Page 47 of 231 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast

Here is what I hope is a simple request for a newbie:

28pt Human Virtuoso, TWF. Needs to be able to solo some, due to work schedule, but prefers an audience, er, party.

Community Member

I'll be patient, I appreciate what you guys are doing.

I'm looking for a do-it-all bard. I DO NOT WANT a halfass meleer. This is a reroll of my previous bard who was great at everything BUT melee. I think the main problem was he was a halfling. I'm thinking human on this one.

So basically priorities are fighting, buffing, healing, and casting. Also a haggler if possible. I'm thinking TWF strength based? Fighter levels are fine, probably necessary to be the meleer that I want to be. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifespawn View Post
    not not a tricky one just tons of requests i try to do 3 aday but i seem to get 5-6 requests aday plus pm's it will take abit but i will get to you.
    Much appreciated Lifespawn, didn't know you was working alone. poor one, I will bake you a cake and give you some refreshing drinks for your hard work. No need to hurry, I have patience knowing the situation you are in.

Thanks in advance!

/Ely

Community Member

Hey guys!

I'm pretty new to the ddo community, been playing for a little while, currently levelling an FvS with my brother but also wanted to make a toon to play solo on the side and i found this.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...76#post1324076 -
    Superdrow a Neutral Good - Drow – Rogue 2 / Fighter 2 / Wizard 10

I liked the look of this because it looks to be a nice mixed bag and was wondering if someone could update it to lvl 20 if at all possible.

I've only just started the toon, currently 1 rogue/1 fighter / 1 Wizard. i'm guessing it would be updated to take the rest of the levels in Wizard? I don't know, thats why i'm here. haha

I have absolutely no clue.

Hope this is the right place to ask.

Thanks
    Last edited by NEUROTHYMIA; 09-29-2009 at 02:16 AM.

Community Member

Hi,

I've been playing for a little time now and have a Rouge I'm loving, its very similar to the 'Pocket Assassin'. I want to develop an alt now.

I'm a fan of Eberron in PnP and the Elves' Undying Court. I want a build which uses Elf and Undying Court and the whole undying schtick.

Think "Elven Undying Dragoon" as the elevator pitch.
    Dragonmarks are a possability.
    I dont really want to splash Rouge unless it makes for a much better build.
    I like h2h more then casting in genral.
    I also dont want an Archer type build.
    Paladin, Fighter, Ranger all seem like logical choices for the core class. However I dont want to have a cookie cutter twf clone-toon.
    Burst/Spike Dmg is more attractive to me then Dps.
    AoE more attactive then single target. The more Spike & AoE I can make this toon the happier I will be I dont really need the build to be a 'dps focused' toon [clearly, given the above] but I do want it to deal significant damage in the form of burst/spike.
    If the build could act as a Tank more the better. I'm happy to go completely in the direction of Tank if it gives the build more of a role.
    The toon will be 60/40% Solo/Team.

Community Member

Default Soloer

I like a sneaky charter that has enough fight in him to be able to kill the things that are unavoidable and or part of the quest. I like to be able to heal myself.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Hey I'm trying to build a relatively soloable wiz with a lvl or 2 of rogue (most likely 2..for Evasion feat) but I'm thinking that might be too squishy...especially since most people add fighter or ranger lvls in non-pure builds.

So if its Possible can you help me make a Wiz/Rog/??? Build that focuses on the Wiz Mostly but has Viable (doesn't need to be maxed or anything just enough that its useful) UMD DD and OL (maybe Search and spot too but it's unlikely I'd make use of MS or hide or Sneak attack so that can be ignored) I was thinking of making a Warforged one...also I was considering TWF but I'm not really sure why a Caster would need that.

-It has to be a 28 Pt. Build and I have only Unlocked Warforged
    -I'm not sure whats Tomes and whatnot are but I'm pretty sure a noobs don't have access to them so the build cant include those
    -If this mix is ludicrous or if you have a diff build that's similar your welcome to suggest it.
    -I have never played the PnP of D&D (No one around here plays) so I don't really know how this works
    -I'm thinking of using weapon finesse feat so I don't have to waste points in Str since I'll prob have a decent dex anyway (Int/Dex prob being highest stats)
    -how useful are the lvl 8 and 9 Spells (I know the spells lvls DON'T follow wiz lvl) vs. splashing in other classes

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 09-30-2009 at 02:25 AM.

Community Member

Look at the build he posted for ghoste looks like what your looking for.

Hey Lifespawn.

Not really requesting a build as much as a critique on what I've got posted here. The requirements are posted below the initial post, with a little more discussion on it later.
    Archangels
    Pwesiela - Completionist Arcane Archer; Pia - Silver Flame Assassin; Aes - of the Blue Ajah; Insene - Deathpriest; Enaila - Aiel Bodyguard; Uduk - Dwarven Meatwall; Vitalien -Warder
    Quote Originally Posted by Victorie View Post
    Pwesiela is correct.

Default Need a good Drow Monk build

I just went VIP today and was wondering if you could provide me with a good DPS Drow or Dwarf Monk build. I thought maybe it should have a splash of 2 rogue levels for evasion? I found this lvl 16 build for a dwarf monk but I dont know how to add the rogue in there and still make the build work out. Here is the Dwarf Monk build I found:

28 point

14 str
    16 dex
    14 con
    8 int
    15 wis
    6 cha

-You can grab a +1 dex tome and get Greater 2=wpn fighting, for the 28 point, get +1 wis tome. They are very cheap on the AH.-

Feats

1-stunning blow, twf
    2-wpn finesse
    3-path of harmonious balance, toughness
    6-stunning fist, great fortitude (makes up for the crane animal path a little)
    9-imp 2 wpn-fighting
    12-wf bludgeon/toughness/whatever
    15-greater 2 wpn fighting

Stat increases

4-str
    8-str
    12-str
    16-str

Enhancements

Dwarven Con 1 and 2
    Dwarven tactics 1,2,3
    Path of the elegant crane 1,2,3,4
    Fist of light
    Void strike
    Improved recovery 1
    way of air-1,2,3
    way of water-1,2,3
    Unbalancing strike
    Racial toughness 1,2,3
    Monk wisdom 1,2,3
    way of earth 1,2,3
    monk concentration 1,2
    way of fire 1

Sit in wind stance all the time. You grab the other stances for the attacks and combos they open up to you.
    fire light fire=heroism
    wind light wind=blur
    light light light-mass cure light

This seems like a really cool build i'd like to play i just wasnt sure if adding 2 lvls of rogue into it for evasion was a good idea and if it is where I would take those rogue levels. ty
    Last edited by Dhorrin; 09-30-2009 at 06:49 PM.

Community Member

Another request here from a relatively new player to throw into the mix, and I'm in no rush for this since it'll be awhile before I unlock 32 point builds yet, this is just something I'm curious to try out down the road. What I'm looking for is kinda/sorta a reflection off Ghoste's shaowmage ideaology only with a mostly rogue focus instead. Race doesn't matter at all to me, would prefer alignment be true neutral if possible but I'll go with whatever works best according to those far more experienced than me. Here's the basics of what I want, using a 32 point buildout all the way to level 20:

-Primarily want this to be mostly a traditional rogue approach. I would rather have the maximum ability in door/trap detection/disabling and lock picking ability at current endgame, as well as having as high UMD as possible. Traps/locks/UMD are the primary consideration above all else as I intend this to be more of a utility/support character who does most of his fighting/affectation to what's going on out on the periphery. 'Sneakability' (MS/Hide) as high as possible but completely flexible where that comes in given the other focuses of the build , so don't feel restricted there.

-Some mage/wizard squeezed in whenever possible mainly for the purpose of having a few crowd control/mob manipulation type spells.

-Fighting/damage ability is tertiary in the build. Certainly I want to be able to do as much damage as possible within the context of the build, but DPS is low on the totem pole. Whenever possible this character would ideally be fighting ranged whether by bow/xbow or throwing weaps, so anything that helps there.

-Don't need to be feasible solo, but would work well duo'ing with someone who traditional plays at least an above average healer/cleric in virtually any game they play. We're content to have to go slower both through each dungeon individually as well as leveling characters in general.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Legolas View Post
    Sorry about the surgery, but I and probably others hope you have a good and speedy recovery.

Anyway - I've been playing the game for sometime and have mostly pure classes, but now I'd like to request a multi-class build. First I've been exploring different builds but I do love the Ranger class. Mostly because of the favored enemy, two weapon fighting and a few other 'bonuses.' I've been looking at a 15 (Favored enemy 4) or so and X levels of fighter. I would definitely need Bast-Swords because I have a stockpile of them! But don't really need that till like level 8. Tomes? Only +1's. Another thing is that he needs to be an elf because again - I have a ton of RR: Elf/Drow equipment. I do have the 32 point build option. I'd like to go with fighter because of alignment restrictions (Lawful Good for use of Pure Good weapons), and because of all the feats; although Barb rage would go a long way. The big problem with me in making this type of build is that I do not know all the nuances of when to take a level of this or that or the trade offs on how many levels to take of this, and other such important stuff. Another thing is because since I need the Bast-swords I think that taking 4 or so levels of Fighter would give me enough feats and other 'bonuses' for all that... Although I'm not sure... Then again would Tempest III outweigh the 'bonuses' I'd be getting for taking more than 2 levels of Fighter? I saw a 14(?)Barb/Ranger(6?) that looked cool but I'd rather not loose all my 'Pure Good' weapons.
    barbs can use pure good weapons if they take the alignment they just can't be lawful tat being said if going that many ranger levels it's a mistake to not take tempest 3 2 ftr levels would give you 2 feats and ftr str 1 something like that sound good?
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnscapey View Post
    So... we see tons of WF running around. Most of them are kinda gimped builds. That's not to say that WF are inherently gimped builds, but rather that most people who play WF end up gimping themselves.

That being stated, I wanna try a WF. Problem is... I'll gimp the build like so many others.

So i bring it to the experts, as I've tried a few other builds posted here and been delighted. I know I'm about to propose something that will not be easy, and that comes with certain... drawbacks, but I have confidence that the brilliance of the builders in this forum will find a way to ungimp me.

I want a WF Fighter, pure fighter. I want him to have a decent ammount of intim, as I plan for him to be a tank, and I want him to be capable of actually absorbing the damage he'll be taking. He should be healer friendly, and a sword&board build. 32 point is fine, but he won't have access to anything beyond that (such as tomes and whatnot).

Eventually he'll raid, but the build shouldn't be designed around what he can be with raid gear, after all, he has to be playable before he starts raiding, if he's to ever raid.
    why the pure fighter if you just want to be an intimitank? 2 levels of pally would be helpful for the saves bonus since fighters don't get the best saves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahman View Post
    Hello, I got into this game and I have tried out some characters, the one that appeals to me most right now is the fighter class. I was looking at the human race because ina team that will be very helpful. The character i was thinking of is a fighter that uses the greataxe so it will probably have thf, and the ones that are associated with it. Im trying to go for max damage though, the reason i have 2 handed fighting is because if the monster has DR then it should be able to do more damage to them, also the strength modifier seems more for two handers. I am trying to fit spring attack into the character and the passive skills like weapon focus and weapon specialization since my style is to mostly manuver and then attack using normal attacks alot. once in a while i will spam all the skills that i have but its only when i remember. the character i have in mind will be in a team of around 6 people. this character will be the damage dealer of the party with melee. I will not be tanking unless its needed since there are other character builds in the team that will be tanking. I'm sorry if the build is a little off. If there is a better build even if i have to use two weapons then i could do that. however the one thing I'm very sure i want is the human fighter since they have the strength enhancements that can add to my damage modification. if you can help me with feats and enhancements i will be glad. also stat point distribution, the one im thinking of right now is str 17, dex 13, con 16, int 8, wis 8, char 8.

If you can give me a detailed breakdown of what i need to do as i go along, and maybe give me an explanation as to why so that i can learn, and perhaps be able to do the next one on my own =]. Also if there is something that you need me to clarify you can message me and then i will try to answer your question to the best of my newbie knowledge. This character is going to be pure fighter for the lvl 20 fighter skill.
    pm sent to discuss

Quote Originally Posted by Sigbjorn View Post
    I'm looking for a Bard build with decent spellcasting/healing/buffing capabilities but with high DEX for crossbows/bow use and ranged damage. Is this build even worth it?
    pure bard? or would you do 18 bard 2 ranger? elven arcane archer

Quote Originally Posted by Venmar View Post
    I'd appreciate a human ranger build, 28 pts, with repeating heavy crossbow as the main goal, the ability to sneak around would also be appreciated
    damage on repeaters caps out since str does not help add more damage if you wanted a repeater user that could do more damage i'd suggest going fighter 20

Quote Originally Posted by HaruhiSuzumiya View Post
    Okay so I followed the Arcande Trickster guide for Warforged and it seems kind of adaptable to humans:

Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 3.10
    DDO Character Planner Home Page

Level 14 Chaotic Neutral Human Female
    (3 Rogue \ 11 Wizard) 
    Hit Points: 124
    Spell Points: 760 
    BAB: 7\7\12
    Fortitude: 7
    Reflex: 9
    Will: 7

Starting            Ending          Feat/Enhancement
                     Base Stats         Base Stats         Modified Stats
    Abilities        (Level 1)          (Level 14)           (Level 14)
    Strength              8                  8                    8
    Dexterity            16                 16                   17
    Constitution         15                 15                   16
    Intelligence         16                 19                   23
    Wisdom                8                  8                    8
    Charisma              8                  8                    8

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
                     Base Skills         Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 1)            (Level 14)
    Balance               7                     7
    Bluff                -1                    -1
    Concentration         4                    13
    Diplomacy             3                     3
    Disable Device        7                    26
    Haggle               -1                    -1
    Heal                 -1                    -1
    Hide                  7                    13
    Intimidate           -1                    -1
    Jump                  3                     3
    Listen               -1                    -1
    Move Silently         7                    21
    Open Lock             7                    23
    Perform              n/a                   n/a
    Repair                3                     6
    Search                7                    24
    Spot                  3                     4
    Swim                 -1                    -1
    Tumble                7                     7
    Use Magic Device      3                     3

Level 1 (Rogue)
    Skill: Balance (+4)
    Skill: Concentration (+2)
    Skill: Diplomacy (+4)
    Skill: Disable Device (+4)
    Skill: Hide (+4)
    Skill: Jump (+4)
    Skill: Move Silently (+4)
    Skill: Open Lock (+4)
    Skill: Search (+4)
    Skill: Spot (+4)
    Skill: Tumble (+4)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+4)
    Feat: (Selected) Nimble Fingers
    Feat: (Human Bonus) Stunning Blow
    Feat: (Automatic) Attack
    Feat: (Automatic) Heroic Durability
    Feat: (Automatic) Light Armor Proficiency
    Feat: (Automatic) Martial Weapon Proficiency: Rapier
    Feat: (Automatic) Martial Weapon Proficiency: Shortsword
    Feat: (Automatic) Martial Weapon Proficiency: Shortbow
    Feat: (Automatic) Simple Weapon Proficiency
    Feat: (Automatic) Sneak
    Feat: (Automatic) Sneak Attack
    Feat: (Automatic) Trapfinding
    Enhancement: Rogue Skill Boost I
    Enhancement: Rogue Move Silently I
    Enhancement: Rogue Open Lock I
    Enhancement: Rogue Search I

Level 2 (Wizard)
    Skill: Disable Device (+1)
    Skill: Open Lock (+1)
    Skill: Search (+1)
    Feat: (Wizard Bonus) Eschew Materials
    Feat: (Automatic) Inscribe Scroll
    Feat: (Automatic) Magical Training
    Enhancement: Rogue Disable Device I
    Enhancement: Rogue Hide I
    Enhancement: Wizard Elemental Manipulation I
    Enhancement: Wizard Energy of the Scholar I

Level 3 (Wizard)
    Feat: (Selected) Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Repeating Heavy Crossbow
    Feat: (Automatic) Defensive Fighting
    Enhancement: Wizard Intelligence I

Level 4 (Wizard)
    Ability Raise: INT
    Skill: Concentration (+2)
    Enhancement: Wizard Lineage of Energy I
    Enhancement: Wizard Lineage of Elements I

Level 5 (Rogue)
    Skill: Hide (+4)
    Skill: Move Silently (+4)
    Skill: Open Lock (+2)
    Feat: (Automatic) Evasion
    Enhancement: Rogue Dexterity I

Level 6 (Wizard)
    Feat: (Selected) Mental Toughness
    Enhancement: Rogue Spot I
    Enhancement: Wizard Energy Manipulation I
    Enhancement: Wizard Energy Manipulation II
    Enhancement: Wizard Elemental Manipulation II

Level 7 (Wizard)
    Feat: (Wizard Bonus) Maximize Spell
    Enhancement: Human Adaptability Intelligence I
    Enhancement: Wizard Lineage of Deadly Energy I
    Enhancement: Wizard Lineage of Deadly Elements I
    Enhancement: Wizard Energy of the Scholar II

Level 8 (Wizard)
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Enhancement: Wizard Intelligence II

Level 9 (Wizard)
    Feat: (Selected) Spell Penetration
    Enhancement: Wizard Lineage of Elements II
    Enhancement: Wizard Elemental Manipulation III

Level 10 (Wizard)
    Enhancement: Wizard Lineage of Energy II
    Enhancement: Wizard Wand Mastery I
    Enhancement: Wizard Wand Mastery II

Level 11 (Wizard)
    Enhancement: Wizard Lineage of Deadly Elements II

Level 12 (Wizard)
    Feat: (Selected) Greater Spell Focus: Enchantment
    Feat: (Wizard Bonus) Heighten Spell
    Enhancement: Wizard Intelligence III

Level 13 (Wizard)
    Enhancement: Human Greater Adaptability Constitution I

Level 14 (Rogue)
    Skill: Hide (+1)
    Skill: Move Silently (+9)
    Feat: (Automatic) Trap Sense
    Enhancement: Wizard Energy of the Scholar III
    Humans get enhancements to intelligence and constitution so it kind of makes up for some of the shortcomings, plus any other enhancement you'd get as warforged becomes a free slot for anything else. Not to mention the free feat.
    the biggest advantage of going wf is the self healing aspect which you could get eventually maxing umd on the human or a halfling with healing marks can do the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by firesnakearies77 View Post
    I'd like to play a favored soul/fighter, human, 28-point build. Mostly favored soul, but wearing plate and using a two-handed weapon and focused on melee. Ideally I'd like a very good soloing character who can also do something useful in groups.

Mainly I just want to know how many levels of fighter to splash in with favored soul, and what order would be best to take the levels in. But a full recommendation for feats and enhancements and stuff would be great, too.
    thats a tough call going pure favored soul gives you the great dr when you hit 20 but fighter levels would allow you to get plenty of combat feats along with healing stuff

Default 18FVS/2Monk

looking for a Favored Soul/monk splash that can cast offensive spells and also land some curative spells. Taking the Lord of Blades enhancement and feat line. I have 32 point build available and a set of +1 tomes available at lvl 3. I have a general idea of enchancements that I want, but willing to look at others choices. I rolled one up and took 1st 2 lvls as monk and 3-20 as FVS. Want toughness and THF as lvl 1 feats. Plz Help

Community Member

Default Hi

I would like a nice drow tempest/spellcaster mix which is fairly versatile and useful in parties, as well as a decent melee fighter. Oh yes, and I want him to wield exotic one-handers like khopesh's or bastard swords. Thinking tempest/bard(virtuoso), tempest/sorcerer, but main focus should be tempest I-III and related abilities. Also considering Tempest/Kensai or Tempest/Barbarian.
    Last edited by VRSamadhi; 10-01-2009 at 03:12 AM.

Page 47 of 231 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast