Page 12 of 231 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default Build Request

Here's my build request:

A mage who can disarm traps and be super-duper stealthy---even at the top level missions.
    Warforged preferred. I'm ok taking one or two levels of rogue.

Question Need 2 builds can I get 2?

A friend and myself have these toons and started playing them together. We died, LOL. I think all the action points for each character are available. These guys started at 28. I don't have the specs on them. Just looking for a direction we could take them. I have looked at gobs and gobs of builds. But, I really don't know which ones would work best. Can you make this work?

1. Human - 4 FTR - Lawful good
    2. Drow - 2 Rog/1 FTR - True Neutral

Just looking for survival and good times. No time to join a big guild or do raids at present. Any suggestions at all would be beneficial: gear, and such.

Community Member

Default thinking of trying a new build

ok i have done all the normal ones and would like to try a new build. a twf can be any race but dorf and toaster (sorry for you fans of these) needs semi high umd (ie)raise dead scrolls, highest possable ac. the new build will use w/p in both hands,and great survability. I had thought of a Halfling 3 pally 2 ranger 11 fighter . But not sure that is the best i can do. 32 point build will have some tomes to drop on it and +6 stat items Thanks
    If it isnt fun why play?. Proud Parent of a US ARMY 82nd Airborne Infantryman

fun outside DDO 08 Road King Classic www.bacausa.com helping kids. http://www.bluestarmothers.org/ . http://www.supportourtroops.org/

Question best solo-only build

I searched the forums and couldn't find the answer. I also posted a new thread because I know how back-logged you are with requests. Regardless of what other responses I get on my own thread, I want to know what you would build:

I'm just returning to DDO, want to play solo only and do as much content as possible. I don't have the time or knowledge to put together builds myself so I am asking for your expertise! Give me what you consider the best pure-soloist build, regardless of classes or race. I want to be self-sufficient and get this character to 1750 favor so I can unlock 32pt builds for my future monk!

Thanks in advance,
    Ltldogg

This is what I would most recomend if you want to go all solo all the time...

It is one I already put together, a 28pt warforged sorcerer.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...01#post1494201

Be sure to check out the comments reguarding mobile spell casting. Some like it, some don't and suggest good alternative feats.
    Last edited by sigtrent; 03-13-2008 at 04:59 PM.
    Former Host of DDOcast
    Member of The Madborn of Thelanis
    Streaming sometimes on twitch as SigTrent

Thumbs up Wow, quick reply

Sigtrent,

Thanks for the quick turn-around and link. I am going to check it out and start tonight!

Sincerely,
    Ltldogg

I am new to DDO, I've never played PnP either so this request might be a little out there. I would like to have a charactor that can open traps/locks well, can heal himself (using wands I suspect is the cheapest way to do this) and can hold his own in a fight. I have tried a fighter (sword & board) and a ranger/fighter. I really like being able to sneak around so that is really needed. I suspect that it should be a human for the extra feat but I am open to other races. I don't have any gear or tomes or anything useful to give it either unfortunately. Any help you can provide would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

Default One more request

Hi Sigtrent,

I am playing the WF Sorcerer now. Could you also list your favorite 28pt build for solo'ing only that would include enough rogue skills to allow me to disable all traps, unlock and find hidden...if possible. I appreciate the detail.

Thanks again,
    Ltldogg

Community Member SanguineDarkness's Avatar

A Barbarian Brute I'd like to see this in a build please;
    *Any Race of your choice (including Drow)*
    *Damage dealing*
    *Good Damage-Taker, well AC/Damage Reduction if possible*
    *Can multiclass if necessary*
    *Able to kill well but not be a Mana Sponge if possible*
    *Please a good roll*
    *Anything else you can do to help me *

Default Follow up question on WF Sor

Hi Sigtrent,

I'm enjoying the WF Sor build you linked me to. I do have over 400 favor and thus unlocked the Drow. Someone else was telling me a Drow Sor would be slightly better? Do you agree with this? If so, do you have a build for this as a pure solo char?

Thanks,
    Ltldogg

Default Disregard Drow question, I have a new request

Hi Sigtrent,

I am happy with the WF Sor as is, but have a new request. I am looking for a solo rogue build. I want to be able to spot all traps and hidden areas, unlock all traps, use wands and scrolls with UMD and be a good damage dealer, whether through archery, TWF, sneak attack, etc. I am not concerned with a pure rogue build, so feel free to hybrid as you see fit. I would prefer a Drow, but would take your advice on best class. Let me know if you need more details.

Thanks,
    Ltldogg

Quote Originally Posted by Sigtrent
    Skill Monkeys

Poronico: Durable evasion rogue with stat damage
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...67#post1300967

WarrenB: 32pt human rogue dual wield traps
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...20#post1302420

Erreversible: Halfling 28pt Rogue skills and weapon finesse
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...13#post1333813

Willie: 32pt thief accrobat
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...57#post1352157

Tc12: Rogue splashing Bard
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...44#post1373244

RemoJr: 32pt solo virtuoso bard
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...95#post1383095

Cridus: 32pt dex rogue can solo Cabal Elite, duel kukri
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...26#post1387026

jules921: Support Warchanter
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...74#post1387974

Aakkara: WF rogue mix fighting and skills (dex tome) and or WF wizard tank with DR and mithral
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...60#post1494060
    Ltldogg, thats what page 1 of this thread is all about. I am confident you will find some enjoyable things in these links, but if you don't see what you want in there then I would stick with your request. G/L on the solo character, I do that a lot with any / every character I make (until I get bored or find the group I am interested in.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ltldogg View Post
    Hi Sigtrent,

I'm enjoying the WF Sor build you linked me to. I do have over 400 favor and thus unlocked the Drow. Someone else was telling me a Drow Sor would be slightly better? Do you agree with this? If so, do you have a build for this as a pure solo char?

Thanks,
    Ltldogg
    Actualy I like human sorcerers ever so slightly better than drow sorcerers, although the difference is pretty small. Drow are great if you want an armored caster as they have an enhanement line that lets you wear some light armor and drow are good with dex. Human sorcerers are a bit better for pure casting due to the extra feat, which can really come in handy. They also don't have that low constitution issue.

The "mistress mayhem" build in my list is what I think is about the best possible sorcerer (and possibly the best all around build in DDO). For solo I like the warfroged becasue they can instantly heal themselves to full at high level. This is incredibly usefull when soloing. Sorcerers can get a decen UMD to do some healing but its slow and not much good in the middle of a fight. Humans and drow are stronger casters due to the higher charisma but the self healing and WF immunities are gold when soloing.
    Former Host of DDOcast

Quote Originally Posted by Ltldogg View Post
    Hi Sigtrent,

I am happy with the WF Sor as is, but have a new request. I am looking for a solo rogue build. I want to be able to spot all traps and hidden areas, unlock all traps, use wands and scrolls with UMD and be a good damage dealer, whether through archery, TWF, sneak attack, etc. I am not concerned with a pure rogue build, so feel free to hybrid as you see fit. I would prefer a Drow, but would take your advice on best class. Let me know if you need more details.

Thanks,
    Ltldogg
    I can do a build at some point but what you probably want is a Rogue1/Ranger X where you start with one level of rogue and then mostly go ranger. (two roge levels might be good to start to get evasion early on). The thing with a solo rogue is that you don't get to use sneak attack much, so it pays to multi class into something where you can maintain your skills but has better combat options. Ranger is a nice solo combat class because you have good ranged and good melee options as well as elemental resists. Ranger and rogue work well together becasue ranger gets a lot of skill points and a few of the rogue skills are also ranger skills.
    Former Host of DDOcast

Quote Originally Posted by sigtrent View Post
    I can do a build at some point but what you probably want is a Rogue1/Ranger X where you start with one level of rogue and then mostly go ranger. (two roge levels might be good to start to get evasion early on). The thing with a solo rogue is that you don't get to use sneak attack much, so it pays to multi class into something where you can maintain your skills but has better combat options. Ranger is a nice solo combat class because you have good ranged and good melee options as well as elemental resists. Ranger and rogue work well together becasue ranger gets a lot of skill points and a few of the rogue skills are also ranger skills.
    Sigtrent,

Thanks for both replies. As for the suggested build, I am looking forward to it. I really only need the rogue to have the 4 core skills and so switching to ranger while still keeping those skills maxxed would be great. I would like to go Drow if possible, but would listen to other suggestions. UMD would be nice, but I would sacrifice. I would also prefer to avoid a caster class since I am playing the WF Sor also.

Let me know if possible and you are interested.

Thanks,
    Ltldogg

Community Member

Hello Sigtrent,

I know you like making builds for people, however i already have a build in mind, however wanted some feedback on it. Some background for me is I am a returning player and been back for a few weeks, my biggest fault is 1. making new characters almost daily trying to optimize and make the biggest baddest character ever, at least for solo/duo with my brother as well as for a great group player. Basicly I love having everything and doing it all and because of this i have rerolled about 30 bards and about 15 different warforged wizards very often with small splashes of rogue and fighter.

I have not played much mid/high level content however dont want to be anything but a powerful character in solo and group, however by that i dont mean i need to have max int from drow if i get a great benefit from healing w/ hafling dragonmarks or whatever, i dont know.

Looking at this build what do you think of it and where can it be optimized (I know my rogue skills will be below par and I wont pretend to be a rogue except in solo/normal and in hard/elite when capable)

Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 2.85
    DDO Character Planner Home Page

Level 16 Lawful Good Halfling Male
    (1 Rogue \ 15 Wizard) 
    Hit Points: 118
    Spell Points: 1003 
    BAB: 7\7\12
    Fortitude: 8
    Reflex: 11
    Will: 9

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
                     Base Stats          Modified Stats
    Abilities        (Level 1)             (Level 16)
    Strength              6                     6
    Dexterity            16                    16
    Constitution         14                    14
    Intelligence         18                    24
    Wisdom                8                     8
    Charisma              8                     8

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
                     Base Skills         Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 1)            (Level 16)
    Balance               7                     7
    Bluff                -1                    -1
    Concentration         2                    21
    Diplomacy            -1                    -1
    Disable Device        8                    21
    Haggle                3                     3
    Heal                  1                     1
    Hide                  7                     9
    Intimidate           -1                    -1
    Jump                  2                     4
    Listen               -1                     1
    Move Silently         7                     9
    Open Lock             7                    16
    Perform              n/a                   n/a
    Repair                4                     7
    Search                8                    17
    Spot                  3                     3
    Swim                 -2                    -2
    Tumble                7                     7
    Use Magic Device      3                    18

Level 1 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Least Dragonmark of Healing

Level 2 (Wizard)
    Feat: (Wizard Bonus) Maximize Spell

Level 3 (Wizard)
    Feat: (Selected) Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Repeating Heavy Crossbow

Level 4 (Wizard)

Level 5 (Wizard)

Level 6 (Wizard)
    Feat: (Wizard Bonus) Empower Spell
    Feat: (Selected) Lesser Dragonmark of Healing

Level 7 (Wizard)

Level 8 (Wizard)

Level 9 (Wizard)
    Feat: (Selected) Greater Dragonmark of Healing

Level 10 (Wizard)

Level 11 (Wizard)
    Feat: (Wizard Bonus) Extend Spell

Level 12 (Wizard)
    Feat: (Selected) Spell Penetration

Level 13 (Wizard)

Level 14 (Wizard)

Level 15 (Wizard)
    Feat: (Selected) Greater Spell Penetration

Level 16 (Wizard)
    Feat: (Wizard Bonus) Enlarge Spell
    Enhancement: Rogue Skill Boost I
    Enhancement: Extra Dragonmark I
    Enhancement: Extra Dragonmark II
    Enhancement: Extra Dragonmark III
    Enhancement: Extra Dragonmark IV
    Enhancement: Wizard Improved Empowering I
    Enhancement: Wizard Improved Enlarge I
    Enhancement: Wizard Improved Maximizing I
    Enhancement: Rogue Faster Sneaking I
    Enhancement: Wizard Lineage of Elements I
    Enhancement: Wizard Lineage of Elements II
    Enhancement: Wizard Lineage of Deadly Elements I
    Enhancement: Wizard Lineage of Deadly Elements II
    Enhancement: Wizard Elemental Manipulation I
    Enhancement: Wizard Elemental Manipulation II
    Enhancement: Wizard Elemental Manipulation III
    Enhancement: Wizard Elemental Manipulation IV
    Enhancement: Wizard Spell Penetration I
    Enhancement: Wizard Spell Penetration II
    Enhancement: Wizard Spell Penetration III
    Enhancement: Wizard Energy of the Scholar I
    Enhancement: Wizard Energy of the Scholar II
    Enhancement: Wizard Energy of the Scholar III
    Enhancement: Wizard Intelligence I
    Enhancement: Wizard Intelligence II
    Enhancement: Wizard Intelligence III

Default Halfling Wiz*/Rog1

This is certainly the flavor of the month. Don't know if it is suited to high-level play, but people are trying it. Wouldn't it be better to dump dex and raise cha for better UMD (and diplomacy when you have pets/meat shields around)?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Djeserit View Post
    This is certainly the flavor of the month. Don't know if it is suited to high-level play, but people are trying it. Wouldn't it be better to dump dex and raise cha for better UMD (and diplomacy when you have pets/meat shields around)?
    Thats why i am asking for advice for gameplay generally post lvl 5 range, is cha really needed for a wiz besides umd/diplomacy? i have never used diplomacy how well does it really work? i know when i melee a lot with melee characters I dont use skills like trip/sunder because they always seem somewhat useless (trip has advantages ofcourse, however only hits well with a strong str based char) and im not used to using those kind of skills diplomacy/intimidate/bluff. are those skills vital for good group cohesion in later gameplay?

Is the lvl of rogue foolish and a complete waste to the group who wants to be somewhat hardcore/speed runners? Is the feats in dragonmarks foolish/a complete waste when playing with any competent group? and if the answer to both those questions are yes it is a stupid choice to go dragonmark/rogue splash how large of a mistake is it when it comes to solo/group cohesion?

Community Member Buried_Treasure's Avatar

Default Three shalt be the number thou shalt count...

BLUF: Can you recommend a current build, or make a new one, that solos like a champion at level 3? An "off the boat" build as if the level cap is 3. [28 point, no tomes, no banked gear, no money for unlimited potions, etc]

Discussion: I got it into my head that I should be able to solo everything through Waterworks at level 3, because you can't advance to 4 until Marketplace. Then I wanted to solo as much of it on elite as possible, and now I'm toying with just staying in the harbour and mastering the low levels of every class. Other gamers have the high-end pretty well covered anyway.

I realize playstyle and patience will do more than an extra 3 hp, but I hope suggested feats will suggest a playstyle. I read your treatment of Sorc that included Jump, and it was a revelation. Master's Touch and buff clickies? It's like a mini-Tenser's Transformation. Or was that Mordenkainen?

I appreciate your time,

Cheers.
    I stand alone in the land of the aardvarks.
    All of the aardvarks are walking west.
    I am going east.

Default 32 pt. Wiz/Rog

Sigtrent,
    I'm really intrigued with the combo Wiz/Rog. I tried sitting down with the planner and loose patience by lvl 10 since I have to learn what each and every enhancement or feat does. I've never played a caster, but have a lvl 16 rogue (and just love her!) and an Intimitank (Which I'm also having a great time playing her). I saw your Liberator build.

Could you modify it for a 32pt build with a couple other tweaks?

I'm not sure I'm sold on the race, what are the benefits of WF? I've always chosen human, drow, or halfing. Anything else 'feels' odd, un-natural.

I see UMD as a useful skill. The ability the ability to use RR items and cleric scrolls. I could live without this skill if it creates an unbalanced character.

I'm not concerned about the uber elite traps (i.e. Cabal). If I can disable 90-95% of traps, I'll be happy.

As a caster, I see myself being mostly CC and buffs with some focus on Fire so when the party needs a WoF it does decent damage. I don't have any experience playing a Wizard so I'll have to rely on your expertice for what would be the most useful.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.
    Last edited by Davinna; 03-21-2008 at 10:50 AM.
    ~Davinna~Davinnah~Davinnity~Davnys~Davenchy~Dominn ae~

~Inferus Sus~Thelanis~

Page 12 of 231 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast