Page 96 of 231 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 4618
    Community Member

I'm wondering how feasible it would be to make a half-elf fighter/AA with 18 fighter levels instead of the standard 12ftr/6ranger/2whatever split.

The extra 1 to crit range range from Kensai3 seems like it would add a fair bit of damage of the lower split versions and the 3 extra fighter feats would make up for the ranger bow feats for sure. Or maybe just take 2 ranger as the off class?

Strength based for sure and thinking maybe use a 2hander without all of the 2H feats for time between Manyshots.

Can this work? Is it possible to specialize in both longbow and whatever 2hander?

Thanks!

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emerge2012 View Post
    I'm wondering how feasible it would be to make a half-elf fighter/AA with 18 fighter levels instead of the standard 12ftr/6ranger/2whatever split.
    It's an old thread, but there are a few Kensei III AA builds in this thread. But "monkchers" have stolen the thunder from most AA builds, IMHO, at least if you want to be a full-time archer.
    The extra 1 to crit range range from Kensai3 seems like it would add a fair bit of damage of the lower split versions and the 3 extra fighter feats would make up for the ranger bow feats for sure. Or maybe just take 2 ranger as the off class?
    Two of the three extra feats from ftr lvls 13-18 have to go to Kensei III pre-reqs (GWF&SWF), so you're really only gaining 1 feat. Also bear in mind you either need to be able to cast spells or have the sorc PL feat to be an AA; a first-life ftr 18 / rgr 2 isn't sufficient.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Old but not dead! Thank you.

I've been browsing the forums a bit looking at the different archer builds to see what was what. I liked some of the Many Shot/!0k Stars builds but wasn't really looking forward to handwraps for melee. But then again I would rather play an archer as mostly an archer. Eh, typical DDO decisions.

Also I'm first life sorc at the moment farming gear for the future so the PL feat won't be a problem.

Old but not dead! Thank you.

I've been browsing the forums a bit looking at the different archer builds to see what was what. I liked some of the Many Shot/!0k Stars builds but wasn't really looking forward to handwraps for melee. But then again I would rather play an archer as mostly an archer. Eh, typical DDO decisions.

Also I'm first life sorc at the moment farming gear for the future so the PL feat won't be a problem.
    As you pointed out, with manyshot, you will have 80 seconds of ranged damage boosting in a time window of 120 seconds. The main reason to melee is to generate Ki, and even that is at level 20+ not an issue - there's Enlightenment.

If you don't want to use handwraps, you're going to lose some damage, but probably will still be fine if you swap to Quarterstaffs.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

There are some monkcher builds geared towards using archery all the time; the main challenge with them is ki generation to power 10K Stars. Or just use a staff if you prefer; DPS won't be as good, but if you're only hitting things to generate some ki, does it really matter? See wowo's monkcher thread for several examples.
    One recent-ish change is it's now possible to get SPs from items w/out spellcasting; so I believe it is possible to do AAs w/out a caster splash if they have sorc PL feat (e.g., pure ftr AA). I've never TRed a sorc to find out, though, so caveat emptor.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Eternally Mediocre Girl Maelodic's Avatar

Unbongwah, you should take over this thread. Seriously, you're such a great help. I wish I could rep you more.

Anyway, request:

Perimeters:
    -At least 10% base increase in movespeed.
    -TWF
    Weapon Choices: Khopesh/Longsword/Scimmy/Short Sword (when viable)/ or but preferably not Rapier (This does not include unarmed, I want to hold something)
    -At least +15% Attack speed, either by permahaste, monk stances, or something else
    -Some form of self healing good enough for soloing.
    -Elf or Halfling
    -Some ranged capability- Bows or ranged SLAs.
    -Painfully good evasion and/or traps.
    -Outfits (preferred), light armor if this isn't possible.
    -Fantastic self buffs. Super utility and damage/tanky based.
    -Some way to deal with a lot of mobs quicker. Some kind of aoe, be it damage or sleet storm or thorn growth or cleave/great cleave.
    -+2 Tomes are Fine, +3 tomes only when they need to be used in epic levels.
    And the kicker:
    -Unfrickenstoppable. Huge amount of saves, and able to take a ton of punishment. Basically immune to crowd control. Freedom of Movement helps.

I am not opposed to anything unorthodox or subpar.

Idea:
    Earth Stance Tempest WSS - 12 Monk/6 Ranger/2 Fighter - Oathblades/Cleave/GC/Overwhelming Critical (4x Crit)

I can't think of anything better.
    For priority:
    Traps>Reliable Evasion (But both would rock)
    Saves=Tanky=Self Healing (all balance to make a character tanky)
    Melee ability>Ranged ability
    Zippy (Atk/movespeed)>Heavy hitting
    Heavy Hitting=Tanking (Both end up with your HP about the same)
    Fantastic Self Buffs>AoE Ability
    Halfling>Elf (but not by much)
    Last edited by TehBeWop; 03-11-2013 at 01:03 PM.
    ~Sarlona~
    Maelodic - Soundblaster| | Kinsys - Cookie Cutter Monk

Quote Originally Posted by TehBeWop View Post
    Unbongwah, you should take over this thread. Seriously, you're such a great help. I wish I could rep you more.
    LOL thanks but I'm reluctant to usurp sigtrent's thread. I'd start my own, except then I'd feel guilty whenever I ignored requests or couldn't come up with a good idea.

Case in point: your request has me stumped! My first thought was a barb-splashed bard for the runspeed, buffage, and heals; but that has no ranged DPS and the saves aren't remarkable. I'm still not a fan of WSS builds- I'd rather do Ninja w/short swords to save the feats - but that complicates your desire for buffs & ranged DPS. So I'm leaning rgr / monk, but I think I prefer something like rgr 12 / monk 6 / pally 2: Tempest II / Ninja I, pally splash is to boost saves further. I'm not sure this has enough self-healing, though, so I thought about adding the halfling DMs; but then things get pretty tight as far as feats go. I could swap pal 2 for ftr 2 for ease up the feats, but then I lose out on saves. Very tricky to balance...

Eternally Mediocre Girl Maelodic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    LOL thanks but I'm reluctant to usurp sigtrent's thread. I'd start my own, except then I'd feel guilty whenever I ignored requests or couldn't come up with a good idea.

Case in point: your request has me stumped! My first thought was a barb-splashed bard for the runspeed, buffage, and heals; but that has no ranged DPS and the saves aren't remarkable. I'm still not a fan of WSS builds- I'd rather do Ninja w/short swords to save the feats - but that complicates your desire for buffs & ranged DPS. So I'm leaning rgr / monk, but I think I prefer something like rgr 12 / monk 6 / pally 2: Tempest II / Ninja I, pally splash is to boost saves further. I'm not sure this has enough self-healing, though, so I thought about adding the halfling DMs; but then things get pretty tight as far as feats go. I could swap pal 2 for ftr 2 for ease up the feats, but then I lose out on saves. Very tricky to balance...
    I've been trying to find it as well. I guess the compromise would have to be in the weapons I use.

Shuriken Ranged+Shuriken Expertise+10k Stars+Higher Dex/Wis+The new shurikens (especially snow star) is apparently very viable as a ranged options. You can also twist whirling wrists for 60% attack speed with this and just be flying those things everywhere..
    I can go unarmed if required, I am also warming up to more races, so we'll see. It's just that the running animations are so derpy on other races. It's probably better at higher level, but I haven't gotten anything that isn't a halfling past level 9.
    Drow and at least 6 Monk basically covers the whole ranged thing, but taking an extra feat to be a halfling or elf isn't out of the question.

Feel free to PM me and I can send you everything I've been able to accumulate.

I was given a 18/2 Monk/Fighter Light based weaponized/ranged/unarmed monk by Arlathen after I posted this. I'm concerned about the tankyness of it, because my current monk (Original Halfling 28 Pt Rockan Robin) is pretty tanky, but since the whole PRR thing started, he's been getting hit for a heck of a lot more, with not a lot of healing options.
    Last edited by TehBeWop; 03-14-2013 at 06:35 PM.
    ~Sarlona~
    Maelodic - Soundblaster| | Kinsys - Cookie Cutter Monk

Community Member

Default Torc of Prince Raiyum-de II

I am planning on taking a character through to become a Completionist. One item I would really love to pick up and have had no luck with is the Torc of Prince Raiyum-de II from Zawabi's Revenge to help out leveling up all spell casting classes.

What I am looking for is the best build possible to specifically be able to solo Zawabi's Revenge. Yes I know it can be done with a variety of classes, but I just wanted some educated opinions on if you had any build to solo this adventure with which one would you use?

I am a VIP player and this character has prior lives as a monk and wizard. Since I do missions 100% solo I have no access to raid gear or most epic gear.

Thank you for any information you can provide

What I am looking for is the best build possible to specifically be able to solo Zawabi's Revenge. Yes I know it can be done with a variety of classes, but I just wanted some educated opinions on if you had any build to solo this adventure with which one would you use?
    Cleric or Favored Soul. Run the snakey witch ragged around blade barriers with a triple stack of divine punishment while self healing any damage that gets through.

But honestly, solo is not the ideal method for this. Unless you are also anticipating soloing through 20 (or 40, or 60...or 80) completions for the end list.
    Kobold sentient jewel still hate you.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    But honestly, solo is not the ideal method for this. Unless you are also anticipating soloing through 20 (or 40, or 60...or 80) completions for the end list.
    Yeah, I realize solo is going to take a lot of time, that is why I want a build that can make the runs as most likely to succeed as possible.

Default Dazed and Confused Uber Solo Master

I left DDO for a while. When I came back I found the build I was using wasn't as good as it used to be. I have been searching the forums to find a like minded, but modernized build to TR into in hopes of resolving the problems I now face.

My current build is a TRed Elf 18rgr/2rog/3epic 34pt build with 38dex/26str. I have 2x Drow Longswords of the Weapon Master, maneater goggles, a nightmare cloak from Mabar and a Minos Legend. I do have a LIT longsword and a MIN helm that isn't finished as well. The rest of my equipment is just random stat or clicky buff based.

I used to be VIP, but I am now f2p.
    I have all adventure packs except the most recent one.
    I have +3 tomes for all stats.
    I do not have the Half-Elf, Half-Orc or Warforged races.
    I do not have Articifer, Favored Soul or Monk classes.
    I am certain my equipment is a mess and does little or nothing to aid my ability.
    I have never played an Articifer, a Barbarian, a Favored Soul, a Monk, a Paladin or a Wizard.

Right now my DPS is mediocre at best. I can disable some of the epic traps (epic hard VON for instance). My ability to self heal is really rotten. I feel I should have been able to solo quests four to five levels above my own level. Unfortunately, in its current state I am lucky if I survive quests that are two levels lower than I am.

I would like to TR into a 36pt build with the best possible DPS, the ability to disable traps and to be as self sufficient as possible. However, with all of the changes that have occurred I am lost.

I am willing to purchase some upgrades or change races/classes if absolutely necessary. I am also willing to grind for new equipment. The fewer buttons I need to use during melee the better.

Please help me create the Uber Soloist I so desire so I can get back on the right track.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TehBeWop View Post

Anyway, request:

Perimeters:
    -At least 10% base increase in movespeed.
    -TWF
    Weapon Choices: Khopesh/Longsword/Scimmy/Short Sword (when viable)/ or but preferably not Rapier (This does not include unarmed, I want to hold something)
    -At least +15% Attack speed, either by permahaste, monk stances, or something else
    -Some form of self healing good enough for soloing.
    -Elf or Halfling
    -Some ranged capability- Bows or ranged SLAs.
    -Painfully good evasion and/or traps.
    -Outfits (preferred), light armor if this isn't possible.
    -Fantastic self buffs. Super utility and damage/tanky based.
    -Some way to deal with a lot of mobs quicker. Some kind of aoe, be it damage or sleet storm or thorn growth or cleave/great cleave.
    -+2 Tomes are Fine, +3 tomes only when they need to be used in epic levels.
    And the kicker:
    -Unfrickenstoppable. Huge amount of saves, and able to take a ton of punishment. Basically immune to crowd control. Freedom of Movement helps.

I am not opposed to anything unorthodox or subpar.

Idea:
    Earth Stance Tempest WSS - 12 Monk/6 Ranger/2 Fighter - Oathblades/Cleave/GC/Overwhelming Critical (4x Crit)

I can't think of anything better.
    For priority:
    Traps>Reliable Evasion (But both would rock)
    Saves=Tanky=Self Healing (all balance to make a character tanky)
    Melee ability>Ranged ability
    Zippy (Atk/movespeed)>Heavy hitting
    Heavy Hitting=Tanking (Both end up with your HP about the same)
    Fantastic Self Buffs>AoE Ability
    Halfling>Elf (but not by much)
    A tough order to fill...
    What about 14 Paladin/ 6 Monk KotC II/ Ninja I
    TWF Short sword wielding halfling

Great saves
    Self healing through wands/ lay on hands
    Plenty of useful buffs
    Ranged ability limited to using 10k stars and shurikens unfortunately
    10% base movement speed
    Only 10% melee attack speed in monk wind stance 2, but you get zeal which is 10% more doublestrike chance.

Or perhaps 3 Monk/ 2 Fighter/ 15 Paladin Elf using WSS. You can drop dodge and get the monk healing strike for some more self healing. Level 15 paladin gets you a few nice goodies as well. Divine might III, another spell, another smite...

The other idea I had was pretty much like yours, combining ranger and monk. Six monk is probably what you want here for wind stance 2, and tempest 1 is what you need for that extra 5% speed boost. You could do what unbongwah suggested 12 rgr/ 6 mnk/ 2 pal or ftr. Or if you want to exchange trapping abilities and more sneak attack damage for buffs, you can do something like 6 rgr/ 7 rog/ 7 mnk, which gets you traps, umd, and wholeness of body.

Proud member of the Extreme Explorers permadeath guild on Sarlona.

Community Member

Hello,
    All the links are broken with the update. (in all the forum)
    p.d. and all my bookmarks
    Last edited by Mflores; 04-29-2013 at 05:17 PM. Reason: p.d.

15. 05-02-2013, 04:11 PM

Community Member

Default Help with bastrd sword dual wield

I'm not really good at figuring out what lvls to take what class.. I'd like to make TWF that uses bastard swords..I'm guessing Horc for strength but where I'm stuck is ranger/fighter or just fighter?. I have 32 point builds and all races and classes. If someone could help I'd appreciate it greatly. I'm sure it won't be a perfect build. But I'm. More into flavor. I don't have to do epics bit would like to play him to 20. If he can do more than just fight ( self heal traps ect.) that would be great..

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mflores View Post
    Hello,
    All the links are broken with the update. (in all the forum)
    p.d. and all my bookmarks
    Yeah, I noticed....aggravation levels are rising.. sigh. and here I was looking up a ranger solo build, or well, trying too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceyra View Post
    Yeah, I noticed....aggravation levels are rising.. sigh. and here I was looking up a ranger solo build, or well, trying too.
    It's highly frustrating. I had many of these builds bookmarked because I have characters part way through them. -_-

Community Member

Default 32 pure paly

im looking for a 32 point 1st life half elf pure twf paly.... looking for max soloable max dps.. as its my first paly ever.... tried to research before i posted but i cant get old links to work

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PookaWitch View Post
    It's highly frustrating. I had many of these builds bookmarked because I have characters part way through them. -_-
    I have found some of my bookmarks... but there a lot of post that I dont know what happened with them..
    One of my favourites was a compilation "50+ Solo builds".. something like that.. If someone knows where can I find that...

Community Member

Default High Survival DPS Monk Build

Hello all, i am looking to build my 2nd life monk over 34point build... currently he is a max str, high wis then dex build... i through out alot of high numbers pretty good crits and crit damage but if something hits me im dead... i tend to pull out more damage then most but what i would like to do is a build where i can actually survive but with minimal loss to my damage.. i have always played light monk,, tried dark monk once seems like its a whole lotta debuffing making enemy take more magic damage. i like raw damage myself.. i do have 34 point build and +3 stat tome across the board.. thank you guys much appreciated...

PS.. not too much abbreviations plz as there are so many in this game and ill get lost lol thanks again

Page 96 of 231 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast