Page 158 of 231 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,160 of 4618

Quote Originally Posted by ddmasterm View Post
    Would you, or anyone who might be lurking, have builds for that. I could try building but I'd hate to gimp one of our characters into oblivion. God knows I've done that before >.>

EDIT: While browsing during work I found a couple warlock builds in the repository. One tank, one cc, and one EB that all fit that description. Which one were you meaning?
    That build can do all 3 - If you want it to do all 3 in Epic Elite then you'll need amazing gear or past lives or both but if you're only going to 20 and maybe doing some Epic Normals after that to earn the tokens to TR with then yes that build can do all 3 with ease.

The main playstyle of that build up to Lvl 11 or 12 is ranged with Chain Shape. Past lvl 12 it's Aura up, jump into middle of mobs, Burst+Blast till dead, move on to next set of mobs - Your CC simply helps you do this while taking less damage.

Tanking: Well you're jumping into the middle of the mobs and doing major damage to them - Chances are you've got their aggro and no-one's taking it off you - Tell your mate he might want to let you get in amongst them before he starts shooting though.

So you take less damage from jumping in amongst the mobs remember that holding down the alt key {to left of space bar on my laptop} allows you to block and you can keep blocking while bursting and blasting.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ddmasterm View Post
    Both of us are willing to learn a somewhat complex character. Overall were just looking for two builds that can do most of the leveling content. Even links to pre-existing builds would be appreciated. We will be starting from level one.
    Honestly, you can make pretty much any duo work thru heroic leveling, so I say just figure out what sort of characters you want to play, then search the Build Repository. EllisDee37 has done a pretty good job of marking which builds are first-life friendly too.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

I'm looking for a 32-pt build for a Bard that throws things (daggers/axes/whatever'sgoodtothrow). I want to do bardic enchantments and throw things at people. That's it - just something simple, fun, and new (for me). Any thoughts/advice on this? (If it matters, I have all races except half-orc).

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by IshmaylFading View Post
    I'm looking for a 32-pt build for a Bard that throws things (daggers/axes/whatever'sgoodtothrow). I want to do bardic enchantments and throw things at people.
    The most common advice for bard throwers is: don't make a bard thrower, make a monk-based shuriken build instead. That's because monks gain two class-specific bonuses to shuriken which really ups theirDPS: Advanced Ninja Training ("You also gain a chance based on your Dexterity score to throw an extra shuriken per attack.") and Ten Thousand Stars. No other combo of non-monk abilities boosts thrower DPS as much as these two do, unfortunately.

That said, if you're not obsessed with max DPS and just want a flavor toon, you can combine Swashbuckler with Mechanic, Deepwood Stalker, Kensei, and/or Harper to produce acceptable results. [You can also exploit the AA imbue bugs but sssshhhh!]
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Default Healbots suck - but they're fun

Before you ask, yes, I know healbots "suck" and aren't supported in the current meta at high levels. But I believe that they're SUPER fun and I'm rolling a new character to help my friend (who insists on playing barbarian) get into the game. If I don't like this char at upper levels, I can always reroll or use the +0 lesser heart.

So my question is, if I seriously want to create a pure healbot with casting as a secondary focus and melee not a priority at all, how should I build it? I'm thinking:

28-pt Drow, True Neutral

Str 8
    Dex 10
    Con 12 (or 8 for the lulz)
    Int 10
    Wis 18
    Cha 16 (or 18 for better turning)

Max Concentration + Heal since that's all I have points for (RIP UMD). Feats Follower of Aureon (barbs don't do well against skeletons but I do and the better turning is gravy) and Mental Toughness, Extra Turning, or Empower Healing (could always take empower later once I get auras and bursts since I won't be turning it on for regular spells anytime soon). Grab whatever I didn't grab for feats at 3, and follow up with Maximize/Empower at 9/12 for dem auras and bursts. Could always transition into a caster cleric if my friend gets bored. Thoughts?

Edit: Yes, I'm going full Radiant Servant for enhancements.
    Last edited by Skycaptain; 11-27-2016 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skycaptain View Post
    So my question is, if I seriously want to create a pure healbot with casting as a secondary focus and melee not a priority at all, how should I build it?
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...or-new-players

I think a Light / Evocation caster cleric build is more first-life-friendly (not as dependent on Spell Penetration), but the basic build still applies.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...8-Mabar-farmer

This is a build specifically designed to farm the Mabar event; as such it invests more heavily into undead-turning than a normal build would. Nonetheless, it would probably work for a regular char too.

You may also want to consider a caster-specced bard Spellsinger build. Their healing isn't quite as strong as a Radiant Servant, obviously, but it's good enough for a duo, IMO. And you get some sonic-based DPS and CC via Fascinate and Enchantment spells.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    *snip*
    Neither of those are really what I'm looking for here, but I do appreciate your links, advice, and time. Looks like the art of healing is now lost and it's time for me to do some research and testing on my own. Thanks anyway.

Before you ask, yes, I know healbots "suck" and aren't supported in the current meta at high levels. But I believe that they're SUPER fun and I'm rolling a new character to help my friend (who insists on playing barbarian) get into the game. If I don't like this char at upper levels, I can always reroll or use the +0 lesser heart.

So my question is, if I seriously want to create a pure healbot with casting as a secondary focus and melee not a priority at all, how should I build it?

28-pt Drow, True Neutral

Str 8
    Dex 10
    Con 12 (or 8 for the lulz)
    Int 10
    Wis 18
    Cha 16 (or 18 for better turning)

Max Concentration + Heal since that's all I have points for (RIP UMD). Feats Follower of Aureon (barbs don't do well against skeletons but I do and the better turning is gravy) and Mental Toughness, Extra Turning, or Empower Healing (could always take empower later once I get auras and bursts since I won't be turning it on for regular spells anytime soon). Grab whatever I didn't grab for feats at 3, and follow up with Maximize/Empower at 9/12 for dem auras and bursts. Could always transition into a caster cleric if my friend gets bored. Thoughts?

Edit: Yes, I'm going full Radiant Servant for enhancements.
    I would drop charisma to 14 and wis to 16 to bring intelligence up to invest in spellcraft.
    And go human. A healbot...empower healing, quicken spell, combat casting, mobile spell casting, Maximize, QuickDraw. That is the most mobile caster you could ever make. Cast fast, cast while running, switching scrolls out fast or recovering from casting faster to attack. Total combat medic. I would start with maximize and empower healing first. To be completely honest I would take 1 barbarian 4 fighter with this for run speed and try to manipulate stats alongside tomes to get the first two tiers of a weapon style feat and improved critical.
    Last edited by Enderoc; 11-28-2016 at 06:31 AM.

Looks like the art of healing is now lost and it's time for me to do some research and testing on my own.
    Pure healbots have fallen out of favor because (A) most classes have access to some form of self-healing these days (e.g., at lvl 12 your friend's barb can take Blood Strength which covers most of a barb's self-healing needs), rendering a full-time healer unnecessary; and (B) frankly it gets pretty boring just sitting there watching people's HP bars and occasionally tossing off a targeted Cure/Heal or firing your bursts. If anything, the whole point to Radiant Aura is to provide a passive HoT so you can do something besides healing, IMO.

Furthermore, any caster cleric build is also going to make a pretty good healer as well; it's just a matter of how much you invest in Radiant Servant vs Divine Disciple.

Default PDK TWF Build

Very new player looking for a PDK build that utilizes my 2 khopeshes that I have had for the past 2 lives.
    I am a premium player with no gear to speak of other than my LGS khopeshs. Whatever is available on AH is what I take.
    I have no idea what I am doing so I live by the KISS philosophy.
    Mostly a solo player that does raids with guild on weekends.
    1st life was human 18Ranger/1Rogue/1Fighter
    2nd life is human pure fighter
    I only own MOTU, GH, Stormhorns, Necro 4 and will pick up a few things for the holiday this year. Open to suggestions...
    Looking for a Pally or Barbarian build. Am sticking with melee styles at the moment
    Thanks

Looking to consult with someone about a Blood of Vol dagger build, preferably with T5 Warpriest for Wrathful weapon + Righteous weapon.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrWily View Post
    Looking to consult with someone about a Blood of Vol dagger build, preferably with T5 Warpriest for Wrathful weapon + Righteous weapon.
    For a funzies build, try 3 bard, 12 divine, 4 warlock starting with SB, then taking divine levels/warlock as you prefer when ap is available.

17 into SB to swash buckle and get resonant arms 6d6 sonic damage on crit. scaling with spell power. Plus open handed style for 6 dmg/10% DS.

24 into ES to get 3d6 light damage on hit scaling with spell power and brilliance for refreshing temp hp and defenses.

Put the rest of your ap into warpriest, for light damage on hit and every 25 hits as an aoe scaling with spell power. Will add DM for more damage, and +5 dmg.

Since you are low on feats, I would do this with a FVS, for free diety feats, and +5 dmg.

Sky Captain's dagger is your friend.

SWFx3, PA-GCx3, IC, quicken on a human for feats?
    Last edited by Tilomere; 12-01-2016 at 02:25 AM.

Community Member

I know how I would build it.

1 Arti, 4 warlock, 15 cleric int/con/dex for ranged feats/some wisdom

AP
    29 ES Aura of Courage/Aura to add fear saves/prr/mrr/AC/Temp HP/summons+hires 30 MP/3d6 light dmg on hit scaling with spell power

36 RS Aura

15 AP Harper +3 all skills/ int to hit and dmg

Weapon: GS/LGS Ooze heavy repeater.

Skills spot/search/disable

If I'm gona aura heal and buff, might as well hit a horde of summoned oozes as well.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 12-01-2016 at 02:52 AM.

If you have Harper, then it's trivial to convert my Radiant Marauder to Blood of Vol (or Olladra using sickles) instead of Sovereign Host. I think T5 RS makes more sense than T5 WP (Wrathful Weapons is still terrible DPS, IMO), but that's up to you and is just a matter of resetting Enhancements.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    If you have Harper, then it's trivial to convert my Radiant Marauder to Blood of Vol (or Olladra using sickles) instead of Sovereign Host. I think T5 RS makes more sense than T5 WP (Wrathful Weapons is still terrible DPS, IMO), but that's up to you and is just a matter of resetting Enhancements.
    Wrathful Weapons is more for the extra +1 weapon bonus, at least until I hit lv26 if I do go for Single-weapon fighting where the vorpal effect becomes more noticeable. I also don't have Harper, nor do I intend to get Harper anytime soon. Not sure whether to go Cleric for some extra healing, or Favored Soul for some extra damage and free feats. Though keeping bard in allows me to twist in Reign for some extra vorpal damage. I do have two old Favored Souls, one Lv10 Drow and one Lv8 Warforged, both with the +0 and +20 Lesser Hearts that were distributed back in like U19 (the Drow one also still has his Raider's Box, so I can pick up an Agony if I wanted to without ever needing to run Web).

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    For a funzies build, try 3 bard, 12 divine, 4 warlock starting with SB, then taking divine levels/warlock as you prefer when ap is available.

17 into SB to swash buckle and get resonant arms 6d6 sonic damage on crit. scaling with spell power. Plus open handed style for 6 dmg/10% DS.

24 into ES to get 3d6 light damage on hit scaling with spell power and brilliance for refreshing temp hp and defenses.

Put the rest of your ap into warpriest, for light damage on hit and every 25 hits as an aoe scaling with spell power. Will add DM for more damage, and +5 dmg.

Since you are low on feats, I would do this with a FVS, for free diety feats, and +5 dmg.

Sky Captain's dagger is your friend.

SWFx3, PA-GCx3, IC, quicken on a human for feats?
    I did think of divine/Bard, but I didn't think to add Warlock into the mix too. Still thinking of whether I'd like Str + Cha, or Dex since Weapon Finesse + Swift Strikes can be a thing. Also thinking of forsaking Bard entirely for Paladin KotC, maybe 14 Paladin/6 Divine to make up for not having that swashbuckling bonus.

16. 12-02-2016, 02:55 AM

Wrathful Weapons is more for the extra +1 weapon bonus, at least until I hit lv26 if I do go for Single-weapon fighting where the vorpal effect becomes more noticeable.
    The problem with Wrathful is that - unlike AA imbues or Spiritual Retribution - the light damage doesn't scale with Spellpower, so it never gets any better. Meanwhile the problem with Divine Vessel is (A) it can only fire once every 25 seconds at best on a MCed build and (B) it fires automatically when you hit 25 stacks, which means you can't control when you use it. T5 Warpriest was weaksauce when it came out, IMO, and it's gotten worse by comparison to all the PrE buffage / power creep in the last couple of years. Frankly, I'd do a DEX-based TWF rog 5 / cleric 15 using T5 Assassin before I based a build on T5 WP.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Default Barbarian/Warlock build advice

So I've run barbarians before, and I love them. I've also run with warlocks before, and I love brilliance (temp hp aura).
    What I'm wondering is if there's a viable way to combine both, and if it's worth getting t5 warlock while you're at it (you're already 24 AP's into ES, why not get Shining Through, Displacement etc).

Barbarian Trees are very front-loaded with T5 benefits and great cores. Given this will be a MC build and capstones are not available, I was figuring Barb 12/Warlock 4-7/?Cleric 1?

Warlock 4 is minimum for Brilliance, 5 gets you Tier 5's, 6 gets Rage, +2 to saves, 7 gets stoneskin (doesn't go far with a barbarian but it's cheap sooo).
    I'm thinking dip Cleric/FvS 1 to get CLW for topping off your HP between fights. Obviously twists work in epics, but heroics matter too. I'm not a huge fan of consumables.

If you can get spellpower/insightful spellpower, I think the warlock cleaves might beat out normal cleaves (given some quick napkin math) because you can metamagic them (trade C/GC for Emp/Max, and get Intensify as your lvl 24 feat). You can use FB Supreme cleave to fill in the gaps a bit.

I figure 34 AP's into ES, 21 into FB, and 21 into ravager.

Temps flow freely from Blood tribute (possibly doublestacked as needed) and Brilliance +con every 4-5 seconds (doubled in epics).
    Extended Displacement/Rage (Fiend pact) will help between rages, as well.

Build is Str max, Con secondary, everything else is gravy. Enough int to max the skills you want.

Advise/thoughts? I have no clue if this would be effective, it just seems like Brilliance reduces my required self-healing by 70% or so which would be awesome.

Top set is using Cleave/Great Cleave, T5 into Ravager.
    Bottom set is using Warlock Cleaves, T5 into ES.

Disclaimer: Probably some cut and paste errors:
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    What I'm wondering is if there's a viable way to combine both, and if it's worth getting t5 warlock while you're at it (you're already 24 AP's into ES, why not get Shining Through, Displacement etc).
    Yum!

PDK OR Human - 12 paladin/ 6 fighter/ 2 monk - Tanky kensei paly centered while fighting with greataxe in ultimate mountain stance. Masters Blitz or primal avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    You are not allowed to have two sets of tier-5 abilities; so taking T5 ES for Shining Thru would lock you out of T5 Ravager (Crit Rage + Blood Strength), which is where a lot of power in majority-barb builds.
    I'm thinking dip Cleric/FvS 1 to get CLW for topping off your HP between fights.
    You can't use spells or SLAs while Raged, so might as well just build around UMD to provide your between-combat heals, which is easy enough to max out
    If you can get spellpower/insightful spellpower, I think the warlock cleaves might beat out normal cleaves (given some quick napkin math) because you can metamagic them (trade C/GC for Emp/Max, and get Intensify as your lvl 24 feat).
    As SLAs, I don't think they can be used while Raged; recommend you test it yourself on an alt first. Also a number of people who have done melee ES builds complain about the lag time between using the ES bursts and being able to swing a weapon again, although apparently Quick Draw reduces the delay a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    That's not really a barb build, though; it's a warlock-based tree build which takes a barb 3 splash for Supreme Cleave. Not saying it's a bad build; just saying it's not what they're asking for.

Page 158 of 231 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208 ... LastLast