Page 160 of 231 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,200 of 4618

Default 36 Point TR Build

I want to TR my old character (TR as Fighter twice), been a super long time since I've played however; so I have no idea what's viable anymore. Last time I played, the level cap was only 20.

I would like it to be Warforged and TWF since that's sorta all I have as equipment for my character. For Tomes, I have +4 Str, +2 Dex, +3 Con, +2 Int, +3 Wis, +2 Cha. Well, other than that, feel free to suggest whatever; I'm down to try anything interesting.
    Last edited by Zorrac; 12-27-2016 at 11:28 PM.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocTom View Post
    I have been encouraged to reincarnate and use the 6 million points to shoot back up to level 20. I realize that I have to stay melee-based because I'm too stupid and slow to play anything fun but, I would like to kill things too.
    Remember that when you Epic Reincarnate, you do not get to change your race or classes. So you will still be a BF pally @ lvl 20 unless you also LR +20 into a different class(es). And because you're an Iconic, you can't HTR at 20 like regular races. So you may wish to consider an ITR instead.
    (The paladin survives just fine, but my friends time my kills with a calendar...)
    Before giving up on paladin, spend some time in Dreadnought (LD); in particular, once you get the hang of sustaining Blitz, suddenly it doesn't seem so bad anymore...

Otherwise, you may be ready to upgrade to BF Kensei, either pure ftr or ftr 18 / monk 2 like Cetus. You lose the survivability perks of being a pally, ofc - high saves, extra self-healing, etc. - but gain some significant DPS thanks mostly to all the extra Melee Power in Kensei and One Cut's crit clickie.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorrac View Post
    I want to TR my old character (TR as Fighter twice), been a super long time since I've played however; so I have no idea what's viable anymore. Last time I played, the level cap was only 20.
    Welcome back.
    I would like it to be Warforged and TWF since that's sorta all I have as equipment for my character. For Tomes, I have +4 Str, +2 Dex, +3 Con, +2 Int, +3 Wis, +2 Cha. Well, other than that, feel free to suggest whatever; I'm down to try anything interesting.
    Does it have to be WF? They kinda lost their luster after Bladeforged came out. They get Reconstruct as a racial SLA; meaning as long as you have SPs, you can Repair yourself. Rendering WF moot outside of arcane casters and the occasional barb. Of course, if you don't have BF and don't want to pay for it, we'll have to look at alternatives...

I prefer builds which are self-sufficient, so you might want to consider WF ftr 8 / wiz 12 like CThru's build. Kensei got buffed earlier this year; ftr 6-8 is the "sweet spot" for MCed builds which aren't majority-ftr, IMO. Wiz 12 gets you useful buffs, Reconstruct, etc.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Remember that when you Epic Reincarnate, you do not get to change your race or classes. So you will still be a BF pally @ lvl 20 unless you also LR +20 into a different class(es). And because you're an Iconic, you can't HTR at 20 like regular races. So you may wish to consider an ITR instead.

Before giving up on paladin, spend some time in Dreadnought (LD); in particular, once you get the hang of sustaining Blitz, suddenly it doesn't seem so bad anymore...

Otherwise, you may be ready to upgrade to BF Kensei, either pure ftr or ftr 18 / monk 2 like Cetus. You lose the survivability perks of being a pally, ofc - high saves, extra self-healing, etc. - but gain some significant DPS thanks mostly to all the extra Melee Power in Kensei and One Cut's crit clickie.

Thank you, Unbongwah! OK, I think I have a plan, but could use your pally expertise. For some reason, it just clicked that my fleshie friends were telling my to close out a "sphere" because they don't have access to ITR and were telling me the pre-reqs for ER. Since I meet the requirements for ER, I'll have another go at Bladeforged pally starting at level 20 - that will give me the improved build points and extra feats. I'll stay in Dreadnought since more ED spheres won't be needed for ITR. That said, can you recommend a 2nd-life build for a Bladeforged pally that will help with damage output? Is TWF "better" than THF in Epic content? I can also go S&B if that helps. I don't want to waster the extra feats and build points. The enhancement trees also have a lot of traps for me so any suggestions would be helpful!

Ever grateful,
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by DocTom View Post
    Since I meet the requirements for ER, I'll have another go at Bladeforged pally starting at level 20 - that will give me the improved build points and extra feats.
    Note that you do not get extra build pts when you ER; only when you HTR/ITR. So if this is a first-life build, you would still have only 32 pts after ER. Which is one more reason to consider an ITR instead, then speed-level to 20 to catch up with your ER-ed fleshie friends.
    That said, can you recommend a 2nd-life build for a Bladeforged pally that will help with damage output? Is TWF "better" than THF in Epic content?
    I don't suppose you're lucky enough to have an eSOS on this toon?

If you ER, I would stick with THF; if you ITR into BF again, I would consider Cetus (THF or TWF), a "Tempestadin" like Eth's build, or (if you're cheap like me) ftr 18 / pal 2.

Welcome back.

Does it have to be WF? They kinda lost their luster after Bladeforged came out. They get Reconstruct as a racial SLA; meaning as long as you have SPs, you can Repair yourself. Rendering WF moot outside of arcane casters and the occasional barb. Of course, if you don't have BF and don't want to pay for it, we'll have to look at alternatives...

I prefer builds which are self-sufficient, so you might want to consider WF ftr 8 / wiz 12 like CThru's build. Kensei got buffed earlier this year; ftr 6-8 is the "sweet spot" for MCed builds which aren't majority-ftr, IMO. Wiz 12 gets you useful buffs, Reconstruct, etc.
    Oh dang, an entire race became outdated? RIP, well I do have some Turbine Points saved up; but BF seems pretty pricey and I'm not sure, if there's something better to spend it on. Can you link me some builds?

Default Monk / Rogue w/ Hide + Move Silent ... prefer non-shuriken ranged

Hi All,

I'm looking for a viable Monk / Rogue build that has good hide and move silent. I would prefer a ranged build that doesn't use shuriken, but if you can give me a good reason to go melee I'm willing to listen.

Thematically I'd like to strategically move thru quests, pick my fights and vanish when things look bad to circle back later.

Maybe monk/rogue is the wrong combo but it feels like the right mix for this sort of thing. I don't need to be able to solo elite end game content, I just want something that will be viable to contribute to a patient group and to explore on my own.

Thanks!

8. 01-06-2017, 12:54 AM

Default current Wizard builds?

Salutations Builders!

I want to knock out another Wizard Past Life. Ideally, the build should be competent to do a round or three of Epic Reincarnations.
    I'm wondering if there are any Sun Elf builds that don't require a +1 Heart.
    Alternative, I just cashed in TPs (I mean DDO points, of course) for Gnome, but haven't got Svirfneblin yet.

What is the current suggestions for Wizards these days?

All replies appreciated.

Community Member

Default FVS Past life build

Dear builders,

Please can you create me a build that will:

• Get me FVS as past life
    • Has evasion
    • Full trapping skills
    • melee
    • low reliance on SPs
    • good zerging ability

I have:
    • 36 Point spend
    • Most gear that would be needed
    • +6 tomes
    • All classes/races/harper tree

Many Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gymehill View Post
    Dear builders,

Please can you create me a build that will:

• Get me FVS as past life
    • Has evasion
    • Full trapping skills
    • melee
    • low reliance on SPs
    • good zerging ability

I have:
    • 36 Point spend
    • Most gear that would be needed
    • +6 tomes
    • All classes/races/harper tree

Many Thanks!
    How about a THF PDk maul fvs kensei 10fvs/8ftr/2rogue (lose some skills points by going pdk but gain silvanus feats for more damage with mauls)
    Int based for trap skills and harper tree for to hit and dmg +kta.
    Basic feats: Power attack (req 13 base str), cleave, Thf feats, great cleave, quicken, weapon focus blunt, silvanus feats, empower heal, weapon spec, greater weap focus, insightful reflexes, overwhelming critical, maximice, pthf, epic dr, ptwf, dire charge, tactical combatant, scion of arborea.

35 ap kensei (t5's), 12 ap harper (sc I,II and kta), 9 ap stalwart (stance, prr and saves), 3 pdk(dmg boost and heal amp), 21 warpriest (amelliorating strike or just more ap into harper)

Epic destiny: LD or DC

(Alternative split 12 fvs/6 ftr/2 rogue for heal spell but lose ftr lvl 8 feats and kensei weapon master enhancement.)
    Last edited by boredman; 01-09-2017 at 05:18 PM.

Community Member

Default Thanks!

Thank you Boredman, much appreciated!

Community Member

Default wierd wizard build wanted

This may not be even possible but won't know if I do not ask. I would like a wizard/rogue build that can use bows with conjured arrows. I have a good bow for her. the reason is to use bow to supplement spell points by taking out single or dual mobs with bow and multiple mobs with spells. No pale master please.

Community Member

my current wizard is wiz 7 rog 1

15. 01-12-2017, 12:56 AM

Quote Originally Posted by rlarge View Post
    This may not be even possible but won't know if I do not ask. I would like a wizard/rogue build that can use bows with conjured arrows. I have a good bow for her. the reason is to use bow to supplement spell points by taking out single or dual mobs with bow and multiple mobs with spells. No pale master please.
    Everything is possible as long as you stay in heroics. But you won't enjoy epics with such a setup.

If you go Wizard 12 / Ranger 6 / Rogue 2, you will have easy access to AA and ranged feats.
    But you'll have some irksome leveling ahead to get those ranger levels.

Community Member

sigh.. ok thx

Community Member

Unhappy Old player returning messed up 10sorc/1monk 10 charisma

Long story short:
    Wasted mine +20 lesser heart of wood (about a 1 ago?)
    I still have regular heart but i ended with 10/1 sorc monk warforged with two past lives (sorc and wiz)
    I have no idea whats going on with builds atm so i realy could use some help with making anything with this so i can tr asap.
    Ideas? Dunno which trait should i follow and how they work now should i go savant? (dont know whith is more efficient now) Or there is a way to go eldrich with this? (i rmmber monk could take some feat to use short swords).
    I literaly have no idea what im doing!

I found my old post about it
    Maybe some may find it helpful to the case:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...k-melee-legend
    Last edited by hekti123; 01-13-2017 at 05:26 PM. Reason: additional link and info

Quote Originally Posted by hekti123 View Post
    Maybe some may find it helpful to the case:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...k-melee-legend
    Well, it looks like you were originally going for some sort of staff build; and the good news is Henshin just got some pretty nice buffs. And while Bladeforged stole the limelight, if you're stuck with WF for a melee hybrid, you could do worse than sorc 12 for Reconstruct.

If you were starting from scratch, I would've suggested WF rog 2 / monk 6 / sorc or wiz 12. The first rogue lvl is for trap skills and Acrobatics (+15% attack speed); the second is just for extra skill pts and anything you can afford to grab from tier-2 rogue PrEs (e.g., Haste Boost or Venomed Blades). And since you're already sorc 10 / monk 1, that really limits your build options.

I suppose you could just LR into a pure caster build (sorc 18 / monk 2 perhaps) and HTR again as soon as you hit 20 into something better. Or we can try to salvage it as a staff build. Which do you prefer?

Community Member

Default Fighter swash

I want to try the new fighter enhancements, Kensi and Vanguard in particular, but need a bit of self healing, so I have been looking for a fighter/bard, with mostly fighter.

Someone was talking about a "S&B Fighter, 16 Fighter to qualify for all of the new tactics feats, 3 Bard for Skirmisher, 1 Rogue for trapping."

That sounds good, but what would it look like? Would another configuration be better?

36 pnts, +2 tomes all around, no preference for race.

Community Member

Well, it looks like you were originally going for some sort of staff build; and the good news is Henshin just got some pretty nice buffs. And while Bladeforged stole the limelight, if you're stuck with WF for a melee hybrid, you could do worse than sorc 12 for Reconstruct.

If you were starting from scratch, I would've suggested WF rog 2 / monk 6 / sorc or wiz 12. The first rogue lvl is for trap skills and Acrobatics (+15% attack speed); the second is just for extra skill pts and anything you can afford to grab from tier-2 rogue PrEs (e.g., Haste Boost or Venomed Blades). And since you're already sorc 10 / monk 1, that really limits your build options.

I suppose you could just LR into a pure caster build (sorc 18 / monk 2 perhaps) and HTR again as soon as you hit 20 into something better. Or we can try to salvage it as a staff build. Which do you prefer?
    Thank you mate for fast response! ^^^
    I think i rmmber what i was been aimong for then.
    If i rmmber correctly i was lil drunk (well maybe more then a lil)
    And wanted to make my sorc into arti monk (saw some build wideo like that or something dunno) with +20 heart (Yeah i know im a moron, shhh)

Staff build sounds nice but propably its not posible with trash i have in eq, in fact i have no idea what i have and just put items on me randomly(i had reaaaly long brake from game, we talking about years here)
    https://youtu.be/qli1K6uIQqI
    Im currious if there is something worth in my eq here (maybe some item not droping anymore?) I found out tomes whith was worth 50k pp back in my times are worth millions now, so i could buy eq neccesary for staff build.
    If not then i guess lets stay at sorc with 2monk for evasion. (yeah i was evasion addict back in the days dunno if its still that useful tho)
    Last edited by hekti123; 01-15-2017 at 01:33 AM.

Default Dual-Wielding Deathnip Build

Hi, long time listener, 10th time caller...

I am a player who prefers heroic Content generally...at least it seems that way, last 5 lives...I have TRed even though that wasn't the plan...

I always plan on "for real, I will epic TR this time", and I run 1-2 Epic Quests and then just want to TR and play a different build.

I know I should just play more than 1 toon...but I don't anymore.

Anyway, I have 2 Deathnips and I have been thinking I want to do Dual-Wielding Deathnip build.

I have a few BtA Heavy Picks to get me there.

Once I am in Epics, I am unsure what to do.

I love grouping, but I generally end up soloing a good bit to my play times (late at night and also often have to drop right away if playing from work).

I generally like self-healing characters, such as Heal or Reconstruct or UMD. I have played a Dwarf Ranger with Deathnips, and it was glorious! Then I hit level 20, stepped into an Epic Devil Assault and died like 15 times and TRed 10 minutes later lol.

Anyway, I would like to do a Dual-Wielding Heavy Pick Build that gives me some sort of Crit Bonus and that would viable in Epics. I know I will change weapons in Epics.

Any ideas?

I was thinking a Warforged Paladin maybe?

People keep telling me Barbarians can self-heal? I did my Barb life like 5 years ago as a Warforged Sorc 15 and 5 Barb and then ate a +5 heart...so I am unaware how to play a barb well.

Maybe I just make a Dwarven Fighter and focus on tactics (like trips and stunning blows) and those tactical DC feats?

I have even considered a Strength based Bard that makes use of of the bonus crit mod.

Once again, any ideas on a good Strength based Dual-wielding build?
    "Hireling" and "Hjealer"
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

23. 01-15-2017, 03:38 PM

24. 01-17-2017, 04:57 PM

Page 160 of 231 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210 ... LastLast