Page 95 of 231 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 4618

I Would like to request a throwing weapon focused build, i assume shuriken monk would be the best, but whatever can generate the most throwing weapon DPS. I know this will be far from optimal, but can be an itneresting experiment and possibly fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I'm on it. Nerfing the new thing asap.
    Also, nerfing the old thing too, for balance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    nnnnnnnmn....Pie is greater than Cake....nnnnnnnnn
    ^^^^didn't need to hypnotize me to make me say that :P ^^^^^^

Community Member CombatLibrarian's Avatar

I'd like to request a build for a friend of mine getting into the game.

They want to play the following:

Paladin (Or mostly-paladin with splash).
    They own 32 point builds.
    They want to focus on tanking their way to 20+.

This will obviously be a first-life build, so it may or may not work in epic raids and all that, but that's a long way off for now. I just don't know DDO paladin well enough to put something together for them. I'll be rolling with them and making whatever would best support their build for duo play, probably some sort of trapper.

I need a 32 pt wiz wf archmage build for maximum control/spell penetration with the new content please.

Community Member

Alright, I have a curious request. So this will be for permadeath play: a halfling archer with some support healing (bow wielding, not crossbows).

I would also like to make use of the adamantine companion and the halfling hero companion enhancements, as well as have some spells to buff, or other summon spells even.

Play style will be pure ranged, with a buffed-up grease-spewing companion to trip up pursuers while i get out of sticky melee situations. I play in groups mostly, so I think I can get away with being primarily ranged. Will be a lot of hanging back and frantic running and jumping to get away when things get tight xD

Class-wise I am easy, whatever mix you think can make this work. I have everything but artificer and druid.

Lightbulb (something witty that hasnt been said before)

hello*sigtrent. I looked through the builds you had*posted already, and couldn't find a 12 ftr / 6 rgr / 2 rog dwarf d-axe dual wielder. The closest I found was mr. Versatility (ok, I didnt look that hard) I was hoping you could direct me to a build or make me one? This char would be 36-pt with +2 tomes in all stat but cha and str (str has a +1).
    key abilities wanted:
    -moderate to high rogue skills
    -kensai II
    -tempest I
    -GTWF
    -dodge/mobility/spring attack (would be nice)
    -(optional) UMD heal scrolls
    -dwarf
    -lawful good (I'm thinking e templar's d-axes)
    -at least 500 hp
    Festivult meets the Ice Games
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    Dear Very Concerned Customer,
    Buy a rez cake.

Community Member

Default Build request

Thank you for a Build-request thread - it is really great! I'm a newbie to ddo and also a roleplaying person, and I'm in need of a build for half-elf. I'd like it to be a great fighter(DPS) with descent rogue skills and memories from far past(don't know what dilettante feat to be better to take). If you'll have time to help me - will be very much obliged. I can afford myself +Tomes, but don't think to buy any p2p classes now.
    Last edited by Tak-hi-sis; 07-25-2012 at 02:55 PM.

Community Member

Default 8th Life Artificer

I'm ready to do an artificer life on my hobby toon, but this time I'm completely stuck; nothing I roll up seems worthwile. I'd love some builds or ideas to help me make this life work.

Playstyle & Toon Info:
    This is a flavor/hobby toon and will not be doing epic content as I will TR it again shortly after capping. For this toon, I prefer to pick intresting twists then min/max each twist (ie if going evoker, pick one element and stick with it rather than going for every element and using the remaining AP on something else.) I can usually solo/duo most game content, but I am very social and group for fun most of the time (don't need to rely on pugs to pick me up.) I'm equally comfortable in BYOH TR ZERG NO DEATH lfm's and leading noob friendly quests/raids.

I have all game content. I have or can get pretty much whatever gear (incl a bank full of rune arms.) I don't need epic gear for this one as I will be TRing it at cap. I have +3 tomes (not the store ones :P) Past lives: Cleric, Bard, Paladin, Fighter, Wizard, Sorcerer, Barbarian.

Making the build fun for me (crazy for others):

I hate WF. It must be fleshie but not dwarf as I hate them more than WF.

Southrn may only build pure classes until she reaches completionist then she can multi for additonal pastlives/endlife. So.. it must be arti only this go-round.

I do not enjoy ranged weapons, although I love casting. Cleric/sorcerer are my favorite classes. So...no crossbows, etc. Yes...I know this messes up the dps and a good player can make ranged uber, blah...blah..blah, but I don't enjoy playing ranged.

I want to get all heroic traps/locks that matter (who cares about cabal for one?)

I would like to have adaquate self healing and would do party heals (thrown pots) on a need/FUBAR basis.

UMD is awsome; scrolls are my friend. I like mastery, but wand DC's are unnecessary AP.

I want to be able to do enough damage (melee or casting) to solo (hirelings are fine) some of the time.

Nuking, buffing, healing are fun, but wacking on things with a stick (falcion, etc.) is boring but sometimes necessary.

I played around with the following, but they are not necessary to the build:
    Dragonmark of Making, construct essence, acitve past lives for sorc & barb

Goal Summary: A fleshie, non-ranged pure artificer who can trap/unlock, buff, get some heals, use many scrolls, and either cast or melee enough damage to be worthwile. Its a fun flavor build that I'll enjoy while grinding out an artificer past life with the added perk of making people look at me funny when asking my build.

I would appriciate any ideas along these lines. I'd prefer not to just grab a lit2 heavy repeater and suffer through this life.

--Mammadrow of Orien, Southrn Comfort of Orien

Default A Few Requests

1: The most un-killable halfling w/full DM's (preferably 28 pt build with alternatives to monk splashes), was thinking 18 paladin (DoS?) or maybe 12 Pal/8 Ftr (DoS/Kensai), not sure what would be the best on it... but going with full line of DM's with Empower Healing, etc, to give it a huge amount of survivability?

2: An Everquest Barbarian (race) Warrior build (Very high HP, AC, full TWF, heavy armor, able to tank), not sure how to progress here, so want to see some thoughts... barbarian was a race of really strong humans basically... so go with human?

3: I am working on a "gish" build of sorts, and would love some assistance on it... but basics are Elf 12 Wiz/6 Pal/2 Ftr so far... using full Arcane Fluidity, Arcane Casting/Seven Fingered Gloves, Greater Twilight Full Plate, and Heavy Shield (with shield master and imp shield master) + either Bastard Sword for glancing blows possibly? And this one would be a TR, so 34 pt build is being used...

(side note, just noticed my sig is WAY out of date lol)
    Last edited by -Avalon-; 09-03-2012 at 07:06 PM.

Hi there,

I would like to request 2 builds If possible:

1) a workable WSS elf build designed to maximise dual oathblades and whirlwind attack. 32-36 points is ok (currently thinking monk12/pally6/fighter2)

2) more of a theory build for the enhancement pass, a wf adamantite body wiz/elf fullplate wiz. Caster focus, s&b spec, at least 18 levels of wizard for lich form.

(human would work I you could get the ASF down, elf & wf are much better for flavor )

Cheers
    Last edited by voxson5; 09-03-2012 at 07:34 PM.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Is sigtrent still posting new builds? Haven't seen one in a long time...
    Quote Originally Posted by -Avalon- View Post
    1: The most un-killable halfling w/full DM's (preferably 28 pt build with alternatives to monk splashes), was thinking 18 paladin (DoS?) or maybe 12 Pal/8 Ftr (DoS/Kensai), not sure what would be the best on it... but going with full line of DM's with Empower Healing, etc, to give it a huge amount of survivability?
    See my Jorasco Medics. Note I haven't updated them for U14/15 yet; might want to redo feats.
    3: I am working on a "gish" build of sorts, and would love some assistance on it... but basics are Elf 12 Wiz/6 Pal/2 Ftr so far...
    Not quite what you describe, but see my Wraith Blade.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Is sigtrent still posting new builds? Haven't seen one in a long time...

See my Jorasco Medics. Note I haven't updated them for U14/15 yet; might want to redo feats.
    Yeah, something like those... I tried once, and yeah, feat starved a little, but was able to work in G.Cleave and Whirlwind even... but went S&B and had no DPS =/ Too bad character is gone now. What I was thinking with new changes, is maybe go 18 FTR/2 Pal for having the SD3 abilities... make a character that is every bit as much a tank as the rest, but have the ability to drop heals on themselves as well.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Not quite what you describe, but see my Wraith Blade.
    Major props on the Wraith Blade, I saw that a few days ago and liked it. The character I am playing now is one I started about a year ago before my PC died. Just came back, and found all sorts of changes. Because I do not have all the bells and whistles in the game, I cannot use monk, or access things like Staff of Nat Gann like some other "Wraith" builds. I have to go STR based, and pretty much forget DEX completely.

My toon is 19 currently, and I am gonna TR her, but I want to do what she is doing now, just do it better. I saw one of the mistakes I made is going as high as I did with Wizard (15), it gives parties the wrong idea right off the bat. They expect me to drop FoD's and Dancing Spheres that actually work lol. The build is not about that. Also, I took 4 levels of CLR because of the synergy, CLR gets enhancements for negative energy crit and power.

Think on new life, I would go 12 WIZ, but not sure if 6 PAL/2 FTR, 6 FTR/2 PAL, or just 8 FTR. I need the feats to balance out the combat ability, but also need what PAL brings with it. Also, if I ever do go Epic, I like the Sentinel the most, and having 6 PAL would make that OH so much easier to achieve.

A question for people who HAVE done epic though... Sentinel says it adds 1 level to each of FVS/PAL/CLR if you have them. If you have levels in both PAL and CLR, do they both get increased? And what gets increased? If it is worth it, I may go 12 WIZ/7 PAL/1 CLR, as with 5 lvls of Sentinel, would become 12 WIZ/12 PAL/6 CLR then theoretically... And that would give me access to PAL Toughness IV, the better Negative Energy bonuses of CLR as well... but don't know what all is increased with the +1 LVL from Sentinel

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by -Avalon- View Post
    Yeah, something like those... I tried once, and yeah, feat starved a little, but was able to work in G.Cleave and Whirlwind even... but went S&B and had no DPS =/ Too bad character is gone now. What I was thinking with new changes, is maybe go 18 FTR/2 Pal for having the SD3 abilities... make a character that is every bit as much a tank as the rest, but have the ability to drop heals on themselves as well.

Major props on the Wraith Blade, I saw that a few days ago and liked it. The character I am playing now is one I started about a year ago before my PC died. Just came back, and found all sorts of changes. Because I do not have all the bells and whistles in the game, I cannot use monk, or access things like Staff of Nat Gann like some other "Wraith" builds. I have to go STR based, and pretty much forget DEX completely.

My toon is 19 currently, and I am gonna TR her, but I want to do what she is doing now, just do it better. I saw one of the mistakes I made is going as high as I did with Wizard (15), it gives parties the wrong idea right off the bat. They expect me to drop FoD's and Dancing Spheres that actually work lol. The build is not about that. Also, I took 4 levels of CLR because of the synergy, CLR gets enhancements for negative energy crit and power.

Think on new life, I would go 12 WIZ, but not sure if 6 PAL/2 FTR, 6 FTR/2 PAL, or just 8 FTR. I need the feats to balance out the combat ability, but also need what PAL brings with it. Also, if I ever do go Epic, I like the Sentinel the most, and having 6 PAL would make that OH so much easier to achieve.

A question for people who HAVE done epic though... Sentinel says it adds 1 level to each of FVS/PAL/CLR if you have them. If you have levels in both PAL and CLR, do they both get increased? And what gets increased? If it is worth it, I may go 12 WIZ/7 PAL/1 CLR, as with 5 lvls of Sentinel, would become 12 WIZ/12 PAL/6 CLR then theoretically... And that would give me access to PAL Toughness IV, the better Negative Energy bonuses of CLR as well... but don't know what all is increased with the +1 LVL from Sentinel
    Epic levels don't count for that, unfortunately. What it means is for caster level. Though I believe it also counts for abilities like smite evil, lay of hands, turn undead, and other abilities that use level as a factor. It does not let you qualify for enhancements or feats.

Ok, so it only affects CL... so a 12 Pal/8 Clr, would then get spells (what about SP though?) as if they were 17 Pal/13 Clr? Seems like that might make a decent character if worked properly... I don't know, due to my long times away from game, I am far from an expert, but I tend to look for strange loopholes in every game I play or read about.

Community Member

Default Build Request: 14 Arcane Archer Ranger/6 Rogue Mechanic

I'm looking to make a build that has 14 levels of Ranger, AA spec'd and 6 levels of rogue, Rogue mechanic spec'd for the Iron Companion enhancement. My main concern with it is will I still get the full features of the Iron Companion (and its successors) like an Artificer does, or am I better of waiting until I have access to the Artificer class and then go with 14 AA Ranger and 6 Artificer?

I would also like some general advice for this build.

Community Member

Default 32 point Virt/Mech/AA

Ok, so here's the plan. Bard/Rogue, 32 point build, not sure on race, I was thinking 14 bard 6 rogue, to get virt 2 mech 1, trying for CC/Trapper. For enhancements I was going to try to get Elven AA(for ammunition)and not worry about using a repeater(I have some nice long/shortbows). I was looking at Yngwie Build on the forums and it looks nice, but I don't really know if drow can get the AA enhance, and was wondering if that build would work with a different race(Elf/Half-Elf) any tips on gear would be appreciated.

Community Member

Default A different take, and if it works, a Reincarnated toon.

Alright, So I've run a TWF Favored soul for a good while now. It isn't absolutely horrible, but I feel really bad in groups of TR's, because I just can't seem to keep up for more than a couple minutes before my abilities time out, etc. My DPS is nowhere near what I want, and I'd like to see if you could make a better one. Simply put, I ran in blinded and came out missing an arm, and wanna try again. It would be nice to see a build I could actually use for that. Thanks ahead of time, whether you do or don't build it. I did not see one in your build, and I wondered if you could build it to it's full potential. I'd like it to remain pure favored soul, however if you think a splash would be much more efficient I'd still love to see it. The current race I'm using is, Half-elf.(I know, I didn't know any better at the time and I wanted barb dilly because I didn't know FVS's could get toughness enhancements.) I'd be very excited to see your build, and again, thank you ahead of time.

Community Member

Hi everyone, I'm looking help in creating a high DPS monk/rouge build. I am just coming back from a good break and need some help planning this one out. I will probably TR my current monk build, so it could have a monk past life if that would help the build. I would prefer more monk levels than rouge, because I would not like to be labeled as a trapper and expected to take care of the traps. The trap skills are unnecessary, and can be left out entirely unless there are simply tons of extra skill points. I am not opposed to a one level splash of another class if that would help the build, but prefer mostly monk/rouge. I do not have access to the Helf or Horc races at the moment, but could be persuaded if the bonuses are truly that superior. Let me know if I have left out anything, and hanks in advance for the help!

-Terpfan

I love your builds, Sigtrent. I'm currently having a lot of fun with your Paragon Fighter starter build. I just want to say that I very much enjoy a challenge. When it comes to "being a good player," I want to be good more because of how I play rather than how my character is built. You said something similar to 'liking more moveable parts and having lots of things to click on' in your build philosophy thread. I'm more or less the same way.

Firstly I should note that I'm still on a F2P account and only have 28-point builds available to me, and the only extra race I have unlocked is Drow. So if possible, a "starter" build would be most appreciated.

I'm really craving a not-so-common ranged-focused build. I was thinking of a combination of bard/ranger/rogue, but what I want to do with it seems awfully impossible, especially for a 28-point build, but I could be wrong.

What I want this build to do/have:

-Good primary bow damage
    -Arcane Archer enhancements, with elemental imbued enhancements if at all possible
    -Good sneaking to get into better sniping positions when needed
    -Sneak Attack efficiency
    -Workable trap skills (if I have to buy separate equipment to switch on when needed, that's cool)
    -Useful bard support music
    -Bard Cure Wounds, Haste, and Blur spells.
    -High Tumble score to allow for back-flips

I think that's all I really want. Max UMD and Bluff would be nice also, but not entirely needed. Mobility would be neat to have. I like having Dragonmarks, but I don't see any that seem useful for this build, except for maybe Mark of Passage for convenience sake.

I would prefer elf or drow, but human is fine if it makes the build easier to craft.

Thank you very much in advance!

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

See the Bardcher in my sig.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Oh hey, good to see you're still around, unbongwah!

Yeah, I took a look through that thread earlier today before I posted here. It gave me the motivation I needed to want to play something like this. Alas, I had decided that the bardchers discussed in that thread were not up to par with what I had in mind, but to be fair to all those very cool builds, I was being too greedy about what I wanted.

I speak in past tense because I've pretty much given up the idea of what I wanted simply because I really don't think it's plausible. I have to compromise somewhere. I really want AA as well as the bard spells I listed. I can drop the need for a very efficient sneak attack, because that requires much too many levels of rogue.

EDIT:
    unbongwah, I think I will go with your build in post #2 (in the Attack of the Bardchers! thread).

I have a question, though: is UMD really all that important? To be perfectly honest, I hate carrying around scrolls and wands. All they do is clutter my bags because I never use them. I don't really want it, unless I'm missing another important use for UMD? If not, I'd rather spend the points towards Spot, Search and/or Tumble.

Also, in this case, would the Bard Charisma enhancements still be needed? I'm thinking I could just use +charisma gear to make up for the higher spell usage. How much does Charisma actually affect 'Perform?'

To that end, I want to replace the Wand and Scroll Mastery enhancements with Rogue Sneak Attack Accuracy I, Rogue Sneak Attack Training I, Rogue Improved Trap Sense I, Rogue Faster Sneaking I, and a couple others.

I understand how important Concentration is, but since I plan on never actually getting hit or taking aggro, do I even need it? To me it seems to be a "just in case" skill.
    Last edited by Thundaga; 02-23-2013 at 11:17 AM.

Page 95 of 231 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195 ... LastLast