Page 71 of 231 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 4618
    Community Member

First of all, my English is not very good. :/ So, really sorry if anything looks confuse for you guys.
    Well, im kinda new in the game. I have two characters, bard and paladin. And, the two characters failed, because wrong or outdated builds. Im kinda sad, but thats ok. So, finally i payed the vip account, and now i want to make some good monk ( one of my favorite class in the PnP )

And idk how. So, i came here to ask for some good build for a DPS monk.
    But, i want some build that make me prepared for the coming uptade 7.
    Human or Halfling, 28 pts, with the enhancements by lvl, what means everything.

Well, that's it. I hope you guys can understand somenthing.
    Thankyou!

Quote Originally Posted by CrescentCalling_5 View Post
    Yep Multiple toughness and if you want to take extend, I'd recommend pulling out one of the shield feats. The main selling point of the build is that its incredibly surviveable. Don't see why you'd want extend though tbh. Most of the paladin spells that have any use (Holy Sword, Death Ward, Stalwart Pack, restoration) either have no timers/instantaneous or have items to replace them (deathblock armor, or actually a cleric casting a better version than you can).
    Resistances, Zeal, Divine Favor, and possibly Virtue. All of those are good and they get better when they last longer.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Community Member

Exclamation new build request

I am to open a drow soon that would be my first experience in this class. After reading some forum discussions I figured out that drow is good for sorc or pally. Considering my machine is quite slow, I won't be able to do much of a caster type so I prefer to go for DPS build.
    My request would be: a build of DPS drow with high HP and AC that won't need too much of casting or other micro playstyle. Self healing is though will not be a disadvantage. I see it probably would be a pally with some kind of splash, but I will lay onto your recommendations anyway.
    Please send me a personal message after you read my request.
    Thanks!

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zhemiro View Post
    I am to open a drow soon that would be my first experience in this class. After reading some forum discussions I figured out that drow is good for sorc or pally. Considering my machine is quite slow, I won't be able to do much of a caster type so I prefer to go for DPS build.
    My request would be: a build of DPS drow with high HP and AC that won't need too much of casting or other micro playstyle. Self healing is though will not be a disadvantage. I see it probably would be a pally with some kind of splash, but I will lay onto your recommendations anyway.
    Please send me a personal message after you read my request.
    Thanks!
    High HP is difficult on a drow but definitely obtainable I'd say minimum Con would be 12 (Normally i'd say 14 but drow kills that) and for High AC it's mostly equipment based but a possible idea is to make a TWF 18Pally/2Monk so you can have a wisdom bonus to AC and Evasion....so at least 14 Wis, 16 Dex, 12 Con than the rest is personal preference.
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 10-03-2010 at 11:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    High HP is difficult on a drow but definitely obtainable I'd say minimum Con would be 12 (Normally i'd say 14 but drow kills that) and for High AC it's mostly equipment based but a possible idea is to make a TWF 18Pally/2Monk so you can have a wisdom bonus to AC and Evasion....so at least 14 Wis, 16 Dex, 12 Con than the rest is personal preference.
    Thanks a lot for advice, but I dont have the monk class opened. I would want to have the newbie version without premium classes, tomes etc.

Community Member CrescentCalling_5's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karl_k0ch View Post
    Resistances, Zeal, Divine Favor, and possibly Virtue. All of those are good and they get better when they last longer.
    Wizards can cast Mass Resistances, less sp and I think longer effect.
    Divine Favor I believe only lasts one minute, while it's a good spell I don't really like the idea of using 10 additional SP to make it last two minutes (considering how little sp paladins have).
    Zeal is one that made me think about extend tbh ^^" well played there.
    Virtue...I dunno if temporary hitpoints stack but if they don't I'd rather have the (+23) bonus from Mass Aid or the bigger one from greater heroism.
    Home Server: Cannith
    I am broccolli, and I am a vampire, 'nough said.
    I farm TP on cannith, my goal is the Vault, Vale, and Gianthold, send me a pm on the forums if you wanna join

Quote Originally Posted by Zhemiro View Post
    Thanks a lot for advice, but I dont have the monk class opened. I would want to have the newbie version without premium classes, tomes etc.
    replace the monk levels with rogue levels and only wear light armor or no armor. Set your Dex around 16, wisdom unneeded (for magic you can use a +6 item), and your con around 14. Pour the rest into strength and you'll be good.
    I farm TP on cannith, my goal is the Vault, Vale, and Gianthold, send me a pm on the forums if you wanna join

Quote Originally Posted by CrescentCalling_5 View Post
    replace the monk levels with rogue levels and only wear light armor or no armor. Set your Dex around 16, wisdom unneeded (for magic you can use a +6 item), and your con around 14. Pour the rest into strength and you'll be good.
    I second that movement.

Also, I may repeat myself, but Junt's Guide offers some sample builds:
    VII. Sample 20 TWF Drow DPS

Lawful Good Drow Paladin 20

Str: 15 + 5 level ups (+6 item, +2 tome, +3 exceptional= 30, 32 with a +3 tome)
    Dex: 16 (+1 tome qualifies for twf)
    Con: 12 (+6 item, +2 tome for 20)
    Int: 10 (2 skill points; +2 tome helps for extra)
    Wis: 8 (+2 tome and +6 item is 16)
    Cha: 17 (+3 tome for divine might 3; 26-28 charisma equipped)

Feats:

1: Toughness
    3: Two-Weapon Fighting
    6: Extend Spell
    9: Improved Two-Weapon Fighting
    12: Improved critical: Piercing weapons
    15: Greater Two-Weapon Fighting
    18: Power Attack

Skills: Balance and Use Magic Device, every level. 2 ranks in tumble to enable tumbling at lv 1 (come from balance). With +2 tome, get some jump.

Enhancements:

Knight of the Chalice 1-3 (8 ap)
    Courage of Good 1-2 (3 ap, pre-req)
    Energy of the Templar 1-2 (3 ap, pre-req)
    Divine Sacrifice 1-3 (6 ap)
    Divine Might 1-4 (10 ap)
    Extra Lay on Hands 1-3 (6 ap)
    Extra Smiting 1-4 (10 ap, pre-req)
    Exalted Smiting 1-4 (10 ap)
    Racial Toughness 1-2 (3 AP)
    Paladin Toughness 1-2 (3 ap)
    Follower of the Sovereign Host (2 ap, pre-req)
    Unyielding Sovereignty (4 ap, pre-req)
    Paladin Weapons of Good (2 ap)
    Drow weapon damage 1-2 (6 ap)
    Paladin Charisma I (if needed for even)
    2 action points of your choice
    For a more beginner friendly version, put one of the level up points into Cha and all the other in Str. This unlocks Divine Might III without needing any tome, and DM IV with a +3 one. Putting all of the level up points in Str is also fine, provided you get a +1 Cha tome for DM III and save the points of DM IV.

For a rogue splashed TWF, the guide only offers this one:

IX. Sample Human TWF/Evasion

Lawful Good Human Paladin 18 / rogue 2 (rogue levels at 1 and 10)

Str: 16 + 5 level ups (6 item, 1 human enh, 3 exceptional, 2 tome = 33, 34 with +3 tome)
    Dex: 15 + 2 tome (qualifies for twf .. if +1 tome only, reverse str/dex)
    Con: 12 (20 with tome and item)
    Int: 8 (2 skill points)
    Wis: 8 (16 with tome and item)
    Cha: 16 + 2 tome (qualifies for DM3: 26 charisma with assorted gear)

Note: to do this w/o 32 point builds, go 15 16 12 8 8 16 drow, and drop Khopesh from the feat list.

1: Toughness
    1: Two-Weapon Fighting
    3: Exotic Prof: Khopesh
    6: Extend Spell
    9: Improved TWF
    12: Improved critical: slash
    15: Greater TWF
    18: Power Attack

Level 1 rogue: 4 ranks in balance, use magic device, tumble, jump, intimidate, pick lock, Haggle, 2 other skills of your choice
    Paladin levels: 2 points in UMD
    Rogue 10: 4 pick lock, 3 wherever you like

Knight of the Chalice 1-3 (8 ap)
    Courage of Good 1-2 (3 ap, pre-req)
    Energy of the Templar 1-2 (3 ap, pre-req)
    Divine Sacrifice 1-2 (3 ap)
    Divine Might 1-3 (6 ap)
    Extra Lay on Hands 1-3 (6 ap)
    Extra Smiting 1-4 (10 ap, pre-req)
    Exalted Smiting 1-4 (10 ap)
    Racial Toughness 1-2 (3 AP)
    Paladin Toughness 1-3 (6 ap)
    Follower of the Sovereign Host (2 ap, pre-req)
    Unyielding Sovereignty (4 ap, pre-req)
    Human adaptability: Strength (2 ap)
    Human improved recovery 1-2 (6 ap)
    paladin charisma 1 (if needed to be even, 2 ap)
    Rogue Sneak Attack Training 1 (1 ap)
    Rogue Haste Boost 1 (1 ap)
    Paladin resistance of good 1 (1 ap)
    As a drow, I'd start with
    Str 16
    Dex 16
    Con 12
    Int 10
    Wis 8
    Cha 16

and drop the Khophesh feat, use Rapiers instead of Khopheshi and exchange IC: Slash by IC: Pierce.
    Last edited by karl_k0ch; 10-04-2010 at 03:55 AM.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Has anyone attempted to tackle my last request of a build that solos well but provides usefulness to a party? Would like something that has good search and rogue skills but survives well too. Good dps wouldn't hurt either.

Stipulations: 28pts, no drow yet, and preferred no tomes. Wanting something I can level up reasonably well without always having to rely on a party and must be fun to play.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Mud_Man View Post
    Has anyone attempted to tackle my last request of a build that solos well but provides usefulness to a party? Would like something that has good search and rogue skills but survives well too. Good dps wouldn't hurt either.

Stipulations: 28pts, no drow yet, and preferred no tomes. Wanting something I can level up reasonably well without always having to rely on a party and must be fun to play.
    Tihocan offers in his thread Revisiting Paths a nice amount of re-visitations of the predefined paths. The Tempest one could offer what you are seeking for: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=232660

- Good Melee and Ranged damage
    - Self-Healing via wands or spells
    - Self-Buffing (Ram's Might, Resistances, Protection, Freedom of Movement)
    - Traps, if the following modifications are made:
    Go Human. At Level 1, put 4 points in Search, Open Lock, Spot, Disable Device, UMD, Open Locks, Balance, 1 in Tumble, 3 in Jump.
    At all other level-ups, put one point in Spot and Search each, and two points in UMD and Disable Device. Let the Spot Skill absorb the ranks lost during the Fighter level. In the end you have maxed Search, UMD, Disable and nigh-maxed Spot.

For some more skill points, decrease Con to 15 or Wis to 8, increase Int to 10. This allows either Balance, Concentration or some ranks in Open Locks. Con 15 can be compensated via the Racial + Con enhancement; Wis 10 only makes it harder to cast spells if you don't have + Wis items (going from +3 to +6) handy; i.e. you might delay your spell casting abilies by roughly two levels, but that's nothing serious.

Community Member

I second that movement.

As a drow, I'd start with
    Str 16
    Dex 16
    Con 12
    Int 10
    Wis 8
    Cha 16

and drop the Khophesh feat, use Rapiers instead of Khopheshi and exchange IC: Slash by IC: Pierce.
    Which one would be better in terms of survivability \ leveling smoothness: the pure pali or the splashed one?
    I also have read that many players take combat expertise for pali. Isn't that needed in a such version?
    And what is "extend spell" needed for?

Pure offers more DPS in endgame via the capstone (and possibly divine might IV), but the splashed version trades the capstone and 8 HP for full UMD ranks and Evasion. A higher UMD allows using a greater selection of gear and Evasion helps taking no damage from several spells. Also, you get a situational 1D6 damage from sneak attack.

Combat Expertise (CE) is often taken on tank builds, which do rely on getting a high armor class (AC). Regarding tanks, Junts says:
    4: AC-based characters on DDO take 3-4 times longer to equip than pretty much anything else. Further, AC based characters are more dependent on rare, expensive or raid equipment than any other kind of build.
    This means for the 18/2 evasion pally: You are not a tank, you don't need CE.

Extend spell doubles the duration of your (buff) spells, namely the Resistances, Zeal and Divine Favor. Since the duration of the latter two is only about 1 or 2 minutes, but both spells help to increase your damage output, extend helps that these nice buffs do not go off while fighting and/or do not have enough SP to be cast.

Community Member

So I guess my choice should stop at 18\2 pali\rogue twf?
    Is there any other classes drow builds that fit into my request: "easy to play DPS with high AC and HP"?

You won't get a high AC with any of the pally builds I posted. But you will get a nice self-sufficient DPS character with high HP. High AC will always involve more grinding than pure DPS. There are not many melee builds which are a better choice for a drow and where the drow is a very good choice. I'd take the 18/2 TWF pally.

Other popular builds are the Exploiter and the Prodigy Ranger, but they need 32pt and are pretty gear- and tome hungry.

Community Member

thanks a lot for an advice

Default Complete healer

I'm looking for a build capable of casting both cures AND repairs (spells/wands), and also still cast good offensive spells. I have Drow/Warforged and Monk/Favored Soul all unlocked. I prefer a build not too dependent in items or tomes although I do have +6 items for all abilities except dexterity(+4) and wisdom(none at all).

Thank you in advance for your help

Quote Originally Posted by Sabreheim View Post
    I'm looking for a build capable of casting both cures AND repairs (spells/wands), and also still cast good offensive spells. I have Drow/Warforged and Monk/Favored Soul all unlocked. I prefer a build not too dependent in items or tomes although I do have +6 items for all abilities except dexterity(+4) and wisdom(none at all).

Thank you in advance for your help
    this'll be fun

Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 3.5.1
    DDO Character Planner Home Page

Level 20 Lawful Good Warforged Male
    (2 Paladin \ 18 Sorcerer) 
    Hit Points: 284
    Spell Points: 1824 
    BAB: 11\11\16\21
    Fortitude: 22
    Reflex: 14
    Will: 26

Starting            Ending          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats         Base Stats         Modified Stats
    (32 Point)       (Level 1)          (Level 20)           (Level 20)
    Strength             10                 10                   10
    Dexterity            10                 10                   10
    Constitution         18                 18                   20
    Intelligence         10                 10                   10
    Wisdom                6                  6                    6
    Charisma             16                 22                   25

Tomes Used
    +1 Tome of Charisma used at level 7

Starting            Ending          Feat/Enhancement
                     Base Skills        Base Skills        Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 1)          (Level 20)          (Level 20)
    Balance               0                  0                    0
    Bluff                 7                 29                   29
    Concentration         8                 28                   31
    Diplomacy             3                  7                    7
    Disable Device        n/a               n/a                   n/a
    Haggle                3                  7                    7
    Heal                 -2                 -2                   -2
    Hide                  0                  0                    0
    Intimidate            3                  7                    7
    Jump                  0                  0                    0
    Listen               -2                 -2                   -2
    Move Silently         0                  0                    0
    Open Lock             n/a               n/a                   n/a
    Perform               n/a               n/a                   n/a
    Repair                0                  0                    0
    Search                0                  0                    0
    Spot                 -2                 -2                   -2
    Swim                  0                  0                    0
    Tumble                n/a               n/a                   n/a
    Use Magic Device      n/a               n/a                   n/a

Level 1 (Sorcerer)
    Skill: Bluff (+4)
    Skill: Concentration (+4)
    Feat: (Selected) Force of Personality

Level 2 (Sorcerer)
    Skill: Bluff (+1)
    Skill: Concentration (+1)

Level 3 (Paladin)
    Skill: Bluff (+0.5)
    Feat: (Selected) Toughness

Level 4 (Paladin)
    Ability Raise: CHA
    Skill: Bluff (+0.5)

Level 5 (Sorcerer)

Level 6 (Sorcerer)
    Feat: (Selected) Combat Casting

Level 7 (Sorcerer)

Level 8 (Sorcerer)

Level 9 (Sorcerer)
    Feat: (Selected) Empower Spell

Level 10 (Sorcerer)

Level 11 (Sorcerer)

Level 12 (Sorcerer)
    Feat: (Selected) Spell Penetration

Level 13 (Sorcerer)

Level 14 (Sorcerer)

Level 15 (Sorcerer)
    Feat: (Selected) Greater Spell Penetration

Level 16 (Sorcerer)

Level 17 (Sorcerer)

Level 18 (Sorcerer)
    Feat: (Selected) Extend Spell

Level 19 (Sorcerer)

Level 20 (Sorcerer)
    Enhancement: Sorcerer Improved Empowering I
    Enhancement: Sorcerer Improved Empowering II
    Enhancement: Paladin Focus of Good I
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness I
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness II
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness III
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness IV
    Enhancement: Sorcerer Lineage of Force I
    Enhancement: Sorcerer Lineage of Force II
    Enhancement: Sorcerer Lineage of Deadly Force I
    Enhancement: Sorcerer Lineage of Deadly Force II
    Enhancement: Sorcerer Force Manipulation I
    Enhancement: Sorcerer Force Manipulation II
    Enhancement: Sorcerer Spell Penetration I
    Enhancement: Sorcerer Spell Penetration II
    Enhancement: Sorcerer Spell Penetration III
    Enhancement: Sorcerer Energy of the Dragonblooded I
    Enhancement: Sorcerer Energy of the Dragonblooded II
    Enhancement: Sorcerer Energy of the Dragonblooded III
    Enhancement: Sorcerer Energy of the Dragonblooded IV
    Enhancement: Sorcerer Subtle Spellcasting I
    Enhancement: Sorcerer Subtle Spellcasting II
    Enhancement: Sorcerer Subtle Spellcasting III
    Enhancement: Sorcerer Subtle Spellcasting IV
    Enhancement: Sorcerer Charisma I
    Enhancement: Sorcerer Charisma II
    Enhancement: Sorcerer Charisma III
    Enhancement: Paladin Toughness I
    Enhancement: Warforged Constitution I
    Enhancement: Warforged Constitution II
    Enhancement: Warforged Damage Reduction I
    Enhancement: Warforged Inscribed Armor I
    for balance and the like, grab some points from Bluff, your bonus from heroism can make up for your general lack of other skills.

Self healing + high saving throws :3 plus you get a large amount of damage from force-related spells and access to other spell combos (extended Fog Cloud + Extended Wall of Fire + Extended Symbol of Death = ...wow I really am an evil person o-o)

I am looking for a WarForged Arcane archer. The idea is that the will have repair early on and be able to heal himself. Looking for full arcane archer too. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MonkiMyach View Post
    I am looking for a WarForged Arcane archer. The idea is that the will have repair early on and be able to heal himself. Looking for full arcane archer too. Thanks!
    The only chance to take the Prestige Enhancement "Arcane Archer" as a Warforged is to get at least 6 levels of ranger. If you want "full arcane archer", i.e. Slaying Arrows, you need at least 18 levels of ranger. And since you are almost there, the best thing to do is to take the capstone, i.e. bring it to level 20.

tihocan has an AA sample build: http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...1&postcount=90

Note that WF is not the best choice since your self-heaing abilities are not so good. Unfortunately, there is no other way to incorporate WF and "full AA" than to take 18+ levels of ranger.

Note that WF is not the best choice since your self-heaing abilities are not so good. Unfortunately, there is no other way to incorporate WF and "full AA" than to take 18+ levels of ranger.

Sorry I should have specified. Just full AA ability. Not necessarily 100% AA. Most of the AA abilities.

Page 71 of 231 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast