Page 154 of 231 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,080 of 4618
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zindro View Post
    My wife wants a simple character, like a straight fighter or barbarian. She would be willing to splash in rogue.
    The primary melee classes - i.e. barb, pally, ftr, rgr - have all received serious buffage in the last two years. [Except monk: hopefully they'll be buffed this year.] In particular, the capstones have gotten a lot stronger, so think seriously about your build goals before splashing. A pure barb like Zoda is about as simple as it gets for DDO.
    I can play anything. I was thinking bard so I could heal us and I read they are OP now.
    Bard Swashbuckler is a pretty fun, versatile build, IMO; while its melee DPS has been eclipsed by other classes, it's still pretty good and it multiclasses better than other classes do (or rather it gives up less DPS by MCing as its capstone isn't that strong). Also the recent buffs to Kensei open up some interesting options involving handaxes or light picks due to how crit bonuses stack. A couple of builds to consider:

More builds available in the Repository.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

The Eternal Rapscallion Haphazarduk's Avatar

Default Looking for a good support build (can be flavourful)

Hello builders (those that are left).

I'm looking for a fun support build that can do some heroic levelling with at least one friend and probably pugs. I want to be able to support the group as much as possible although what that actually means might be up for debate. I guess it means some healing but also be able to buff, cc and possibly, some other more 'surprising' stuff. In fact , I like the idea of the character being able to do the slightly unexpected, if thats at all possible.

In any case the obvious class to me seems to be bard and I'd be more than happy to play one as I haven't really done that before but thought I'd ask to see if there might be any builds or combos I hadn't thought of. We're starting at 4th, will probably not play much into epic, I have decent amounts of kit and the odd tome and am VIP.

I am, in general, an inveterate multiclasser so happy to go with weird and wonderful multi class builds but pure are also an option. Any thoughts/ideas gratefully received. The other player is a rogue so we're covered for traps although again, there's no reason *not* to have trap finding.

EDIT: Of course doing damage also contributes to the party so a little bit of DPS (or offensive spells) would also be good.

Hap
    Last edited by Haphazarduk; 09-04-2016 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazarduk View Post
    In any case the obvious class to me seems to be bard and I'd be more than happy to play one as I haven't really done that before but thought I'd ask to see if there might be any builds or combos I hadn't thought of. We're starting at 4th, will probably not play much into epic, I have decent amounts of kit and the odd tome and am VIP.
    Simplest option is probably pure bard Spellsinger, something like Soza: max CHA, Enchantment focus, usual metamagics. Or go Evocation-specced if you want more of a sonic nuker, though that may be trickier in epics.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

The Eternal Rapscallion Haphazarduk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Simplest option is probably pure bard Spellsinger, something like Soza: max CHA, Enchantment focus, usual metamagics. Or go Evocation-specced if you want more of a sonic nuker, though that may be trickier in epics.
    That looks interesting. Do you think a SB/SS hybrid is viable, giving me some decent melee dos but retaining the enchantment support or do you think the build would be too feat starved?

Hap

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazarduk View Post
    Do you think a SB/SS hybrid is viable, giving me some decent melee dos but retaining the enchantment support or do you think the build would be too feat starved?
    Feats are an issue: you could try to make a more caster / Enchanter-specced version of the Count, but I'm always wary of trying to do too much on a first-life.

Community Member

Default Wizard Respec request

So, let's start with the basics. I'm a Premium player, so while I've got some classes and packs, I don't have everything. And while I do have access to 32 point builds, the character I'm looking to respec is only a 28-er, at least until I TR (which is down the road).

He's a human Wiz20/Epic5 Archmage/Magister CF of mistakes; I specced him for DPS rather than DC. My current plan is to take him to 30, eTR him, and then use my lesser heart to respec for a DC caster while I fill out my destiny tree. How would you suggest I do that?

Quote Originally Posted by OnceAgainBros View Post
    And while I do have access to 32 point builds, the character I'm looking to respec is only a 28-er, at least until I TR (which is down the road).
    FYI, Turbine eliminated Greater Reincarnation; instead, if you Lesser Reincarnate a 28-pt char after you unlock 32pt builds (either thru Favor or DDO Store), it will automatically upgrade to 32pt char during the LR.
    He's a human Wiz20/Epic5 Archmage/Magister CF of mistakes; I specced him for DPS rather than DC. My current plan is to take him to 30, eTR him, and then use my lesser heart to respec for a DC caster while I fill out my destiny tree.
    Epic Reincarnation is functionally similar to an LR, except you go back down to lvl 20 rather than staying at 30; so there's no need to do a separate LR after an ER.

Pale Master is still the most common choice for a pure fleshy wizard, so start with the PM Guide. A Shiradi-specced wiz build would focus on Evocation Archmage, but that's for after you're done leveling / capping your EDs.

FYI, you'll find plenty of builds in the Repository, so keep that thread bookmarked.

EDIT: forgot I posted a first-life PM build a few weeks ago.
    Last edited by unbongwah; 09-07-2016 at 10:38 AM.

I'm looking to create a pure class dwarf wielding a pair of dwarven axes. I'm not sure if the best bet would be fighter, berserker or ranger.

Thoughts? Build ideas? Each link I've seen for this gives a 404 error and I am brand spanking new to the game hence my debate on the class itself even.

I do have VIP for at least the next three months in case that affects the answers.
    Ghord Steelsong - Human Swashbuckling Bard

Quote Originally Posted by RabidWombat View Post
    I'm looking to create a pure class dwarf wielding a pair of dwarven axes. I'm not sure if the best bet would be fighter, berserker or ranger.
    Any of them are fine, though my inclination would be Tempest ranger, in part because you get the TWF feats free and don't have to worry about DEX pre-reqs like you would on a ftr, barb, or paladin. You could even go CON-based using Throw Your Weight Around (TYWA), but in my view it's too expensive to be worth it; might as well stick with typical STR build.
    I do have VIP for at least the next three months in case that affects the answers.
    VIP means access to Harper, which can be used to boost your DPS if you invest in INT and take Know the Angles. However, you might not want to base your build on P2P features you're going to lose access to in a few months; plus it spreads your stats out thinner.

Code:
    Kundarak Tempest
    Ranger 20
    True Neutral Dwarf

Stats
                   28pt     32pt     Level Up
                   ----     ----     --------
    Strength        18       18       4: STR
    Dexterity       14       14       8: STR
    Constitution    16       18      12: STR
    Intelligence     8        8      16: STR
    Wisdom           8        8      20: STR
    Charisma         6        6      24: STR
                                     28: STR

Skills
              1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
             ------------------------------------------------------------
    Concent   4  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  23
    Heal      4  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  23
    Search    4  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  23
    Balance   1  1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1  11
    UMD       2     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     11
    Tumble    1                                                            1
             20  5  5  5  5  5  5  5  5  5  5  5  5  5  5  5  5  5  5  5

Feats

1        : Precision OR Power Attack
     1 Ranger : Favored Enemy: Undead
     3        : Dodge
     5 Ranger : Favored Enemy: Giant
     6        : Mobility
     9        : Improved Critical: Slashing
    10 Ranger : Favored Enemy: Evil Outsider
    12        : Quicken Spell
    15        : Empower Healing Spell
    15 Ranger : Favored Enemy: Construct
    18        : Point Blank Shot
    20 Ranger : Favored Enemy: Human
    21 Epic   : Overwhelming Critical
    24 Epic   : Improved Critical: Ranged
    26 Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting
    27 Epic   : Epic Damage Reduction
    28 Destiny: Elusive Target OR First Blood
    29 Destiny: Deific Warding OR Embodiment of Law
    30 Epic   : Blinding Speed
    30 Legend : Scion of: Arborea OR Plane of Earth

Enhancements (80 AP)

Tempest (49 AP)

• Shield of Whirling Steel, Tempest, Graceful Death, Deflect Arrows, Whirlwind, Dervish
      1. Improved Reaction III, Whirling Blades
      2. Improved Parry III, Improved Dodge III, Whirling Blades
      3. Storm Dancer, Improved Mobility III, Whirling Blades
      4. Storm Tempest, Elaborate Parry III, The Growing Storm III, Whirling Blades
      5. Dual Perfection, Evasive Dance III, Cuts: A Thousand Cuts III, Whirling Blades, Dance of Death III
    Deepwood Stalker (31 AP)
    • Far Shot, Sneak Attack, Exposing Strike, Advanced Sneak Attack, Mark of the Hunted
      1. Stealthy III, Tendon Cut III
      2. Survivalist, Melee/Range Power Boost III
      3. Survivalist, Thrill of the Hunt III, Favored Hunter III
      4. Survivalist, Killer III, Merciful Shot
    [/color] Leveling Guide
    1. Tem0 Shield of Whirling Steel; Tem1 Whirling Blades; Tem1 Improved Reaction I
    2. Tem1 Improved Reaction II; Tem2 Whirling Blades; Tem2 Improved Parry I
    3. Tem0 Tempest; Tem2 Improved Parry II; Tem3 Storm Dancer
    4. Tem3 Whirling Blades; Tem2 Improved Parry III; Tem2 Improved Dodge I
    5. Tem2 Improved Dodge II; Tem1 Improved Reaction III; Tem2 Improved Dodge III; DS0 Far Shot
    6. Tem0 Graceful Death; Tem4 Storm Tempest; Tem4 The Growing Storm I
    7. Tem4 The Growing Storm II, III; Tem4 Whirling Blades
    8. DS1 Stealthy I, II, III; DS1 Tendon Cut I
    9. DS0 Sneak Attack; DS2 Survivalist; DS2 Melee/Range Power Boost I
    10. DS2 Melee/Range Power Boost II; DS0 Exposing Strike; DS2 Melee/Range Power Boost III; Tem3 Improved Mobility I
    11. Tem3 Improved Mobility II, III; (Bank 2 AP)
    12. Tem0 Deflect Arrows; Tem5 Dual Perfection; Tem5 Dance of Death I, II, III
    13. Tem5 Whirling Blades; Tem5 Cuts: A Thousand Cuts I, II
    14. Tem5 Cuts: A Thousand Cuts III; DS3 Favored Hunter I, II, III
    15. DS3 Thrill of the Hunt I, II, III
    16. DS3 Survivalist; DS0 Advanced Sneak Attack; DS4 Killer I, II
    17. DS4 Killer III; DS4 Merciful Shot; DS1 Tendon Cut II
    18. Tem0 Whirlwind; DS4 Survivalist; DS1 Tendon Cut III
    19. DS0 Mark of the Hunted; Tem4 Elaborate Parry I, II, III
    20. Tem0 Dervish; Tem5 Evasive Dance I, II, III

Community Member

Default Centered Dwarven Axer

This may not be viable but I'm looking to run a centered dwarven axe build for my next TR/eTR - I am a completionist with 2 extra lives in Wizard (total 3) looking to run an Iconic from 16-30, eTR (EE runs), Back to 30 (EH runs) and then TR back to another Iconic for 1 epic past life. I have at least +4 tomes in each ability.

I love the idea of running a dwarven ax, centered twf toon but can't make anything work. I am having a really hard time coming up with anything that has adequate defenses and self healing so as to be survivable but I love the idea of the extra crit action from Kensai, Earth Stance, Devastating Crit, Overwhelming Crit, and Headsman's Chop. I'd love to make evasion (or better, improved evasion) viable.

I've considered a Dex based ranger-based with hand axes to accomplish most of that but there's something about DAxes I've always loved and I have a store of pretty cool ones. I also like the idea of throwing on two Axes of Adaxus and wreaking havok. (x9 Crit multiplier on 19-20!! - then another +1/+1 with fists of iron for x10 multiplier) If I have to do the handaxes I'll probably just do something else.

I've thought of warlock, paladin, ranger, fighter, wizard, and sorc splits and can't come up with anything that really satisfies me. Best I've done is a harper PDK Monk 9/Fighter 6/Paladin 5 but at the end realized saves were **** and paladin was wasted because Charisma had to be cranked down so low.

Maybe an Int based Ranger12/Fighter6/Monk2 with insightful reflexes? But then no Gr Weapon Focus and miss +3 damage from Fighter 5 tier. A Fighter12/Ranger6/Monk2 - could work with Int based and insightful. Only cocoon and pots for healing? Sheesh?

Again, this may be impossible. Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Last edited by hrmn8r; 09-07-2016 at 05:45 PM.

Lightbulb Help with a build dwarf battle cleric 18 fighter 2

Hello. Hope this is the right place.
    I'm an old player returned after 5 years and I need help to rebuild my dwarf battle cleric. Was a 2008 build. When I came back his enhancements were reset and I have 76 points to use. Problem is the tree is way different now and I picked up Harper tree with the points I had.
    What I need help with is to pick the enhancements over. It's a dwarf 17 cleric and 2 fighter currently. Was going to do the free 20 lesser wood to reset so no fighter levels before 20 to get cap stone if that works that way or just finish level 20 as is. I also never used any of the tomes I have. On orion server, any help would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadOnes View Post
    What I need help with is to pick the enhancements over. It's a dwarf 17 cleric and 2 fighter currently. Was going to do the free 20 lesser wood to reset so no fighter levels before 20 to get cap stone if that works that way or just finish level 20 as is.
    Welcome back to DDO.

The cleric capstones are unfortunately all kinda weaksauce, IMO, so you're not losing much without them. In fact, the lvl 18 core Enhancements aren't much better (depending on your build, ofc), so you might want to consider cleric 17 / ftr 3 which lets you pickup defensive stance from Stalwart Defender and some extra DPS bonuses from Kensei. At that point, you can decide to either (A) HTR for a cleric PL feat and 2 extra stat pts (if you aren't already a 36-pt build, natch); (B) work on leveling your EDs; or (C) if all else fails, use that LR +20 to switch to a completely different build.

As for what to do with your Enhancements now: it depends on your exact build, but I'm inferring you went with some sort of melee / healer battlecleric. So I would start by putting 32+ APs into Radiant Servant for Positive Energy Aura and at least 4 APs into Warpriest for Divine Might and 4 APs into Kensei for Haste Boost; if you do a 17/3 split, 13 APs into Stalwart D. gets you defensive stance with +25 PRR/MRR, +3 to saves, and +20% HPs (Tenacious Defense).

Default Halfling Wizard

Hello,

I am thinking about bringing back one of the first characters I started the game with. Currently, it is a level 15 Halfling Wizard. I stopped playing him way back when they fixed the bug that allowed Halfling characters to use healing wands and scrolls if they had the healing dragonmarks. I quess that was an exploit, but I still think that it should have been kept as an option (I don't like playing robots in a fantasy game, and would prefer not to have to be undead to heal myself, but whatever).

I re-specced it at some point to take Tier 5 Harper, and some Necro and A-Mage Enhancements, but never actually play-tested it. I am thinking about adding some sort of throwing weapons to make use of the Int damage option while keeping my distance, but this is not a requirement. My plan was to make a DC caster with self healing that was not a robot. I think I have SF in Enchantment and Necro (Maybe Evo).

I cannot look at the build right now, since I am currently at sea. It is a nostalgic / flavor build, so I don't really care if it is Legendary Epic capable (I have other toons for that). Anyway, I have some Lesser Rez tokens, so making changes is not off the table. I will work with the planner and come up with something, but I would like to get some insight / feedback from my DDO mates who have not been forced to take a long hiatus from the game due to operational commitment.

The only requirements I have are as follows:
    Halfling
    Pure or close to pure Wizard
    An old school caster build (no plate and shield melee tank)
    Preference for DC based, but could go shiradi if I wanted to, if only to max out the destiny.
    Not completely gimp, and could potentially play epics as a first life toon.

The character is a 32 point first life toon, and I do not know what tomes I have, but I do have all of the gift items given since before year 6.
    The character's name is Jynji on Thelanis.

Thank you for your cooperation and support.

Very Respectfully,

Jyn
    Jyn... Kender... Thelanis

*Insert clever comment here*

Default Long eared Rogue Acrobat with a big stick - for a returning player; pretty please ;-)

Hello,

I found your topic two days ago and am still in the middle of analysing your builds. (and tones of info about new enhancements + all topics about builds + about THF + about rogues nowadays + ....aaa! help!)
    As I consider myself a noob ;-) because of coming back after three years long break, I still has far too small knowledge about current and previous changes in game to create anything good by own. I decided then to ask for a build, too.
    I play on Cannith (3 old toons) and on Khyber (2 gimps there). Premium player. Last bought pack was MOTU, can buy more.

Drow or elf. Maybe half-elf. Might be gnome or halfling.
    Rogue. Thief acrobat. THF.
    First life build. Still not sure if DEX or STR based. What about INT based...ummm ><
    I've got no idea about harper's tree, so I will appreciate any explanations related to the build...
    A bit afraid of splashed build (no exp with them till now), but can give it a try. Is 18/2 or 13/7 a mandatory nowadays?
    Can use some tomes from my old toons. Or buy if needed.
    Have a collection of staves so just can farm low level ones and also craft gs and other later.
    Have a lot of rogue items from old toons, so equipment is not a problem but I'd appreciate any suggestions about new items worth to have.

She has to be able to solo quest AND BE an asset in the party.
    I want her to be survivable (CON no lover than 14, tomes and appropriate gear -> obvious) AND do a good DPS!
    Although I humble accept the fact that a good equipment and 2 lev of Rog is enough to do traps, still - I love them, so she has to be able do ALL traps and locks!

Drow or elf, because I just love those long eared, pointy nosed creatures. Having similar big eyes, triangle shaped face and beig a petite one in RL, how can I choose anyone else? ;-) Might give a try gnome or halfling - they look cute ^^
    ROGUE as I am devoted to them and always roll a toon who is one :-) Thief Acrobat, THF due to tempting shine of big sticks :-P

As I have to re-learn the game from the scratch (and do and will do it with a pleasure!) it should be the first life build. DEX or STR. Can be even INT based but I have no exp with that as well as with splashed builds...so, maybe staying pure rogue be better?

Tomes, rogue gear, staves - got them from old toons and/or can farm (or steal...yarrrr :-P) for new ones if needed - so equipment is not a big deal. I would appreciate ALL hints related to that, anyway; especially about new items ^^ ('Ooo, shiny!' <3)

Con is NOT a dump stat, so back in the days I even wrote a post on the guild forum (Spellbinders! <3) about that ;-)
    But if there any NEW ways - created within last 3 (!) years to have as much as it is possible for a drow/elf/helf - TELL me please!

Traps are my life :-P And locks. And hidden doors. Yep...so gimme my preciouss and zerg if you want :-P She HAS to be able ALL traps - on epic and...all-of-the-universe level as well! Just love the click sound of disarmed trap <3 <3 <3

DPS - she should be a tough girl with a small and beautiful foot's SOLID KICK in the big boss' ass. Make her a cute badass with a BIG stick, please :-p

And I'd love to do heroic content solo as well. BUT HAS to be an asset in the party as I do miss so much raids...sigh, my beloved Shroud was nerfed as I heard...;-( And I used to run in weekly as a proud officer of Spellbinders guild...

I have a lot of gear and equipment from my old toons on Cannith so I can use it, tomes as well. I would love to farm new shinies, too! :-)

1) Bluff or Diplo? I used to use Bluff, very rarely diplo if ever? But I see quite often builds with high diplo - why?
    2) Swim - there are not many quest with fast swimming requirements - any reason to put more than 1 point into it if any at all?
    3) Listen - is it worth to spend a single point into it at all? Will high Spot be not enough or...?
    4) Tumble - I don't remember to use that skill ever. If not being a monk or having monk splash - is it really worth to put so many points into it as I see in many builds?
    5) Jump - how many points for acrobat will be enough? I see builds with almost maxed Jump or with reasonable amount of points used. I know about cap of 40 pts, but should it be total amount = 40 pts or? How to count it correctly?
    6) Is 262 HP "NAKED" = without gear, buffs, gs, etc. - enough (for a drow pure Rogue Acrobat)?
    {I've tried to figure out how to use a character planner ;-) and that was one of results on level 20}

EDIT: I've aleady found answers on almost all of above, except from 6) ;-)

Hugs and I hope you can create sth for me - thank you very much!
    Last edited by Felisin; 09-22-2016 at 06:45 AM. Reason: adding some new info
    Noob, 'cause was 5 years away from the game xD Third attempt to figure out what's going on here on a new toon - Mezlaa, TA now lvl26(Orien) . My old toons: bhokarala, Assassin, lvl20; Mezla, Acrobat, lvl20; Jinga, Bard, lvl7 (Cannith) and two more gimps on Khyber :-P

Requester wanted a deep gnome ITR melee build which got Artificer PL and didn't have to LR +1 to get rid of wizard level. Here's what I came up with:
    Code:
    DG Khopengineer
    9/8/3 Artificer/Fighter/Wizard
    True Neutral Deep Gnome

Level Order

1. Wizard          6. Artificer      11. Artificer      16. Fighter
    2. Artificer       7. Fighter        12. Fighter        17. Fighter
    3. Artificer       8. Fighter        13. Fighter        18. Artificer
    4. Artificer       9. Artificer      14. Fighter        19. Wizard
    5. Artificer      10. Artificer      15. Fighter        20. Wizard

Stats
                   36pt     Tome     Level Up
                   ----     ----     --------
    Strength        11       +2       4: INT
    Dexterity       11       +2       8: INT
    Constitution    16       +5      12: INT
    Intelligence    20       +2      16: INT
    Wisdom          10       +2      20: INT
    Charisma         8       +2      24: INT
                                     28: INT

Skills
              W  A  A  A  A  A  F  F  A  A  A  F  F  F  F  F  F  A  W  W
              1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    Spellcr   4        3  1  1  1  1     2  1              1  1  3  2  2  23
    Disable      5  1  1  1  1        3  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  23
    Search    2  3  1  1  1  1        3  1  1  ½   1  1  1  1  1  1  1  23
    Spot      2     4  1  1  1        2  2  1     1    1  1  1  1  1  23
    UMD       2  1  3  1  1  1        3  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  23
    Open Lo            3  5  1           4  1                    5        19
    Heal      2              2     1        2                              7
    Balance   2                 3              2                           7
    Jump                           5                                       5
    Tumble    2                                                            2
    Repair                                  1                              1
             28  9  9 10 10 10  8  9 11 11 11  9  9  9  9 10 10 12 10 10

Feats

1        : Single Weapon Fighting
     1 Wizard : Mental Toughness OR Quicken Spell
     3        : Exotic Weapon: Khopesh
     5 Arti   : Weapon Focus: Slashing
     6        : Insightful Reflexes
     7 Fighter: Power Attack
     8 Fighter: Cleave
     9        : Improved Single Weapon Fighting
    11 Arti   : Improved Critical: Slashing
    12        : Great Cleave
    13 Fighter: Weapon Specialization: Slashing
    15        : Precision
    15 Fighter: Greater Single Weapon Fighting
    17 Fighter: Greater Weapon Focus: Slashing
    18        : Toughness OR Improved Mental Toughness
    21 Epic   : Overwhelming Critical
    24 Epic   : Epic Toughness OR Heavy Armor Combatant OR Epic Mental Toughness
    26 Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting
    27 Epic   : Epic Damage Reduction
    28 Destiny: Perfect Single Weapon Fighting OR Elusive Target
    29 Destiny: Dire Charge
    30 Epic   : Tactical Combatant
    30 Legend : Scion of: Plane of Earth

Enhancements (80 AP)

Kensei (35 AP)

• Kensei Focus: Heavy Blades, Spiritual Bond, Strike with No Thought
      1. Extra Action Boost III, Weapon Group Specialization, Exotic Weapon Mastery, Haste Boost III
      2. Weapon Group Specialization, Ascetic Training: Conditioning I
      3. Weapon Group Specialization, Shattering Strike I
      4. Weapon Group Specialization, Strike at the Heart, Opportunity Attack, Liquid Courage
      5. A Good Death: Melee, Weapon Master, One with the Blade, Deadly Strike, Keen Edge
    Eldritch Knight (Wizard) (14 AP)
    • Eldritch Strike, Spellsword: Acid
      1. Improved Mage Armor III, Toughness I
      2. Improved Shield III, Martial Training
      3. Arcane Barrier III
    Stalwart Defender (13 AP)
    • Toughness, Stalwart Defense
      1. Item Defense I, Durable Defense III
      2. Resilient Defense III, Instinctive Defense I
      3. Tenacious Defense III
    Harper Agent (12 AP)
    • Agent of Good I
      1. Harper Enchantment, Strategic Combat
      2. Versatile Adept II, Know the Angles III
      3. Strategic Combat
    Deep Gnome (6 AP)
    • Wariness, Intelligence, Wariness II
      1. Illusory Escape
      2. Permanent Blur
    Destiny (24 AP) Legendary Dreadnought
    1. Legendary Tactics III, Extra Action Boost III, Constitution
    2. Momentum Swing III, Imp. Power Attack, Constitution
    3. Lay Waste
    4. Volcano's Edge
    5. Advancing Blows, Devastating Critical
    6. Master's Blitz
    Twists of Fate (35 fate points)
    1. Energy Burst: Acid (Tier 4 Draconic)
    2. Sacred Ground (Tier 3 Crusader)
    3. Consecration (Tier 2 Crusader)
    4. Rejuvenation Cocoon (Tier 1 Primal)
    5. Brace for Impact (Tier 1 Sentinel)
    Highlights: INT-based (Harper) SWF khopesh* + Runearm build - T5 Kensei, Tenacious Defense (+20% HPs), Arcane Barrier, lvl 4 arty spell slot (Armor of Speed). Heroic heals come from UMD or pots; epic heals from usual ED Twists. [EDIT: Dreadnought is best for epic melee DPS, of course; this build also works fine in Crusader.] At lvl 29+, use Dire Charge -> Energy Burst -> Consecration -> Cleaves for trash mobs.

EDIT: originally I was going to take DG SLAs (Color Spray + PK), but changed my mind; not sure I can get DCs high enough to make them useful. Feel free to ditch, say, EK and try them for yourself, though.

EDIT: forgot to list Enhancement order, but Harper first, then Kensei, then SD, finally EK + DG as you can afford the APs.

*Dwarven axe or bastard sword works instead, of course, but you'll have to tweak feat or leveling order b/c they require base STR 13 (khopesh doesn't). Also for d.axe take Headman's Chop from LD instead of extra +1 CON.
    Last edited by unbongwah; 09-23-2016 at 04:11 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by hrmn8r View Post
    This may not be viable but I'm looking to run a centered dwarven axe build for my next TR/eTR .... I'd love to make evasion (or better, improved evasion) viable.
    2 monk, 18 fighter

35 AP Kensai (crit/multiplier/melee power/melee power)
    31 AP StD (2 target action boost)
    13 AP Shintao, offhand, fists of iron, iron skin

Feats that make sense

Divine Crusader

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Felisin View Post

She has to be able to solo quest AND BE an asset in the party.
    Make her a cute badass with a BIG stick, please :-p

1) Bluff
    Pure 20 Elf Rogue, female

Str 15 + 2 level ups
    Dex 16 + rest of level ups
    Con 12
    Int 14
    Wis 10
    Char 8

1 THF#1
    3 Precision
    6 Dragonmark
    9 THF#2
    12 IC:B
    15 THF#3
    18 Quick Draw
    21 OC
    24 Toughness
    26 THF#4
    27 Epic DR
    28 TWF#4
    29 Dire Charge
    30 Scion Ethereal
    30 Epic Toughness

Enhancements
    Elf 15 Dragonmark Displacement/Fey Energy tap (to fuel ED healing)
    TA 41 Capstone
    Go wild 24

ED: Any with healing, or any twisting healing.

Edit 9/26 feat order
    Last edited by Tilomere; 09-26-2016 at 03:14 PM.

Thank you Tilemore. Just let me ask few questions more:

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Pure 20 Elf Rogue, female
    Max dex, decent int/wisdom for skills, decent con, levels in dex
    Odd or even numbers? And how about using tomes? Do I uderstand correctly that I can use +1 tome on 1st life char on lvl3, not earlier? Saw some builds they started with using +3 or +5 tomes on lvl1, so feel a bit confused...

1 Precision
    18 Quick Draw
    No Power Attack and no Cleave, why? Most of builds I saw on that forum have them.
    Ah and no Toughness? O.o. - afraid of being a squishy one ><

Enhancements
    Elf 15 Dragonmark Displacement/Fey Energy tap (to fuel ED healing)
    TA 41 Capstone
    Go wild 24
    Ummm, noob question again:
    - what does that 41 mean? >< TA = Thief Acrobat, Capstone is clear as well...but that 41?
    - Go wild 24 = do what you want till lvl24 or...? ><><><

PS: Any suggestions which enhancements from Harper's Tree to use? ;-)

Thanks!
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________________
    UPDATE:

Finally...I bought Harper's Tree (discounted!^^) and just rolled...Drow Acrobat. Tilemore : After that I'm still in hope, that you will not find me with a big scepter or whatever all Warlocks use and... ;-)

Base stats:
    STR: 14 (wanted to have a decent attack...)
    DEX: 16 (and will invest into it)
    CON: 14
    INT: 14
    CHA: 12
    WIS: 8

LVL1:

Feats:
    1. Power Attack ('cause I'd love to take Cleave later, but still consider to swap on Precise and follow the path suggested by you)

Enhancements:
    Lvl1: (A): Staff Control I, Thief Acrobatics I
    (H): Agent of Good I, Traveller's Toughness I (don't want to be a squishy one ;-))

Stats:
    Lvl1:
    4 pts: Spot, Search, Disable Device, Open Lock, UMD; Bluff; Move Silently, Hide; Jump
    1 pt: Balance, Tumble; Diplomacy; Listen (then Jump? later)
    O pt: Swim; Haggle (listed to remember to put 1pt into each later)

LVL2:

Enhancements: Acrobat Staff Training I, Fast Movement

Stats:
    Lvl2:
    1 pt: Spot, Search, Disable Device, Open Lock, UMD; Bluff; Move Silently; Jump, Balance; Swim

And I just can't belive how could I live without using Trip and Bluff earlier...LOVE them both now <3
    And that stupid face (?) expression of Sahuagin bluffed :-P or tripped necromancers, so clumsy with their long robes, hahhahah!
    Last edited by Felisin; 09-23-2016 at 08:57 AM. Reason: additional info
    Noob, 'cause was 5 years away from the game xD Third attempt to figure out what's going on here on a new toon - Mezlaa, TA now lvl26(Orien) . My old toons: bhokarala, Assassin, lvl20; Mezla, Acrobat, lvl20; Jinga, Bard, lvl7 (Cannith) and two more gimps on Khyber :-P

9 THF#2
    15 THF#3
    These require base STR 17; how do you suggest a first-lifer hit that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Felisin View Post
    And how about using tomes? Do I uderstand correctly that I can use +1 tome on 1st life char on lvl3, not earlier? Saw some builds they started with using +3 or +5 tomes on lvl1, so feel a bit confused...
    So with old tomes (and the ones which still drop in-game, AFAIK), you can't take them until you hit the min lvl requirement: lvl 3 for +1, lvl 7 for +2, etc. If you TR after taking a tome, the tome bonus will apply automatically as you hit the appropriate levels; i.e., the +1 will kick in at lvl 3, the next +1 at lvl 7, etc. The new Store tomes can be used at any level; the bonuses will be applied cumulatively at the appropriate level similar to post-TR tomes.
    No Power Attack and no Cleave, why? Most of builds I saw on that forum have them.
    So the tricky thing about Acrobats: two of their main DPS bonuses are attack speed and doublestrike, neither of which applies to Cleave atks. But if you want AoE dmg, you still want to have Cleaves, IMO, particularly if you plan to use Dreadnought in epics (Momentum Swing + Lay Waste FTW!).
    Ah and no Toughness? O.o. - afraid of being a squishy one ><
    Toughness is no longer the must-have it once was; Turbine got rid of all the HP enhancements which required Toughness, so it's only worth 32 HPs @ lvl 30. Thanks to ridiculous power creep, that's hardly worth mentioning...
    - what does that 41 mean? >< TA = Thief Acrobat, Capstone is clear as well...but that 41?
    Tilomere in his usual cryptic style is telling you to spend 41 APs into Acrobat to get the Acro capstone. Likewise he's telling you to spend 15 APs into elf tree for Gtr Shadow DM and Feywild Tap; and to do what you want with the remaining APs. I would recommend spending 21+ APs into Assassin for extra sneak atks and Nimbleness (+5 Melee Power). Unfortunately, Killer and Quick Strike don't stack together, as they're both morale bonuses.

Community Member

^^ Capstone acrobats can tumble instead of cleave. Precision helps you get crit and sneak attack damage, and is generally better than PA, except for LD builds. But you won't be sticking in one ED such as LD for a first life build. You will be filling out multiple EDs, gathering twists and twist points. Which is why you take quick draw for faster scroll healing.

Forgot about str for THF. Haven't had to worry about stat requirements in awhile...
    Last edited by Tilomere; 09-24-2016 at 03:39 AM.

Page 154 of 231 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204 ... LastLast