Page 2 of 231 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I've just roled a new Drow Sorcere/fighter. He's at 4th level now but I want your advise before going any farther with him. I was thinking of advancing him so he would be a 50/50 build But I'm not sure thtat that,s the way to go. What I really want in a non squishy Sorcere.
    Thanks for any help you can give
    I think Sorcerer/Paladin stacks a lot better, since maxing charisma helps both classes. If you want to go melee, maybe 5 levels of wizard and extend for haste and blur would be worthwhile. Wizard is better in that build for many reasons, but you wouldn't want to use a character like that for offensive magic... I see a lot of WF 9F/5W running around - or 7F/5W/2P

I've got a Sorc/Pally Drow - AEsahaettr, who is currently 10th level (2 Pal/8Sorc). All I really want out of the paladin levels is a) the weapon and armor feats (and toughness, which I took at start), and b) the paladin Auras from levels 1 & 2. If you want to be very combat centered maybe do 3 or 4 total levels of paladin.

AEsahaettr (2 Paladin/ 12 Sorc) - initial stats:
    8 STR
    10 DEX
    14 CON
    10 INT
    10 WIS
    20 CHA

Feats: Toughness, Maximize, Extend, Illusion Focus
    Enhancements - key ones are eleven arcane fluidity, improved maximize, and elemental lines.

I took Paladin at levels 1 & 3, but in retrospect I would have waited on the 2nd level. As it was I didn't get Wall of Fire until level 10. Oof. I use Twilight chain and a mithril shield, and I run all the time with stoneskin and blur; and when I cast Wall of Fire and everything aggros on me most times I dopn't have to bunny hop - I just start beating on them with my acid enfeebler longsword.
    <|| “Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate.” ||>
    AEsahaettr | AlfredSartan | Botharel | PeterMurphy | Weesham etc.

Woo, requests coming a bit faster than I can handle and much faster than I expected. I'll try to get responses in under a week but I might not make it on some of the later requests.

Thanks though, I'm excited to try my hand at building these ideas.
    Former Host of DDOcast
    Member of The Madborn of Thelanis
    Streaming sometimes on twitch as SigTrent

Community Member

Thought I would add one more to the list for you

I am looking to make a dual wielding charecter that I actually enjoy and is not the same as everyone other one I run into. I was contemplating it either be a dual pick wielder (prefered option), or a dual hammer wielder. The first I didn't know how to construct effectively to maximize the DPS output of the crit modifier, which is the intent. The second I started tinkering with after getting frustrated with the first and was looking at running weighted weapons in combination with stunning blow. This build seems more possible, so you might end up doing it, but if you can come up with a good way to maximize the pick DPS through crits then I would prefer that. I just don't want to feel like that I should be using shortswords or rapiers.

Race/class etc are not relevant. Assume 28pt or drow. The only gear I ever assume for builds is the maximum + item per level though I am also interested in knowing what specific weapons to aim for for each hand and why.

Thanks in advance

Default Cleric / caster

A cleric caster build is what I have in mind. Race/ alig etc immaterial. 28/32 or drow build.

What I have in mind is a buff/heal bot. Would a bard/cleric be better? I am looking for max buff spells and max sp. DVs are optional but I like to carry em.

Design it and I will make it!

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by CoolHand Luke; 08-14-2007 at 09:06 AM.
    Amiee lvl 16 cleric___________Heathur lvl 16 fighter
    Coolhand lvl16 rogue ________Freek lvl 16 wizzard
    Saba lvl 16 cleric ________Hayoka lvl 16 Bard

Quote Originally Posted by Pinksock View Post
    Thought I would add one more to the list for you

I am looking to make a dual wielding charecter that I actually enjoy and is not the same as everyone other one I run into. I was contemplating it either be a dual pick wielder (prefered option), or a dual hammer wielder. The first I didn't know how to construct effectively to maximize the DPS output of the crit modifier, which is the intent. The second I started tinkering with after getting frustrated with the first and was looking at running weighted weapons in combination with stunning blow. This build seems more possible, so you might end up doing it, but if you can come up with a good way to maximize the pick DPS through crits then I would prefer that. I just don't want to feel like that I should be using shortswords or rapiers.

Race/class etc are not relevant. Assume 28pt or drow. The only gear I ever assume for builds is the maximum + item per level though I am also interested in knowing what specific weapons to aim for for each hand and why.

Thanks in advance
    if you want high crit dmg with thoose, i'd go barbarian. with imp. crit and rage crit enhancement you will have a crit of 17-20/x4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Lawrence View Post
    Remember to have your kobolds spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by sigtrent View Post
    Woo, requests coming a bit faster than I can handle and much faster than I expected. I'll try to get responses in under a week but I might not make it on some of the later requests.

Thanks though, I'm excited to try my hand at building these ideas.
    Bah, another Maldini

Quote Originally Posted by spifflove View Post
    Bah, another Maldini
    Is that such a bad thing? Anyhow I have your build for an Uber battle wizard up in action. I went with a slightly different direction than others I've seen when it comes to my battle side, but fairly traditional on the wizard side.
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...46#post1297746

At some point I'll post my own battle wizard who is somewhat less than uber sicne he's a lot closer to the kinds of builds you are known for and he at least had precision up until level 14 when I re-specced it for.... Two Weapon Fighting!!?? (I'm using off hand sneak attack to up my DR penetration on my wounding/puncturing rapier.)
    Former Host of DDOcast

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    If a go all the way with my Drow socerere/fighter so that he ends up a Socerere 7/Fighter 7 would this be a good move?
    Not especialy.. Both of those classes tend to get their best things on even levels. So a fighter sorcerer would want to probably be 6/8, probably 8 sorcerer as you get a fourth level spell that way. (Firewall is especialy useful)

It's not a popular split or pairing of classes but it can work, I have a Sorcerer/Fighter Warforged character that I like, although he's still low level.
    Former Host of DDOcast

Is that such a bad thing? Anyhow I have your build for an Uber battle wizard up in action. I went with a slightly different direction than others I've seen when it comes to my battle side, but fairly traditional on the wizard side.
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...46#post1297746

At some point I'll post my own battle wizard who is somewhat less than uber sicne he's a lot closer to the kinds of builds you are known for and he at least had precision up until level 14 when I re-specced it for.... Two Weapon Fighting!!?? (I'm using off hand sneak attack to up my DR penetration on my wounding/puncturing rapier.)

Sig is the man. Anyone that has a problem with him will have their pinkies broken.

Anyway, it's good to see the spirit of the chopshop live on.

I see a challege tag

EDIT: The few folk I usually group with seem to equate Dex with TWF. I can take it or leave it, and frankly wouldn't miss it. Entirely your call.

The (perceived?) high cost of adding in a full line of Dragonmarks seems frustrating. Had Turbine implemented them as enhancements, we'd see them more.

I've suspected the Dragonmark feats are somewhat quiet in their usefulness. I look forward to your take on the exercise. Also, I really need to balance out my fixation on WF - a halfling should fit the bill nicely.

Gracias
    Last edited by VonBek; 08-16-2007 at 08:12 AM.
    So, I hear that one day we may get Familiars...
    ....I want a Velociraptor!

Alright, I've been wanting to make a Dragonmarked Halfling Bard with a heavy focus on being a pseudo Cleric for a long time. I created a level 1 that I haven't played yet, but I'd love to see your interpretation. Given the focus on a single role a 28pt build would probably cut it, don't assume any gear, but an analysis with top gear would be interesting. Level splashes are okay, too.

Bards often fill in for Clerics, but given that it'd be nice to see a Bard that could heal close to as well as a Cleric while having Bard-like versatility.
    Khalzad - TWF Dwarf Barbarian
    Aubergine - Warforged Tactical Warchanter
    Malakyte - Mark of the Sentinel Human "True" Tank

Community Member skorchedawakenin's Avatar

Default Drow ranged

I'd like to get a really good ranged dps build.

Default high level tank, rather than standard DPS barb

I really dont understand melee builds as much as I should but would like to make one. So here is my request:
    A build to tank anything (or as close as I can get)! Essentially, I want a super high ac (mid 50s at least), high dr (blocking dr and passive dr), very high hp (400ish at least) character. What am I willing to sacrifice to acheive this: DPS, strength, etc. I am thinking it will likely be some sort of barb/ftr, dwarf most likely or maybe warforged. feel free to include any equipment you want, other than multiple +2 tomes, mithril fullplate (too hard to get), or raid gear, since after mod5 i suspect thats gonna be really hard to come by. Basically, I am more interested in this working for endgame then while leveling, I'll get him up quick regardless. feel free to be creative. i hate cookie-cutter builds.
    Shmuel Xadin Xadins Errand Mohnster Yitzhak

Thumbs up Solid 32pt rogue build..

I love making builds so I'm offering my services.

Just post a request in this thread laying out what it is you want the build to do. Feel free to include as many specifics and requirements as you like. I'm happy to work on both good, bad, or silly ideas. Give me a challenge and I 2will try to meet it as best I can.

My priorities will be
    1. Meeting your build's requrements
    2. Making it playable
    3. Making it interesting

I will only include equipment considerations if you specifiy them or if they are somehow essential for the build.

I will post each build in its own post along with your name and a summary of the request you made. I will try to do each build within a week of the request.

----------------------Request List-----------------------

WarrenB: 32pt human rogue dual wield traps
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...20#post1302420
    Hi Sig

Thanks for the build....looks real solid as you said. I do prefer the old style single class builds. Will have a good look at it over the next 4 weeks when I'm on the ships & see what needs revising / restructuring with your help.

Look like this will be a fun toon to play as is tho. What was the reasoning behind choosing "Human Versatility" please. The duration of each click is so short lived, imho they gimped it when they made it a selectable instead of an always on.

Cheers
    Warren
    Tharashk / Thelanis

Those that insist on perfect safety don't have the balls to live in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenB View Post
    What was the reasoning behind choosing "Human Versatility" please. The duration of each click is so short lived, imho they gimped it when they made it a selectable instead of an always on.
    From the build
    Human Versatility is slated to get extra features letting you boost attack, speed etc..
    It's basically a skill boost that you can sacrifice if you prefer and get +speed or +attack. It's just like Rogue Skill boost in every other way, except that you have more options, like if you're in a quest that you know has no traps you can use it for the +attack boost and kill some high AC mobs instead.
    Khalzad - TWF Dwarf Barbarian
    Aubergine - Warforged Tactical Warchanter
    Malakyte - Mark of the Sentinel Human "True" Tank

Quote Originally Posted by Shmuel View Post
    I really dont understand melee builds as much as I should but would like to make one. So here is my request:
    A build to tank anything (or as close as I can get)! Essentially, I want a super high ac (mid 50s at least), high dr (blocking dr and passive dr), very high hp (400ish at least) character. What am I willing to sacrifice to acheive this: DPS, strength, etc. I am thinking it will likely be some sort of barb/ftr, dwarf most likely or maybe warforged. feel free to include any equipment you want, other than multiple +2 tomes, mithril fullplate (too hard to get), or raid gear, since after mod5 i suspect thats gonna be really hard to come by. Basically, I am more interested in this working for endgame then while leveling, I'll get him up quick regardless. feel free to be creative. i hate cookie-cutter builds.
    Just make a Dwarf Paladin with Combat Expertise. Then you can high good HP, high AC and still have DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldini View Post
    Sig is the man. Anyone that has a problem with him will have their pinkies broken.

Anyway, it's good to see the spirit of the chopshop live on.
    I have failed you Maldini, I have failed you.
    Last edited by spifflove; 08-20-2007 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenB View Post

Look like this will be a fun toon to play as is tho. What was the reasoning behind choosing "Human Versatility" please. The duration of each click is so short lived, imho they gimped it when they made it a selectable instead of an always on.
    I posted a somewhat more detailed explination after the build itself but...

Basicaly I have the skill boost becasue it is the cheapest way to add +5 to your rogue skills when they really need it, and I picked Human Versatility instead of Rogue Skill Boost because in mod 5 you can use it to boost attack, or AC and some other things if you don't need it for skills. It would only save you 3pts to have Rogue Skill Boost 4 instead so I though it was worth the 3 pts to have some extra boosts and different types to boot.

I'm not a huge fan to the boosts, but skill boost can be very usefull. I also like the ranger resistance boost for running traps and such, a real bargin for 1 AP sicne it stacks with resist spells.
    Former Host of DDOcast

Quote Originally Posted by Shmuel View Post
    So here is my request:
    A build to tank anything (or as close as I can get)! Essentially, I want a super high ac (mid 50s at least), high dr (blocking dr and passive dr), very high hp (400ish at least) character. . feel free to be creative. i hate cookie-cutter builds.
    I think the challenge here will be coming up with something different. This is groud that has been well thought through by others before me. Lots of great tank builds out there. But I'll consider it a challenge to come up with something at least a little unusual.
    Former Host of DDOcast

I have two builds for you to work up for me please. I play in a perma-death guild that doesn't allow the buying of scrolls, wands, potions, or anything from the auction house. So please disgard any assumptions of what is available to me. Keeping that in mind, it is okay to use Dragon Marks on my characters if it helps meet the goal.

* Both must be 28pt builds
    * Neither can be Drow

Battlemage

* Since I will be a front line fighter/caster, I must be able to take damage.
    * I want to use a Bastard Sword
    * I want to be able to deal good dmg in melee
    * NO SHIELDS
    * I want to cast AoE/Cone spell dmg, since I typically face multiple enemies
    * I want to be able to use self-buffs that would benefit the above
    * I would prefer to be able to self-heal, but if impossible, don't worry about it. I am okay with being able to heal minor to moderate wounds.
    * The classes you use to accomplish this doesn't matter to me.
    * I don't need to be the best in melee or spell dmg, but I don't want to suck either. Somewhere in-between would be nice.

Archer

* Being able to deal massive bow dmg is my main priority
    * Being able to disarm traps and pick locks is very important as well
    * Being good at the skills required to disarm traps and pick locks is next important. (ie. search, spot...)
    * Include anything that would help me accomplish my job easier. (ie. being able to take a hit or live longer etc.)
    * I would like to be able to augment my Archer with self-buffs and heals if able.

Please remember that I am playing in a perma-death guild with special rules as described above. I can't explain how important that is when creating these builds.

Thank you so much for your help. Have fun.
    Last edited by Findecano; 08-21-2007 at 01:00 AM.

Page 2 of 231 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast