Page 151 of 231 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,020 of 4618
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    The thing is there's not much you could do with Zoda to improve its DPS:
    • Feats: drop heavy armor prof for a Weapon Focus feat for +2 Melee Power; if you don't have Completionist, take another WF. With the nerf to armor MRR, the only reason to stick with heavy armor on a barb is for Shadow Guardian; but if you'd rather focus on DPS, skip it and stick w/med.
    • Enhancements: swap T5 Ravager for T5 FB (Focus Wide + Focused Wrath + Raging Blows + Tantrum), boost INT, invest into Harper for Know the Angles. So something like 41 APs FB, 31 APs Ravager, 7 APs Harper, 1 AP human?
    • ED Twists: drop Sacred Ground + Consecration for more DPS. I think the best-case loadout would be Sense Weakness + Wild Weapons + Grim Precision + Hail of Blows + Primal Scream, but that would cost 50 Fate pts and the max is 37 so OH WELL. Maybe just take the first three, since that costs 36 Fate pts.

So let's see what that might look like...
    Code:
    Zoda is for the Feeble ;P
    Barbarian 20
    True Neutral Human

Stats
                   36pt     Tome     Level Up
                   ----     ----     --------
    Strength        18       +6       4: STR
    Dexterity        8       +6       8: STR
    Constitution    12       +6      12: STR
    Intelligence    18       +6      16: STR
    Wisdom           8       +6      20: STR
    Charisma         8       +6      24: STR
                                     28: STR

Feats

1        : Power Attack
     1 Human  : Cleave
     3        : Two Handed Fighting
     6        : Great Cleave
     9        : Improved Critical: Bludgeoning OR Slashing
    12        : Improved Two Handed Fighting
    15        : Greater Two Handed Fighting
    18        : Stunning Blow
    21 Epic   : Overwhelming Critical
    24 Epic   : Completionist OR Weapon Focus: Bludgeoning
    26 Destiny: Perfect Two Handed Fighting
    27 Epic   : Blinding Speed
    28 Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting
    29 Destiny: Dire Charge
    30 Epic   : Weapon Focus: Slashing OR Bludgeoning
    30 Legend : Scion of: Arborea OR Plane of Earth

Enhancements (80 AP)

Frenzied Berserker (41 AP)

• Die Hard, Frenzied Toughness, Frenzy, Frenzied Toughness II, Death Frenzy, Storm's Eye
      1. Extra Rage III, Power Rage III
      2. Angry Arms III, Extra Action Boost III, Sprint Boost III
      3. Mad Munitions III, Supreme Cleave III, Constitution
      4. (none)
      5. Focus Wide, Focused Wrath II, Raging Blows, Tantrum
    Ravager (31 AP)
    • Furious Rage, Pain Touch, Demoralizing Success, Pain Touch II, Subsiding Fury
      1. Do You Like Pain? III, Barbarian Power Attack III
      2. I Like Pain III, Cruel Cut III, Melee Power Boost III
      3. Festering Wound III, Strength
      4. I Hit Back! III, Dismember III
    Harper Agent (7 AP)
    • Agent of Good I
      1. Harper Enchantment, Traveler's Toughness II
      2. Know the Angles II
    Human (1 AP)
    • Damage Boost
    Destiny (24 AP) Legendary Dreadnought
    1. Legendary Tactics II, Extra Action Boost III
    2. Momentum Swing III, Imp. Power Attack
    3. Lay Waste, Haste Boost III
    4. Anvil of Thunder
    5. Advancing Blows, Devastating Critical
    6. Master's Blitz, Pulverizer OR Headman's Chop
    Twists of Fate (36 fate points)
    1. Sense Weakness (Tier 4 Fury)
    2. Wild Weapons (Tier 4 Fury)
    3. Grim Precision (Tier 3 Shadowdancer)
    I know some people insist an optimal max-DPS endgame gear layout has no room for a Speed item, hence Blinding Speed. EDIT: obviously, you need to decide if you plan to use mauls or greataxes.

But I'm not convinced that's a meaningful increase in DPS while definitely being a significant decrease in survivability. The DPS of every soulstone is zero.
    Well actually this is not what i expected... but i can consider this some changed with your advice.. of course i will go for a greatsword as i got epic sword of shadow... wish you could hint me about other equipment, and yeah sadly i have to pick up speed feat... not something that i wanted to do.. but its not so bad... and yeah i was considering tier 5 from frienzed berserker... looks great in terms of maximum dps... especially as you said if i would go for some good axes with multiplier x4 i used to hit 106 str for now as a half orc... for a moment i could go bit higher... if you want i can basicly tell you what gear i got avaible maybe that could help you to do me a proper build ? my last life i had 41.58 % perma doublestrike chance... i play mostly with 1 friend he heals me really nice

Community Member

Recently returned to the game and had quite a bit of fun as a spellsinger bard. I'm looking for some sort of melee build for my upcoming TR. I would prefer either THF or TWF, and not S&B. I really wanted to do a melee rogue, but from what I've seen in game and on the forums, the majority of the builds are ranged. So, if a solo melee rogue isn't entirely viable, maybe a bit of rogue splash for traps and evasion would be best for me. Thanks!

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anynameleft View Post
    So, if a solo melee rogue isn't entirely viable, maybe a bit of rogue splash for traps and evasion would be best for me.
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...or-new-players

Lots of ways of tweaking it. You want a DEX-based elf? Done. You want a barb splash for the +10% run speed instead of ftr for the extra feat? Knock yourself out.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Default TWF Paladin with trap skills

I was thinking about a 1st life TWF Paladin with trap skills but i wouldn't go rogue i would prefer Arttificer. Maybe with some Fighter levels for bonus feats.
    I was thinking for example a 16/2/2 Paladin/Artificer/Fighter TWF. I'm VIP but for now i don't have any tome so the main problem could be stat distribution
    and skill points since it would require all but wisdom. For the race i have all but Iconic, so Human maybe would be the best but i can accept all. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Darashama; 06-03-2016 at 11:41 AM.

Community Member Dream_Marauder's Avatar

Default Why Artie?

Quote Originally Posted by Darashama View Post
    I was thinking about a 1st life TWF Paladin with trap skills but i wouldn't go rogue i would prefer Arttificer. Maybe with some Fighter levels for bonus feats.
    I was thinking for example a 16/2/2 Paladin/Artificer/Fighter TWF. I'm VIP but for now i don't have any tome so the main problem could be stat distribution
    and skill points since it would require all but wisdom. For the race i have all but Iconic, so Human maybe would be the best but i can accept all. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
    To my way of thinking, you are not going to get much out of Artie beyond trapping skills by going 2wf. Your offhand will be full, so no runearm, and the crossbow feats will be mainly a backup. So why not go rogue and get evasion? What are you hoping to get out of Artie?
    Last edited by Dream_Marauder; 06-04-2016 at 07:44 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dream_Marauder View Post
    To my way of thinking, you are not going to get much out of Artie beyond trapping skills by going 2wf. Your offhand will be full, so no runearm, and the crossbow feats will be mainly a backup. So why not go rogue and get evasion? What are you hoping to get out of Artie?
    With Arti i get more sp, some little spells, more powerful scrolls and potions for losing 1d6 sneak attack and evasion i wouldn't use anyway cuz heavy armor.
    Pretty much that.

Quote Originally Posted by Darashama View Post
    I was thinking about a 1st life TWF Paladin with trap skills but i wouldn't go rogue i would prefer Arttificer. Maybe with some Fighter levels for bonus feats.I was thinking for example a 16/2/2 Paladin/Artificer/Fighter TWF. I'm VIP but for now i don't have any tome so the main problem could be stat distributionand skill points since it would require all but wisdom. For the race i have all but Iconic, so Human maybe would be the best but i can accept all. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
    For TWF I still prefer Tempest; so I'm thinking pal 14 / rgr 5 (T5 Tempest) / rog or arty 1. Basically a variation on my Faithsworn Hunter (see my drow paladin thread) which trades pal 15 (Zeal) for trap skills. Since you're VIP you could even go INT-based w/Harper: extra skill pts and you could use repeaters to liven things up. Then the only issue is how to hit DEX 17 for ITWF/GTWF.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

For TWF I still prefer Tempest; so I'm thinking pal 14 / rgr 5 (T5 Tempest) / rog or arty 1. Basically a variation on my Faithsworn Hunter (see my drow paladin thread) which trades pal 15 (Zeal) for trap skills. Since you're VIP you could even go INT-based w/Harper: extra skill pts and you could use repeaters to liven things up. Then the only issue is how to hit DEX 17 for ITWF/GTWF.
    Yes indeed stats are a problem but i'll check your build. Thanks for reply. How would you change the stats? Maybe INT based would be awesome for skill points too.
    Last edited by Darashama; 06-05-2016 at 02:09 AM.

I haven't worked out the kinks yet, but I was thinking something like this:
    Code:
    Trapper Knight Tempest
    14/5/1 Paladin/Ranger/Artificer
    Lawful Good Human

Level Order

1. Artificer       6. Paladin        11. Paladin        16. Paladin
    2. Paladin         7. Paladin        12. Paladin        17. Paladin
    3. Paladin         8. Paladin        13. Ranger         18. Ranger
    4. Paladin         9. Ranger         14. Paladin        19. Paladin
    5. Ranger         10. Paladin        15. Paladin        20. Ranger

Stats
                   32pt     34pt     36pt     Tome     Level Up
                   ----     ----     ----     ----     --------
    Strength         8        8        8                4: INT
    Dexterity       15       15       15       +2       8: INT
    Constitution    14       14       14               12: INT
    Intelligence    18       18       18               16: INT
    Wisdom           8        8        8               20: INT
    Charisma        10       12       14               24: INT
                                                       28: INT

Skills
              A  P  P  P  R  P  P  P  R  P  P  P  R  P  P  P  P  R  P  R
              1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
             ------------------------------------------------------------
    Concent   4  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1     2  1     1  1  1  1  1  2  1  23
    Disable   4  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  23
    Search    4           4           4           4              5     2  23
    Spot      4           4           4           4              5     2  23
    UMD       4  1  1  1     1  2  1     2  1  1  1  1  1  1  1     2  1  23
    Open Lo   4  1  1  1     1     1½ ½  1  1  1     1  1  2  1        2  20
    Heal                                       1     1  1     2     1      6
    Spellcr   4                                                            4
    Repair    2                                                            2
    Balance   2                                                            2
    Tumble    1                                                            1
             ------------------------------------------------------------
             36  7  7  7 11  7  7  8 12  8  8  8 12  8  8  9  9 13  9 13

Feats

1        : Point Blank Shot
     1 Human  : Quicken Spell
     2 Deity  : Follower of: Sovereign Host
     3        : Exotic Weapon: Khopesh
     5 Ranger : Favored Enemy: Undead
     6        : Precision
     8 Deity  : Unyielding Sovereignty
     9        : Improved Two Weapon Fighting
    12        : Greater Two Weapon Fighting
    15        : Improved Critical: Slashing
    18        : Manyshot
    20 Ranger : Favored Enemy: Evil Outsider
    21 Epic   : Empower Healing Spell
    24 Epic   : Overwhelming Critical
    26 Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting
    27 Epic   : Blinding Speed
    28 Destiny: Doubleshot OR Elusive Target
    29 Destiny: Dire Charge OR Deific Warding
    30 Epic   : Improved Critical: Ranged OR Epic Damage Reduction
    30 Legend : Scion of: Arborea

Enhancements (80 AP)

Tempest (40 AP)

• Shield of Whirling Steel, Tempest
      1. Improved Reaction III, Whirling Blades
      2. Improved Parry III, Whirling Blades, Haste Boost III
      3. Storm Dancer, Critical Mastery I, Whirling Blades
      4. Storm Tempest, Elaborate Parry III, The Growing Storm III, Whirling Blades
      5. Dual Perfection, Cuts: A Thousand Cuts III, Whirling Blades, Dance of Death III
    Harper Agent (18 AP)
    • Agent of Good I, Intelligence
      1. Harper Enchantment, Strategic Combat
      2. Versatile Adept III, Know the Angles III
      3. Versatile Adept III, Strategic Combat
    Sacred Defender (13 AP)
    • Holy Bastion, Sacred Defense
      1. Extra Lay On Hands III, Durable Defense III
      2. Resilient Defense II
      3. Tenacious Defense III
    Arcane Archer (6 AP)
    • Arcane Archer, Morphic Arrows
      1. Conjure Arrows, Corrosive Arrows
    Human (3 AP)
    • Damage Boost
      1. Improved Recovery
    Destiny (24 AP) Legendary Dreadnought
    1. Legendary Tactics III, Extra Action Boost III, Constitution
    2. Damage Boost III
    3. Critical Damage III
    4. Volcano's Edge
    5. Advancing Blows, Devastating Critical
    6. Master's Blitz, Pulverizer
    Twists of Fate (35 fate points)
    1. Sense Weakness (Tier 4 Fury)
    2. Balanced Attacks (Tier 3 Primal)
    3. Grim Precision (Tier 3 Shadowdancer)
    4. Rejuvenation Cocoon (Tier 1 Primal)
    At low lvls, you're probably better off dumping all your APs into Harper using repeaters; then at lvl 9 you can switch to TWF w/khopeshes. I stagger out the rgr lvls to spread the skill pts around as much as possible; but the downside is you don't hit your full potential (i.e., Dance of Death + Holy Sword) until lvl 20, so it's not ideal for a heroic-only build.

Pulverizer + Morphic Arrows provides +1 crit range to longbows; so w/Holy Sword & IC:Ranged as well they become 17-20/x4 weapons (15-20/x4 if you have Pinion or eSapphire Sting). Pulverizer also works w/eSilver Slinger. Otherwise you could ditch the AA enhancements and take more Harper (Know Your Foe + heal amp + Versatile Adept, I guess).

Community Member

Default Mmo noob but D&D fanatic wants dual wielding battle mage

Please feel free to tell me it can't be and it is a terrible idea but it is always my favorite build when playing D&D and I am probably going to do it anyway but I am terribly nooby and new with mmo's and would like some advice as to what builds would be best suited. Dual rapiers or scimitars prefered for weapon ranged isn't needed want to pick locks and disable devices but don't need traps and would like to summon at least something and a few ranged/area damage spells. I am normally a dual wielding rapier and scimitar proficient, medium to large armor wearing, companion(s) having, magic wielder that uses single target and ranged explosion area damage spells that do damage over time. Would love to make my normal build here just don't know how. Oh and I prefer drew/elf normally but like the idea of the warforged for health and defense or maybe halfling. Thank you very much for any and all help!

Quote Originally Posted by Ahrillian View Post
    Please feel free to tell me it can't be and it is a terrible idea but it is always my favorite build when playing D&D and I am probably going to do it anyway but I am terribly nooby and new with mmo's and would like some advice as to what builds would be best suited. Dual rapiers or scimitars prefered for weapon ranged isn't needed want to pick locks and disable devices but don't need traps and would like to summon at least something and a few ranged/area damage spells. I am normally a dual wielding rapier and scimitar proficient, medium to large armor wearing, companion(s) having, magic wielder that uses single target and ranged explosion area damage spells that do damage over time. Would love to make my normal build here just don't know how. Oh and I prefer drew/elf normally but like the idea of the warforged for health and defense or maybe halfling. Thank you very much for any and all help!
    You may be able to adapt something like this build I've been thinking about: It would need to probably be adjusted to 28 points (maybe drop starting int to 18, put the rest in dex). You will need to get it up to dex 17 by 18th level for G2Wf (I have +6 tomes, but +4 would be required with my stats - less if you shift some more points to dex)

I planned on light armor to take advantage of evasion. Medium armor would require a bit of work to get rid of ASF. I didn't have points left over to spend on the battlemage tree after getting everything else I wanted. I also like to use khopesh, but if you'd rather use scimitar or rapier, you could trade the khopesh feat for dodge or something.

The build gets good defenses/resistances from undead form (but can't access wraith form until 19th lvl) and of course self-healing with death auras / neg energy burst.

You could certainly pick different spells than I did. I mostly focused on combat buffs and dots. Hope this helps:

Tempest Warghost
    12/6/2 Wizard/Ranger/Rogue
    True Neutral Drow

Level Order

1. Rogue . . . . . 6. Wizard. . . . .11. Ranger . . . . 16. Wizard
    2. Ranger. . . . . 7. Wizard. . . . .12. Wizard. . . . .17. Ranger
    3. Ranger. . . . . 8. Wizard. . . . .13. Wizard. . . . .18. Ranger
    4. Wizard . . . . .9. Wizard . . . . 14. Wizard . . . . 19. Wizard
    5. Wizard . . . . 10. Ranger. . . . .15. Wizard. . . . .20. Rogue

Stats
    . . . . . . . .32pt . . Tome . . Level Up
    . . . . . . . .---- . . ---- . . --------
    Strength. . . . .8. . . .+6. . . .4: INT
    Dexterity . . . 13. . . .+6. . . .8: INT
    Constitution. . 15. . . .+6. . . 12: INT
    Intelligence. . 20. . . .+6. . . 16: INT
    Wisdom. . . . . .8. . . .+6. . . 20: INT
    Charisma. . . . 10. . . .+6. . . 24: INT
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .28: INT

Skills
    . . . . .Rg Rn Rn Wz Wz Wz Wz Wz Wz Rn Rn Wz Wz Wz Wz Wz Rn Rn Wz Rg
    . . . . . 1 .2. 3 .4 .5 .6 .7 .8 .9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    . . . . .------------------------------------------------------------
    Concent . 1 . . . .2 .2 .2 .2 .2 .1 . . . .2 .2 .1 .1 .1 . . . .2 .2. 23
    Heal. . . 2 .2. 2 . . . . . . . . 1. 1 .1. . . . ½. ½. ½. 5 .5. ½. 2 .23
    Disable . 4 .1. 1 .½ .½ .½ .½ .½ .½ .2. 2 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1. 1 .1 .2. 23
    Search. . 4 .1. 1 .½ .½ .½ .½ .½ .½ .1. 3 .½ .½ .½ .½ .½ .3. 2 .½ .2. 23
    Move Si . 4 .1. 1 .½ .½ .½ .½ .½ .½ .2. 2 .½ .½ .½ .½ .1 .3. 2 .1 .1. 23
    Spellcr . 2 .½. ½ . . 1. 2. 2. 2. . . . . .2 .2 .2 .2 .1 . . ½ . . 22
    Spot. . . 4 .1. 1 .½ .½ .½ .½ .1 .½ .2. 2 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1. 1 .. . 22
    Jump. . . 4 .1. 1 . . . . . . . . . .1. 1 . . . . . . . . 1 .1. . . . 10
    UMD . . . 4 .1. 1 .1 .½ . . . . . 1. 1 . . . . . . . . ½. . . . . . . 10
    Open Lo . 4 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .4
    Bluff . . 4 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .4
    Balance . 4 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .4
    Hide. . . 4 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .4
    Tumble. . 2 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .2
    . . . . .52 11 11 .8 .8 .8 .8 .9 .9 13 13 10 10 10 10 11 15 14 11 18
    . . . . .52 11 11 .8 .8 .8 .8 .9 .9 13 13 10 10 10 10 11 15 15 11 18

Feats

.1. . . . : Insightful Reflexes
    .2 Ranger : Favored Enemy: Undead
    .3. . . . : Exotic Weapon: Khopesh
    .4 Wizard : Quicken Spell
    .6. . . . : Precision
    .8 Wizard : Maximize Spell
    .9. . . . : Empower Spell
    12. . . . : Past Life: Wizard
    15. . . . : Improved Critical: Slashing
    15 Wizard : Extend Spell
    17 Ranger : Favored Enemy: Evil Outsider
    18. . . . : Greater Two Weapon Fighting
    21 Epic . : Overwhelming Critical
    24 Epic . : Intensify Spell
    27 Epic . : Epic Reflexes
    28 Destiny: Elusive Target
    30 Epic . : Master of: the Dead
    30 Legend : Scion of: Shadowfell

Spells

Wizard
    1. Jump, Shield, Magic Missile, Merfolk's Blessing, Protection from Evil
    2. Invisibility, Knock, Lesser Death Aura, Blur, Melf's Acid Arrow
    3. Fireball, Haste, Displacement, Rage, Magic Circle Against Evil
    4. Dimension Door, Death Aura, Negative Energy Burst, Burning Blood
    5. Teleport, Eladar's Electric Surge, Niac's Biting Cold, Protection from Elements
    6. Greater Heroism, Tenser's Transformation, Circle of Death

Ranger
    1. Ram's Might, Tumble

Enhancements (80 AP)

Tempest (42 AP)
    • Shield of Whirling Steel, Tempest, Graceful Death
      1. Improved Reaction III, Improved Defense III, Whirling Blades
      2. Improved Parry III, Bleed Them Out II, Whirling Blades, Haste Boost III
      3. Storm Dancer, Whirling Blades
      4. Storm Tempest, The Growing Storm III, Whirling Blades
      5. Dual Perfection, Cuts: Many Cuts III, Whirling Blades, Dance of Death III

Pale Master (26 AP)
    • Dark Reaping, Zombie Form, Vampire Form, Wraith Form
      1. Deathless Vigor III, Negative Energy Conduit III
      2. Efficient Maximize III, Bone Armor III
      3. Intelligence
      4. Intelligence

Harper Agent (12 AP)
    • Agent of Good I
      1. Harper Enchantment, Strategic Combat
      2. Versatile Adept III, Know the Angles II
      3. Strategic Combat

Destiny (24 AP)

Legendary Dreadnought
    1. Legendary Tactics II, Constitution
    2. Damage Boost III, Constitution
    3. Critical Damage III, Constitution
    4. Constitution
    5. Advancing Blows, Devastating Critical, Constitution
    6. Master's Blitz

Twists of Fate (26 fate points)
    1. Energy Burst: Acid (Tier 4 Draconic)
    2. Grim Precision (Tier 3 Shadowdancer)
    3. Rejuvenation Cocoon (Tier 1 Primal)
    4. Unearthly Reactions (Tier 1 Magister)

Welcome to DDO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahrillian View Post
    Dual rapiers or scimitars prefered for weapon ranged isn't needed want to pick locks and disable devices but don't need traps and would like to summon at least something and a few ranged/area damage spells. I am normally a dual wielding rapier and scimitar proficient, medium to large armor wearing, companion(s) having, magic wielder that uses single target and ranged explosion area damage spells that do damage over time.
    In general, attempting to mix melee DPS with caster DPS will usually result in a build which isn't good at either. DDO uses a heavily modified version of the 3.xE ruleset, which tends to encourage specialization over generalization, IMO, particularly in the late-game stage. This is particularly true of arcane casters; while DDO contains the Eldritch Knight PrE, it's pretty weak DPS-wise compared to "real" melee PrEs. If you want to add trap skills as well, that requires either a rogue or Artificer splash, which limits your multiclassing options.

[PrE = Prestige Enhancements: in PnP terms, think of them as a hybrid between 2E's class kits and 3E's prestige classes. PrEs are where a lot of the power of classes comes from.]

That said, there's a pretty big gap between what's considered optimal vs what is viable for most content. And if you have Harper (free to VIPs), that opens up some interesting INT-based options for gishes. The recent buffs to Kensei make, say, wiz 12 / ftr 6 / rog 2 (or wiz 13 / ftr 8 / rog 1) a much more viable combo than it was before. If you're not wedded to TWF in med/hvy armor, I think wiz 15 / bard 3 / rog 2 works well: SWF w/rapiers for melee, lvl 8 wiz spells for spellcasting, rog splash for trap skills & Evasion. If you don't really need trap skills, I would consider wiz 12 / rgr 5 / ftr 3: you miss out on the tasty crit bonuses from Kensei or Tempest, unfortunatel, but should be able to create a fairly sturdy toon otherwise. Alternatively, if you're not wedded to arcane casters, you can do something with druid hybrids, who have some useful spells with no DCs (e.g., Ice Storm, Creeping Cold & Gtr CC).

Community Member

Thank you! that helps a lot!
    Last edited by Ahrillian; 06-07-2016 at 11:34 PM.

Community Member

Default Thank you much help!

Welcome to DDO.

In general, attempting to mix melee DPS with caster DPS will usually result in a build which isn't good at either. DDO uses a heavily modified version of the 3.xE ruleset, which tends to encourage specialization over generalization, IMO, particularly in the late-game stage. This is particularly true of arcane casters; while DDO contains the Eldritch Knight PrE, it's pretty weak DPS-wise compared to "real" melee PrEs. If you want to add trap skills as well, that requires either a rogue or Artificer splash, which limits your multiclassing options.

[PrE = Prestige Enhancements: in PnP terms, think of them as a hybrid between 2E's class kits and 3E's prestige classes. PrEs are where a lot of the power of classes comes from.]

That said, there's a pretty big gap between what's considered optimal vs what is viable for most content. And if you have Harper (free to VIPs), that opens up some interesting INT-based options for gishes. The recent buffs to Kensei make, say, wiz 12 / ftr 6 / rog 2 (or wiz 13 / ftr 8 / rog 1) a much more viable combo than it was before. If you're not wedded to TWF in med/hvy armor, I think wiz 15 / bard 3 / rog 2 works well: SWF w/rapiers for melee, lvl 8 wiz spells for spellcasting, rog splash for trap skills & Evasion. If you don't really need trap skills, I would consider wiz 12 / rgr 5 / ftr 3: you miss out on the tasty crit bonuses from Kensei or Tempest, unfortunatel, but should be able to create a fairly sturdy toon otherwise. Alternatively, if you're not wedded to arcane casters, you can do something with druid hybrids, who have some useful spells with no DCs (e.g., Ice Storm, Creeping Cold & Gtr CC).
    Thank you this is a lot of help! So I am not totally wedded to the armor I was just thinking the elf bonus for removing the spell failure or using the warforged for health and armor idk how well that would mix. And I was wondering how a warlock/artificer/ranger build with either drow or the warforged or I just jumped in with a gnome which may help fit the bill what do you think? Thank you again for your help oh and I would like rapiers but do not have to if more damage can do done otherwise

How about this for a request, a Rogue Monk multi-class, mostly Rogue... That makes use of improved feint and whirlwind attack. Combat expertise is requirement for both so let's use that instead of power attack or precision.I changed my mind Let's do it both ways...13/7...either more monk or rogue but we want the WWA to do SA damage all the way around with an unarmed WWA. This means bluff has to be maxed out. Another option is 12/6 with either 2 ranger or fighter. Ranger for added sneak attack die and TWF or Fighter for more selective feats.

Option to include past life monk for extra unarmed damage.
    Last edited by Enderoc; 06-09-2016 at 06:28 PM.

Okay new changes to my request... I just ran a Shadar-Kai monk rogue test run using improved feint and whirlwind....and was impressed at the speed the bluff and attack worked.... so I tried to work it out on the planner. Its a bit feat starved so... new criteria.

As much sneak attack as possible, whirlwind attack, improved feint, and high bluff. Stunning fist is not mandatory. Can be any class combinations. If you must focus on any rogue skills outside of bluff then hide, move silently, UMD and open locks. A trapper is not necessary.

+6 supreme tome.

Community Member

Request a Dwarf Tank build. Can be fighter or paladin. Prefer to be S&B. Multi class (splash warlock?) is OK too. Dwarf axe preferably. I am open to TYWA as well.

Should be able to tank and self heal. Medium DPS is OK since I know it won't win the kill count.

Thanks.
    V.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulkoorex View Post
    Request a Dwarf Tank build. Can be fighter or paladin. Prefer to be S&B.
    I haven't updated them in a while, but see my Sacred Vanguard and Dwarven Defender threads. The pally will have better survivability / self-heals; the ftr will have better tactics DCs and possibly better DPS if you go heavy into Kensei instead of Vanguard. TBH I'm still mulling ideas for how to update the DD for U31...

Quote Originally Posted by Enderoc View Post
    How about this for a request, a Rogue Monk multi-class, mostly Rogue... That makes use of improved feint and whirlwind attack. Combat expertise is requirement for both so let's use that instead of power attack or precision.I changed my mind Let's do it both ways...13/7...either more monk or rogue but we want the WWA to do SA damage all the way around with an unarmed WWA. This means bluff has to be maxed out. Another option is 12/6 with either 2 ranger or fighter. Ranger for added sneak attack die and TWF or Fighter for more selective feats.

Option to include past life monk for extra unarmed damage.

Okay new changes to my request... I just ran a Shadar-Kai monk rogue test run using improved feint and whirlwind....and was impressed at the speed the bluff and attack worked.... so I tried to work it out on the planner. Its a bit feat starved so... new criteria.

As much sneak attack as possible, whirlwind attack, improved feint, and high bluff. Stunning fist is not mandatory. Can be any class combinations. If you must focus on any rogue skills outside of bluff then hide, move silently, UMD and open locks. A trapper is not necessary.

+6 supreme tome.
    You're right - it is feat starved. But here is an attempt at what I think you're trying to do. Good luck!

Shadow Fist
    12/6/2 Rogue/Monk/Ranger
    Lawful Neutral Shadar-kai

Level Order

1. Rogue. . . . . .6. Rogue. . . . . 11. Rogue. . . . . 16. Rogue
    2. Ranger. . . . . 7. Rogue . . . . .12. Rogue . . . . .17. Rogue
    3. Monk. . . . . . 8. Monk . . . . . 13. Rogue. . . . . 18. Monk
    4. Ranger. . . . . 9. Monk . . . . . 14. Rogue. . . . . 19. Rogue
    5. Monk. . . . . .10. Rogue . . . . .15. Monk . . . . . 20. Rogue

Stats
    . . . . . . . .36pt . . Tome . . Level Up
    . . . . . . . .---- . . ---- . . --------
    Strength. . . . 16. . . .+6. . . .4: STR
    Dexterity . . . 16. . . .+6. . . .8: STR
    Constitution. . 16. . . .+6. . . 12: STR
    Intelligence. . 12. . . .+6. . . 16: STR
    Wisdom. . . . . 14. . . .+6. . . 20: STR
    Charisma. . . . .6. . . .+6. . . 24: STR
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .28: STR

Skills (Errors)
    . . . . .Rg Rn Mo Rn Mo Rg Rg Mo Mo Rg Rg Rg Rg Rg Mo Rg Rg Mo Rg Rg
    . . . . . 1. 2 .3. 4 .5. 6. 7. 8 .9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    Disable . 4. . . . . . . 3. 2. . . . 2. 2. 1. 1. 1. . .2 .1 . . 2. 2. 23
    Search. . 4. . . . . . . 2. 2. . . . 2. 2. 2. 2. 1. . .2 .1 . . 2. 1. 23
    Spot. . . 4. 1 .1. 1 .1. 1. 1. 1 .1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1 .1 .1 .1. 1. 1. 23
    Bluff . . 4. 1 .1. 1 .1. . .1 . . . . . . . . .2. 1. 2. 2 .2 .2 .23
    Hide. . . 4. 1 .1. 1 .1. 1. 1. 1 .1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1 .1 .1 .1. 1. 1. 23
    Move Si . 4. 1 .1. 1 .1. 1. 1. 1 .1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1 .1 .1 .1. 1. 1. 23
    UMD . . . 4. . . . . . . . . . . . . 1. 1. 2. 2. 2. . .2 .4 . . 2. 3. 23
    Open Lo . 2. 1 . . 1 . . 1. 2. . . . 2. 2. 2. 2. 3. . .1 . . . . . . .19
    Jump. . . 4. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4
    Tumble. . 2. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
    . . . . .36. 7 .5. 7 .5. 9 10 .6. 6 10 10 10 10 10. 7 11 11 .7 11 11
    . . . . .36. 7 .5. 7 .5. 9 10 .6. 6 10 10 10 10 10. 7 11 11 .7 11 11

Feats

.1. . . . : Dodge
    .2 Ranger : Favored Enemy: Undead
    .3. . . . : Improved Feint
    .3 Monk . : Combat Expertise
    .5 Monk . : Mobility
    .6. . . . : Spring Attack
    .8 Monk . : Path of Harmonious Balance
    .9. . . . : Improved Two Weapon Fighting
    12. . . . : Whirlwind Attack
    15. . . . : Improved Critical: Bludgeoning
    17 Rogue. : Opportunist
    18. . . . : Master of Forms
    18 Monk . : Stunning Fist
    21 Epic . : Grandmaster of Forms
    24 Epic . : Greater Two Weapon Fighting
    27 Epic . : Overwhelming Critical
    28 Destiny: Elusive Target
    30 Epic . : Improved Sneak Attack
    30 Legend : Scion of: Ethereal Plane

Enhancements (80 AP)

Assassin (37 AP)
    • Knife in the Darkness, Dagger in the Back, Assassin's Trick, Nimbleness
      1. Sneak Attack Training, Stealthy III
      2. Venomed Blades III, Sneak Attack Training, Damage Boost III
      3. Critical Mastery III, Sneak Attack Training, Dexterity
      4. Execute, Killer III, Sneak Attack Training, Dexterity
      5. Assassinate, Measure the Foe III

Ninja Spy (26 AP)
    • Basic Ninja Training, Advanced Ninja Training, Shadow Veil
      1. Stealthy III, Sneak Attack Training, Faster Sneaking III, Acrobatic III
      2. Sneak Attack Training, Agility III
      3. Sneak Attack Training
      4. Sneak Attack Training

Shintao (12 AP)
    • Bastion of Purity, Protection from Tainted Creatures, Iron Hand
      1. Deft Strikes III
      2. Conditioning III

Thief-Acrobat (3 AP)
    • Staff Control
      1. Fast Movement

Shadar-kai (1 AP)
    • Shadar-kai Grit

Deepwood Stalker (1 AP)
    • Far Shot

Destiny (24 AP)

Shadowdancer
    1. Stealthy III, Technician III
    2. Escape Notice, Lithe II
    3. Shrouding Strike III, Grim Precision III
    4. Improved Invisibility III
    5. Executioner's Strike III, Sealed Soul

Twists of Fate (19 fate points)
    1. In the Weeds (Tier 4 Shiradi)
    2. Rejuvenation Cocoon (Tier 1 Primal)
    3. Unearthly Reactions (Tier 1 Magister)
    4. Dance of Flowers (Tier 1 Flowers)

Community Member

Default request : tempest wraith!

Hello every1,

First, im a new player whos been off and on the game im F2P , but never could get too much time spent in the game , for several reasons however i love the game and freedom it gives to building a character , normally im somehwat capable of creating various builds myself ( in other games) but in this case i tend to find myself limited with resources to tomes etc so that leads to those builds i want not beeing able because of lacking resources ( tomes etc past lives ) and THATS where im asking for the help of u allmighty build professors, teachers . enlightened ones , etc etc ( whatever floats your boat )

to create as the title says a tempest wraith , i have acces to drow i once unlocked on one server ...and harper ... thats it xD , if human suits better for this request then it is no problem ill just hop on another server and grab the TP while at it.

so in short : id like some help to a first life levelling tempest wraith , able to trap ( i assumed a 2 rogue splash for this ) focused on melee , it does not NEED to be a tempest , if u all say go heavy armor twf , then by all means show me some examples plz , no preference as to putting dex or int as mainstat , tho i assume int would be best for the skillpoints>>for trapping..... srry for the noobness ... im grasping in the little info pool i have xD im just lost at selecting what and when

i also tend to wanna do all quests on all difficulties if this makes a difference or not , so in the long run id like it to be capable of handling all difficulties..doesnt matter if tht process is slow but yea in the long run id like that

....o yea i tend to solo mostly...

thx in advance!
    Last edited by THCmerollinn; 06-12-2016 at 10:05 AM.

Page 151 of 231 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201 ... LastLast