Page 133 of 231 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 4618
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

I can tell you from past experience that EK is a pretty weak DPS PrE, unfortunately. So if you go heavy on the wiz lvls, it ought to be for the spells, not for EK enhs, IMHO.

Do have Harper & Warforged? If so, you could do something like INT-based rog 2 / monk 6 / wiz 12: 11 APs into Acrobat (Quick Strike + Acrobatics), 32 APs into Henshin for Staff Spec, 11 APs into Ninja for Shadow Form, 13 APs into EK for +3% doublestrike, EK Cleave, Imp Mage Armor & Shield, and Arcane Barrier, 12 APs into Harper for Know the Angles & Strategic Combat.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    I can tell you from past experience that EK is a pretty weak DPS PrE, unfortunately. So if you go heavy on the wiz lvls, it ought to be for the spells, not for EK enhs, IMHO.

Do have Harper & Warforged? If so, you could do something like INT-based rog 2 / monk 6 / wiz 12: 11 APs into Acrobat (Quick Strike + Acrobatics), 32 APs into Henshin for Staff Spec, 11 APs into Ninja for Shadow Form, 13 APs into EK for +3% doublestrike, EK Cleave, Imp Mage Armor & Shield, and Arcane Barrier, 12 APs into Harper for Know the Angles & Strategic Combat.
    Thanks for the input. Yeah I basically want the wiz for buffs, not offense. Just thought the EK would allow for the buffs and some melee enh. Maybe my split is all wrong. I do not have Harper but could get. I really don't want to play a robot though....

Well, you could try the fleshie / Pale Master route, but that spreads your APs too thin, IMHO: 11 APs Acro, 32 APs Henshin, 21 APs PM (wraith form), leaving only 16 APs for your other PrEs. Although with wraith form, you don't need Ninja Shadow Form anymore, so I guess it's more of a wash. Alternatively if you want to stick with halfling you could take the healing DMs; combined with Fists of Light and ED healing abilities, it might be sufficient.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Default Returning Player Needa a Build

Thank you in advance for any help.

Returning after several years away. Never great at building a character, but with all the changes since I left I am even more lost.

I was looking through the inventories of the characters I left on the server and I have a ton of good dwarven axes, up until the mid teens anyway.

So, I am looking for:

-Soloability. I don't know anyone so will solo most of the time. I have a ton of cure serious/crit wands I want to use. What classes can use those with no UMD?
    - Full rog skills. I don't like to pass up anything...
    - Dwarf of course.
    - I have 32 pt builds

Thanks again, look forward to returning.

IIRC, Cure Wand use without UMD by class should be:
    • Any Cure Wand (Light, Moderate, Serious, Critical): Bard, Cleric, Favored Soul
    • Light, Moderate, or Serious: Paladin, Ranger
    • Light or Moderate: Druid
    • None: Everything else

A single class level is all that is needed to unlock all the appropriate cure wands, but your total character level still has to meet the minimum level requirement on the Wand. OTOH since you are taking Rogue levels you could work in enough UMD for wands on some other class, given enough skillpoints. Keep in mind that swapping to a wand to heal yourself in the middle of combat is never ideal, so generally it is nice to have some sort of more convenient in-combat healing ability to use in emergencies. In epic levels with Epic Destinies you can "twist" in self-healing on any class, but you have to get there first.

Bard, Paladin, and Barbarian are the current Uberclasses. Unfortunately your setup may be aiming outside any of the sweet spots. Any melee with 15+ levels of Paladin is superpowered right now (due to Holy Sword and Zeal spells alongside Heavy Armor and Defensive Stance), but skillpoints for trapskills are tough with that much Paladin (and even moreso for a Dwarf). OTOH a Paladin in Heavy Armor can basically run through just about any trap and not care about being hit, between the PRR/MRR and good saves. Barbarian is a little better off on skillpoints but you cannot find or disarm traps while Raged, so you have to dismiss Rage repeatedly or run around unRaged a lot to deal with traps and IMO that's annoying at best. I haven't played one after their recent revamp, but IIUC a well built Barb also gets to ignores traps these days. Bard has lots of skillpoints to fit in trapping and lots of utility and CC, but its most powerful DPS setup is using the newer Swashbuckling stance and that is not compatible with Dwarven Axes.

Do you have any tomes? And are you set on using those Dwarven Axes?
    Sarlona resident (PureMouse, PlushMouse, [& other little mice], Cryosite)
    Former lurker/resident of Argonessen (Shyelle, Cheyelle, Moonsparkle)

"The first thing you need to do when considering a halfling thrower build, is learn how to bend halflings correctly so that they return." - amnota/Trelaf of Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by Deceeve View Post
    -Soloability. I don't know anyone so will solo most of the time. I have a ton of cure serious/crit wands I want to use. What classes can use those with no UMD?
    - Full rog skills. I don't like to pass up anything...
    - Dwarf of course.
    - I have 32 pt builds
    If not for the rog skill requirement, my first thought was S&B pure paladin; see my Sacred Vanguards thread. You can MC a Vanguard, ofc, but without the higher-level PrE enhancements your DPS takes a noticeable hit.

You could do a dwarf version of the classic Tempest trapmonkey. Rgr DPS has fallen behind the curve, unfortunately, but it's still a versatile, fun combo, IMHO.

You could also try a rog-splashed barb build (either SWF or TWF). Barbs actually get a lot of free healing from their lvl 12 T5 abilities; the only downside is you have to make it to lvl 12 first to unlock them. But soloing w/a cleric hire until then is still a viable option. Barb 18 / rog 1 / cleric or FvS 1 is an option; the divine splash gets you Div Might & access to divine wands, inc. CCW.

Default 2mnk/18fvs

Thanks for your time. I am returning after a few years away and would like to get feedback and updates a build I enjoyed in the past.

Elf, 2 Mnk, 15 Fvs, 34 points to spend. Wiz past life. Healer, spellcaster, uses unarmed weapons.
    Arasari fvs/monk Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by panshiko View Post
    Thanks for your time. I am returning after a few years away and would like to get feedback and updates a build I enjoyed in the past.

Elf, 2 Mnk, 15 Fvs, 34 points to spend. Wiz past life. Healer, spellcaster, uses unarmed weapons.
    Monk splashes are not en vogue at this time. With the way armor works now, it's usually more convenient using heavier types and relying on the protection of PRR/MRR. For a defensively savy allround Caster Soul I'd recommend a three or four level splash of Paladin (depending how you weight wings vs. improved defensive stance) in Heavy armor.

Monk should still work, but it's harder go get a working defense going, evasion is simply not as mandatory as in past times. If you are willing to splash beyond wings, there are for example Shiradi Missle builds out there using some wizard multiclassing. The FVS-Forums have some nice builds on their front page.

One particular thing: The old style of 'mass heal on x' is not important anymore. Being a healer nowadays is much more about spot healing, light group healing or single tank healing if at all. Most builds are self-sufficient and you really should build towards your own offenses first before sacrificing potential only for healing purposes. The healing baseline of 12+ clr/fvs levels is usually enough.
    The best days are the days you don't have to wear socks or shoes.

Is your goal to reach 20 and TR again; or are you looking for something epic-viable? If it's the former, then you might as well just keep doing whatever you've been doing; the only change I can think of which might impact your leveling is you can now take the higher-level monk stances (i.e., Adept / Master / GM of Forms) as regular feats.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinco View Post
    Monk splashes are not en vogue at this time. With the way armor works now, it's usually more convenient using heavier types and relying on the protection of PRR/MRR. For a defensively savy allround Caster Soul I'd recommend a three or four level splash of Paladin (depending how you weight wings vs. improved defensive stance) in Heavy armor.

Monk should still work, but it's harder go get a working defense going, evasion is simply not as mandatory as in past times. If you are willing to splash beyond wings, there are for example Shiradi Missle builds out there using some wizard multiclassing. The FVS-Forums have some nice builds on their front page.

One particular thing: The old style of 'mass heal on x' is not important anymore. Being a healer nowadays is much more about spot healing, light group healing or single tank healing if at all. Most builds are self-sufficient and you really should build towards your own offenses first before sacrificing potential only for healing purposes. The healing baseline of 12+ clr/fvs levels is usually enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Is your goal to reach 20 and TR again; or are you looking for something epic-viable? If it's the former, then you might as well just keep doing whatever you've been doing; the only change I can think of which might impact your leveling is you can now take the higher-level monk stances (i.e., Adept / Master / GM of Forms) as regular feats.
    I enjoyed playing a nimble healer type who didn't have to deal with heavy armor. I have not done epic before so I would like to experience that but I'm afraid my build is not in vogue and won't work?
    Arasari fvs/monk Sarlona

Community Member

Hey there! I am quite new. Been trying builds with Iconics (SDK / ML / PDK) but I've never liked anyone of them. Can anyone give me a build that i can enjoy, which includes being melee (I hate clickies), wears Heavy Armor and can see / open locks (need more loot because I am new). I am F2P so no paid content. Only got the Iconics from the Shadowfall expansion. Thanks!

I enjoyed playing a nimble healer type who didn't have to deal with heavy armor. I have not done epic before so I would like to experience that but I'm afraid my build is not in vogue and won't work?
    Pajama builds in general have fallen out of vogue since the U23 Armor Up changes tweaked PRR and added MRR; a pure cleric can get a lot of protection just from equipping hvy armor and ignore their Reflex saves entirely.

You can stick with what you've got if you like; certainly having a decent Stunning Fist DC on a WIS-based caster never hurts.

It's actually been a long time since I played a centered caster; most recent thread I can find for a modern clonk is Jotmon's, so maybe start there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pchaness View Post
    Can anyone give me a build that i can enjoy, which includes being melee (I hate clickies), wears Heavy Armor and can see / open locks (need more loot because I am new).
    Sorry, are you saying you want an Iconic build; or you've just been using them to test build ideas?

The first option which springs to mind is PDK or SDK barb 18 / rog 1 / ftr 1: the rog splash adds trap skills, ofc, while the ftr splash adds heavy armor prof and an extra feat. Paladin instead of barb would also work; main advantage of barb is extra skill pts over pally.

Default Build request: Shuricannon Qstaff user.

Build request: Shuricannon Qstaff user.

race: halfling
    classes: rogue and monk (any other except druid if needed).

This would be played through on a 2nd life. She has one EPL (3% Doublestrike) right now, I would grind out a second (Colors of the Queen) before TRing if I went for this build.

Leave one feat free for the halfling Dragonmarks. She would need full heroic trap skills.

Why: because my little acrobat doesn't have enough cr@p in her bank!

I have a halfling acrobat with a splash of monk. I've been running with another halfling whose been flinging shuriken and it sure looks fun. After questioning, I determined the shuricannon is more dependant on feats than the acrobat. My Big F'n stick acrobat has both the full cleave line & the full whirlwind attack line of feats, so she's clearly wasting a few. I started to think...what if I played a shuricannon that could use a staff, instead of a staff user who only uses a shuriken to trip levers?

Acrobats are great, but they suck at range (and in outfits are a little squishy up close). There are times when being able to control range would be VERY useful.

Default The Vanguard Ravager

Someone PMed me a request for a specific build concept: S&B barb 12 / ftr 6 / FvS 2 using b.swords or d.axes. TBH, I'm not seeing the synergies here: barb Rage and defensive stance cancel each other out, so you have to sacrifice one or the other; and with only 6 ftr lvls, you can only get +5% atk speed from Vanguard core, which pales in comparison to +30% atk speed from GSWF + Skirmisher from Swashie.

But like 90% of the fun of DDO these days for me is coming up with inventive character concepts and finding the least gimp way of building them, so here we go.

This is just a proof-of-concept build; I haven't put any thought into optimizing leveling order or skill allocation. But the nice thing about it is it's actually newbie-friendly (well, as flavor builds go), since it requires no tomes and the FvS splash is easily replaced by cleric. APs are pretty tight; I wanted Wall of Steel, Smite Weakness, & Uncanny Balance too, but ran outta pts.

Code:
    Vanguard Ravager
    12/6/2 Barbarian/Fighter/Favored Soul, Epic 1
    True Neutral Human

Level Order

1. Barbarian. . . .6. Fighter . . . .11. Barbarian. . . 16. Barbarian
    2. Fighter. . . . .7. Favored Soul. .12. Barbarian. . . 17. Barbarian
    3. Barbarian. . . .8. Fighter . . . .13. Barbarian. . . 18. Barbarian
    4. Fighter. . . . .9. Fighter . . . .14. Barbarian. . . 19. Barbarian
    5. Fighter. . . . 10. Barbarian . . .15. Barbarian. . . 20. Favored Soul

Stats
    . . . . . . . .28pt . . 32pt . . Level Up
    . . . . . . . .---- . . ---- . . --------
    Strength. . . . 16. . . .16. . . .4: STR
    Dexterity . . . .8. . . . 8. . . .8: STR
    Constitution. . 14. . . .16. . . 12: STR
    Intelligence. . 10. . . .10. . . 16: STR
    Wisdom. . . . . .8. . . . 8. . . 20: STR
    Charisma. . . . 16. . . .16. . . 

Feats

.1. . . . : Power Attack
    .1 Human. : Cleave
    .2 Fighter: Shield Mastery
    .3. . . . : Exotic Weapon: Dwarven Axe
    .4 Fighter: Great Cleave
    .6. . . . : Two Handed Fighting
    .6 Fighter: Improved Two Handed Fighting
    .7 Deity. : Follower of: Sovereign Host
    .9. . . . : Improved Critical: Slashing
    .9 Fighter: Improved Shield Mastery
    12. . . . : Greater Two Handed Fighting
    15. . . . : Stunning Blow
    18. . . . : Improved Shield Bash
    21 Epic . : Overwhelming Critical

Enhancements (80 AP)

Human (3 AP)

• Damage Boost
      1. Improved Recovery
    Ravager (36 AP)
    • Furious Rage, Pain Touch, Demoralizing Success, Pain Touch II
      1. Do You Like Pain? III, Barbarian Power Attack III, Hardy Rage III
      2. I Like Pain III, Cruel Cut III
      3. Festering Wound III, Strength
      4. I Hit Back! III, Dismember III
      5. Blood Strength, Critical Rage II
    Frenzied Berserker (14 AP)
    • Die Hard, Frenzied Toughness, Frenzy
      1. Extra Rage III, Die Harder I
      2. Angry Arms I, Extra Action Boost III
      3. Supreme Cleave III
    Occult Slayer (4 AP)
    • Weapon Bond
      1. Extend Rage III
    Vanguard (15 AP)
    • To the Fore!
      1. Shield Specialization, Shield Smash III
      2. Stunning Shield III, Missile Shield I
      3. Follow Up III, Fatal Bulwark
    Kensei (4 AP)
    • Kensei Focus: Axes
      1. Haste Boost III
    Warpriest (4 AP)
    • Smite Foe
      1. Divine Might III

Quote Originally Posted by eachna_gislin View Post
    I have a halfling acrobat with a splash of monk. I've been running with another halfling whose been flinging shuriken and it sure looks fun. After questioning, I determined the shuricannon is more dependant on feats than the acrobat. My Big F'n stick acrobat has both the full cleave line & the full whirlwind attack line of feats, so she's clearly wasting a few. I started to think...what if I played a shuricannon that could use a staff, instead of a staff user who only uses a shuriken to trip levers?

Acrobats are great, but they suck at range (and in outfits are a little squishy up close). There are times when being able to control range would be VERY useful.
    This may be one of the few instances where it might pay to go DEX-based on a staff build, because it would also boost your extra shuriken proc chance via Shuriken Expertise. Plus depending on how high up the ranged feats you want to climb, you need base DEX 19 for IPS and DEX 21 for Combat Archery (weak on shuriken builds, but after you take Overwhelming Crit, not much else helps your ranged DPS).

Feats become an issue, since if you're trying to max out your melee & ranged DPS, you want a ton of feats for both. Normally I would suggest a pally splash for Div Grace, Div Might, and access to Emp Heal; but in this case ftr may be better. Do you have Harper?

This might be spreading itself too thin, but let's see what we can come up with...
    Code:
    Shuristick
    13/6/1 Rogue/Monk/Fighter
    Lawful Neutral Halfling

Level Order

1. Rogue. . . . . .6. Rogue . . . . .11. Monk . . . . . 16. Rogue
    2. Rogue. . . . . .7. Rogue . . . . .12. Monk . . . . . 17. Rogue
    3. Monk . . . . . .8. Rogue . . . . .13. Monk . . . . . 18. Rogue
    4. Rogue. . . . . .9. Rogue . . . . .14. Monk . . . . . 19. Fighter
    5. Rogue. . . . . 10. Rogue . . . . .15. Monk . . . . . 20. Rogue

Stats
    . . . . . . . .34pt. . .36pt . . Tome. . .Level Up
    . . . . . . . .----. . .---- . . ----. . .--------
    Strength. . . . 12 . . . 12. . . .+5 . . . 4: DEX
    Dexterity . . . 19 . . . 19. . . .+5 . . . 8: DEX
    Constitution. . 14 . . . 14. . . .+5 . . .12: DEX
    Intelligence. . 13 . . . 13. . . .+5 . . .16: DEX
    Wisdom. . . . . 12 . . . 14. . . .+5 . . .20: DEX
    Charisma. . . . .8 . . . .8. . . .+5 . . .24: DEX
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 28: DEX

Feats

.1. . . . : Least Dragonmark: Healing
    .3. . . . : Shuriken Expertise
    .3 Monk . : Precision
    .6. . . . : Quick Draw
    .9. . . . : Point Blank Shot
    11 Monk . : Two Handed Fighting
    12. . . . : Improved Critical: Bludgeoning
    12 Monk . : Path of Harmonious Balance
    15. . . . : Precise Shot
    15 Monk . : Ten Thousand Stars
    16 Rogue. : Defensive Roll
    18. . . . : Improved Precise Shot
    19 Fighter: Improved Two Handed Fighting
    20 Rogue. : Opportunist
    21 Epic . : Greater Two Handed Fighting
    24 Epic . : Overwhelming Critical
    26 Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting
    27 Epic . : Improved Sneak Attack (or Master of Forms)
    28 Destiny: Perfect Two Handed Fighting

Enhancements (80 AP)

Halfling (12 AP)

• Halfling Luck
      1. Jorasco Dragonmark Focus III, Cunning I
      2. Lesser Dragonmark of Healing, Break out the Leeches, Halfling Guile
      3. Greater Dragonmark of Healing
    Thief-Acrobat (32 AP)
    • Staff Control, Stick Fighting, Tumbler, Kip Up
      1. Acrobat Staff Training, Thief Acrobatics III
      2. Acrobat Staff Training, Quick Strike III
      3. Acrobat Staff Training, Shadow Dodge III
      4. Acrobat Staff Training, Improved Defensive Roll III, No Mercy III
      5. Staff Specialization
    Ninja Spy (11 AP)
    • Basic Ninja Training, Advanced Ninja Training, Shadow Veil
      1. Stealthy III, Sneak Attack Training
      2. Subtlety I, Fists of Iron
    Shintao (1 AP)
    • Bastion of Purity
    Harper Agent (14 AP)
    • Agent of Good I
      1. Harper Enchantment, Traveler's Toughness II
      2. Versatile Adept III, Know the Angles III
      3. Versatile Adept III
    Kensei (10 AP)
    • Kensei Focus: Martial Arts
      1. Extra Action Boost III, Haste Boost III
    Normally I'd go for PA/CL/GC on a staff build, but like I said, feats are at a premium. This build relies on atk speed, doublestrike, sneak atks, and glancing blows to make up for the lack of Cleaves. And the 35% Fortification bypass from Precision+Opportunist will certainly be welcome vs high-Fort targets.

The +5 STR tome is necessary to meet feat pre-reqs for ITHF & GTHF; the other tomes aren't. Rog 13 / ftr 1 vs rog 12 / ftr 2 basically boils down to Opportunist vs an extra ftr feat (e.g., IC:Thrown).

EDIT: TBH I think you would be better off dropping halfling DM and relying on ED healing abilities, since w/out Emp Heal it's of limited use anyway. That would let you rearrange the ranged feats and can squeeze in IC:Thrown at lvl 15. But you specified it as a build requirement, so I included it; maybe it's something to drop when you ER.
    Last edited by unbongwah; 03-30-2015 at 11:34 AM.

Default Melee Acrobat for a returning player

Hi. Stopped playing around U11 and I'm returning now. Used to be VIP, so I'm Premium now. I LR'd some of my old characters, thanks to the awesome free Lesser Heart of Wood, so they playable... However, I'm struggling with a Halfling Rogue 7/Monk 1 (with level 9 xp already) that used to be a mechanic. I don't want to make it a mechanic anymore since I already have a ranged artificer, so I decided to make it an acrobat. And that's where my problems begin. After hours and hours of reading (and so many open tabs that I'm already lost) your Shuristick is the closest of what I want, but I'd like it pure melee, so I tried to put it together and ended up with it:

Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.23.01
    DDO Character Planner Home Page

Acrobat 
    Level 28 Lawful Good Halfling Male
    (1 Fighter \ 6 Monk \ 13 Rogue \ 8 Epic) 
    Hit Points: 312
    Spell Points: 0 
    BAB: 14\14\19\24
    Fortitude: 15
    Reflex: 23
    Will: 12

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (32 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 28)
    Strength             13                    13
    Dexterity            18                    26
    Constitution         14                    14
    Intelligence         12                    12
    Wisdom               12                    12
    Charisma              8                     8

Level 1 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Least Dragonmark of Healing

Level 2 (Rogue)

Level 3 (Monk)
    Feat: (Selected) Cleave
    Feat: (Monk Bonus) Power Attack

Level 4 (Rogue)
    Ability Raise: DEX

Level 5 (Rogue)

Level 6 (Monk)
    Feat: (Monk Bonus) Dodge
    Feat: (Selected) Great Cleave

Level 7 (Rogue)

Level 8 (Rogue)

Level 9 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Mobility
    Enhancement: Halfling - Halfling Luck (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Halfling - Dexterity (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Halfling - Jorasco Dragonmark Focus (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Halfling - Jorasco Dragonmark Focus (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Halfling - Jorasco Dragonmark Focus (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Halfling - Lesser Dragonmark of Healing (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Halfling - Break Out The Leeches (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Halfling - Greater Dragonmark of Healing (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Staff Control (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Stick Fighting (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Tumbler (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Staff Training (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Thief Acrobatics (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Thief Acrobatics (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Thief Acrobatics (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Quick Strike (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Quick Strike (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Shadow Dodge (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Shadow Dodge (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Shadow Dodge (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Ninja Spy (Mnk) - Ninja Training (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Ninja Spy (Mnk) - Sneak Attack Training (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Ninja Spy (Mnk) - Acrobatic (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Ninja Spy (Mnk) - Acrobatic (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Ninja Spy (Mnk) - Fists of Iron (Rank 1)

Level 10 (Monk)
    Feat: (Monk Path) Path of Harmonious Balance: Fists of Light

Level 11 (Rogue)

Level 12 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Bludgeoning Weapons

Level 13 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Rogue Bonus) Defensive Roll

Level 14 (Rogue)

Level 15 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Spring Attack

Level 16 (Monk)

Level 17 (Monk)

Level 18 (Monk)
    Feat: (Selected) Master of Forms
    Feat: (Monk Bonus) Precision

Level 19 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Weapon Focus: Bludgeoning Weapons

Level 20 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Rogue Bonus) Opportunist
    Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Kip Up (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Sly Flourish (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Sly Flourish (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Sly Flourish (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Subtlety (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Subtlety (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Subtlety (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Quick Strike (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Sweeping Strikes (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Sweeping Strikes (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Sweeping Strikes (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Improved Defensive Roll (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Improved Defensive Roll (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Improved Defensive Roll (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - No Mercy (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - No Mercy (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - No Mercy (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Staff Specialization (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Ninja Spy (Mnk) - Ninja Training (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Ninja Spy (Mnk) - Shadow Veil (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Shintao (Mnk) - Bastion of Purity (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Kensei (Ftr) - Kensei Focus: Martial Arts (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Kensei (Ftr) - Extra Action Boost (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Kensei (Ftr) - Extra Action Boost (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Kensei (Ftr) - Extra Action Boost (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Kensei (Ftr) - Haste Boost (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Kensei (Ftr) - Haste Boost (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Kensei (Ftr) - Haste Boost (Rank 3)

Level 21 (Epic)
    Feat: (Selected) Epic: Improved Sneak Attack

Level 22 (Epic)

Level 23 (Epic)

Level 24 (Epic)
    Feat: (Selected) Epic: Overwhelming Critical

Level 25 (Epic)

Level 26 (Epic)
    Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting

Level 27 (Epic)
    Feat: (Selected) Grandmaster of Forms

Level 28 (Epic)
    Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Perfect Two Handed Fighting
    I mostly solo, but I'm looking for a guild, so I can party sometimes.

I don't have Harper Agent. Put the harper points at Ninja Spy's Sneak Attack and Acrobat's Sly Flourish, Subtlety and Sweeping Strikes (wondering if sweeping strikes is good in this build... Probably not)

I have every class except for druid, but I kept your fighter splash because of Kensai's cheaper Haste Boost, although I have no idea what to take with the bonus feat (the weapon focus is just a filler).

As a 32 point build, I have to choose between str 15/wis 8 or str 13/wis 12... Went for the second one and dropped the THF chain in favor of the Spring Attack chain.

Used no tomes, but I can take a +2 from the cake djinn. If going for THF I would have to get the str one. If not, I can take the int for skill points or none at all and just save it...

I have no clue about epic, so I copied some random builds (and yours).

Nothing here is carved in stone, as I have the +20 Heart, so I can change everything, but it would be nice to have Monk 3 at 10 or earlier.

(Off topic: which planner do you use? I liked that layout and the one that I use (the rjcyberware one) looks a little outdated - doesn't have harper agent, for example)

As of Monday & U25, I believe the Thief-Acrobat Haste Boost also drops to 1 AP per rank. You might still want the Fighter level for the feat & extra Action Boost.

I think Spring Attack is not particularly useful. I would suggest fitting in the THF feats instead of the Dodge line, but if you aren't enamored of investing into STR or are hooked on the Dodge line then maybe try Grandmaster of Forms instead of Spring Attack? Master of Forms is the "required" feat for good performance but Grandmaster is nice if you can fit it in. The only time I would ever take Spring Attack is to go for Whirlwind Attack on an unarmed monk build since the 4[W] attack is coded as 4 separate 1[W] attacks just for handwraps, so procs can trigger up to 4 times, but that doesn't help a staff build and you don't take it anyway.

The alternate/new builder can be found here. The one you are using has been going through a major overhaul, which is probably why some of the more recent game changes are not in it.
    Sarlona resident (PureMouse, PlushMouse, [& other little mice], Cryosite)
    Former lurker/resident of Argonessen (Shyelle, Cheyelle, Moonsparkle)

"The first thing you need to do when considering a halfling thrower build, is learn how to bend halflings correctly so that they return." - amnota/Trelaf of Thelanis

How about a 12 monk/6 ranger/2 rogue...that tries to get as much SA it can from stunning fist? More strength/wisdom based with points hopefully up to 4th tier harper in melee power while still able to pull off rogue skills.
    Last edited by Enderoc; 04-03-2015 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JackTekila View Post
    After hours and hours of reading (and so many open tabs that I'm already lost) your Shuristick is the closest of what I want, but I'd like it pure melee, so I tried to put it together and ended up with it:
    The reason I went DEX-based on Shuristick was to max out proc chances from Shuriken Expertise; I also presumed the requester had taken the STR tome necessary to qualify for THF feats. But if you ditch the ranged DPS to go pure melee, there's much less incentive for going DEX-based, especially if you can't take the THF feats; you give up too much melee DPS (glancing blows and +10 Melee Power) with not a lot to show for it. Because of the stat pre-reqs involved, if it comes down to THF feats (STR 17) vs Imp Sneak Atk (DEX 21), then I think the THF chain wins.

Apart from monk 6-based staff builds, also have a look at Zeus; BF, obv, but it could be adapted to DMed halfling as well. I would use rog 13 / pal 4 / monk 3 split instead of the original 12/6/2, but the core concept still works, IMHO. Downsides of dropping from monk 6 to 3: losing Shadow Veil and two feats. But pal 4 provides defensive stance, Div Might, and access to Emp Heal; you could also use Exalted Cleave instead of taking the Cleave feats, which saves a couple of feats.

Let's take a poke at a first-life halfling variant on Zeus:
    Code:
    Jorasco Staffmaster
    13/4/3 Rogue/Paladin/Monk
    Lawful Good Halfling

Level Order

1. Rogue. . . . . .6. Monk. . . . . .11. Rogue. . . . . 16. Paladin
    2. Rogue. . . . . .7. Rogue . . . . .12. Rogue. . . . . 17. Paladin
    3. Monk . . . . . .8. Rogue . . . . .13. Rogue. . . . . 18. Paladin
    4. Rogue. . . . . .9. Rogue . . . . .14. Rogue. . . . . 19. Rogue
    5. Rogue. . . . . 10. Monk. . . . . .15. Paladin. . . . 20. Rogue

Stats
    . . . . . . . .32pt. . .Tome . . Level Up
    . . . . . . . .----. . .---- . . --------
    Strength. . . . 14 . . . +2. . . .4: STR
    Dexterity . . . 16 . . . +5. . . .8: STR
    Constitution. . 14 . . . +2. . . 12: STR
    Intelligence. . .8 . . . +2. . . 16: STR
    Wisdom. . . . . .8 . . . +2. . . 20: STR
    Charisma. . . . 16 . . . +2. . . 24: STR
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .28: STR

Feats

.1. . . . : Least Dragonmark: Healing
    .3. . . . : Cleave
    .3 Monk . : Power Attack
    .6. . . . : Adept of Forms
    .6 Monk . : Two Handed Fighting
    .9. . . . : Improved Two Handed Fighting
    10 Monk . : Path of Harmonious Balance
    12. . . . : Improved Critical: Bludgeoning
    13 Rogue. : Defensive Roll
    15. . . . : Greater Two Handed Fighting
    15 Deity. : Follower of: Sovereign Host
    18. . . . : Empower Healing Spell
    20 Rogue. : Opportunist
    21 Epic . : Master of Forms
    24 Epic . : Overwhelming Critical
    26 Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting
    27 Epic . : Improved Sneak Attack
    28 Destiny: Perfect Two Handed Fighting

Enhancements (80 AP)

Halfling (12 AP)

• Halfling Luck
      1. Jorasco Dragonmark Focus III, Cunning I
      2. Lesser Dragonmark of Healing, Break out the Leeches, Halfling Guile
      3. Greater Dragonmark of Healing
    Thief-Acrobat (32 AP)
    • Staff Control, Stick Fighting, Tumbler, Kip Up
      1. Acrobat Staff Training, Thief Acrobatics III, Sly Flourish III
      2. Quick Strike III, Haste Boost III
      3. <none>
      4. Improved Defensive Roll III, No Mercy III
      5. Staff Specialization
    Knight of the Chalice (22 AP)
    • Slayer of Evil, Courage of Heaven
      1. Extra Turning II, Extra Smite II
      2. Divine Might III, Exalted Cleave III
      3. Divine Sacrifice I, Vigor of Life, Exalted Smite I
      4. Empowered Smite
    Sacred Defender (6 AP)
    • Holy Bastion, Sacred Defense
      1. Item Defense I, Durable Defense III
    Henshin Mystic (7 AP)
    • Riddle of Fire
      1. Henshin Staff Training, Way of the: Patient Tortoise
      2. Fists of Iron
    Shintao (1 AP)
    • Bastion of Purity
    Destiny (24 AP) Legendary Dreadnought
    1. Extra Action Boost III, Strength
    2. Momentum Swing III, Imp. Power Attack, Strength
    3. Lay Waste, Critical Damage III
    4. Lightning Mace
    5. Advancing Blows, Devastating Critical
    6. Master's Blitz
    I'll probably want to tweak the Acrobat enhs when U25 rolls out next week, but I don't see anything which changes the fundamentals of this build. The +5 DEX tome is for Imp Sneak Atk pre-req; w/out it you can take Epic Reflexes instead at lvl 27. I used a +2 Supreme tome, but the only other stat pre-req is needing +1 STR tome before lvl 9 to take ITHF; otherwise your STR is too low and you'll need to rearrange things. Cleave feat is just to unlock Momentum Swing, as you'll switch to Exalted Cleave once you have it; once you have MS you can swap Cleave for something else (maybe Stunning Blow if you think you can get your DCs high enough).

Page 133 of 231 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183 ... LastLast