
    Wisdom 8 20: INT
    Charisma 8 24: INT
    28: INT

Skills
    Rg Ar Ar Rn Rn Rn Rn Rn Rn Rg Rg Rn Rn Rg Rg Rn Rn Rn Rg Rg
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Heal 2 1 5 1 1 1 1 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 23
    Disable 4 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 23
    Open Lo 4 1 1 1 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 23
    Search 4 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 1 23
    Spot 4 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 23
    UMD 4 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 23
    Bluff 4 1 1 1 1 1 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 22
    Balance 4 1 1 1 5 1 1 ½ ½ 1 1 1 18
    Diplo 1 4 4 5 14
    Jump 4 3 3 10
    Listen 4 4
    Swim 3 3
    Concent 2 2
    Spellcr 2 2
    Tumble 1 1
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    52 9 9 11 11 11 11 11 11 13 13 11 11 13 13 12 12 12 14 14

Feats

1 : Dodge
    1 Human : Point Blank Shot
    3 : Precision
    4 Ranger : Favored Enemy: Undead
    6 : Weapon Focus: Ranged
    8 Ranger : Favored Enemy: Giant
    9 : Quicken Spell
    12 : Improved Critical: Ranged
    15 : Empower Healing Spell
    17 Ranger : Favored Enemy: Evil Outsider
    18 : Mobility
    21 Epic : Overwhelming Critical
    24 Epic : Combat Archery
    26 Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting
    27 Epic : Epic Reflexes
    28 Destiny: Doubleshot
    29 Destiny: Harbinger of Chaos
    30 Epic :
    30 Legend :

Spells

Ranger
    1. Jump, Ram's Might
    2. Barkskin, Cure Light Wounds
    3. Cure Moderate Wounds
    Artificer
    1. Conjure Bolts, Enchant Weapons, Resistance

so this is what I got so far need help with enchantments leveling order and feats

Default Bastard sword build

So, since I grabbed a spinal tap from the 11th anniversary box, I kinda want to use it, but can't quite see how. What I had mostly in mind was some sort of S&B pally using spinal tap and then something else towards the higher levels. Admittedly not well thought-out. Mostly my train of thought is that I don't feel like being a warlock and pew pewing through every lift. I also have a shield of tireless aid, hence the thought of S&B.

I'm looking at human, only getting to 18 and RRing, running mostly elites and low reapers (or higher reapers in groups), and was leaning towards paladin, but am not bound by it. I have 9 reaper points at the moment, and am triple completionist, however have no racial action points and just the +1 WIS from human.

Any suggestions (including that this build wouldn't be reaper-ready) are welcome.

I'm running a bastard-sword build and it's working fairly well; however it is very much a PDK-only build so I don't think it will work for you. It uses both Cha-to-damage from PDK, and the forgotten-realms exclusive deity which grants a free feat (bsword proficiency) and allows the favored-soul enhancements for hit/damage which is helpful to the build.
    The idea is that it's a tanky sword+board build with lots of defense and self healing, and enough damage to solo easily.

The main advantages of bastard swords, in my opinion, is that with glancing blows they deal more damage then khopeshes (which also cost a feat). However, to get glancing blows, you either need to be sword+board or single-weapon fighting. And they're not usable with the most popular single-weapon fighting class (bard swashbuckler), which means the most use I've found for them is that they are (tied for) the highest damage weapon available for sword+board builds (which usually means tanks). I do think it would be pretty cool to figure out a single-weapon fighting build for them that leverages their glancing blows advantage.
    Selvera: Aasimar Fighter 20/Epic 10; Old and wise fighter.
    Jen: Half Elf Fvs 4; Healer Archer on a TR with friends
    Mayve: Drow Bard 14/Wizard 6/Epic 7; Vampire Enchantress

Question Soloer dps sustainable build

Hey guys, comming back to the game after a looong time. Got a lvl 20 to reincarnate.
    Need a fast and easy restart lol. I am looking for a dps/soloer/sustainable build... played a couple quests and saw some toons dealing a ton of damage around lvls 12, 13, 14... Which builds are capable of doing that? Warlock? Do they need a lot of gear to start working?

Thanks in advance

Default Soloer Sustainable DPS

Pretty much any class can create a character which deals a lot of damage while being sustainable solo with the correct combination of feats enhancements and gear; some classes may find it easier then others. Warlock is known as one of the easiest classes to create a powerful character on, and is not as gear dependent as many other classes. On the opposite end of the spectrum, most melee characters will be much more gear dependent, especially at higher difficulties.

Here's a warlock build by someone else, since I haven't much experience with locks: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...mpanion-thread
    Selvera: Aasimar Fighter 20/Epic 10; Old and wise fighter.
    Jen: Half Elf Fvs 4; Healer Archer on a TR with friends
    Mayve: Drow Bard 14/Wizard 6/Epic 7; Vampire Enchantress

Quote Originally Posted by wasu View Post
    mech ranger
    11/7/2 Ranger/Rogue/Artificer
    It would help if you specified your build goals. I'm inferring this is a repeater build, but why this split rather than the more common rog 18 / arty 2? Is this for a rgr PL?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarzor View Post
    I'm looking at human, only getting to 18 and RRing, running mostly elites and low reapers (or higher reapers in groups), and was leaning towards paladin, but am not bound by it.
    How good are you at soloing w/out self-heals? A fighter Vanguard is going to have better DPS overall and be more front-loaded than paladin; but the obvious downside is lower saves and loss of self-healing (although Reaper is another matter).

It would help if you specified your build goals. I'm inferring this is a repeater build, but why this split rather than the more common rog 18 / arty 2? Is this for a rgr PL?

How good are you at soloing w/out self-heals? A fighter Vanguard is going to have better DPS overall and be more front-loaded than paladin; but the obvious downside is lower saves and loss of self-healing (although Reaper is another matter).
    Middling? My twitch skills are pretty bad. For non-reaper it's less of an issue as the fights are easier to survive then I can wand outside of battle, but for reaper I've found that when I hit a mob of 10, with a few of them champs and a reaper or two in the middle, it's lacking.

Additionally, one of the major advantages of reaper is that there's plenty of SP regen from the lost souls, which I'd love to be able to take advantage of.

That being said, as long as I can get the UMD to do wands and then heal scrolls, I don't mind. I did as much with my mechanic life. The improved effectiveness (25/50/75%) went a long way towards self-sufficiency.

Community Member

[QUOTE=unbongwah;5964532]It would help if you specified your build goals. I'm inferring this is a repeater build, but why this split rather than the more common rog 18 / arty 2? Is this for a rgr PL?

sorry its supposed to be 12 ranger 6 rog and 2 arti for aa mods for my repeater

Page 165 of 231 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215 ... LastLast