Page 140 of 231 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,800 of 4618
    Community Member

A problem you may run into with your idea is that as a trapper, especially on a low skillpoint class like paladin, you almost have to make an int build. Vanguards focus heavily on their shield, but the harper enhancement int to damage only works on weapons, not shields.

So you're going to either not have enough skillpoints to do trapping as a first lifer if you go strength, or you go int and have lower damage with the vanguard shield attacks.
    Sarlona server: Sinzarr

Quote Originally Posted by Sinzar_ View Post
    A problem you may run into with your idea is that as a trapper, especially on a low skillpoint class like paladin, you almost have to make an int build. Vanguards focus heavily on their shield, but the harper enhancement int to damage only works on weapons, not shields.
    Good to know. Some things aren't completely obvious at first. Guess I'll scrap that idea. Thanks anyway!
    Might just go for a regular vanguard build then.

Community Member

Default Me... and this army!

I started a thread asking for advice, then I realised this thread was probably where I should be asking.

Inspired by the Enlightened Spirit tree of Warlock, I'd like to make a character with maximum boosts for pets/summons/hirelings. My limited knowledge suggests this is the Warlock ES tree, Augment Summoning, Druid past lives (which I don't have - at least not yet) and that's about it.

I speculate that (assuming tier 5 ES) that either pure Warlock or 15 levels in Artificer or Druid might be the way to go, or some Bard or Paladin levels for more army buffs, but I am no expert, and advice would be welcome! I have all the races and classes available, including Vet Status, so an awkward first few levels doesn't matter.
    Last edited by GrantAnderson; 07-25-2015 at 07:18 PM.

4. 07-26-2015, 02:57 PM

Reason
    Double post

Community Member

Default Healing/Tank/Rogue

So basically I am running my friend who is completely new to DDO through the start of the quests. He face checked the same trap 3 times in a row (causing instant death) making me think my current cleric aka healbot isnt enough for him. I was looking for an intimitank-cleric/rogue, maybe some pally or fighter mixed in for actual dps. I have VIP so have full access. The closest thing I can find is "The Thing" from the front page but it is a little out of date.

Community Member

GrantAnderson:

You're correct about ES, Augment and Druid past lives. ES T5 is the only T5 enhancement I can think of that directly benefits summoned monsters, so that'll be in there. Druids get Blood Moon Frenzy at T2. At that point, things become a little more nebulous. Do you want to be in the fray with them? Sit back and cast spells?

Primal Avatar gives several abilities: Summer Smoke and The Oncoming Storm at T3, Autumn Harvest and Summon Dryad Elder at T4. Magister has Call Kindred Being (T4) and Grand Summoner (T5). Divine Crusader's Consecration (T2) provides a 10% damage buff (T4) and a heal over time effect (T3).

If you were willing to melee, I'd be inclined to use Primal Avatar, twisting Consecration and its related buffs. This means a bunch of druid levels (8-15) with the knowledge that extraneous levels in Fighter (3 or 4 for Stalwart Defense and melee combat feats) would decrease the power of your summoned wolf. Just a shot in the dark, but 11 Druid / 5 Warlock / 4 Fighter would probably be your best bet, maximizing Str (melee damage) and Con (ES enhancements). 11 Druid also opens up a bunch of fun AOE buff spells like Tenacious Pack or Pack Aptitude, all the +4 Mass Ability buffs, Mass Vigor and Animal Growth

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Discpsycho View Post
    Just a shot in the dark, but 11 Druid / 5 Warlock / 4 Fighter would probably be your best bet
    You don't say!
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

There's been a thread about race imbalance lately, and now I wonder, is there any build were a dwarf would be optimal race?
    I know that dwarfs have con to damage thing, but its extremally costy, possibly blocking other, way better, class enhancements.

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    There's been a thread about race imbalance lately, and now I wonder, is there any build were a dwarf would be optimal race?
    Optimal? Probably not, unfortunately. But the obvious choice is CON-based pure barb going for Ravager or OS capstone, both of which benefit from max CON. I've also toyed with CON-based warlock build ideas, to take advantage of Brilliance + Shining Through. CON-based Dwarven Defender (ftr) is still an option, though hardly ideal compared to a dwarf or human pally, despite the feat shortage.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

I would like a 32 pt build similar to the arcane ranger but updated to current enhancement trees etc. I start started on the arcane ranger listed in the links on first post but could not find the enhancements listed. It could well be me but I looked several times while trying to fill in the first 4 levels. I hope it is not me as I would then be wasting your time. any needed info from me other than above just ask, please.

edit: forgot I also want sneaking ability - if possible. this toon would like to stand and pick off enemy from range.
    Last edited by rlarge; 08-05-2015 at 02:50 PM.

I don't see a build labeled "arcane ranger" on the first page. Do you mean one of the innumerable arcane archer builds?

Community Member

if I am linking correctly this is the build I "meant" to talk about.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post1341185

if I did it wrong then the build is actually called strongbow mage. sorry for the mistake.

oh and when I said sneaking I meant stealthy. sigh. sry again.
    Last edited by rlarge; 08-05-2015 at 03:44 PM.

Community Member

Hello everyone, I'm looking for a fvs melee thf, i.ve Hello everyone, I'm trying to a build a fvs melee thf, I.ve tome +5 to all stats and past life 3xbard 1xbarb / wiz/ sorcerer / rogue / druid. I need only x life in heroic.

Can help me?

Community Member

Default First Life Monkcher Trapper

Hiya everyone, i'm looking for a first life 32 pt elf AA monkcher trapper build, and I also have access to harper tree. I'm not sure whether a 12 monk / 8 ranger / 2 rogue int build would work though. Help would be appreciated, thanks! I'm also not running through the game solo, if it helps any.

That's an ancient build, obviously, and TBH I never thought it was that great of an idea in the first place. Harper opens up some interesting possibilities, though, since it lets you make INT both your caster DC and ranged DPS stat. But there are still four major issues with this build:
    • Stat dependencies: max INT for DCs & ranged dmg; you'll also want at least DEX 19 for Imp Prec Shot, possibly DEX 21 for Combat Archery; and enough CON to not die, ofc. For a TRed vet with a +6 Supreme tome, this is no big deal; for a first-lifer starting from nothing, it's a lot more challenging.
    • Feat shortage: presuming you use Strategic Combat for INT-to-dmg, on a non-monkcher AA build you want up to 9 feats (PBS, Rapid Shot, Prec Shot, Precision, Manyshot, IC:Ranged, IPS, Overwhelming Crit, CA). The rest of your feats you'll want to go to spellcasting. If you played elf or HE wiz 20 you get 15 feats total (7 heroic + 5 wiz + 3 epic), so it's doable, but odds are you have to sacrifice some caster feats (e.g., the Spell Pen line), some ranged feats, or a bit of both.
    • AP deficiency: it costs at least 14 APs to unlock the racial AA PrE and 12 APs to get Strategic Combat II. So right out of the gate, that leaves only 54 APs to split between AA, AM, PM, and EK. APs you're spending on ranged DPS are APs you're not spending on caster DPS; and vice versa. So it's very easy to end up with a build which does two things poorly rather than one thing well.
    • Limited gear slots: again, slots you use to up your ranged DPS (Deadly, Seeker, etc.) are slots you're not using up your caster DPS (Spellpower, Spell Lore, etc.). So I'll reiterate: it's very easy to end up with a build which does two things poorly rather than one thing well.

The "best" AA mage idea I could come up with is a Shiradi build which alternates between Manyshot using bows and typical Shiradi spam (i.e., Missile spells, Meteor Swarm, etc.) while MS is on CD. It's still not a great idea, but it technically works.

Quote Originally Posted by pazzerello89 View Post
    I'm looking for a fvs melee thf
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Caster-build

It's TWF, but converting it to THF is no big deal. I've also got a BF FvS 17 / pal 3 build somewhere, meant to be the modern successor to the Sol Survivor.

Community Member

ty unbongwah. ok can you suggest a mage build that can be solo, , use longbow when waiting on spells, enough dodge/etc to get mostly misses from mobs, and have some self heal if possible. last may be way out of bounds for what is possible but can always dream. Build should be for first life, not too many tomes, and be equipped from aujction house at first. I have plats from other toons. if I am way out of bounds for what can be done then tell me and give best build with what can be done. thank x in advance. again if too much being asked just tell me.

Community Member

Default Req Odd Build

Hi there Req an odd type build as im a returning player who doesnt like alot of active triggers (like trip sunder)
    Im looking for a PM type tank build who relies on selfhealing to keep alive not pots or cleric spells
    Someone who can dual wield with an aura going as his only healing source.
    Someone who can use ranged weaponry if needed but isnt going to rely on spells other than necromancy aura
    someone who can disable traps unlock doors or use spells
    someone who can deal with multiple mobs beating on him and if neccessary cc group and thn dispatch 1 on 1

no tomes no TR or reincarnations, Human 32pt build and can go thru everything from lvl 7 to endgame (im veteran)
    also no idea how to change alignment so cant seem to make a rogue/paladin anything
    thank you very much
    Last edited by CrazyDoc; 08-09-2015 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDoc View Post
    Im looking for a PM type tank build who relies on selfhealing to keep alive not pots or cleric spells
    Someone who can dual wield with an aura going as his only healing source.
    Someone who can use ranged weaponry if needed but isnt going to rely on spells other than necromancy aura
    someone who can disable traps unlock doors or use spells
    someone who can deal with multiple mobs beating on him and if neccessary cc group and thn dispatch 1 on 1
    No offense, but is there anything you don't want this build to be able to do?

Wraith form req's at least 12 wiz lvls; but good AoE CC on a caster usually requires maxing your caster lvls, ideally with Mass Hold Monster. "TWF+ranged" makes me think of hvy rgr splash for feats & Manyshot. Trap skills require rog or arty splash. "Tank" implies "draws aggro without dying," which makes me think ftr or pal for Sacred / Stalwart Defender.

So it sounds to me like you want a quadruple-class build (when 3 is the max) with about 27 class lvls (wiz 17 + rgr 6 + ftr 4 + rog 2) when 20 is the max. And you want all that on a first-life build without any tomes or special gear?

What I'm suggesting is maybe you should narrow your build's focus to something a little more realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by rlarge View Post
    ok can you suggest a mage build that can be solo, , use longbow when waiting on spells, enough dodge/etc to get mostly misses from mobs, and have some self heal if possible.
    Do you have Harper? Do you want a monkcher?

Community Member

Default editing

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    No offense, but is there anything you don't want this build to be able to do?

Wraith form req's at least 12 wiz lvls; but good AoE CC on a caster usually requires maxing your caster lvls, ideally with Mass Hold Monster. "TWF+ranged" makes me think of hvy rgr splash for feats & Manyshot. Trap skills require rog or arty splash. "Tank" implies "draws aggro without dying," which makes me think ftr or pal for Sacred / Stalwart Defender.

So it sounds to me like you want a quadruple-class build (when 3 is the max) with about 27 class lvls (wiz 17 + rgr 6 + ftr 4 + rog 2) when 20 is the max. And you want all that on a first-life build without any tomes or special gear?

What I'm suggesting is maybe you should narrow your build's focus to something a little more realistic.
    ok editing this since i do want a PM type that will use auras for self healing (ive been reading) I dont need crowd control since wiz can use a spell if needed but wont be using damage spell will be using whatever weapons he finds the toon can use a bow for range for the mobs up on cliffs or something but will mainly twf as for traps and unlock doors and detect i can use a wizzie spell for those 2 Ftr seems good as tank type

Page 140 of 231 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190 ... LastLast