Page 90 of 231 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 4618

Quote Originally Posted by Mynuvis View Post
    Greetings all,

My wife and I started playing a week ago or so and have been bouncing around trying to find classes we like. She has decided she wants to play a WF Wizard which leaves me to play the frontline character. We usually just duo due to not being able to commit to groups because we might have to leave the keyboard suddenly because of kids, pups, etc.

With all that being said, I'm thinking a fighter with rogue splash might be my best bet. I bought the 32 pt build option from the store and am now looking for a solid build that would work well as a duo with wiz to get us through the game. At this point I'm not looking for endgame uberness, just being able to get to endgame on first toons

I haven't unlocked drow yet, but do have WF if that is a good race choice (would I hurt my healing options if I went WF?)

I'm thinking TWF if its possible without an investment in tomes or equipment (again, new to DDO, no resources banked or easy obtainable). Would dwarf with 2 dwarven axes be a good choice or should I use hammers for stunning? Or is sword and board a better choice for duo (we'd be running with hirelings). Does the human extra feat pay off in the long run or ... or.... or.... yeah race overload, head spinning......

From what I've read on the forums, 2 levels of rogue should be enough to get me evasion and decent trap/lock abilities which is all I'm looking for (mainly traps to be honest, I'm tired of getting nailed every time I round a corner)

I see a lot of references to Kensai, I'm guessing thats a fighter prestige class? What are the benefits or downsides to going that route?

Thanks to those still reading this long ramble and thanks to all who can help design a build based on the above.
    As wizards can repair WFs, it would be a nice combo to play a WF Wizzie with a WF Melee. The wizard would have to take care of healing duties, then.

Rogues (and Rogue splashes) require skill points to be spent for their trap skills if you want them to work in a reliable fashion. Unfortunately, a Fighter does not have the luxory of a large number of trap skills.
    I see two options: Either roll a splashed ranger (something like the tempest trapmonkey) instead of a Fighter (less DPS, but more versatility) to go with the pure Wizard.
    Or convince your wife to play a Rogue splash herself. A 18/2 split is a decent choice for a WF wizard, which has enough int to get all the important skills. On top of this, the Reflex save can get boosted by Insightful Reflexes, making Evasion work reliably. This would allow you to make a pure WF Fighter. A good starting point would be to have a look at this thread and links contained therein: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=316998 (I'm not linking the build in the OP of that thread, but rather the answers below.)
    Last edited by karl_k0ch; 06-14-2011 at 11:42 AM.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Community Member

Thanks for the reply Karl.

The wife tried a wiz with rogue splash (to level 5 only) but didn't like it. She likes to be simple "blow things up" and not worry about too much else. Unfortunately that means I end up having cover the other bases. So until she gets more comfortable and familiar she only wants to go pure wizard (she didn't even like her sorc).

Would the ranger be able to hold up for the tanking duties? I haven't even played one so have no clue about what they are like. Less DPS should be OK with a wiz and hirelings to pickup the slack. Would I be able to hold aggro or would I have to spam intimidate constantly?

I would be able to pass down some starting gear, mainly +1 or +2 weapons (but I kept kopeshes after reading the forums) and we have about 10K total if we stripped our existing toons so not enough to buy tomes or anything good, but enough to give me a little headstart.

Would you still recommend WF for a 18 ranger/2rogue split? And does anyone have a good 32 pt build for that mix that works for a new player (bank and resource wise). Is going 2 rogue vs 1 rogue/1 fighter or barb gaining me anything or am I better adding the fighter or barb level into the mix?

Thanks again to any who reply and help me through this.

Eternally Mediocre Girl Maelodic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mynuvis View Post
    Thanks for the reply Karl.

The wife tried a wiz with rogue splash (to level 5 only) but didn't like it. She likes to be simple "blow things up" and not worry about too much else. Unfortunately that means I end up having cover the other bases. So until she gets more comfortable and familiar she only wants to go pure wizard (she didn't even like her sorc).

Would the ranger be able to hold up for the tanking duties? I haven't even played one so have no clue about what they are like. Less DPS should be OK with a wiz and hirelings to pickup the slack. Would I be able to hold aggro or would I have to spam intimidate constantly?

I would be able to pass down some starting gear, mainly +1 or +2 weapons (but I kept kopeshes after reading the forums) and we have about 10K total if we stripped our existing toons so not enough to buy tomes or anything good, but enough to give me a little headstart.

Would you still recommend WF for a 18 ranger/2rogue split? And does anyone have a good 32 pt build for that mix that works for a new player (bank and resource wise). Is going 2 rogue vs 1 rogue/1 fighter or barb gaining me anything or am I better adding the fighter or barb level into the mix?

Thanks again to any who reply and help me through this.
    You don't have to be frontline, a WF Wizard (or any wizard really) easily can solo most content as long as you play well, and if you went 18 wiz/2 rog on a WF, you two would duo quite nicely, just take turns bombing everything.

Traps aren't really that important, as a wizard you get the jump spell and also protection from elements, which means you can dodge/absorb most traps.

That being said, if you really wanted to be melee frontline anyway, a good option is a TWF Pally. You have godly saves, you get holy sword and don't have to spend whole lot on raid boss equipment because holy sword covers it. Drow is good for that, but seeing as you don't have it, a human 32 pt build works fine too. They can be quite sturdy, and having a constant healer hireling will be great.

Anyway, good luck with your wife.

Alright, I'm unlocking Monk very soon and after doing some research, I've decided I want to go light path. I have no idea how to build a Monk, which is why I'm posting here. I only have 28-point builds available and no P2P races except Drow. Other than that, the race doesn't matter. Tomes are a maybe; my main account can afford one and maybe two if I grind for money. Also, a pure Monk is highly preferred.

What I'm looking for specifically is self-healing, party buffing, CC, without giving up too much DPS. Little to no quarterstaff use; I want to be unarmed.
    Last edited by Olath_Senger; 06-20-2011 at 02:49 PM.

Community Member

Default Drow Wu Jen?

Well, I just came back to the game, got it all downloaded and I came up with an old school idea, a Drow Wu Jen (1st Ed that could heal). I am wondering if anyone could help me with this build. I primarily solo as I only get to play for about 2 hours a week due to my driving schedule, so this will be mainly a solo build I am looking for. Hoping for completely self sufficient ( will happily take on a hireling tho if need be ;p). I do not have barely anything to work with money wise in game, and have only bare minimum gear, mostly monk weapons and a couple +1 items for dex, con and wis. Well, I will check back when I can. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Community Member

Default Wanted: Dwarf Rogue Mechanic

I really want a Dwarf Rogue specializing in Mechanic/Repeaters on a 32pt build. I understand that you don't have to go Mechanic to trapmonkey and that ranged weapons aren't the best DPS, but I'd like to find out what the best this route has to offer is. I screwed up my first couple characters before I learned the value of BAB, thus whiffing constantly on red names in Elite quests. I would like this rogue to have max trapmonkey stats, the best damage/to-hit he can with repeaters, and, if there's room for it, decent UMD. I've read some things about taking the +Searching Dragonmark line to free up some feats and/or enhancements for other things. I've thrown together a build here, and I'm hella open to suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 03.09.02
    DDO Character Planner Home Page

Dwarf Rogue
    Level 20 True Neutral Dwarf Male
    (20 Rogue) 
    Hit Points: 274
    Spell Points: 0 
    BAB: 15\15\20\25\25
    Fortitude: 9
    Reflex: 16
    Will: 5

Starting            Ending          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats         Base Stats         Modified Stats
    (32 Point)       (Level 1)          (Level 20)           (Level 20)
    Strength             10                 12                   12
    Dexterity            16                 18                   19
    Constitution         14                 16                   17
    Intelligence         18                 25                   27
    Wisdom                8                  8                    8
    Charisma              6                  6                    6

Tomes Used
    +2 Tome of Strength used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Constitution used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 7

Starting            Ending          Feat/Enhancement
                     Base Skills        Base Skills        Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 1)          (Level 20)          (Level 20)
    Balance               7                 28                   35
    Bluff                -2                 -2                    1
    Concentration         2                  3                    6
    Diplomacy             2                 34                   37
    Disable Device        8                 32                   43
    Haggle                2                 22                   25
    Heal                 -1                 -1                    2
    Hide                  7                 28                   31
    Intimidate           -2                 -2                    1
    Jump                  4                 25                   28
    Listen               -1                 -1                    2
    Move Silently         7                 28                   31
    Open Lock             7                 28                   39
    Perform              n/a               n/a                    n/a
    Repair                4                  8                   15
    Search                8                 32                   45
    Spot                  3                 23                   34
    Swim                  0                  8                   11
    Tumble                7                 28                   31
    Use Magic Device      2                 22                   25

Level 1 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Toughness
    Enhancement: Rogue Skill Boost I
    Enhancement: Improved Disable Device I
    Enhancement: Improved Open Lock I
    Enhancement: Improved Spot I

Level 2 (Rogue)
    Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Accuracy I
    Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Training I
    Enhancement: Improved Search I
    Enhancement: Rogue Improved Trap Sense I

Level 3 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Point Blank Shot
    Enhancement: Dwarven Armored Agility I
    Enhancement: Dwarven Spell Defense I
    Enhancement: Rogue Sonic Trap Lore I
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness I

Level 4 (Rogue)
    Ability Raise: INT
    Enhancement: Improved Disable Device II
    Enhancement: Improved Open Lock II
    Enhancement: Improved Search II
    Enhancement: Improved Spot II

Level 5 (Rogue)
    Enhancement: Rogue Skill Boost II

Level 6 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Precise Shot
    Enhancement: Rogue Mechanic I
    Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Accuracy II

Level 7 (Rogue)
    Enhancement: Rogue Skill Boost III

Level 8 (Rogue)
    Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Training II
    Enhancement: Improved Disable Device III
    Enhancement: Improved Open Lock III
    Enhancement: Improved Spot III

Level 9 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Rapid Shot
    Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Training III
    Enhancement: Improved Search III

Level 10 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Rogue Bonus) Crippling Strike
    Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Accuracy III

Level 11 (Rogue)
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness II
    Enhancement: Rogue Improved Trap Sense II

Level 12 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Weapon Focus: Ranged Weapons
    Enhancement: Dwarven Armored Agility II
    Enhancement: Rogue Mechanic II
    Enhancement: Improved Spot IV

Level 13 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Rogue Bonus) Skill Mastery
    Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Training IV

Level 14 (Rogue)
    Enhancement: Improved Disable Device IV
    Enhancement: Improved Open Lock IV
    Enhancement: Improved Search IV

Level 15 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Toughness
    Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Accuracy IV

Level 16 (Rogue)
    Enhancement: Rogue Skill Boost IV

Level 17 (Rogue)
    Enhancement: Rogue Extra Action Boost I
    Enhancement: Dwarven Spell Defense II

Level 18 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Ranged Weapons
    Enhancement: Rogue Extra Action Boost II

Level 19 (Rogue)
    Enhancement: Dwarven Constitution I
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness III

Level 20 (Rogue)
    Enhancement: Rogue Deadly Shadow
    Enhancement: Rogue Dexterity I
    Last edited by Lojinx; 06-27-2011 at 11:52 PM.

Eternally Mediocre Girl Maelodic's Avatar

I'm looking for a build that will be able to launch aoe crowd control spells and have them plant incredibly reliably, self heal, and be able to take out the crowd he controls easily and without issue. I want to be able to walk into a crowd of enemies and dance on their heads without them even moving.

I don't know if a bard or wizard would be best at this, though I'd prefer a bard. The main focus of the build would be crowd control, then ability to take out the controlled mobs, then healing. Anything else is gravy. There's probably builds like this already, I just cannot find them.

Restrictions:
    Race has to be halfling, elf, or drow elf. Every other race is too bulky looking and I don't like it.
    28 Pt
    Cannot multiclass with fvs or monk
    Limited to +1 tomes. I do not have tons of money.
    ~Sarlona~
    Maelodic - Soundblaster| | Kinsys - Cookie Cutter Monk

Default Clouge Build

I'm looking for a good Cleric/Rouge build that is a radiant savant, a trapmonkey and a melee-capable character. I was thinking of making it level 12 Cleric/level 8 Rouge. It's primarily gonna be a rouge that can use the healing aura of a radiant savant (as well as other clerical buffs).

I'm not sure if a 28 point build can pull this off, so its gonna be a 32 point build. The only race I've unlocked is the Drow, though if one of the purchasable races is better, i might go ahead and buy them.

I've though about the stats and was thinking of having a high Dex instead of Str and use the Weapon Finesse feat. That and having a high Dex would mean better AC and reflex save.

I've been trying to create one but it always seemed lacking in one way or another, considering that none of the 6 stats can be a dump stat with this kind of build.
    The Cat's in the Cradle!

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lojinx View Post
    I really want a Dwarf Rogue specializing in Mechanic/Repeaters on a 32pt build. I understand that you don't have to go Mechanic to trapmonkey and that ranged weapons aren't the best DPS, but I'd like to find out what the best this route has to offer is.

I screwed up my first couple characters before I learned the value of BAB, thus whiffing constantly on red names in Elite quests. I would like this rogue to have max trapmonkey stats, the best damage/to-hit he can with repeaters, and, if there's room for it, decent UMD.

I've read some things about taking the +Searching Dragonmark line to free up some feats and/or enhancements for other things. I've thrown together a build here, and I'm hella open to suggestions. Thanks in advance!
    OK first I'll link you to a few places to get you answers to the most common repeater questions.

Great resource a bit long tough (Repeater rogues unite)
    Update from eladrin about bugs
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...92#post3847292
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=327892v

Also just remember to ignore the nay sayers.

Lastly these feats are 100% required on a pure rogue repeater. IC: Ranged , Point Blank Shot, Toughness, Rapid Reload,Rapid Shot,Manyshot,Precise Shot,Improved PS

For your wants I'd say that a halfling is your best bet stat wise i'd do this (on a pure rogue) assuming 32pt.

18 Dex
    12 Con
    18 Int

Note: For 28pt. drop Int to 16, drop haggle or jump than put any leftover points into strength

This will put ypur trap dcs (except spot but spot has lower DCs on average anyway) through the roof as well as your to-hit/damage (dex/int) with your repeater

Skills: Everything except Swim,Listen,Concentration, Heal, Repair and Intim (put 1 point from either haggle or jump into tumble at lvl 1 than ignore it after that)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Community Member

I was looking through forums about 6 months ago and found a Warforged Monk Build that I liked but I lost the link and was wondering if anyone here could help me find it.

I made a monk that is level 8 off this build but since i lost the link i cannot continue it until i find the build again.

The build has either 1 or 2 or 3 levels of cleric.

but currently my warforged level 8 monk has this build so far

1 cleric
    3 rogue
    4 monk

it is a 32 point build

at level 8 it has

Str 20 (+5)
    DEX 19 (+4)
    CON 17 (+3)
    INT 8 (-1)
    WIS 11 (+0)
    CHA 6 (-2)
    Hit Points 137
    Spell Points 130
    Ki 80
    AC 23 (+2)
    Fortitude +12
    Reflex + 16
    Will +9
    Base Attack Bonus +5/+6
    Spell Resistance 0
    Fortification 50%

Community Member

I'm looking for a pure monk 32 pt build. Don't have alot of money to dump into tombs. Dark preferred probably.
    I have all races, so race does not matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Xakan View Post
    I'm looking for a pure monk 32 pt build. Don't have alot of money to dump into tombs. Dark preferred probably.
    I have all races, so race does not matter.
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=210181

There ya go.

Community Member

halfling fire savant/Palemaster???

Community Member

nevermind, just halfling palemaster, or archmage? reccomendations will be acknowledged

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lojinx View Post
    I really want a Dwarf Rogue specializing in Mechanic/Repeaters on a 32pt build. I understand that you don't have to go Mechanic to trapmonkey and that ranged weapons aren't the best DPS, but I'd like to find out what the best this route has to offer is. I screwed up my first couple characters before I learned the value of BAB, thus whiffing constantly on red names in Elite quests. I would like this rogue to have max trapmonkey stats, the best damage/to-hit he can with repeaters, and, if there's room for it, decent UMD. I've read some things about taking the +Searching Dragonmark line to free up some feats and/or enhancements for other things. I've thrown together a build here, and I'm hella open to suggestions. Thanks in advance!
    The minimum for a repeater rogue is to take Mechanic I, allowing you to add your Int modifier to repeater damage, and to get the feats needed: Rapid Reload, Rapid Shot, Point Blank Shot, Imp Critical Ranged, Precise Shot, Imp Precise Shot. You will get no benefit from Manyshot or Arcane Archer because you do not use arrows, you fire bolts. That in mind, you will want House D rep to buy bolts and may want other characters active on the server to feed your repeater rogue nice ammo.

I believe Kensai II is the best way to splash a repeater rogue, as you will get a bunch of feat slots and a load of enhancements and fighter only feats that will increase your repeater crossbow damage. It also, of course, offers full BAB for the fighter levels.

However, another possibility is to splash bard, as the self buffs and self healing will serve you well if you intend to solo a lot... and it may also help when grouping because people never really know what to expect from a bard other than buffs. You could consider splashing 2 Wizard here in order to get a metamagic feat and the Intelligence I enhancement, allowing you to get your Int even after making 5 leveling increases. Alternatively you may want to splash 2 Fighter for feats or take 14 Bard for bard spells. You will do less damage than the Rogue 6-Fighter 12 version when grouped with a bard, but if that is not the majority of your playtime, it may not matter.

If you do take Rogue to 6 as I suggest, you will need to use light repeaters or purchase the heavy repeater feat.
    White Fang (newbie-friendly build) - TWF melee dps with self-sufficiency and rogue skills.
    California King - the hagglebot craftbot alt build, pure Arty leveling with two-handed weapons.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luckness View Post
    The minimum for a repeater rogue is to take Mechanic I, allowing you to add your Int modifier to repeater damage, and to get the feats needed: Rapid Reload, Rapid Shot, Point Blank Shot, Imp Critical Ranged, Precise Shot, Imp Precise Shot. You will get no benefit from Manyshot or Arcane Archer because you do not use arrows, you fire bolts. That in mind, you will want House D rep to buy bolts and may want other characters active on the server to feed your repeater rogue nice ammo.

I believe Kensai II is the best way to splash a repeater rogue, as you will get a bunch of feat slots and a load of enhancements and fighter only feats that will increase your repeater crossbow damage. It also, of course, offers full BAB for the fighter levels.

However, another possibility is to splash bard, as the self buffs and self healing will serve you well if you intend to solo a lot... and it may also help when grouping because people never really know what to expect from a bard other than buffs. You could consider splashing 2 Wizard here in order to get a metamagic feat and the Intelligence I enhancement, allowing you to get your Int even after making 5 leveling increases. Alternatively you may want to splash 2 Fighter for feats or take 14 Bard for bard spells. You will do less damage than the Rogue 6-Fighter 12 version when grouped with a bard, but if that is not the majority of your playtime, it may not matter.

If you do take Rogue to 6 as I suggest, you will need to use light repeaters or purchase the heavy repeater feat.
    My two favorite repeater rogues are either a pure rogue (the Sneak Attack capstone is wicked) or a Fighter\Rogue

Others Include:

Bard/Rogue (Less hate from party just sing for em and they'll be happy)
    Wizard/Rogue (Both use Int as main stat and dropping DOTs and your SA Repeater attacks can really put out the DPS...need quick fingers and a little luck...lower HP)

Here's my repeater rogue he's a Kensai2/Mech1/AA

Mech 1 for Int bonus to Repeater damage (and some decent SA) Kensai 2 for favored weapon repeater (since you'll be using your repeater most of the time) and power surge for bows while manyshotting than 1 wizard+elf for AA

This build will primarily use repeaters but switch to bow when manyshot is available while simultaneously activating power surge & your strongest Imbue from AA

Note: Build requires +2 Int tome before lvl 8 for skills to work and a +1 Dex tome lvl 14...both of which are easy to obtain by those levels.

Elven 12Fighter/7Rogue/1Wizard (Kensai2/AA/Mech1)

Level Order:

Rogue 1-7, Wizard 8, Fighter 9-20

Stats (assuming 32pt w/ Basic, Easy to obtain boosts):

Str 14+6(Item) +1(Tome) +3(Fighter) = 24
    Dex 18+6(Item) +2(Tome) +2(Elf) +2(Rogue) +2 = 30
    Con 12+6(Item) +2(Tome) = 20
    Int 16+6(Item) +1(Tome) +5(Lvls) = 28

Feats

With the fighter feats the regular feats and the wiz feat you end up with 15 feats.

1 PBS
    3 WF: Ranged
    6 Precise Shot
    8 Mental Toughness
    9 Rapid Shot, Manyshot
    10 Rapid Reload
    12 WS:Ranged, Bow Strength
    14 IPS
    15 IC:Ranged
    16 GWF: Ranged
    18 Quick Draw, Toughness
    20 GWS: Ranged

Note: Quickdraw. Rapid Reload & Toughness can be swapped around based on you personal preference.

Skills:
    Fighter/Wizard Levels: UMD,Disable Device, Search
    Rogue Lvls: UMD, Disable Device, Search, OL, Spot,& w/e

Note: Any leftover points from tomes/leveling put in Spot

This is how I have my hotbar set since quivers are bugged and you cant use the hotbar to swap em

Xbow - Main Bolt Stack - Secondary Bolt Stack - A few other less used xbows/bolts

Bow- Main Arrow Stack- Power Surge - Manyshot - Secondary - Imbue Arrow

Skill Prog/Enhancements

Code:
    Level 1 (Rogue)
    Skill: Balance (+4)
    Skill: Diplomacy (+4)
    Skill: Disable Device (+4)
    Skill: Haggle (+4)
    Skill: Hide (+4)
    Skill: Jump (+3)
    Skill: Move Silently (+4)
    Skill: Open Lock (+4)
    Skill: Search (+4)
    Skill: Spot (+4)
    Skill: Tumble (+1)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+4)

Level 2 (Rogue)
    Skill: Balance (+1)
    Skill: Diplomacy (+1)
    Skill: Disable Device (+1)
    Skill: Haggle (+1)
    Skill: Hide (+1)
    Skill: Jump (+1)
    Skill: Move Silently (+1)
    Skill: Open Lock (+1)
    Skill: Search (+1)
    Skill: Spot (+1)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)

Level 3 (Rogue)

Level 4 (Rogue)

Level 5 (Rogue)

Level 6 (Rogue)

Level 7 (Rogue)

Level 8 (Wizard)
    Skill: Spot (+0.5)

Level 9 (Fighter)

Level 10 (Fighter)

Level 11 (Fighter)

Level 12 (Fighter)

Level 13 (Fighter)

Level 14 (Fighter)

Level 15 (Fighter)

Level 16 (Fighter)

Level 17 (Fighter)

Level 18 (Fighter)

Level 19 (Fighter)

Level 20 (Fighter)

Enhancement: Fighter Extra Action Boost I
    Enhancement: Fighter Attack Boost I
    Enhancement: Fighter Attack Boost II
    Enhancement: Rogue Skill Boost I
    Enhancement: Rogue Skill Boost II
    Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost I
    Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost II
    Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost III
    Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost IV
    Enhancement: Elven Arcane Archer: Imbue Acid Arrows
    Enhancement: Elven Arcane Archer: Imbue Explosive Arrows
    Enhancement: Elven Arcane Archer: Imbue Force Arrows
    Enhancement: Elven Arcane Archer: Imbue Force Burst Arrows
    Enhancement: Elven Arcane Archer: Imbue Slaying Arrows
    Enhancement: Elven Arcane Archer: Imbue Terror Arrows
    Enhancement: Elven Dexterity I
    Enhancement: Elven Dexterity II
    Enhancement: Rogue Acid Trap Lore I
    Enhancement: Kensei Repeating Light Crossbow Mastery I
    Enhancement: Kensei Repeating Light Crossbow Mastery II
    Enhancement: Fighter Critical Accuracy I
    Enhancement: Fighter Critical Accuracy II
    Enhancement: Fighter Kensei I
    Enhancement: Fighter Kensei II
    Enhancement: Fighter Longbow Specialization I
    Enhancement: Fighter Repeating Light Crossbow Specialization I
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness I
    Enhancement: Elven Arcane Archer: Conjure +2 Arrows
    Enhancement: Elven Arcane Archer: Conjure +3 Arrows
    Enhancement: Elven Arcane Archer: Conjure +4 Arrows
    Enhancement: Elven Arcane Archer: Conjure +5 Arrows
    Enhancement: Elven Arcane Archer I
    Enhancement: Rogue Mechanic I
    Enhancement: Improved Disable Device I
    Enhancement: Improved Disable Device II
    Enhancement: Improved Open Lock I
    Enhancement: Improved Open Lock II
    Enhancement: Rogue Dexterity I
    Enhancement: Rogue Dexterity II
    Enhancement: Fighter Strength I
    Enhancement: Fighter Strength II
    Enhancement: Fighter Strength III
    Enhancement: Fighter Toughness I
    Enhancement: Rogue Improved Trap Sense I
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 07-26-2011 at 10:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Default Drow Wu Jen first draft

Quote Originally Posted by rakanik1 View Post
    Well, I just came back to the game, got it all downloaded and I came up with an old school idea, a Drow Wu Jen (1st Ed that could heal). I am wondering if anyone could help me with this build. I primarily solo as I only get to play for about 2 hours a week due to my driving schedule, so this will be mainly a solo build I am looking for. Hoping for completely self sufficient ( will happily take on a hireling tho if need be ;p). I do not have barely anything to work with money wise in game, and have only bare minimum gear, mostly monk weapons and a couple +1 items for dex, con and wis. Well, I will check back when I can. Thanks in advance for any and all help.
    If I remember correctly, the Wu Jen were basically elemental magic users, so pretty much any Drow Sorcerer with one of the elemental Savant paths would do you pretty well.

In keeping with the flavor of the 1st Ed. Oriental Adventures pack they came from, I was thinking that if you multiclassed Sorcerer with Monk, you could go Light Path to get some healing, along with the Shintao Pre. I would suggest Sorc 13/Monk 7, which would give you Wholeness of Body for the healing, and any of the Savant paths up to second level.

I haven't run this through the character planner, but I did try out Air Savant and Shintao on the Enhancement Planner (http://ddo.motd.ru/planner), and it looks like the enhancements are pretty easy to fit together, without much in the way of feat requirements. And with all the Monk bonus feats, you'll have an easy time of it.

The hardest part of this build is that you want high scores in Dex and Wis for the Monk AC increase, high Cha for more Sorc spell points, and at least 12 Con because you're gonna need hit points. That doesn't leave much left for Str, which you'll be using at the lower levels, until your Sorc spells get good and powerful.

I can try to run it through the character planner if you want, although I don't know much about Sorcerer spells.

Hello...
    im looking for a evasion hate/tank with decent HP-Saves and umd to scroll fire shield/cold shield...
    my goal is tank echrono easy maybe monk/pal splash or something like that.
    32 points build or maybe 34 with some epic gear.

(only looking for tank echrono and maybe tod) dont need more really.

can u help me please? waiting for reply
    Last edited by Eso; 07-28-2011 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    My two favorite repeater rogues are either a pure rogue (the Sneak Attack capstone is wicked) or a Fighter\Rogue

Others Include:

Bard/Rogue (Less hate from party just sing for em and they'll be happy)
    Wizard/Rogue (Both use Int as main stat and dropping DOTs and your SA Repeater attacks can really put out the DPS...need quick fingers and a little luck...lower HP)
    Another potential one for repeater users is to have at least 6 ranger levels & go with deepwood sniper - i've got one myself thats at level 14 (planned 6ranger/13rogue/1fighter) & the extended sneak attack range makes a noticeable difference - a rad2 repeater that'll blind enemies from range & the ability for careful placement with IPS to get full sneak attack damage on grouped enemies should make for a surprisingly effective combination. You'll also have at least i2wf for your melee option when needed & be able to keep your skillpoints topped up more efficiently allowing you to invest in other rogue skills like bluff etc.
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eso View Post
    Hello...
    im looking for a evasion hate/tank with decent HP-Saves and umd to scroll fire shield/cold shield...
    my goal is tank echrono easy maybe monk/pal splash or something like that.
    32 points build or maybe 34 with some epic gear.

(only looking for tank echrono and maybe tod) dont need more really.

can u help me please? waiting for reply
    My build-fu aint all that special but in the meantime before the zen master of builds arrives, my suggestion something like 12monk/6pally/2rogue, use earth stance3 for defensive ability & the extra crit multiplier & divine righteousness (or whatever its called) to help you generate aggro.. would likely work best with WF or half orc, maybe half elf could be an option in which case you might be able to ditch the rogue levels in favour of fighter for feats & STR enhancement then just take sorcerer dilantette for the scroll use. For the PrEs, ninja spy would likely be best for the ToD attack to generate more aggro, and the shadow fade to give more miss chance. The extra sneak attack damage could be handy if you're able to land unbalancing strike on them too.
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

Page 90 of 231 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast