Page 100 of 231 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 4618
    Community Member

Default Drow?

May I have a drow build? I'm F2P (so not much plat) and after unlocking the race, I'm interested in trying it out. But I can't build to save my life (which is why I'm requesting one). Please preferably something that can be reasonably self-sufficient (self healing is nice). Thanks!

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BusyProcrastinating View Post
    May I have a drow build? I'm F2P (so not much plat) and after unlocking the race, I'm interested in trying it out. But I can't build to save my life (which is why I'm requesting one). Please preferably something that can be reasonably self-sufficient (self healing is nice). Thanks!
    Drow work fine with most builds, but presuming you want something which takes advantage of drow bonuses, I'd go with either a Pale Master (possibly w/side of Enchantment), TWF pally or maybe cleric or bard. Honestly, there are so many possibilities for "kills stuff & self-heals," it would help if you narrowed the field.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Default Broke my character

Hey all,

I broke my Cleric while using the LR+20 stone. I wanted to try the avenging angel build, but found at level 4 that I couldn't pick up all 3 classes due to the LR limit on multiclassing. So I ended with a gimpy Clr16/Mnk2/Pala2 with weird stats. I still have my old LR0 stone lying around, so I was wondering what would be a good way to fix me up. I'm open for basically any decent build.

TL;DR:
    28point human clr16/mnk2/pal2 with LR+0 ready to go.

Thanks in advance for the help!

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Congrats on 100 Pages of Awesome!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by papapeperoni View Post
    28point human clr16/mnk2/pal2 with LR+0 ready to go.
    With that split, I might do some sort of STR-based battlecleric; you should have good saves thanks to Divine Grace, good STR thanks to Divine Might, fair number of feats to play with. Warpriest might offer some perks, too, when it comes out. Do you remember what order you leveled in? And have you taken any tomes, have any gear you wish to exploit, etc.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    With that split, I might do some sort of STR-based battlecleric; you should have good saves thanks to Divine Grace, good STR thanks to Divine Might, fair number of feats to play with. Warpriest might offer some perks, too, when it comes out. Do you remember what order you leveled in? And have you taken any tomes, have any gear you wish to exploit, etc.
    Yeah Warpriest looks cool, any ETA on that?

I leveled 2 pala->2 monk -> rest cleric.
    I have a +2 tome on everything 'cept Int.
    Not really have any noteworthy gear, just T1 GS goggles. I'd mainly just like to do some melee-ish thing with BB thrown in or something, but if that's not feasible I'm definitely willing to switch up playstyles.
    Also have 2 points in Unyielding Sentinel.
    As an aside, what would be smart to fix should I GR for 32pt?

Thanks a lot for the help!

Unfortunately this means you can't take any metamagics until lvl 6. That's gonna limit some of your build options.
    As an aside, what would be smart to fix should I GR for 32pt?
    Depends on where you wanted to take this build. Those 4 extra build pts will really help if you decide to go, say, unarmed clonk w/TWF feats. OTOH, U19 changes to skills means you want Heal + Spellcraft and probably Concentration, so a bit more INT definitely helps.

Community Member

Default Ultimate Soloist?

I've been playing DDO for a little over two months now. I have put money into the game, bought for instance a +5 supreme stats tome, and am VIP. I still consider myself a newb, given the sheer quantity of content in the game. Most of the higher end gear people talk about, most quests, are still completely new to me.

My first character was a dual axe wielding dwarf. 6 ranger/14 fighter that put out extremely respectable damage, but absolutely needed at a minimum a healbot hireling for no trap quests, or a party. I brought that character to L20, then TRed into what is now a L20, shield carrying pure fighter kensei/stalwart that does almost as much damage as my first toon but also has much better defenses, allowing him to serve very effectively as the party tank. Despite carrying a shield, I usually have the highest kill count in PUGs. I am staying this time with epic long enough to gain a few levels in epic destinies so I can twist a few for my next life. (I recently learned that it is in fact a soon to be plugged bug exploit, but I intend to solo for most of my next life and won't be hurting anyone.)

Here I get to the point of my post. My biggest holdup in the game is my ignorance of most quests. I have no idea as to the content of most of them, reading the wiki takes forever and still doesn't really alleviate my ignorance. I am frequently waiting around for a PUG to open up so I can tag along, unwilling to start a PUG for a quest I do not know. I want to be able to solo quests at my level, so I can explore them and learn them at my leisure. If I am in a group, even a group with just one sympathetic guild member there to help me learn, I feel pressured to not waste their time and won't for instance, take the time to read the quest dialogues, peruse the map, etc..

I am looking for the best soloist character that a relative newbie can use in quests of which they are completely ignorant. That means most emphatically, the ability to spot and neutralize traps. (Yes, a warforged sorcerer might make for a supreme soloist, but only if you have all the quests memorized.) However playing a classic rogue is seriously sub-optimal as boss fights would probably be every bit as intimidating as traps are to me currently. I would prefer a character that is not afraid to melee but is also able to engage at range for both pulling and disposing of out of reach archers. It would seem to me that EllisDee's Tempest Trapmonkey for new players would be near ideal for my purposes.

However, it occurs to me that the emphases in that build is on true soloability, including heals, which is not entirely necessary for soloing, as having a hireling cleric around for heals is actually better (you can fight while 'they' heal you, and they can be very useful for pulling levers and the like). While there is nothing wrong per-say with having self healing as an option (for when wanting to join a pug with a BYOH exclusion), for the purposes of solo exploring all the quests, there might be a better option. Might you know of a better option?
    Last edited by Panpiper; 09-21-2013 at 01:09 PM.

Wiz 18 / rog 2 is still a pretty strong solo combo: rog splash provides Evasion & trap skills, wiz provides...well, everything else. Ellis has a Pale Trapper build; it's easily respecced for Warforged if you have them.

Community Member

Default Re: Drow

Drow work fine with most builds, but presuming you want something which takes advantage of drow bonuses, I'd go with either a Pale Master (possibly w/side of Enchantment), TWF pally or maybe cleric or bard. Honestly, there are so many possibilities for "kills stuff & self-heals," it would help if you narrowed the field.
    Thanks for the advice. I'd like something preferably able to cast a clw at the very least or an equivalent (being able to use a heal scroll would be nice, but not necessary). I'm fine with melee or ranged, but I prefer ranged. Would like to be able to disable traps, if possible (but not necessary, I'm willing to time traps). How would a TWF drow pally be built?

I have a +2 tome on everything 'cept Int.
    Here's a first attempt at a STR-based BC:
    Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 03.16.01
    DDO Character Planner Home Page

Level 25 Lawful Good Human Male
    (2 Paladin \ 2 Monk \ 16 Cleric \ 5 Epic) 
    Hit Points: 336
    Spell Points: 1205 
    BAB: 15\15\20\25\25
    Fortitude: 23
    Reflex: 12
    Will: 17

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (28 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 25)
    Strength             16                    24
    Dexterity             8                    10
    Constitution         14                    16
    Intelligence         14                    14
    Wisdom                8                    10
    Charisma             14                    16

Tomes Used
    +1 Tome of Strength used at level 3
    +1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 3
    +1 Tome of Constitution used at level 3
    +1 Tome of Wisdom used at level 3
    +1 Tome of Charisma used at level 3
    +2 Tome of Strength used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Constitution used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Charisma used at level 7

Base Skills         Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 1)            (Level 25)
    Balance              -1                    19
    Bluff                 2                     8
    Concentration         6                    31
    Disable Device        n/a                   n/a
    Haggle                2                     8
    Heal                  3                    28
    Hide                 -1                     5
    Intimidate            2                     8
    Jump                  3                    12
    Listen               -1                     5
    Move Silently        -1                     5
    Open Lock            n/a                    n/a
    Perform               n/a                   n/a
    Repair                2                     7
    Search                2                     7
    Spellcraft             4                    31
    Spot                  1                     8
    Swim                  3                    12
    Tumble               n/a                    6
    Use Magic Device      4                    19

Level 1 (Paladin)
    Skill: Concentration (+4)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+2)
    Skill: Heal (+4)
    Skill: Spot (+2)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+2)
    Feat: (Selected) Least Dragonmark of Passage
    Feat: (Human Bonus) Stunning Blow

Level 2 (Paladin)
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)

Level 3 (Monk)
    Skill: Balance (+6)
    Skill: Tumble (+1)
    Feat: (Selected) Cleave
    Feat: (Monk Bonus) Power Attack

Level 4 (Monk)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Skill: Balance (+1)
    Skill: Concentration (+2)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+1)
    Skill: Spot (+1)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    Feat: (Monk Bonus) Toughness

Level 5 (Cleric)
    Skill: Heal (+3)

Level 6 (Cleric)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+3)
    Feat: (Selected) Great Cleave

Level 7 (Cleric)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+3)

Level 8 (Cleric)

Level 9 (Cleric)
    Feat: (Selected) Empower Healing Spell

Level 10 (Cleric)

Level 11 (Cleric)

Level 12 (Cleric)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons

Level 13 (Cleric)

Level 14 (Cleric)

Level 15 (Cleric)
    Feat: (Selected) Quicken Spell

Level 16 (Cleric)

Level 17 (Cleric)

Level 18 (Cleric)
    Feat: (Selected) Maximize Spell

Level 19 (Cleric)

Level 20 (Cleric)

Level 21 (Cleric)
    Feat: (Selected) Overwhelming Critical

Level 22 (Cleric)

Level 23 (Cleric)

Level 24 (Cleric)
    Feat: (Selected) Empower Spell

Level 25 (Cleric)
    Builder hasn't been updated for U19 yet: I used Diplomacy as a placeholder for Spellcraft (since both are class skills for clerics); then just did a search-n-replace. Since you're LRing a lvl 20 build, I'm presuming you already have at least WIS +8 gear, otherwise I wouldn't dump WIS like that. [If you don't, then some Commendation farming so you can pick up the Cleric or Villagers WIS gear might be in order.]

Typical melee BC: buff up, swing your weapon of choice, spells are mostly for heals & light-based DPS. Kiting thru Blade Barriers is still an option, though DCs will be lousy. I'd make Radiant Servant your primary PrE - bursts, auras, etc. - but enough pts into Divine Disciple to pick up Nimbus / Searing Light SLAs. The only must-have from Protector (soon-to-be Warpriest) is Divine Might.

The first few feats are kinda iffy; apart from Power Atk & Cleave, there's nothing you really need. I would've preferred more metamagics, but not an option here. Thought about the full THF chain, but that would mean losing a couple of metamagics.

Anyway, have a look and tell me what you think. If you want WIS-based instead, that gets a bit trickier, but can be done; just not sure your DCs will be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by BusyProcrastinating View Post
    I'd like something preferably able to cast a clw at the very least or an equivalent (being able to use a heal scroll would be nice, but not necessary). I'm fine with melee or ranged, but I prefer ranged. Would like to be able to disable traps, if possible (but not necessary, I'm willing to time traps).
    A rogue-splashed ranger or bard can do what you want. Rgrs get a bunch of melee & ranged feats for free, making them pretty versatile in combat; bards get better buffs and higher-level Cure spells. [Pure bards can take the Spellsinger capstone which grants Heal as a lvl 6 spell, but then you can't do traps.]

I've been toying with ideas for rog / rgr / bards who try to have it all: Evasion, trap skills, TWF and archery, plus all the bard goodies. Haven't quite come up with anything I like yet, though; seems like I always have to give up more than I would like.

At the other end of the spectrum, a drow Pale Trapper (wiz 18 / rog 2) is also a solid choice; see EllisDee's thread linked a few posts up.
    How would a TWF drow pally be built?
    Pure pally builds haven't changed much - the first 12 lvls are straight-forward:
    Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 03.16.01
    DDO Character Planner Home Page

Level 12 Lawful Good Drow Female
    (12 Paladin) 
    Hit Points: 152
    Spell Points: 140 
    BAB: 12\12\17\22
    Fortitude: 13
    Reflex: 11
    Will: 7

Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (28 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 12)
    Strength             16                    19
    Dexterity            16                    17
    Constitution         12                    12
    Intelligence         10                    10
    Wisdom                8                     8
    Charisma             16                    16

Level 1 (Paladin)
    Feat: (Selected) Two Weapon Fighting

Level 2 (Paladin)

Level 3 (Paladin)
    Feat: (Selected) Power Attack

Level 4 (Paladin)

Level 5 (Paladin)

Level 6 (Paladin)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Two Weapon Fighting

Level 7 (Paladin)

Level 8 (Paladin)

Level 9 (Paladin)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Piercing Weapons

Level 10 (Paladin)

Level 11 (Paladin)

Level 12 (Paladin)
    Feat: (Selected) Greater Two Weapon Fighting
    At that point, you have 5 feats to go (2 heroic + 3 epic) and need to decide what your focus is:
    • Melee DPS: pick up Cleave / Great Cleave / Overwhelming Crit
    • Self-healing: Quicken+Max and/or Emp Heal; works best if you have some SP-regen-on-hit gear so you don't run out of SPs
    • Survivability: Toughness and Dodge (which opens drow Dodge enhs)
    • Tanking: Shield Mastery & Imp SM for the PRR & doublestrike bonuses; the idea being to TWF for DPS, rapier+shield for tanking. If you have the INT for it, maybe take Combat Expertise as well for the extra PRR from Imp CE
    • Ranged DPS: just enough feats to take Point Blank Shot+Rapid Shot+WF:Ranged+Bow STR+Manyshot. Although if this interests you, I would strongly recommend at least a rgr 2 splash for the 3 free feats; then you only need PBS+MS.

Also, it's not really a self-sufficient build, but have a look at my Faithsworn Hunter for another take on a TWF+Manyshot build; there's a drow version in the 2nd post.

Default Cuisinart Build Request

I'm looking to do a build that attacks as fast as possible, dmg/hit isn't a major concern.

I want to finish a fight and watch #s scroll for minutes, purely for the amusement factor.

I'd "prefer" to do handwraps, but it's not a requirement. (I was looking at a 20 ranger / GMoF as one option, but I read several Tempest options don't work with unarmed?)

I have one Monk PL and working on a Rog PL for this guy, looking for a 3rd-life build, all races/classes available.
    Last edited by Dielzen; 09-22-2013 at 08:35 PM.
    Playing (and dying) since Open Beta...

Quote Originally Posted by Beddgelert View Post
    I'm new to the multiclass side of DDO and am interested in building a Favored Soul trapper-- solo ready but good for group support at high levels. Sadly, I don't have the depth of experience I see in this forum, and know the experience here could provide a build that would provide a mix of healing and buffs, good fighting skill, and trapping that will come in handy during raids and epic quests.

I have access to 32-point builds and vet level 7. Can any experienced players help with a build?

Thanks!
    18fvs/2arti works well, especially if you grind over to Shiradi.
    Playing (and dying) since Open Beta...

Community Member

Thanks a lot! Gonna give this a try, looks good to me. I still need to get the +8 item, but I'll farm that out then. Thanks again, excited to play my cleric again

Here's a first attempt at a STR-based BC:

SNIP

Builder hasn't been updated for U19 yet: I used Diplomacy as a placeholder for Spellcraft (since both are class skills for clerics); then just did a search-n-replace. Since you're LRing a lvl 20 build, I'm presuming you already have at least WIS +8 gear, otherwise I wouldn't dump WIS like that. [If you don't, then some Commendation farming so you can pick up the Cleric or Villagers WIS gear might be in order.]

Typical melee BC: buff up, swing your weapon of choice, spells are mostly for heals & light-based DPS. Kiting thru Blade Barriers is still an option, though DCs will be lousy. I'd make Radiant Servant your primary PrE - bursts, auras, etc. - but enough pts into Divine Disciple to pick up Nimbus / Searing Light SLAs. The only must-have from Protector (soon-to-be Warpriest) is Divine Might.

The first few feats are kinda iffy; apart from Power Atk & Cleave, there's nothing you really need. I would've preferred more metamagics, but not an option here. Thought about the full THF chain, but that would mean losing a couple of metamagics.

Anyway, have a look and tell me what you think. If you want WIS-based instead, that gets a bit trickier, but can be done; just not sure your DCs will be worth it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dielzen View Post
    I'm looking to do a build that attacks as fast as possible, dmg/hit isn't a major concern.

I want to finish a fight and watch #s scroll for minutes, purely for the amusement factor.

I'd "prefer" to do handwraps, but it's not a requirement. (I was looking at a 20 ranger / GMoF as one option, but I read several Tempest options don't work with unarmed?)

I have one Monk PL and working on a Rog PL for this guy, looking for a 3rd-life build, all races/classes available.
    Ok so Handwraps is a must I believe as is 3 Druid for Fatal Harrier.

Maybe a windstanced 15monk for QP, 3 Druid for Fatal Harrier and two fighter for Kensai Tactics and 30% haste boost, some points spent in wisdom to hit vorpal fists.

I have this very same split as a Warforged that runs in earthstance, I imagine as something like a halfling it's attack speed would look awesome.
    Toons:
    Smallmans Syndrome, Rovac, Dragnipur, Prettyhater Machine, Lubed, Castinfist
    Emmpeethree, Hyperkill Hyperthrill and Greyvegas (All on Khyber)

Community Member

Thumbs up

Thanks a lot! Gonna give this a try, looks good to me. I still need to get the +8 item, but I'll farm that out then. Thanks again, excited to play my cleric again
    So, new patch is out, does the warpriest change anything about the build? And how should my enhancements look now?

Also, any useful items for me in the Mabar event? and other (easily acquired) gear in general for that matter?

Thanks again for the help!

So, new patch is out, does the warpriest change anything about the build? And how should my enhancements look now?
    Dunno yet; I've only read this thread. You'll definitely want max Divine Might and maybe Wall of Steel if you want some PRR, but beyond that? Your guess is as good as mine.
    Also, any useful items for me in the Mabar event? and other (easily acquired) gear in general for that matter?
    Cloak of Night is great for almost any character, presuming you don't have anything else in your cloak slot.

If you don't have any epic weapons yet and can run Cannith challenges, the eEGF is a good one to start with; upgrade it to tier 3 and you can slot it with Good for DR-breaking, since it's also Metalline. eAG is better still: higher base dmg, force burst instead of fire, can still be slotted w/Good. Drow Gaxe w/Stunning +10 (if you take S.Blow) would also be nice; in which case I would also want an Exceptional Combat Mastery item, like Spare Hand. [Unless you have Sun Soul belt; curses, why is gear always such a PITA to balance?!] Axes are pretty good for Legendary Dreadnought (Headman's Chop+Master's Blitz). You'll also want a Seeker+Manslayer item, like the drow goggles.

This is by no means a complete or even optimal gear set; just trying to point out some (relatively) easy-to-acquire things to get you started.

Community Member

looking for 6/6/6 fighter/monk/ranger khopesh user is grandmaster of rocks/shadow fade/multishot human with stunning blow. got some past lives: mnk, pal, fighter etc..

looking towards cleave/greater cleave spammer with decent strenght and damage avoidance (rock form/dodge/AC/shadow fade)

2 extra lvls don't really count.. it will probably be fighter for feats/past life

any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by enearh View Post
    looking for 6/6/6 fighter/monk/ranger khopesh user is grandmaster of rocks/shadow fade/multishot human with stunning blow. got some past lives: mnk, pal, fighter etc..
    First off, GM Earth stance doesn't add much over Master, which is what provides +1 crit multiplier; a little more PRR & threat, that's it. So Master of Forms is good enough.

Second, you didn't mention what weapons you planned to use, but I'm inferring you want a centered TWF Kensei like all the cool kids have. But that req's ftr 8 for Gtr Weapon Focus, which complicates your build / levelingorder; this combo doesn't hit its full potential until lvl 20, which makes it less than ideal for TR purposes.

Page 100 of 231 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast