Page 164 of 231 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,280 of 4618

I'm about to TR again and need a modern take on the bowbarian builds of old. I don't mind a heavy splash since the Barb trees suck for ranged, though I'd still like to get up to the L12 core in one of the Barb trees for extra durability and amp, and maybe grab Critical Rage.
    .: Sarlona - High Lords of Malkier : Reaper Life 1, 2 , 3, and 4 alumnus : My Twitch : Trans and Proud : (she/they please) :.
    .: Inamorata (Goddess of Sticks) / Signalmixer (Vorpal Queen) / Darkchylde-1 (Fiend Voodulock) / Groundloop : Plus so many others! :.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TDarkchylde View Post
    I'm about to TR again and need a modern take on the bowbarian builds of old.
    I posted a TWF bowbarian recently. But that's a typical "bows w/Manyshot, melee the rest of the time" build. If you're looking for a full-time ranged barb...well, TBH, my first instinct is "don't do it!" since so much of the barb Enhancements are geared towards melee-only. [Can't even remember if Blood Strength works with ranged weapons.] But maybe some sort of rgr 6 / barb 12 build? T5 Ravager for Crit Rage, T4 DWS for Killer, plus some AA imbues; run in FotW to use Adrenaline+Sniper Shot a lot.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    I posted a TWF bowbarian recently. But that's a typical "bows w/Manyshot, melee the rest of the time" build. If you're looking for a full-time ranged barb...well, TBH, my first instinct is "don't do it!" since so much of the barb Enhancements are geared towards melee-only. [Can't even remember if Blood Strength works with ranged weapons.] But maybe some sort of rgr 6 / barb 12 build? T5 Ravager for Crit Rage, T4 DWS for Killer, plus some AA imbues; run in FotW to use Adrenaline+Sniper Shot a lot.
    I don't have the weapons on the toon to go TWF melee (really, any kind of melee outside of sticks,) so no, it'd be all ranged all the time. That and Reaper eats melees for lunch so I've abandoned playing melees for now along with playing Divines.

I was considering a 6 ranger split, actually (all those ranged goodies there,) and I was going to use it for Primal Epic Reincarnations so running in Fury is perfect. It's pretty much otherwise for two Heroic Barb past lives, then I'm never touching the class again.
    .: Sarlona - High Lords of Malkier : Reaper Life 1, 2 , 3, and 4 alumnus : My Twitch : Trans and Proud : (she/they please) :.
    .: Inamorata (Goddess of Sticks) / Signalmixer (Vorpal Queen) / Darkchylde-1 (Fiend Voodulock) / Groundloop : Plus so many others! :.

Quote Originally Posted by BeccaBop View Post
    Atari 2600-simplicity would be optimal. But I know that that level of simplicity may simply not be possible, and the character still be decent.
    That's basically the thing: any modern melee build is going to have oodles of buttons for special attacks, action boost, temp buffs, etc. A THF barb like Zoda is about as straight-forward and simple as melee builds get these days and it would still have about 8 to 12 buttons to manage: 3 Cleave attacks, Rage+Frenzy+Death Frenzy, Melee Power Boost, a couple of special attacks like Stunning Blow and Cruel Cut. I think you can almost map all of that to an Xbox gamepad or a single toolbar.

I suppose a TWF Assassin can have fewer buttons: just stealth, Execute, Assassinate, Melee Power Boost, Assassin's Trick, and one Poison Strike for applying Assassin's Mark. There are other melee attacks like Shiv and Sly Flourish, but they're optional; same goes for Bluff. Then it's all about learning how to manage stealth & aggro so you can get Assassinate & sneak attacks to land.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

First life Gnome monk centered with picks, haven't played for a while so not sure if it's possible or viable. Only for heroics though as will be trying that tr malarkey out for size.

Quote Originally Posted by larrikin-shenanigan View Post
    First life Gnome monk centered with picks, haven't played for a while so not sure if it's possible or viable. Only for heroics though as will be trying that tr malarkey out for size.
    Possible: sure. Viable: wellll...

The good news: monk / Kensei builds got a lot more powerful after the recent buffs to both classes.

The downsides: First off, you can't take One with Blade until lvl 12, so for the first 11 lvls you either fight using regular ki weapons (i.e., handwraps, kamas, etc.) or you fight uncentered. Also it's tough to beat pure ranger for TWF builds, IMO; I'm not sure the extra Melee Power from Henshin & Kensei makes up for losing T5 Tempest abilities (Dance of Death+Thousand Cuts+Dual Perfection). Finally the crit bonus from Gnomish Weapon Training doesn't stack with Keen Edge and I'm not sure you'd have the APs to spare for the gnome enhancements regardless.

All that being said, if you still want to do it, I figure the obvious splits are either ftr 18 / monk 2 like Cetus or the oldie-but-goodie-again ftr 12 / monk 6 with a splash of whatever you want.

I am requesting a few builds.

Ive decided to make Smrti a completionist. Seems fitting for my first character, and with as much xp and content as has been added, as well as the experience curve rework, ive decided to give it a shot.

My requests are pretty simple.

I need some TWF focused builds to TR with, not including the sorc/wiz lives. But everything thats feasible, id like to do twf with all the way through heroics to 20. Im not sure if ill go through the triple completionist route yet, but i do want at least the first round and maybe 3x the important lives before i get into Iconic/Epic TRs (god they added so much to do...)

Anyways, thats my request. Now back to vesting the new Zelda while i wait.
    Smrti on Khyber

Community Member

Default EE Favor Farming

I am currently level 20 in this: and want to get to here: The problem is that I don't have Favored Soul yet, and don't think I can get enough favor for it this life (because I'm a first lifer and my DCs suck), or be bothered to do all the quests I missed down in heroics (because I'm a first lifer and can only do quests on Normal the first time). So I need a build that's ok through 1-30 all the way to EE.

Unfortunately, it also has to not use any Artificer, Favored Soul, Monk or Warlock or any of that noob unfriendly stuff like Harper, etc.. Bonus points if it helps get to Shiradi eg. uses Legendary Dreadnought, more bonus points if it's easy to play by a noob. Ty all.

Quote Originally Posted by Blank_Zero View Post
    I am requesting a few builds...
    ...and maybe 3x the important lives before i get into Iconic/Epic TRs (god they added so much to do...)
    And don't forget the new Racial Reincarnation carrots, coming soon from Lammania!

The good news it that you aren't requesting multiple builds, but one "Heroic TR template" - a core of about 12 (or less) levels of 2 classes (and enhancements from those classes) that have enough juice to level on their own, and allow the dominant 8 (or so) levels of the desired Past Life class to be glommed on to the back end as gravy.

(I've got templates for Bard/Fighter Swashi, and for Repeater, but no 2WF, sorry. I would ~think~ a good solution will be something built around Ranger, but I'm not experienced enough to suggest anything - but someone will, one way or the other.)

Community Member Pyyro_del_Drago's Avatar

I'll be iconic TRing my main today and I only have 2 lives until I'm done heroic completionist: cleric and FVS. I was wondering if anyone has a reaper capable build for a 15/5 cleric/rogue? Was thinking a healer/trapmonkey will go far in helping out a reaper heroic playthrough. Was thinking mainly speccing for Mechanic with a repeater so I can heal and stay out of the action while still doing some decent dps, my only concern with this is getting enough dex for IPS as it would mainly be a INT/WIS build. Any thoughts are appreciated. Has a +6 supreme tome.
    CANNITH player. Recently returned to the game after 2 years, proudly back with Skunkworks my old crew. Finally hit completionist after 6 years on Pyrau (2017)!! Have 10 other epic characters across all play styles, some TRs.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    And don't forget the new Racial Reincarnation carrots, coming soon from Lammania!

The good news it that you aren't requesting multiple builds, but one "Heroic TR template" - a core of about 12 (or less) levels of 2 classes (and enhancements from those classes) that have enough juice to level on their own, and allow the dominant 8 (or so) levels of the desired Past Life class to be glommed on to the back end as gravy.

(I've got templates for Bard/Fighter Swashi, and for Repeater, but no 2WF, sorry. I would ~think~ a good solution will be something built around Ranger, but I'm not experienced enough to suggest anything - but someone will, one way or the other.)
    Lucky for me i have plenty of time to get most of it done before servers close right?

I was thinking something with 6 ranger/x whatever for the rest? Fighter lives are all done at least, as will 1 Pally life (bladeforge iconic), but the rest is up for grabs. Ill probably stick to pure 20 on monk, but the rest should multi pretty easily. Does anyone have a Warlock Twf build around maybe? Thinking ES with twf dps might be interesting.
    Smrti on Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Pyyro_del_Drago View Post
    I'll be iconic TRing my main today and I only have 2 lives until I'm done heroic completionist: cleric and FVS. I was wondering if anyone has a reaper capable build for a 15/5 cleric/rogue? Was thinking a healer/trapmonkey will go far in helping out a reaper heroic playthrough. Was thinking mainly speccing for Mechanic with a repeater so I can heal and stay out of the action while still doing some decent dps, my only concern with this is getting enough dex for IPS as it would mainly be a INT/WIS build. Any thoughts are appreciated. Has a +6 supreme tome.
    It'd be tough to do an INT/WIS build here, and to fit in all the feats you need to do decent ranged damage and competent healing. So instead of going 15/5, I tossed together a 13/6/1 with the 1 being Arti to get some of those feats for free, plus Conjure Bolts and a lever-pulling pet if you need to run things solo. It's mainly INT-based for Repeater damage. DC casting is a casualty, but it should still heal and throw no-save spells (and Heroic blade barriers) just fine. You also lose Mass Death Ward, but the single-target variety should do fine. MCCW can be overkill, and you still have masses up to Serious, as well as access to Heal.

UMD is maxed to throw things like Greater Heroism and Reconstruct scrolls (if you get WF/BF in the group, it comes in handy.) All the roguish skills are also maxed, including Open Lock which helps in some Epics.

Code:
    Repeater Cleric
    13/6/1 Cleric/Rogue/Artificer
    True Neutral Human

Level Order

1. Rogue           6. Rogue          11. Rogue          16. Rogue
    2. Artificer       7. Cleric         12. Cleric         17. Cleric
    3. Cleric          8. Cleric         13. Cleric         18. Cleric
    4. Cleric          9. Cleric         14. Cleric         19. Rogue
    5. Cleric         10. Cleric         15. Cleric         20. Rogue

Stats
                   36pt     Tome     Level Up
                   ----     ----     --------
    Strength         8       +6       4: INT
    Dexterity       16       +6       8: INT
    Constitution    14       +6      12: INT
    Intelligence    18       +6      16: INT
    Wisdom          12       +6      20: INT
    Charisma         8       +6      24: INT
                                     28: INT

Skills
              R  A  C  C  C  R  C  C  C  C  R  C  C  C  C  R  C  C  R  R
              1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
             ------------------------------------------------------------
    Concent   2  3  1  1  1     2  1  1  1     2  1  1  1     2  1  1  1  23
    Heal      2     4  1  1     2  1  1  1     2  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  23
    Spellcr   2  3     2        2  1  1  1     2  2  1        2  1  2  1  23
    Disable   4  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  23
    Open Lo   4              3              5              7     1  2  1  23
    Search    4  1     1  2  1     1  1  1  2  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  23
    Spot      4  1           4              5              5        3  1  23
    UMD       4              5     1  1  1  2     1  1  2  1  1  1  1  1  23
    Balance   4                                                     1  7  12
    Diplo     4                                      1                     5
    Bluff     4                                                            4
    Jump      4                                                            4
    Swim      3                                                            3
    Tumble    1                                                            1
             52  9  7  8  8 14  8  9  9  9 15 10 10 10 10 17 11 11 17 18

Feats

1        : Point Blank Shot
     1 Human  : Rapid Shot
     3        : Empower Healing Spell
     3 Deity  : Follower of: Sovereign Host
     6        : Precision
     9        : Precise Shot
     9 Deity  : Unyielding Sovereignty
    12        : Improved Critical: Ranged
    15        : Maximize Spell
    18        : Improved Precise Shot
    21 Epic   : Combat Archery
    24 Epic   : Overwhelming Critical
    26 Destiny: Epic Spell Power: Positive OR Holy Strike
    27 Epic   : Blinding Speed
    28 Destiny: Doubleshot
    29 Destiny: Elusive Target
    30 Epic   : Epic Damage Reduction
    30 Legend : Scion of: Celestia
    For enhancements, Tier 5 in Mechanic, enough in Harper to get INT to hit and KTA, just enough in Assassin for Assassin's Trick, rest in Radiant Servant to bolster your healing some (in Reaper, Burst and Aura do next to nothing for you personally, and being at range, they do little for the party.)

Community Member Pyyro_del_Drago's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TDarkchylde View Post
    It'd be tough to do an INT/WIS build here, and to fit in all the feats you need to do decent ranged damage and competent healing. So instead of going 15/5, I tossed together a 13/6/1 with the 1 being Arti to get some of those feats for free, plus Conjure Bolts and a lever-pulling pet if you need to run things solo. It's mainly INT-based for Repeater damage. DC casting is a casualty, but it should still heal and throw no-save spells (and Heroic blade barriers) just fine. You also lose Mass Death Ward, but the single-target variety should do fine. MCCW can be overkill, and you still have masses up to Serious, as well as access to Heal.

UMD is maxed to throw things like Greater Heroism and Reconstruct scrolls (if you get WF/BF in the group, it comes in handy.) All the roguish skills are also maxed, including Open Lock which helps in some Epics.

Code:
    Repeater Cleric
    13/6/1 Cleric/Rogue/Artificer
    True Neutral Human

Level Order

1. Rogue           6. Rogue          11. Rogue          16. Rogue
    2. Artificer       7. Cleric         12. Cleric         17. Cleric
    3. Cleric          8. Cleric         13. Cleric         18. Cleric
    4. Cleric          9. Cleric         14. Cleric         19. Rogue
    5. Cleric         10. Cleric         15. Cleric         20. Rogue

Stats
                   36pt     Tome     Level Up
                   ----     ----     --------
    Strength         8       +6       4: INT
    Dexterity       16       +6       8: INT
    Constitution    14       +6      12: INT
    Intelligence    18       +6      16: INT
    Wisdom          12       +6      20: INT
    Charisma         8       +6      24: INT
                                     28: INT

Skills
              R  A  C  C  C  R  C  C  C  C  R  C  C  C  C  R  C  C  R  R
              1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    Concent   2  3  1  1  1     2  1  1  1     2  1  1  1     2  1  1  1  23
    Heal      2     4  1  1     2  1  1  1     2  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  23
    Spellcr   2  3     2        2  1  1  1     2  2  1        2  1  2  1  23
    Disable   4  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  23
    Open Lo   4              3              5              7     1  2  1  23
    Search    4  1     1  2  1     1  1  1  2  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  23
    Spot      4  1           4              5              5        3  1  23
    UMD       4              5     1  1  1  2     1  1  2  1  1  1  1  1  23
    Balance   4                                                     1  7  12
    Diplo     4                                      1                     5
    Bluff     4                                                            4
    Jump      4                                                            4
    Swim      3                                                            3
    Tumble    1                                                            1
             52  9  7  8  8 14  8  9  9  9 15 10 10 10 10 17 11 11 17 18

Feats

1        : Point Blank Shot
     1 Human  : Rapid Shot
     3        : Empower Healing Spell
     3 Deity  : Follower of: Sovereign Host
     6        : Precision
     9        : Precise Shot
     9 Deity  : Unyielding Sovereignty
    12        : Improved Critical: Ranged
    15        : Maximize Spell
    18        : Improved Precise Shot
    21 Epic   : Combat Archery
    24 Epic   : Overwhelming Critical
    26 Destiny: Epic Spell Power: Positive OR Holy Strike
    27 Epic   : Blinding Speed
    28 Destiny: Doubleshot
    29 Destiny: Elusive Target
    30 Epic   : Epic Damage Reduction
    30 Legend : Scion of: Celestia
    For enhancements, Tier 5 in Mechanic, enough in Harper to get INT to hit and KTA, just enough in Assassin for Assassin's Trick, rest in Radiant Servant to bolster your healing some (in Reaper, Burst and Aura do next to nothing for you personally, and being at range, they do little for the party.)
    Hmmmm, interesting, I hadn't even considered dropping aura, but I guess it does make sense if I plan to do reaper and from a ranged perspective. What do you think of going 12/6/2 cleric/rogue/arti? To me it seems I'd pick up access to the rune arm for some added dps and lose a slot 4 spell, resurrection and greater restoration (which I can grab scrolls for) and destruction which I would have a weak DC for anyways. Might be missing something though!

EDIT: OH, and I forgot to mention thank you very much for throwing this together and for your insight!
    CANNITH player. Recently returned to the game after 2 years, proudly back with Skunkworks my old crew. Finally hit completionist after 6 years on Pyrau (2017)!! Have 10 other epic characters across all play styles, some TRs.

...To me it seems I'd pick up access to the rune arm for some added dps ...
    RA's dps scales w/ Arti levels, so it would only add "some" dps, mainly from the imbue (which is nice, if you have the room anyway).

What do you think of going 12/6/2 cleric/rogue/arti?
    If you have Harper, you don't even need rogue 6; cleric 13 / rog 5 / arty 2 becomes an option instead. Harper also enables you to acquire INT to dmg by lvl 3 whereas Targeting Sights can be taken no earlier than lvl 6 and only if you front-load all your rog lvls.
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    RA's dps scales w/ Arti levels, so it would only add "some" dps, mainly from the imbue (which is nice, if you have the room anyway).
    While the extra imbue dmg is nice, for me the real advantage to equipping an Runearm on an arty splash are the secondary gear bonuses. E.g., Tiara's Splendor is nice for heal amp+deathblock+silver bypass.

Community Member

Default Monk/War/Pal build

Last year Master Unbongwah reversed engineered a master piece here --->>>> https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ock-3-PaladinI have been away since 6/16 and now I am back and I hear there was some changes since gone. Below is a video that I found to assist with this request.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qG64M8EXkYI am looking for this same build but with whatever is needed for todays changes that may improve him. My past lives were Barb, Monkx2, Bardx2 and paladin and I have access to all iconics.Please post a build similar and whatever tweaks your feel could boost the DPS and make it tankier. My playstyle is supper simple.Thanks.

Community Member

Default Looking for a Dragonborn Staff build

Hello there. I'm looking to build a first life dragonborn staff based. I have been thinking on Paladin/Monk/Rogue 2 or Paladin/Fighter/Rogue 2. I usually play solo and I'm looking for a self-sufficient and simple build, I have access to all content, but would like to avoid basing the build on buying Tomes.
    There are some things I have clear, like it should be STR based, that I should pick Aureon as deity for Paladin, that I need 2 rogue levels for Thief Acrobatics enhancement... and not much more, I usually do something wrong when I try to make a build, like "can't decide between fighter and monk, d'uh". So I'm asking here, hope you guys can help me!

Community Member

Hi!

I've come back after a few years away to my Shiradi Pale Master Wiz16/Mnk2/FvS2. In Shiradi destiny I'm still pretty solid, and am (re)getting the hang of questing.

What I want to do is get to 30, then ETR/TR back to 1. To do this, I'm going to need a bunch of non-Shiradi karma - next life I'm planning to be Warlock, so I think Arcane is probably my best bet. I'm after a build with my current class mix, that I can use at level 30 to get those millions of karma.

(This may be a really easy task! I'm rusty enough that I have no idea.)
    Last edited by GrantAnderson; 03-18-2017 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ccd1977 View Post
    Last year Master Unbongwah reversed engineered a master piece here --->>>> https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ock-3-PaladinI have been away since 6/16 and now I am back and I hear there was some changes since gone.
    Welcome back.

That build predates the recent-ish buffs to monks in Update 33. So the problem with it now is that you are giving up a lot more DPS by taking T5 ES instead of T5 Shintao than you were 18 months ago. Furthermore, the higher-level Shintao cores are a lot stronger than they used to be: +4 WIS, +35 Melee Power, and +2[W] to unarmed dmg just from the last two cores. So pure unarmed monks are pretty swell these days - good enough that I don't see much point in doing a deep MC split like that anymore. I've already posted a pure dwarf monk; converting to other races should be straight-forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardet View Post
    I should pick Aureon as deity for Paladin
    Rather than paladin, I would suggest FvS instead, since they get the Favored weapon feats for free. Without that extra +5 to dmg (which can be boosted higher with Warpriest Righteous Weapons), there's not really any point in picking Aureon as your deity, particularly since Aureon's Instruction is a caster-oriented ability.

So let's say you do FvS 12 for the Beloved feat (and Heal spell natch). That leaves 8 levels with plenty of options:
    • rog 5 / ftr or pal 3 for T5 Acrobat + defensive stance and either two extra feats or +11 to saves from Divine Grace
    • rog 5 / druid 3 for T5 Acrobat, Shillelagh, Ram's Might, and Fatal Harrier
    • rog 2 / monk 6 for T5 Henshin, Shadow Veil, Iron Skin
    Last edited by unbongwah; 04-04-2017 at 11:08 AM.

Community Member

Default Spellsinger/Thief-acrobat or pure Spellsinger

Thank you in advance to any thoughts on this build!

I'm debating between a pure Spellsinger (dps caster build like The Banshee) or picking up 3-5 levels of Rogue Thief-Acrobat. I'm wondering if adding the Rogue levels helps, hurts, or keeps it the same.

I like the different take on a caster with Spellsinger Bard (plus, I need to work on my Bard past life). I am wondering if adding in some Rogue for evasion, traps, and help with DPS will help overall, especially at higher levels. The quarterstaff is more style thing that plays nicely from Acrobat and a casters staff.

So, would Spellsinger 17/ Thief-Acrobat 3 be viable higher levels? Or is it throwing away 3 levels that would be better fit with the capstone?

Thank you!

Page 164 of 231 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214 ... LastLast