Page 149 of 231 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,980 of 4618
    Community Member

Default DDO Wiki Solid Thier Acrobat Build

Has anyone seen this build? It from this year. I am wondering if this is a good build or not. I am thinking of building a staff build and confused between dex and str based and which is more survivable with DPS.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Solid_Thief-Acrobat

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ccd1977 View Post
    Has anyone seen this build? It from this year. I am wondering if this is a good build or not. I am thinking of building a staff build and confused between dex and str based and which is more survivable with DPS.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Solid_Thief-Acrobat
    The page might've been modified recently, but the build is both incomplete and not updated since U29. Nevertheless, the basic elements are all right. Note that you need STR 17 for ITHF/GTHF feats and DEX 21 for Imp Sneak Atk; so ironically, Acrobats are now more stat-constrained than DEX Assassins. Going DEX-based means higher Reflex saves and higher DCs on Sweeping Strikes.

FWIW, this is the SDK Acrobat build I plan to use on one of my next ITRs. I'll probably drop the Whirling Chain enhancements as soon as they're no longer effective and put the APs into Assassin. Still want to acquire Elemental Bloom or Bone Crusher before I TR too.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Does the elemental bloom still drop? I have search for that thing in ToEE1 and 2 for the past 4 months and cannot get that thing to drop. I usually run that about 2 times per week on norm.
    Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Still want to acquire Elemental Bloom or Bone Crusher before I TR too.

TBH I've no idea. I hate gear-farming, so odds are I'll TR before I acquire it. Hence why it's on my wishlist rather than my must-have list.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Hello, thread. I come here asking for a build that involves a shadar-kai and uses the chain racial skill. I see a lot of people saying is **** but I really would like to use it if anyone managed to get it working.

Eternally Mediocre Girl Maelodic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bardet View Post
    Hello, thread. I come here asking for a build that involves a shadar-kai and uses the chain racial skill. I see a lot of people saying is **** but I really would like to use it if anyone managed to get it working.
    The main issue you see with it is that it's low damage in epics. It's really great at level and it's DR bypassing is fantastic.

If you want to use it, just play a normal DEX based Assassin or Acrobat and just add it in. As long as you're dex based, you should be able to use it as intended.

Do note that it does not break stealth.
    ~Sarlona~
    Maelodic - Soundblaster| | Kinsys - Cookie Cutter Monk

What Maelodic said: take a max-DEX-based rogue like my SDK Assassin and redo Enhancements to max out the chain attack. Something like 41 APs Assassin (capstone), 17 APs SDK (Whirling Chain), 22 APs Acrobat (Shadow Dodge, Kip Up, rank of Imp Defensive Roll or No Mercy). [SDK variant on a Tempest Trapmonkey or a DEX-based Swashbuckler would also work.] Use the chain atk until it's no longer fun / useful, then respec enhancements.

Community Member

Another request: I'd like to know if there is a way to do an effective build with a Charisma based monk. I'd like to use a PDK, and I have dual Celestia (thanks to anniversary and Raider's cache). I have been trying to do something based on Kukan-Do in the Shintao tree, high saves with Paladin 2 and some Fighter levels for moar feats. What do you guys suggest me to do with this mess? I have been told to use FvS instead of Pal, no idea why (maybe Ameliorating Strike?)

Hope you will come up with something ^^u

Another request: I'd like to know if there is a way to do an effective build with a Charisma based monk. I'd like to use a PDK, and I have dual Celestia (thanks to anniversary and Raider's cache). I have been trying to do something based on Kukan-Do in the Shintao tree, high saves with Paladin 2 and some Fighter levels for moar feats. What do you guys suggest me to do with this mess?
    Most interesting option is a build which exploits the fact CKT (+1/3 CHA mod to DCs) and KtA (+1/2 INT mod to DCs) stack with each other, in addition to providing CHA + 1/2 INT mod to dmg. Initial concept was trying to max Quivering Palm DC, but the idea would also work for Kukan-Do, at least in theory. EDIT: since QP req's monk 15, maybe monk 16 / pal 3 / ftr 1.

Note I said "most interesting," not "effective." No clue how well it would work outside of theory-crafting.

Community Member

Default Warlock

I have been reading about Warlocks and they seem to fit my "simple" push one button life of ease play style but I am confused on exactly how a DC Caster is, a E. Blast Warlock is. Then I see some warlocks with swords, shields or orb, and armor. I have been reading the wiki and I am confused how they can have armor, shield or sword and still be a caster. Con or Charisma?

Anyway, I see alot of warlocks do some crazy AoE with the blast then pull away and throw what looks like red plasma for long range.

So, with this in mind, I would like to try a warlock that can use armor, orb and have distance and a nasty Blast for AoE.. Preferably an iconic (non-gnome) if that is possible but not mandatory and I don't care if Con based or Char based. Is this possible? If A0E or range is more only option then I would choose the AoE blast.

I apologize in advanced for my verbage if you are confused by what I am asking.

Past lives:
    2 monk
    1 barb
    1 bard
    1 Pala

Tomes:
    Str +6
    Dex +6
    Con +6
    Wis +3
    Chr +6

Thanks in advanced.

Just to repeat myself, there's plenty of warlock builds to choose from:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-focus-warlock
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...layer-Friendly
    Quote Originally Posted by ccd1977 View Post
    I have been reading the wiki and I am confused how they can have armor, shield or sword and still be a caster. Con or Charisma?
    Warlocks are susceptible to arcane spell failure; but like bards, they ignore ASF from light armor and can take med armor prof from ES PrE, which also lets them ignore ASF from med armor (same as WC Armorer does for bards). They still have to worry about ASF from shields.

Warlocks are CHA-based casters, but a good chunk of their Eldritch Blast DPS has no save; and if you're a GOO or Fiend warlock, your Pact DC is based on Will or Fort saves, respectively, which means you'll always do at least half-dmg with it (whereas Fey `locks are at a disadvantage vs mobs w/Evasion). So some players don't make CHA their primary stat, instead going for STR (conventional melee), CON (more HPs, Fort saves, TYWA if dwarf melee `lock), or whatever.
    Anyway, I see alot of warlocks do some crazy AoE with the blast then pull away and throw what looks like red plasma for long range.
    The basic Warlock Eldritch Blast is a single-target ranged attack; the warlock PrEs each have a blast shape stance which can change it to a cone (SE), chain (TS), or passive AoE aura (ES). There are also special PrE abilities keyed to Eldritch Blast; what you say were probably players using the Spirit Blast and/or Eldritch Burst ES abilities, possibly with Energy Burst thrown in.

Eternally Mediocre Girl Maelodic's Avatar

Another request: I'd like to know if there is a way to do an effective build with a Charisma based monk. I'd like to use a PDK, and I have dual Celestia (thanks to anniversary and Raider's cache). I have been trying to do something based on Kukan-Do in the Shintao tree, high saves with Paladin 2 and some Fighter levels for moar feats. What do you guys suggest me to do with this mess? I have been told to use FvS instead of Pal, no idea why (maybe Ameliorating Strike?)

Hope you will come up with something ^^u
    Kukan Do is based on a will save instead of a fort save. It's pretty easy to get it to a workable level without having to worry. Even with CHA 40:
    10 Base
    20 Monk Level
    15 CHA
    15 Stunning
    5 Combat Mastery
    6 Legendary Tactics

This is just basic boosts too, not counting KtA, Fighter Past Lives, or Tactician. You don't have to go CHA based for an effective Kukan Do DC because it's based on a will save, and most mobs don't have TOO high a will save.

Pal's Sacred Defender stance cannot be active at the same time as meditation of war, but the bonuses to saves are still pretty much worth in in my opinion.
    ~Sarlona~
    Maelodic - Soundblaster| | Kinsys - Cookie Cutter Monk

Community Member

Default Build request: tank kind of monk

Hey, I am looking to make a tank kind of monk.

this is for a same party of people that we play together weekly only (have other chars for rest of week). We are TRing and I am interested in a monk char. We run all content on EE in heroics and epics even if it means some wipefests.
    I Don't need to be able to solo content / have AMAZING dps, need survivability + agro from other melee and casters.
    I have +3 dex/cha/con, +5 str/wis tomes. 36 point build. +4 skill tomes in every skill practically (love the ddoaversary cards!)

what I would like from the build:
    monk based gameplay.
    ability to tank bosses/named mobs/champions.
    preference for un-armed (as I feel that is more "monkish")
    minor preference also for trapping skills, but not a requirement for the build if it means I couldn't tank.
    doesn't need to be pure, thinking like a 12/6/2 monk|fighter,rogue ? but not set on that by any means - as this will be my first melee char ever.

Thank you, Finn.

Monk is generally very gear/past life/tome dependant and also there are no ''tank-tailored'' handwraps or robes, unlike with shields or heavy armors where you get to choose a bit from. It is a class that needs time investement to achieve good results.
    But nevertheless, it can be done. Check out this https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...tory-Lap-Build build and just change the Items and the Epic Destiny. Stats are basically WIS, CON, DEX and some INT for Combat Expertise. STR and CHA are not very important on a tank build.
    Race: PDK or Human, get more Hamp
    Feats: get Dodge/Mobility/Spring Attack, 2wf feats, Combat Expertise, Whirlwind Attack, Imp. Crit:Bludgeon and Completionist or Skill Focus:Concentration if you often fail your Intimidate rolls. OC, Vorpal Strikes, Epic Mage Armor, Epic DR, Perfect TwF, Deific Warding, Scion of Earth/Arborea for epic feats.
    Skills: max Concentration, UMD, Heal, Balance
    ED: LD for dps, Sentinel to tank. Grandmaster of Flowers is unfortunately **** to play with, but great for twists.
    Enhancements are mostly Shintao, Human/PDK for Hamp and Ninja Spy dodge bonuses.
    Use Ki Shout to intimidate using your Concentration (therefore no need to invest in CHA).
    Instead of MRR, try to max out your reflex saves to completely avoid magic damage.

So far the build mostly resembles that of a dps or cc monk. And unfortunately that will not change, because there is no tank-focused monk enhanc. tree and tank-related feats, like Shield Mastery/Heavy Armor and so on dont work on a monk. And that is why he needs gear, past lives and tomes if you want to tank end game bosses.
    Of course you could make your life easier and build a fighter/paladin/warlock to tank end game LE, but as I said a monk can also do it.

Community Member

Hi, everyone. I'm a newbie to DDO, and I'm trying to come up with some memorable characters. I'm wondering if anyone could create a gnome fighter build for me? Also can anyone recommend an elf druid build?

Default Gnome great crossbowmen

Could someone make something along these vague guidelines? Gnome, rogue, uses great crossbow.

Quote Originally Posted by aMoor View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone could create a gnome fighter build for me? Also can anyone recommend an elf druid build?
    Well, the good news is Kensei is about to be buffed in Update 31; the bad news is there's no ETA on U31, although since Lamannia isn't up yet, I'd guess it's at least a month away. So I might suggest sticking with one of the more powerful melee classes now, with the option of HTRing into ftr after U31 comes out.

As for druids, it's pretty easy to adapt a caster build like Ginger's into elf, although it adds nothing apart from maybe flavor if you take the Shadow DM feat. Or were you intending on making an AA (Arcane Archer) build? That gets more complicated...
    Quote Originally Posted by opur11 View Post
    Gnome, rogue, uses great crossbow.
    It's pretty easy to take any of the existing Mechanic builds and adapt them to gnome. Really the only question marks are (A) how do you hit the DEX pre-reqs for some of your DPS feats (i.e., how big of a DEX tome can you afford, which determines how many stat pts you need to invest in DEX) and (B) do you stay pure for capstone or splash for extra feats or other perks?

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...or-New-Players
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ue-the-SA-king
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...arper-Mechanic

Community Member

Thank you for the great recommendations. Actually the Arcane Archer sounds interesting, but maybe when I learn a bit more about DDO builds. My biggest issue seems to be understanding the importances of feats vs. race. So yeah...basically I'm a DDOtard.

Quote Originally Posted by Finn42 View Post
    Hey, I am looking to make a tank kind of monk.

this is for a same party of people that we play together weekly only (have other chars for rest of week). We are TRing and I am interested in a monk char. We run all content on EE in heroics and epics even if it means some wipefests.
    I Don't need to be able to solo content / have AMAZING dps, need survivability + agro from other melee and casters.
    I have +3 dex/cha/con, +5 str/wis tomes. 36 point build. +4 skill tomes in every skill practically (love the ddoaversary cards!)

what I would like from the build:
    monk based gameplay.
    ability to tank bosses/named mobs/champions.
    preference for un-armed (as I feel that is more "monkish")
    minor preference also for trapping skills, but not a requirement for the build if it means I couldn't tank.
    doesn't need to be pure, thinking like a 12/6/2 monk|fighter,rogue ? but not set on that by any means - as this will be my first melee char ever.

Thank you, Finn.
    You can look at goodmonkey in my sig, its a tank based monk play style. I play it like a monk that can heal (vs a cleric that can melee). It has good defenses & decent DPS.
    though the difference between a fully geared/pastlife/twinked one and not is quite remarkable, it is still playable as without, though you will be several DC lower on stunning & 10-20 less on damage.
    Mechanics - To Hit/Dam mods

Community Member

Default Lend me your expertise...fighter/rogue/monk advice please

Hi. Ive been away from the game for over 2 years and a LOT seems to have changed. I have a 34pt human character mid build (1F, 5R, 6M) (past life was a halfling rogue) and I cant seem to remember what I wanted specifically for him and since all points have been reset I have little to remind me. Here is what I do recall and I would appreciate anyone who thinks they know where I was headed to suggest a build that would get me there. I "Think" I went 1 fighter to open up the use of Kopesh but I cant be sure. Anyway, as the character exists now, its a high dex, high int build who intent was to be an excellent trapper and dual wielding dps. It would be great to be able to have good ranged dps but its least of my priorities. The character uses short swords and hand wraps currently, I like the extra sneak attack damage bonus, high umd for scroll casting, and evasion (if this is still a viable defense as I wear robes).

Please let me know your thoughts on how I can maximize my dps, survivability and trapping. Do I need more wis and/or con? Is kopesh worth it anymore or can I do just as well with s.sword/hand wrap? Also, Ive seen similar build models.. 1F, 13R, 6M or 2F, 12R, 6M....whats the difference here?

Thanks to any and all who take the time to educate and inform.

Page 149 of 231 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199 ... LastLast