Page 143 of 231 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 4618

Quote Originally Posted by ccd1977 View Post
    It has been 7 years since I played and I decided to reactivate me account. I am currently VIP and have access to Bladeforged as well as 32 pts for build. I have no tomes and really cannot afford a full tome build.

I don't have much gear and would like this build to have high DPS or high Crit or both. I would really like TWF build with range if that is possible with survivability. I will be soloing a lot since I have not had the best luck finding active guilds or constructive groups.

Race preferred is human or bladeforged but that is not mandatory.

A listing of feats, skills, etc. would be great. Sorry to be such a pain but my current builds suck.
    Hey. I take breaks from the game from time to time and have to be caught up on stuff each time I return. Around Update 19 the game changed a lot, I don't know if you've read up on the changes but look up PRR, MRR, Dodge, and read up on enhancements because most of those changed.

So the things that you want to do are the things that Rangers are suppose to do well. Currently, however, people like to do 15pal/5rnr and 18barb/1rnr/1fvs. Both of those builds utilize +1 competence bonus to criticals (ftr Kensei Keen Edge does this too) and are really good at surviving.

Rangers are changing next update. Read up on it on the first two links here:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/forumdisp...ne-Discussions

Rangers are about to get a bump in ranged DPS, melee DPS, and get some more things to help them survive (more PRR, MRR, and dodge). One of the best changes will be that Improved Weapons Finesse will work on bows, right now Elves can do that with Grace. This will be huge for new players and returning players because you will be able to play a human ranger and focus on dexterity instead of spreading your points out on dex and str (cha if trying something like that 15pal/5rnr or 18barb build).

All that being said, What would I do if I were you?
    If you don't play often then level up a human ranger. The heroic enchancements now very rarely require any feats, this means you can swap between Tempest, Deepwood Stalker, and Arcane Archer freely. Your stats will be about the same for all three playstyle so don't worry about it. When you get 1750 favor pick a dex tome for your next life. Do a True Resurrection at 20 and revise your build to your playstyle and hopefully the Ranger changes will be in effect by then.

Or...

Just roll up a TWF paladin for now. Follow one of Unbongwah's builds. Paladins and Rangers have great past life feats for what you want to do so if you end up doing several TRs waiting on more tomes or Ranger changes then that's okay too.

P.S
    For stats follow Unbogwah's elven ranger for elf and for human just modify it a bit by lowering dex (to something like 14, it's easy to hit mobs now) and forget about Combat Archery for now. Also, Overwhelming Critical changed so you don't have to have Cleave and Great Cleave or a minimum strength. Read up on Dodge, Mobility, and Spring Attack cause that changed and might be helpful for you even though you are no longer required to have it for Tempest.
    Skills if mostly ranger should be Heal (this changed), UMD, Spot, Balance, Hide and Move Silently if you solo, and just one full rank into Tumble.
    Ghallanda
    Volver life 3 lvl 20 sorc - 4 Epic /// Adept life 3 lvl 2mnk/17pal /// Vindicate life 6 lvl 18rgr/1ftr/1clr - 2 Epic /// [COLOR="Red"]

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by daniel7 View Post
    Hey. I take breaks from the game from time to time and have to be caught up on stuff each time I return. Around Update 19 the game changed a lot, I don't know if you've read up on the changes but look up PRR, MRR, Dodge, and read up on enhancements because most of those changed.

So the things that you want to do are the things that Rangers are suppose to do well. Currently, however, people like to do 15pal/5rnr and 18barb/1rnr/1fvs. Both of those builds utilize +1 competence bonus to criticals (ftr Kensei Keen Edge does this too) and are really good at surviving.

Rangers are changing next update. Read up on it on the first two links here:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/forumdisp...ne-Discussions

Rangers are about to get a bump in ranged DPS, melee DPS, and get some more things to help them survive (more PRR, MRR, and dodge). One of the best changes will be that Improved Weapons Finesse will work on bows, right now Elves can do that with Grace. This will be huge for new players and returning players because you will be able to play a human ranger and focus on dexterity instead of spreading your points out on dex and str (cha if trying something like that 15pal/5rnr or 18barb build).

All that being said, What would I do if I were you?
    If you don't play often then level up a human ranger. The heroic enchancements now very rarely require any feats, this means you can swap between Tempest, Deepwood Stalker, and Arcane Archer freely. Your stats will be about the same for all three playstyle so don't worry about it. When you get 1750 favor pick a dex tome for your next life. Do a True Resurrection at 20 and revise your build to your playstyle and hopefully the Ranger changes will be in effect by then.

Or...

Just roll up a TWF paladin for now. Follow one of Unbongwah's builds. Paladins and Rangers have great past life feats for what you want to do so if you end up doing several TRs waiting on more tomes or Ranger changes then that's okay too.

P.S
    For stats follow Unbogwah's elven ranger for elf and for human just modify it a bit by lowering dex (to something like 14, it's easy to hit mobs now) and forget about Combat Archery for now. Also, Overwhelming Critical changed so you don't have to have Cleave and Great Cleave or a minimum strength. Read up on Dodge, Mobility, and Spring Attack cause that changed and might be helpful for you even though you are no longer required to have it for Tempest.
    Skills if mostly ranger should be Heal (this changed), UMD, Spot, Balance, Hide and Move Silently if you solo, and just one full rank into Tumble.
    Everyone here is soo amazing! Thank you for that break down. As stupid as this may sound, I did not know you can look up such changes. Always thought is was a findout through trial and error. I will read up on these now. Also, so for say a Paly/rgr build could I use the Bladeforged or should I stick with another race? Would BF gimp me here? Also, regarding TR'ing, should I stay pure or would multiclassing benefit any? Thanks again!

Everyone here is soo amazing! Thank you for that break down. As stupid as this may sound, I did not know you can look up such changes. Always thought is was a findout through trial and error. I will read up on these now. Also, so for say a Paly/rgr build could I use the Bladeforged or should I stick with another race? Would BF gimp me here? Also, regarding TR'ing, should I stay pure or would multiclassing benefit any? Thanks again!
    Bladeforged gets -2 to dexterity. You need to have a base of 17 dexterity for the Two Weapon Fighting line. Tomes count and you can put your level up points into dexterity. I wouldn't do that 15pal/5rgr split on a first life without tomes. If you want to play Bladeforged this life I recommend you do 11 or more ranger levels. If you do at least 11 levels of Ranger you get all of the TWF feats for free and you don't have to have 17 dexterity. You'll also get a lot of the nice ranged feats. You won't be able to get Holy Sword but those paladin levels will give you Divine Might for more DPS, better saves, more PRR, MRR, and immunities.

I'm thinking for Bladeforged you'd want to something like this:

11 Ranger - TWF feats, Ranged feats, Ram's Might, evasion (pick mithral body at start for this)
    3 Paladin - PRR, MRR, saves, immunities, Divine Might
    6 Fighter - strength, feats, kensei, keen edge

I can go into more detail later today or tonight.

If you have another character you can TR then you can get 1750 total favor and get a free +2 dexterity tome. Then get to level 20 and you can TR into a level one 34 point build or Iconic TR into a level 15 Bladeforged.
    Ghallanda
    Volver life 3 lvl 20 sorc - 4 Epic /// Adept life 3 lvl 2mnk/17pal /// Vindicate life 6 lvl 18rgr/1ftr/1clr - 2 Epic /// [COLOR="Red"]

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Keen Edge req's 8 ftr lvls to take Gtr Weap Focus feat.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Bladeforged gets -2 to dexterity. You need to have a base of 17 dexterity for the Two Weapon Fighting line. Tomes count and you can put your level up points into dexterity. I wouldn't do that 15pal/5rgr split on a first life without tomes. If you want to play Bladeforged this life I recommend you do 11 or more ranger levels. If you do at least 11 levels of Ranger you get all of the TWF feats for free and you don't have to have 17 dexterity. You'll also get a lot of the nice ranged feats. You won't be able to get Holy Sword but those paladin levels will give you Divine Might for more DPS, better saves, more PRR, MRR, and immunities.

I'm thinking for Bladeforged you'd want to something like this:

11 Ranger - TWF feats, Ranged feats, Ram's Might, evasion (pick mithral body at start for this)
    3 Paladin - PRR, MRR, saves, immunities, Divine Might

I can go into more detail later today or tonight.

If you have another character you can TR then you can get 1750 total favor and get a free +2 dexterity tome. Then get to level 20 and you can TR into a level one 34 point build or Iconic TR into a level 15 Bladeforged.
    OK. I see what you are saying. The TWF line will definitely suck resources dry from other Stats. OK. With the above suggestions, can I get away with using THF and use the Dex points toward something else? Say Wisdom since its so low.? I really don't want to rely on gear or tomes to make a good build or to case but if that is what is needed then that is what is needed. An idea of a road map to achieve this would be great. I think I will stick with BF tho if that is ideal. Another character I have is a lvl 13 WF if Bladeforged is not possible. Lastly, if I got to start over, I will but a road map would be great for that.

Thanks again.

OK. I see what you are saying. The TWF line will definitely suck resources dry from other Stats. OK. With the above suggestions, can I get away with using THF and use the Dex points toward something else? Say Wisdom since its so low.? I really don't want to rely on gear or tomes to make a good build or to case but if that is what is needed then that is what is needed. An idea of a road map to achieve this would be great. I think I will stick with BF tho if that is ideal. Another character I have is a lvl 13 WF if Bladeforged is not possible. Lastly, if I got to start over, I will but a road map would be great for that.

Thanks again.
    Many Shot also requires a dex of 17 unless you have 6 levels of Ranger then it's just granted to you even if you have a dex of 6. So you could do 14pal/6rnr. The reason why people are doing 15pal/5rnr is because they want both Zeal and Holy Sword.

You could do a Bladeforged THF 14pal/6rnr and pick Holy Sword for better crits. It might seem weird to pick THF when you've already been granted two of the TWF feats but that's just what you'll have to do.

Pretty much you just play like a normal paladin but you use many shot everytime you're off cool down. Herioc enhancements will be mostly KotC and some Sacred Defender. You'll play with them a bit cause it's easy to change and I don't recall any special feat or stat requirements. Epic Destinies tend to have perquisites more often so read up on those.

When you get to 20 you will pick an Epic Destiny to level up. You can pick from the Divine Sphere because you have 6 levels of paladin or the Primal Sphere if you have 6 levels of ranger. Those two spheres are far apart but you can eventually level from one side to the other but this will take time. More on this later.

Post the stats and feats you are thinking about and we can help you tweak it. We can even let you know which quests will have loot for your build. I'll post back late tonight when my baby goes to bed.
    Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Keen Edge req's 8 ftr lvls to take Gtr Weap Focus feat.
    Whoops.

What do you think his starting stats should be? I was thinking something like:

STR - 16 - All level ups here
    DEX - 10 - When you get 1750 favor pick a +2 dex tomes for your next life and to help your to hit with bow
    CON - 14 or 16
    WIS - 10
    INT - 8 or 10 - max out repair or repair and umd
    CHA - 16

Feats something like this:
    1. Power Attack, also pick adamantine body
    3. THF
    6. ITHF
    9. Improve Crit Slash
    12. GTHF
    15. Quicken
    18. Improve Crit Range
    21. Overwhelming Crit
    24. ???
    27. Blinding Speed
    Ghallanda

Community Member

Many Shot also requires a dex of 17 unless you have 6 levels of Ranger then it's just granted to you even if you have a dex of 6. So you could do 14pal/6rnr. The reason why people are doing 15pal/5rnr is because they want both Zeal and Holy Sword.

You could do a Bladeforged THF 14pal/6rnr and pick Holy Sword for better crits. It might seem weird to pick THF when you've already been granted two of the TWF feats but that's just what you'll have to do.

Pretty much you just play like a normal paladin but you use many shot everytime you're off cool down. Herioc enhancements will be mostly KotC and some Sacred Defender. You'll play with them a bit cause it's easy to change and I don't recall any special feat or stat requirements. Epic Destinies tend to have perquisites more often so read up on those.

When you get to 20 you will pick an Epic Destiny to level up. You can pick from the Divine Sphere because you have 6 levels of paladin or the Primal Sphere if you have 6 levels of ranger. Those two spheres are far apart but you can eventually level from one side to the other but this will take time. More on this later.

Post the stats and feats you are thinking about and we can help you tweak it. We can even let you know which quests will have loot for your build. I'll post back late tonight when my baby goes to bed.
    This is where I get lost. I do not want gimped wisdom keeping Wis of 6 since I will be starting BF at level 15 and I don't have gear to make up 8 wisdom for that. I don't want to rely on temporary effects like ship buffs or potions. So basically my main concern is lets say I have gear to get my wisdom to 14 and the gear I need for end game just so happens to use the slot for that Wisdom gear. Then I am back to not casting spells again because of a low natural Wis. This has me rethinking this build now.

This is what I was thinking.

Str 16
    Dex 6 (Will TWF feats be impacted by this low number if I get them for free?)
    Con 16
    Int 8
    Wis 12 (+2 Wis gear should not be a problem)
    Char 16

Apologies for the newbieness

Really Dexterity will be just for your to hit bonus when using Many Shot, 7 years ago this was a concern but not so much any more.

+6 items are lower level now than they use to be. Wheloon even has some +8 items that ML 15. A starting wisdom of 8 should be sufficient.

If it turns out you don't quite like the way you made your build you can just do a TR, iTR, or eTR (this is a lot like using a lesser heart of wood). Obviously with Paladins needing points in so many areas it's a good idea to TR at least twice. If you TR twice and get 1750 favor each time then you are gauranteed three +2 tomes. 36 points and three +2 tomes makes it much easier to do multiclassing builds.

So don't stress over your decisions with stats and skill points right now, just learn from it and TR.
    Ghallanda

Oh and if you do happen to have trouble hitting mobs then next time drop Power Attack and take Precision. I actually take Precision over PA now but many, maybe most, people still prefer PA.

Also, you might want to Google "ddo named longbows" and the same with whatever weapons you want to use. You can have it list by ML or damage.

I like to use the Lords March stuff that's ML 13 upgraded. But most people will use the Wheloon stuff.

http://m.ddowiki.com/page/Cauldron_of_Sora_Katra
    Ghallanda

Community Member

Hi,

I would like to ask for a build that fulfills the following

1) automatic self heals (like palemaster aura)
    2) ranged (box, xbow, or throw weapons are all good)
    3) trapper

Mainly to play solo, no tomes available, no greensteel, 0-1 past lifes, not too bad to level (i.e. it is not completely horrible until level 20+)

Any suggestion is very welcome. I have been researching a bit with shuricannon (but no self heals) and dread ninja

thx

Quote Originally Posted by fabfab555 View Post
    1) automatic self heals (like palemaster aura)
    Passive self-healing is tricky, since you only have a few options: barb T5 abilities (I think Blood Strength procs on ranged atks, but I have to test to be sure); Radiant Servant aura; Pale Master undead forms. [For melee builds, I would count Ameliorating Strike as semi-passive healing.]

Are you looking for an epic / endgame build or just something for farming a heroic PL?
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Passive self-healing is tricky, since you only have a few options: barb T5 abilities (I think Blood Strength procs on ranged atks, but I have to test to be sure); Radiant Servant aura; Pale Master undead forms. [For melee builds, I would count Ameliorating Strike as semi-passive healing.]

Are you looking for an epic / endgame build or just something for farming a heroic PL?
    well something to have fun but not just to rush to 20 and TR.

Maybe some sort of wiz/rog full int with mech+harp+a splash of palemaster?

Community Member

Default New Update and Ranger Tempest path

OK. I just logged in and saw the Update 28! Oh man the ranger got some nice stuff and some fixes. This has brought me to a new build that I plan on rolling up tonight!

32 Point build, no pass lives, no tomes. Mainly TWF massive DPS but not too squishy build. Would love to dive in head deep in a mob or boss and tear it up if need be.

I am confused though and I have searched but not found an up to date Dex Vs Str build. I know simple differences like to hit vs damage but then there are Dex to dmg modifiers that I don't know how to build for. I would like a Dex build but not sure what weapons to use (Khopesh, Dwarve Axes, Rapiers or Bastard sword) or what feats/skills I would need to really maximize this build. Also could I splash barb or fighter to improve anything like durability and DPS? I also could not find too much in archane archer which I am very interested in.

Here is what i got so excuse my noobiness.

Tempest Ranger
    Ranger 20
    Neutral Good Human

Stats
    32pt Level Up
    ---- --------
    Strength 12 4: DEX
    Dexterity 18 8: DEX
    Constitution 16 12: DEX
    Intelligence 8 16: DEX
    Wisdom 10 20: DEX
    Charisma 8 24: DEX
    28: DEX

Skills
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Heal 4 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 23
    Search 4 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 23
    Jump 4 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 23
    Swim 4 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 23
    Balance 2 ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ 11½
    UMD 2 ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ 11½
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    24 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6

Feats (Errors)

1 : Toughness
    1 Human : Precision
    1 Ranger : Favored Enemy: Giant
    3 : Weapon Finesse
    5 Ranger : Favored Enemy: Undead
    6 : Dodge
    9 : Mobility
    10 Ranger : Favored Enemy: Aberration
    12 : Spring Attack
    15 : Cleave
    15 Ranger : Favored Enemy: Evil Outsider
    18 : Oversized Two Weapon Fighting
    20 Ranger : Favored Enemy: Elemental
    21 Epic :
    24 Epic :
    26 Destiny:
    27 Epic :
    28 Destiny:

Spells

1. Jump, Ram's Might, Resist Energy, Summon Nature's Ally I
    2. Cat's Grace, Cure Light Wounds, Protection from Energy, Summon Nature's Ally II
    3. Cure Moderate Wounds, Neutralize Poison, Remove Disease, Summon Nature's Ally III
    4. Cure Serious Wounds, Mass Longstrider, Summon Nature's Ally IV, Freedom of Movement

I am confused though and I have searched but not found an up to date Dex Vs Str build.
    STR: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ivine-crusader
    DEX: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5693829
    I would like a Dex build but not sure what weapons to use (Khopesh, Dwarve Axes, Rapiers or Bastard sword)
    If you're going DEX-based Tempest, you have to use light weapons or scimitars to get DEX to dmg. This should still include rapiers if you take Weapon Finesse or Elven Grace.
    Also could I splash barb or fighter to improve anything like durability and DPS?
    Sure, but you give up the capstones, both of which are very nice right now. Rgrs got the "glass cannon" treatment this update.
    I also could not find too much in archane archer which I am very interested in.
    FYI, AA changes are supposed to be patched in later.

Community Member

Default A Variation You Haven't Done Yet?

Hey guys,

I'm working on my next build and I'm pretty sure it's going to feature Mechanic Rogues pretty heavily--specifically, with the intention of making the Great Crossbow a viable weapon. Between its innate 10% no save knockdown, crit power, and generally the majesty and gravitas of the biggest and baddest crossbow out there, I'm fascinated.

I've considered a few potential builds already--maybe that's flattering myself, I've done some analysis of Rog 20 or Pal 14/Rog 6--but I'm having a lot of trouble nailing down things like Race choice (I have all premium races and Bladeforged), Feat choice, enhancement distribution (pretty sure it gets tight...), and skill point timing (how often do I take rogue levels if I multiclass?). Thankfully, gear is pretty straightforward--there are only 4 or so named Great Crossbows in the game.

My objective with the build is to be able to handle endgame traps and dish out comparable dps to more popular ranged dps builds. I have 32 point, 34 point, or 36 point available, with each step up being harder to get (have 32-pt build, a first-life that's ready to TR though I'd prefer to keep them epic, and a third life that's still in the mid levels)--I can get access to stat tomes and don't mind feat replacements.

Community Member

LuminescentTide, one of the current favorite builds is the 14/6 Paladin Mechanic build you mentioned, linked below. It requires a +6 tome, but that can be easily remedied by taking a few points out of Int and dropping them into Dex. If you want to go this route, you could also switch to Bladeforged just by dropping the Quicken feat at level 6

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-a-Knife-Fight

That being said, you'll get similar damage with a straight 20 Mechanic. You'll lack the PRR and self-healing in favor of evasion and various rogue benefits (Opportunist, Defensive Roll, etc). Your damage will also be more contingent on sneak attack.

One note, however - Great Crossbows knock down on vorpal, which is 5% of the time unless you have the level 18 mechanic core ability

Edit: Level 12 mechanic core, not level 18
    Edit #2: Wow, I guess I don't know the Mechanic tree as well as I thought. 19-20 vorpal is T5, not a core ability
    Last edited by Discpsycho; 10-03-2015 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Discpsycho View Post
    One note, however - Great Crossbows knock down on vorpal, which is 5% of the time unless you have the level 18 mechanic core ability
    "Sniper: You gain 1 extra Sneak Attack die with bows, crossbows, and thrown weapons. Non-repeating crossbows increase this to 3 Sneak Attack dice and also gain +2[W]. Great Crossbows now vorpal on a 19-20."

Yes, that includes the knockdown effect. Hence it becoming 10% of the time after lvl 12.

There's not really any significant difference between a Great Xbow and a repeater build; you want virtually all of the same feats, Enhancements, etc. So all the usual repeater builds - rog 6 / pal 14, rog 5 / pal 14 / arty 1, pure rog, rog 18 / ?? 2, etc. - are fine for gt xbows instead.

Community Member

Ah, ok, I'll take another look at that one. Thanks guys!

I'm sorta a new player when it comes to DDO...played the game on & off for a few years but i'm looking for a build i can use with a druid & half-orc, 28pt build or anything that VIPs & F2P players have access to. i mainly want to solo the game, not interested in raids just want to enjoy the game content. sorry if this request seems a tad confusing, i really suck at making builds (current build is 2 rogue/1 wizard dwarf) so yeah i could really use some help coming up with some good builds.

Page 143 of 231 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193 ... LastLast