Page 65 of 231 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 4618

Quote Originally Posted by theb View Post
    I'm requesting a ninja AC tank to use my icy burst +5 weakeneing short sword of enfeebling and a 4ac greensteel short sword with the Dark displacing finisher. Maybe 12 monk/8 fighter, any split is fine as long as it has high AC and at least 6 levels of monk.
    hi, to help sig out a bit may i suggest having a look at this thread http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=204862, it looks great fun if you are looking for a monk tank. i've just rolled one myself after a little editing due to my not wanted as much gear grind (dont know how it will turn out rolled it yesterday but looks promising).

also your shortswords would be perfect for this as you already have a 4AC one and if you decided you wanted to keep the healing amp that the designer has used in it could easily make a triple pos heal amp GS for rednames since stat drain doesnt help. you may not want to since your after dark monk but this is at least something to work on. little tip from myself when i looked over this the equipment slots are a tight squeeze so you may need to plan it out a bit to make sure you can fit all the stats in along with your AC stuff and intimi (if you wanted intimi you mentioned tank so i assumed you wanted it)

I am honored to be put in here! at the bottom or not

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero
    "That's cause you're a noob..."

Community Member

Default Build request

I dunno if you're very busy at the moment, but here's something I'd like some help with if you have the time.

I would like to request a build for a character that meets the following criteria:

- Does good TWF DPS
    - Has access to AoE Damage
    - Has Evasion
    - Has good UMD
    - Can disable traps & open locks
    - Does not have more than a few Rogue levels.

I've been trying to accomplish it myself, but I simply havent been able to nail down anything that doesnt feel subpar.
    For the record; I am VIP and I don't mind using a few tomes, but I still do not have access to 32-point builds.
    Help would be appreciated.

Community Member

Default Ranged Bard

What is the best ranged bard you could make, doesn't have to be a warchanter. (I know the feats dont line up very well.) I am looking for very good bard songs, and the best possible ranged dps. I was thinking somewhere along the lines of 16 Bard/4 fighter or 16/2/2 with Rogue for evasion. I'd love to have it as a repeater build, but not sure if AA applies to crossbows.

If you have a build like this already, could you point me in the right direction?

Thank you very much for your time. As always, great work!

Quote Originally Posted by Blind_Skwerl View Post
    looking for a twf strength based 32 point dwarf. I want dps and crits pumped up. must be able to self heal with wands.
    Check out my character REOREX. He was based on the build sig did for you. I think he rocks!

so you think you can out drink a dwarf...... Wanna Bet??

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

wrong thread please delete
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Community Member

Default Halfling Sorcerer/Hagglebot

I've been itching to get a weasly-little haggler, and try a sorcerer, so it seems natural to go with halfling - I know they're probably not optimal for pure sorcerer, but flavor wise it sounds fun.

I'll happily multi (spalsh) rogue or whatever, but would -prefer- a pure sorcerer with some solo ability. A hireling will probably be out in every dungeon.

I've got 32 pt, monk and warforged available, and should have drow soon, but am most interested in this particular build being a halfling.

Thanks.

Community Member

Question GR a Dwarf THF to 32

I have just hit Cap and am looking to GR my (28) Dwarf to 32 to fix some initial mistakes. This is my first character on DDO. I know about TR, but I want to GR until I build a 2nd lvl 20 character so I can continue running guild RAID & Epics. And then I might TR him.

Equipment:
    Will start Great Axe (I have a Carnifex) and then switch to Great Swords (I have a Green Steel Mineral II & and an SoS), working on making my Dragontouched.

So my Dwarf now is pretty much built to be a DPS best. I went and got the full Kensai and put as many points as possible in Toughness to get HP to 500+, and all slashing wep specializations. A bunch into initmi and a few into balance and in the end jump.

I have +2 Strength & Con tomes.

I have some questions about the effectiveness of trip & or stunning blow when it comes to lvl 20 playing.

I want this guy to be a DPS machine. Don't need to self heal - that's what real and hireling clerics are for. ;-)

Thanks in advance.

Community Member

Im looking for a Drow twf FvS build with high ac. DPS doesnt have to be uber, but sufficient. I am essentially looking for a build that is self sufficient and soloable, but is passable in a party setting if needed. I am picturing drizzt if he was born in eberon and not forgotten realms. Any class splashes are cool if they make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by sofakingwetatdid View Post
    Im looking for a Drow twf FvS build with high ac. DPS doesnt have to be uber, but sufficient. I am essentially looking for a build that is self sufficient and soloable, but is passable in a party setting if needed. I am picturing drizzt if he was born in eberon and not forgotten realms. Any class splashes are cool if they make sense.
    I'm only on the 4th book but as far as i know drizzit is a tempest twf ranger....he's no FvS....he barely even accepted mooshies goddess (even when he embraced her it twas in a different manner)
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    I'm only on the 4th book but as far as i know drizzit is a tempest twf ranger....he's no FvS....he barely even accepted mooshies goddess (even when he embraced her it twas in a different manner)
    Yea I know he never does any cleric stuff. But in the first book his mom wanted him to be a wiz, I imagine if he was in ebberon he might have dabbled a bit in magic.

plus its drow twf and id just like some attention.

Default Alexander Anderson

Seeing as you are one of the premiere builders I would like to request Alexander Anderson, a character from Hellsing. I have some minor ideas but I want to see what a true wiz would do for him.

What I have seen of him (From the OVA's)

High speed regeneration.
    two weapon fighting (Blessed bayonetes (sp.))
    Insane
    Human

Also Known as
    Paladin Anderson
    Angel dust Anderson

A Link to a rather good description of the character is here.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexand...son_(Hellsing)

I Know The key part of his build would be Paladin but beyond that Im not sure how to fit in many of his other abilites.

Please help

PS. I have VIP and Full Unlocked account to work with
    Last edited by jvnorris; 08-18-2010 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jvnorris View Post
    Seeing as you are one of the premiere builders I would like to request Alexander Anderson, a character from Hellsing. I have some minor ideas but I want to see what a true wiz would do for him.

What I have seen of him (From the OVA's)

High speed regeneration. IIRC The best regen in the game is from the level 7 monk ability called wholeness of body otherwise its 2hp/minute or coco-op 4% chance on-hit to regen 30hp/sp (greensteel ability)
    two weapon fighting (Blessed bayonetes (sp.)) TWF Pally's are a bit hard but doable....you have 32pt builds....right (Note: Pally/Monk might be an idea)
    Insane This is more of an RP thing
    Human Yep we got this race

Also Known as
    Paladin Anderson
    Angel dust Anderson

A Link to a rather good description of the character is here.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexand...rson_(Hellsing)

I Know The key part of his build would be Paladin but beyond that Im not sure how to fit in many of his other abilites.

Please help
    Some answers in red...overall I'd say make a Pally12/Monk7/???1 (Rogue maybe) that takes the Knight of the Chalice 1 & 2 and Ninja Spy 1 (Dark Monk) PREs and wields dual shortswords (You can even get Holy Shortswords of pure good :P)...does that work?

As far as an actual build I haven't really played much of Monk or Pally so I'll leave that to someone else.

THere is actually more to it.. There are some interesting things to add into the mix for him. Hence Why Im Asking Sig to look inot it. he is rahter good at it... Looking at the Wiki Page I posted there are things to consider such as his strngth speed Ranged combat abilities and more. I would really like to see what Sig comes up with it seems like he has been doing this for quite some time and has a very good insite as to how all the classes can mesh...

Quote Originally Posted by jvnorris View Post
    THere is actually more to it.. There are some interesting things to add into the mix for him. Hence Why Im Asking Sig to look inot it. he is rahter good at it... Looking at the Wiki Page I posted there are things to consider such as his strngth speed Ranged combat abilities and more. I would really like to see what Sig comes up with it seems like he has been doing this for quite some time and has a very good insite as to how all the classes can mesh...
    Hmmm...guess I'll refrain from helping you....jerk

Hmmm...guess I'll refrain from helping you....jerk
    Thank you for calling me a jerk. But I Came to a thread with the title Of Request a Build and get a build. If I just wanted advice I would have went to an advice thread. I Appreciate Your attempt to "help" me but you are not providing the help I was looking for and you are not the person I wanted help From. Please do not insult me for only trying to get the information i was looking for and from a thread with a specific title and looking for a response from a specific Person. You said yourself you dont even know the classes well that are involved therefore you are unable to even properly provide the build I was looking for. I wanted to see how the OP would do this and that is why I made the request in HIS thread for builds and not some place for advice.

There was no need for insults a rudeness. I made a very specific request and it is very obvious you are unable to fulfill what I asked for.

What would you do with a completionist? How would you best utilize all of the past life feats, +2 to stats & skills, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarJeffy View Post
    What would you do with a completionist? How would you best utilize all of the past life feats, +2 to stats & skills, etc?
    I'd realize I seriously need to get a life since I actually just beat every single class.

Really if you've completed every single class to lvl 20 you SHOULD know enough to know how to use the bonuses.

I'd realize I seriously need to get a life since I actually just beat every single class.

Really if you've completed every single class to lvl 20 you SHOULD know enough to know how to use the bonuses.
    This does not explain How Sig would best use all of those advantages. which is what I believe the person was asking. Please if your gonna keep posting in other peoples threads try to keep to the subjects.

If you want to help Please stay to the basics of the subject. Either provide builds or comment on the builds provided and stop padding you post count with useless posts that dont relate to the request or the theme of the thread in general. There are plenty of other places you can pad your count and not interfere with someone trying to provide a legitimate service for the community.

Community Member

Default movement spd bonuses

I am thinking of creating a build focused on max passive movement spd and was wondering which of the bonuses stack. This are the bonuses i know of:

1) Barbarian fast movement 10%
    2) Thief-acrobat II movement 10%
    3) Striding/Longstep 5%-30%

I am also unsure if any of these stack with Sprint boosts.

Thanks for any help!

Page 65 of 231 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast