evasion
    survivability
    Ok I'll bite.

Exploiter.
    Impacts 13-6-1.
    Any of 500 found via search
    Nightbreak - Thelanis.

Community Member

Speaking of new mod, what should I take after Ftr 12/ Rgr 6? I have a true neutral human. Thx!

If it's me I'm going 2 more fighter.
    Nightbreak - Thelanis.

Anyone have a good build for a Drow Pure Sorc leveling in a specialized group that focuses on DPS with splashes in CC, that is helpful in a few different situations, but is still primarily to damage things? It would have to be drow-only, however, and it isn't implicitly for solo play.

Quote Originally Posted by Furysetzer View Post
    Speaking of new mod, what should I take after Ftr 12/ Rgr 6? I have a true neutral human. Thx!
    TN Human? 2Rog or 2Barb. The former gets you Evasion + UMD, the latter gets you a small Rage and more HP.
    Person Æ, Sarlona
    Tanka (Elf Tempest Trapper) .:. Darani (Aasimar Inquisileric) .:. Raelyth (Elf Artifonk)

Community Member

Would love some help on a 28 point self sufficient solo mostly build please.

Would need to be a class that is decent both early and lategame. Any class combo is fine. Don't have drow option yet and really want to avoid playing a Warforged.

Thank you

Default whats wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by phaseout View Post

Would need to be a class that is decent both early and lategame. Any class combo is fine. Don't have drow option yet and really want to avoid playing a Warforged.

Thank you
    whats wrong with WF?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by azure1968 View Post
    whats wrong with WF?
    Really don't like the way they look :P

I'm trying to make a TWF rogue/wizard. I've rolled him up as a drow (don't have 32 point build). Currently 2rogue/1wiz.

The idea is to have buffs and the occasional attack spell but focus on Melee... original plan was rogue 9 / wizard 7 but looking at BAB progression I seem to be cheating myself out of 2 BAB that way. So right now I've revised to 10 rogue/6 wiz ... with the level 20 goal of 12 rogue / 8 wiz.

I'm not looking to be "optimal" just functional and wondering if anyone has links to a build or two like this that I can get some advice from.

oh, want to go dex based... though I imagine that would be a given with this type of build.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnorbert View Post
    I'm trying to make a TWF rogue/wizard. I've rolled him up as a drow (don't have 32 point build). Currently 2rogue/1wiz.

The idea is to have buffs and the occasional attack spell but focus on Melee... original plan was rogue 9 / wizard 7 but looking at BAB progression I seem to be cheating myself out of 2 BAB that way. So right now I've revised to 10 rogue/6 wiz ... with the level 20 goal of 12 rogue / 8 wiz.

I'm not looking to be "optimal" just functional and wondering if anyone has links to a build or two like this that I can get some advice from.

oh, want to go dex based... though I imagine that would be a given with this type of build.
    Should probably shoot for 13/7 at 20th level...

I have a dex-based ranger/wizard that is 11/5 and will be 12/8 at cap... A rogue/wizard should go 13/7 because you get extra sneak attack damage and an extra rogue feat at 13th level.

It's a good combo... Self-cast shield, blur, jump, haste, displacement, rage... all very good buffs... You'll want to go TWF (two weapon fighting - best damage potential since each swing gets your sneak attack damage).

Here's probably how I would do the feats...

1 Toughness
    3 Weapon Finesse
    6 TWF
    9 ITWF
    12 Improved Crit: Pierce
    15 GTWF
    18 ?

Wizard bonus feats:
    Extend
    Maximize (for when you get firewall)

Rogue bonus feats:
    Crippling Strike
    Improved Evasion

A 13/7 rogue/wizard will be quite good... (another bonus: self-cast invisibility is nice when you're sneaking around and need to shed aggro)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

That's some good advice and confirmed a few ideas that I had. As for current cap... would you say 11rog/5wiz and then take 2 of each when cap raises?

EDIT: hmm... at 11/5 I won't make the BAB requirements for GTWF... also I have to put off level 5 wiz until level 10 if I want to make the 6 BAB I need for ITWF at level 9.

Probably a moot point because Mod 9 will be here before I cap this character.. seeing as I've still never capped a char
    Last edited by Gnorbert; 05-12-2009 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Any ideas on how to make this novelty into a practical/useable build?
    I like the idea of those tiny guys wielding those huge swords. Plus the racial attack and AC bonus...

I was thinking of a rouge/fighter combo for some seak attack and to pick up the good slashing feats up to greater weapon specialization.

What do you think?

did you just want the rogue for sneak attack and umd? or do you want rogue skills too?
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

Quote Originally Posted by Furysetzer View Post

2 rogue or 2 ftr would be my choice rogue for evasion and umd or 2 ftr for the second tier enhancment of your specific weapon damage and an extra feat

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxBMW View Post
    Anyone have a good build for a Drow Pure Sorc leveling in a specialized group that focuses on DPS with splashes in CC, that is helpful in a few different situations, but is still primarily to damage things? It would have to be drow-only, however, and it isn't implicitly for solo play.
    you can't go wrong with max cha pump up some con and throw a little in dex for reflex or str so you can carry more.

maxamize empower extend toss up for quicken force of personality for will saves sf umd toughness spell focus (whatever spell school)..pick 3

Thank you
    check out post 411 my Pleric® see if that interests you if it does i'll mod it to 28 pt and can even do rogue skills if you wanted by switching in 2 rogue lvls instead of 2 monk.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifespawn View Post
    you can't go wrong with max cha pump up some con and throw a little in dex for reflex or str so you can carry more.

maxamize empower extend toss up for quicken force of personality for will saves sf umd toughness spell focus (whatever spell school)..pick 3
    How generic, but it feels it has some useful points, I'll take it under advisement :P

I'm thinking of an 8 str, 10 dex, 14 con...or was it 12? 12 int, 8 wis, and 20 cha as my starting abilities, with concentration, UMD, and...bluff, I guess, for my skills, with spells as necessary pending what works.

Since the original post seems to not have been updated in over a month, may as well ask for advice on the dwellers here. How does that sound from a non feat/spell/enhancement perspective?

Community Member

Default (28pt) Pure DPS

i would like it to be a dwarf and mellee class with TWF,basterd swords....im new and im up to just about anything...Please help me out
    Last edited by diablo92589; 05-12-2009 at 11:13 PM.

Default whats looks got to do ...

Really don't like the way they look :P
    Whats looks got to do with gameplay?
    The way I see it is what advantages dose the particular race have, and how you plan to take advantage of it.
    The ovious ones are imunitys but WF also dont have to wory about underwater action items/spells,earth grabs,sleep,sickness,ectra
    there are many reasons to play a WF just as many reasons to NOT play one too. Its up to you and how you "feel" about the race you play.
    But seriously don't knock WF off your "playlist" just because you dont like the look.

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxBMW View Post
    How generic, but it feels it has some useful points, I'll take it under advisement :P

I'm thinking of an 8 str, 10 dex, 14 con...or was it 12? 12 int, 8 wis, and 20 cha as my starting abilities, with concentration, UMD, and...bluff, I guess, for my skills, with spells as necessary pending what works.

Since the original post seems to not have been updated in over a month, may as well ask for advice on the dwellers here. How does that sound from a non feat/spell/enhancement perspective?
    casters are hard to make unique unless you have a specific plan and goal for them.

Concentration if your not taking quicken i'd put a little in ballance if you are.

What post not being updated in over a month are you talking about?

Page 31 of 231 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast