Page 86 of 231 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 4618
    Community Member

I'm looking for a build for soloing for most of the favor unlocks. F2p with Drow unlocked so far so 28pt build and no monk. Leaning towards Fighter/Rogue TWF but if there is something better I'll go for it. Also dont mind if I need to use a hireling.

Quote Originally Posted by xanderhunter View Post
    I'm looking for a build for soloing for most of the favor unlocks. F2p with Drow unlocked so far so 28pt build and no monk. Leaning towards Fighter/Rogue TWF but if there is something better I'll go for it. Also dont mind if I need to use a hireling.
    a drow meele bard warchanter or virtuoso using rapiers can do well solo
    Virt II makes elujin smile !

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by elujin View Post
    a drow meele bard warchanter or virtuoso using rapiers can do well solo
    Hmm kinda leaning away from bard because I am already playing a pure bard for healing purposes.

Would also like to add air/electrical type spells be secondary if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by xanderhunter View Post
    Hmm kinda leaning away from bard because I am already playing a pure bard for healing purposes.
    an explioter is verry effective leveling up i dislike how mine does at the cap though its no longer miss miss miss ...
    Virt II makes elujin smile !

Community Member

Default Repeater Build

I played DDO when it first came out until the Level cap was 12. One of my Favorite toons was a repeater build..8 Fighter/2 Paliden/2 Rogue. Since I have returned I find him very useless from a DPS perspective, and would like to improve him, I hit 1750 favor on him, so I won't be rerolling. I don't mind getting a heart of the wood for respec...I was reading the Level 6 Rogue prestige class adds INT to damage on repeaters, so I think this is a good place to start.

I'd like to build a Drow, 12 Fighter(Kensei 2)/6 Rogue(Mechanic 1)/2 Paladin Heavy Repeater User, That gets a high DPS for the repeater(i know this will still be low, but as long as it is ok, I will still have fun playing him).

With the Paladin Levels his saves will be High, AC should be decent, and Rogue Skills High, and UMD through the roof.

Again, I know this won't be viable to play in EPICs or even most endgame, but would like to see if it is possible for a repeater build to be any good at all.

-Peaceout

thought about redoing my aa, and it's level 8. can ya make a "caster build" ranger? i don't have any of the p2p races, but i want a ranger that can either heal effectively "healer -1-3" levels and get a hold monster off decently. DCS

Community Member

A fighter with Kensai, able to self-heal and use decent offensive spells while wearing heavy armor preferably of the elfish persuasion

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by elujin View Post
    an explioter is verry effective leveling up i dislike how mine does at the cap though its no longer miss miss miss ...
    unfortunately exploiter has monk in it so it wont work, if I had monk id be doing either Monster or 17 cleric 2 Monk 1 Rogue

Edit: Also supposedly there is a Monster build that is 6 barb 12 fighter 2 rogue if anyone could help me find it I'd appreciate it.
    Last edited by xanderhunter; 05-06-2011 at 08:02 PM.

Default something of a challenge for you

my dream build: a 2/6/12 rogue/fighter/ranger Tempest Kensei that dual weilds heavy picks and can handle at least some traps. rogue is not ABSOLUTELY necessary however, so 6 fighter/14 ranger would be acceptable as well.
    Last edited by Asmodeus451; 05-07-2011 at 03:46 AM.
    The Funniest Thing I've Ever Read
    Toons: Twengor (pal), Margween (Bard/FTR/Rogue), Nestrana (wiz), Ammerlyn (Arti), Ostarin (Monk) on Cannith

Community Member

I would like to see a Lord of Blades FvS. It seems like a pretty popular build now a days.

I have 32point build, access to tomes, and no interest in the new Prestige unless you think it really adds to the build.

Community Member

Ive posted on lifespawn's old build thread but am afraid it wont get any attention until my charachter is unfixable, i am currently building his "endless cleric FVS build" and was wondering if it was viable to date. Enjoy healing and casting Sometimes, any FVS builds i should look at? i've got every class/race/32pnt builds.. Appreciate any help.

Community Member

Default Dwarven-Dervish-Battle Cleric

Genera idea:
    TWF: Dwarven Axes with good heals and blade barrier if possible
    Thanks in advance for any and all help

Community Member

Default Haggle Arcane caster

Im new to the forums and I have a rough knowledge of the game and wondered if its possible to create an effective arcan caster (prob sorc) with a high haggle skill (between 55-65) and still not be gimped towards end game content. I would prefer not to have to rely on umd but if thats the only available option that remains effective then that will work but only as a last resort. Race is not as important to me. Primary purpose for this build would be grinding out raids for tomes and ingriedents while still being an effective part of the party/raid. I know that "player skill" always plays a factor but that aside im just looking for the build as im not worried about player skill. Ill apologize in advance if you have already covered a similar build as i have not read through all the post and didnt see one in the links.

Quote Originally Posted by boots240 View Post
    Im new to the forums and I have a rough knowledge of the game and wondered if its possible to create an effective arcan caster (prob sorc) with a high haggle skill (between 55-65) and still not be gimped towards end game content. I would prefer not to have to rely on umd but if thats the only available option that remains effective then that will work but only as a last resort. Race is not as important to me. Primary purpose for this build would be grinding out raids for tomes and ingriedents while still being an effective part of the party/raid. I know that "player skill" always plays a factor but that aside im just looking for the build as im not worried about player skill. Ill apologize in advance if you have already covered a similar build as i have not read through all the post and didnt see one in the links.
    Some basic advice: Sorc is a good class for haggle, but I wouldn't focus on it. Charisma boosts haggle, as well as UMD. If you want to be a self-healing fleshy, I would recommend going Drow. 32 pt. is good for this, so you can get past the -2 con. Charisma boosts your sp, DCs, and haggle and UMD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissyl View Post
    Because weapons are OP!
    My Builds: Tempest Kensai of Zen

Quote Originally Posted by Falith12 View Post
    I would recommend going Drow. 32 pt. is good for this, so you can get past the -2 con.
    Drow comes only in the 28pt variant, at least as a first life.
    If you want to have a 32pt Drow, you'd need to TR twice. Not sure if this is what you really had in mind.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by karl_k0ch View Post
    Drow comes only in the 28pt variant, at least as a first life.
    If you want to have a 32pt Drow, you'd need to TR twice. Not sure if this is what you really had in mind.
    I thought about a drow and i even ran one through on the character planner he ended up being alright but had to use +2 tomes as i didnt think to factor in TR i do have a few +2 tomes but not sure which ones. I alson have enough plat to buy some 2 tomes on my barb so im think that drow is the way to go. But as i stated i would like him to have a fairly decent haggle as im going to pretty much use him to farm materials and collectables and picking up all that extra armor and weapons can really add up to some serious "dough". I have looked at the haggle bard builds and to me they just dont seem to fit in well with pugs until later in end game with the raids and the like where their buffs are a valuable asset. Maybe its just me but i rarely found myself grouping with a bard at lower levels, but almost always had an arcane, which makes me think that it would be hard to pick up a group as a bard at low levels. Does any have exp. with said haggle bard that can ease my tension about playing a class i know little about and have never tried befor? I have a TR barb which lets face it is pretty hard to screw up a barb i also have a 18 fs who does ok although i havnt played that one as much. so lm looking to branch out a little and i think a haggle char is my next build
    Last edited by boots240; 05-13-2011 at 09:50 PM.

Community Member

First off, I'm barely a premier account, with a few purchased low level quests. And I have all races/classes except Half Orc, Favored Soul, and no 32 point builds.

I've been playing D&D PnP & computer games since 1984, and DDO off & on for a year and a half.

I've tried several dozen combinations of races and classes, but haven't found a combination I like, even on the forums.

As to the things I'd like in a build:
    1. Self-healing on the fly.
    --I really hate potions-never seem to have enough, or the money for them.
    --Wands are nice, but not during a battle.
    2. High DPS
    --Prefer two handed weapons. The Great Axe/Sword are my current favorites.
    3. High(ish) Hit Points
    --I've had problems with builds that had fewer than 80 hp at level 4.
    ---I sometimes lose track of hp during battles.
    4. Finding Hidden Doors!
    --To much content gets lost if you can't get past a hidden door, including shrines.
    5. Balance
    --Can't tell you how many builds I've made that suffered from low balance!
    6. Tumble
    --Can't tell you how much I love not having to use a feather fall item! (except in special cases)
    7. Soloability
    --Never have enough play time to find a party to do the quest I want to do

Things that would be nice, but not to die for:
    1. Summoned help-for emergencies
    2. Find/disable traps.
    3. Unlock doors/chests.

Notes:
    My almost level 7 Rogue wields a great axe, sneaks, finds-unlocks-disables things just fine, seldom gets knocked down, and rarely needs her feather fall clicky, but she goes through potions so fast she keeps me broke! (Her UMD only alows her to effectively use a Cure Light Wounds wand, but it takes forever to use.)

I recently built a wizard/cleric who's wizard skills are limited to finding hidden doors, knock, feather fall, summon monster 2, etc, while the cleric side is wearing full plate, wielding a great sword, and heals. Down side? Only 65 hp at level 4, and not sure how long she'll last.

I prefer the drow race, loved them since I first saw them in the "Eye of the Beholder" series, but any that works, and I have, is fine.

If you have, or know of a build that fits my needs, fantastic, I haven't been able to find/recognize one on the forums.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TrinaLeFleur View Post
    First off, I'm barely a premier account, with a few purchased low level quests. And I have all races/classes except Half Orc, Favored Soul, and no 32 point builds.

I've been playing D&D PnP & computer games since 1984, and DDO off & on for a year and a half.

I've tried several dozen combinations of races and classes, but haven't found a combination I like, even on the forums.

As to the things I'd like in a build:
    1. Self-healing on the fly.
    --I really hate potions-never seem to have enough, or the money for them.
    --Wands are nice, but not during a battle.
    2. High DPS
    --Prefer two handed weapons. The Great Axe/Sword are my current favorites.
    3. High(ish) Hit Points
    --I've had problems with builds that had fewer than 80 hp at level 4.
    ---I sometimes lose track of hp during battles.
    4. Finding Hidden Doors!
    --To much content gets lost if you can't get past a hidden door, including shrines.
    5. Balance
    --Can't tell you how many builds I've made that suffered from low balance!
    6. Tumble
    --Can't tell you how much I love not having to use a feather fall item! (except in special cases)
    7. Soloability
    --Never have enough play time to find a party to do the quest I want to do

Things that would be nice, but not to die for:
    1. Summoned help-for emergencies
    2. Find/disable traps.
    3. Unlock doors/chests.

Notes:
    My almost level 7 Rogue wields a great axe, sneaks, finds-unlocks-disables things just fine, seldom gets knocked down, and rarely needs her feather fall clicky, but she goes through potions so fast she keeps me broke! (Her UMD only alows her to effectively use a Cure Light Wounds wand, but it takes forever to use.)

I recently built a wizard/cleric who's wizard skills are limited to finding hidden doors, knock, feather fall, summon monster 2, etc, while the cleric side is wearing full plate, wielding a great sword, and heals. Down side? Only 65 hp at level 4, and not sure how long she'll last.

I prefer the drow race, loved them since I first saw them in the "Eye of the Beholder" series, but any that works, and I have, is fine.

If you have, or know of a build that fits my needs, fantastic, I haven't been able to find/recognize one on the forums.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Disclaimer: I am NOT suggesting you actually roll these builds I'm linking below I'm only using them as examples for what it takes to obtain what your asking for.

Theres very few ways to get ALL that...here's one of them Tukaw Build by Tak (16Sorcx/2Pally/2Rogue) but that build is highly reliant on player skill and access to a rich level 20 to supply you.

Another close second is a Palemaster/Ninja Spy (Monk12/Wiz7/Fighter1) although no THF weapon as you will primarily be using your fists. This again relies highly on player skill,knowledge and gear. Here's a link to the Wakut Build by me and Cyrowraith by Cryohazard

A couple notes:

Tumble =/= No feather fall required it only reduces damage for shortish falls the only thing that negates fall damage completely is Featherfall or a Lvl 20 Monks Slow Fall...put one point in tumble only.

Your Cleric/Wiz will last to MAYBE level 10 if your lucky.

The Drow race is rarely optimal especially if you have access to 32pt. builds as Drow do not have access to that...there's maybe 3 or 4 exceptions but only VERY specific ones.

Soloability is that hard to do but just know this is an MMO you wont get far if you NEVER group

For your HP woes...Con is NOT a dump stat :P as far as having low HP/forgetting about your health bar well that's something you'll have to learn to watch...as alot of classes/builds have "low" HP.
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 05-21-2011 at 06:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Community Member

Thanks for the quick reply!

The two Palemaster Monk builds are interesting...
    In yours, you list the suggested spells.
    In his he explaines what a Palemaster is.

I just purchased 32pt builds, and have a few ideas I want to toy with.

Thanks again!

Oh, and thanx for the estimate on the cleric/wizard's lifespan.
    Last edited by TrinaLeFleur; 05-22-2011 at 09:30 AM.

Page 86 of 231 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186 ... LastLast