Page 144 of 231 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,880 of 4618
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsumewulf View Post
    I'm sorta a new player when it comes to DDO...played the game on & off for a few years but i'm looking for a build i can use with a druid & half-orc, 28pt build or anything that VIPs & F2P players have access to. i mainly want to solo the game, not interested in raids just want to enjoy the game content. sorry if this request seems a tad confusing, i really suck at making builds (current build is 2 rogue/1 wizard dwarf) so yeah i could really use some help coming up with some good builds.
    More details would help: what exactly do you want to be able to do with this build? Melee or caster based? Do you want trap skills? Etc.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    More details would help: what exactly do you want to be able to do with this build? Melee or caster based? Do you want trap skills? Etc.
    melee based, don't feel too comfortable as a caster. trap skills are fine if they help...mainly i want to be like part tank/part melee dps with self-healing if that helps.

melee based, don't feel too comfortable as a caster. trap skills are fine if they help...mainly i want to be like part tank/part melee dps with self-healing if that helps.
    Easy one: Start with unbongwah's Sacred Vanguard Paladin: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...New-Players%29

Shield-block and tumble through traps when needed.

I think you missed that he wants a half-orc druid, not a paladin. Otherwise I would've recommended my own thread already.

This is kind of a flavor build, but my first thought was HO druid 15 / rog 5 staff build: you get lvl 8 spells (Heal, Fires of Purity), an elemental form, and tier-5 Acrobat bonuses; HO provides bonuses to STR & 2H weapons. If you don't need lvl 8 spells, you can splash fighter for extra feats and possibly defensive stance for the boost to PRR & saves.

Unfortunately, the proposed balance changes will nerf staff builds unless Turbine decides to buff the Acrobat / Henshin trees to compensate. So this idea is less clever than I thought it was a week ago...

Otherwise, I dunno, maybe druid 15 / ftr 4 / barb 1? Sort of a druid variant on Axel's melee cleric; since you can't mix druid & pally, you have to tweak the class mix. I admit I just made up that combo without thinking it thru yet, though.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

um, if a half-orc druid build is too hard to do or not viable due to nerfs & stuff...then anything for a half-orc where i can be part tank/part melee dps with self-healing & survivability along with being able to solo epic quests on my own will work. not wanting to be difficult with this, just want a simple to follow build for a half-orc as there aren't many builds for the race online.

Well, you're in luck then, because I posted a half-orc paladin two pages ago. Pretty typical THF pally: the only variation is I added DM of Finding for Lock Bash.

Well, you're in luck then, because I posted a half-orc paladin two pages ago. Pretty typical THF pally: the only variation is I added DM of Finding for Lock Bash.
    so how would a 28pt build work? i can't make 32pt builds yet, not unlocked them yet.

8. 10-17-2015, 12:20 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Play a pure 20 druid. It is a fun experience solo. Everything works in heroics, so pick any style you like (casting, melee, or mixed).
    i don't know how to build a pure druid or anything, i never learned how to build my own toons. i just picked the game back up this month so i feel like a noob at DDO still that's why i asked for some builds so just telling me to play a pure 20 druid does nothing to help me as i have no clue how to build it properly for casting, melee or mixed.

so how would a 28pt build work? i can't make 32pt builds yet, not unlocked them yet.
    It's mostly a question of how many skill pts you want. Normally I max at least Intim and UMD on my pallies; that req's INT 10 on a non-human pally, which costs 4 stat pts on a HO. INT 12 would let you max another skill, like Concentration or Heal.

For a 28-pt build w/out tomes, I would probably start 18 / 8 / 14 / 12 / 8 / 12; max Concentration, Intim, and UMD; feats follow the same order listed. Historically for 2H pallies, falchions are your best weapon option, apart from certain named weapons, like Carnifex and SOS.

thanks for the help unbongwah, that HO Pally has me actually excited to play as a Pally for the first time ever.

Community Member

Default Big Mistake Need Help

OK. It was verry late last night and stupid is as stupid does. I decided I was tired of my lvl 13 human paly and decided I wanted to try a monk out. So what does my genius do, I use a +5 heart. lol. OK. after realizing that what I did I almost just wanted give up BUT I was tired. Anyway, this morning I decided to ask the think tank (DDO Forum).

I can only change 5 levels on this character. That will leave me 8 levels of a mandatory paladin to use. I really want to play with a monk build since I have soo much time and money invested in this character. I have a +6 tome of Str already used.

What do you suggest I can do to make a Monk from this that will be simple and fun? Is it possible to use another +5 heart? Not sure how to do that if already in the reincarnate process.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Sorry, are you saying you've already used the +5 HoW and you're in the middle of LRing; or that you're trying to figure out what you can do with a +5 HoW on a pure pally?

Community Member

Sorry, are you saying you've already used the +5 HoW and you're in the middle of LRing; or that you're trying to figure out what you can do with a +5 HoW on a pure pally?

No problem. Already used the +5 heart. I can still go into the game but the character is flagged to reincarnate. So kind of both.

Community Member

Default Swashbuckler request

Hello! Can I get links to Bard15, Fighter3, Rogue2 type builds for my Bard life (maybe beyond)? I have ideas for one. I'm thinking Str/Cha build. I want to have options for weapons as I don't have much gear prepared until about level 13.

I'm looking at 15, 14, 14, 14, 8, 16 right now. SWFx3, Shield Mastery, Quicken, Great Cleave ....

I'm thinking scims or heavy/light picks with light armor.

Just looking to confirm/double check what I'm doing.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Nilzone View Post
    Hello! Can I get links to Bard15, Fighter3, Rogue2 type builds for my Bard life (maybe beyond)?
    There's about a gazillion of them in the bard forums. A couple of samples:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...archanter-Bard
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...sed-Shadar-Kai
    I'm thinking scims or heavy/light picks with light armor.
    Scimitars and heavy picks are a bad choice, as they don't benefit from Swashbuckling bonuses. [Well, if you have Tempest, scimitars do count as light weapons, but you don't gain any crit bonuses from SB, so it's still a subpar choice.] Light picks are still fine, although the crit nerfs hit Exploit Weakness, so they've lost some of their edge compared to other weapons.

Community Member

Scimitars and heavy picks are a bad choice
    I figured there was a reason nobody was using them. I just couldn't find it.

Thanks for the links. I saw the ones you linked, but they are primarily based off of Iconics. Can you TR into an Iconic race then TR back out of it?
    Last edited by Nilzone; 11-13-2015 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilzone View Post
    Can you TR into an Iconic race then TR back out of it?
    Regular races can HTR as soon as they hit lvl 20; Iconics need to ITR at level cap (which is about to go up). Your current race has no bearing on what race you can choose for your next life; i.e., you can HTR a regular char into an Iconic and ITR an Iconic into a regular race.

EDIT: this is a helpful list for picking named weapons for a Swashbuckler.

Community Member

Default Build Request - A little old school

A little old school. 15 Paly/3 monk/2 fighter build. I was thinking unarmed or staff but I am open to other options for DPS. I am looking for strength based build. I have access to a +5 Str tome and +3 Dex. I wanna do Human 32 point build. Thanks.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ccd1977 View Post
    A little old school. 15 Paly/3 monk/2 fighter build. I was thinking unarmed or staff but I am open to other options for DPS. I am looking for strength based build. I have access to a +5 Str tome and +3 Dex. I wanna do Human 32 point build. Thanks.
    BTW this is a different toon than the one I was inquiring about above.

Community Member

Hi guys, I'm a returning player who's really not too keen on how things run anymore. (The last time I played there were no half elves or half orcs). I used to play a custom build known as "The SongBow" which for the life of me I can't even track down anymore. It consisted of 7 levels of bard, 5 levels of fighter, and 2 levels of ranger and utilized the arcane archer from the elf tree and the high BAB for a strong manyshot, self healing, and super good ranged damage. That seems much more difficult to accomplish and as such I'm looking for a really strong Eldritch Death Knight kind of build. I think it'd be really interesting/strong to make a wizard fighter combo that uses a heavy mix of necromancer and eldritch knight enhancements for self healing and super big sword explosions. I'm currently VIP now, so would someone help me out in constructing such a build?

Page 144 of 231 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194 ... LastLast