Page 187 of 231 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,740 of 4618

Quote Originally Posted by ElrondElfKing View Post
    I tried searching the archives, but couldn't find a good match.
    Do you have the Harper Tree?

I ask, b/c there's a reason you didn't find a good match - it's tough to combine non-Int Fighter builds w/ Trapping. The latter requires a LOT of Skill Points*, and the former provides VERY few - so unless you start w/ an 18 (or 20!) Int, and keep building it up from there, you have to add many levels of Rogue for the skills, which undercuts the Core 18 enhancements. Doable, but it takes some creativity.

(* You need, at absolute minimum, 14 Int for a total of 4 skill points/level - 2 into +1 cross-class rank in Search, and +2 more into Disable Device. If you, personally, don't have every trap in every quest memorized, add 2 more for Spot. Open Locks ~might~ be doable with the starting 4 ranks. But you aren't getting any UMD, which is a great thing, or any other skills.

And 14 Int isn't great for trapping at higher levels - "real" trappers are Int builds.)

Harper Tree lets you quickly (before Level 4!) use Int for To Hit & Damage, which is the easy solution. The other is several/many ranks of Rogue, which is an entirely diff solution. Which is why I'm asking.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Do you have the Harper Tree?

I ask, b/c there's a reason you didn't find a good match - it's tough to combine non-Int Fighter builds w/ Trapping. The latter requires a LOT of Skill Points*, and the former provides VERY few - so unless you start w/ an 18 (or 20!) Int, and keep building it up from there, you have to add many levels of Rogue for the skills, which undercuts the Core 18 enhancements. Doable, but it takes some creativity.

(* You need, at absolute minimum, 14 Int for a total of 4 skill points/level - 2 into +1 cross-class rank in Search, and +2 more into Disable Device. If you, personally, don't have every trap in every quest memorized, add 2 more for Spot. Open Locks ~might~ be doable with the starting 4 ranks. But you aren't getting any UMD, which is a great thing, or any other skills.

And 14 Int isn't great for trapping at higher levels - "real" trappers are Int builds.)

Harper Tree lets you quickly (before Level 4!) use Int for To Hit & Damage, which is the easy solution. The other is several/many ranks of Rogue, which is an entirely diff solution. Which is why I'm asking.
    thanks for the reply. As in most things ddo, there is no simple answer. I guess I'll just stick to smashing and let my hires do the smart stuff.

Community Member

Default bear druid - human

human bear druid strength build with shield. Can multiclass but pure druid is fine.

Default Max dps smasher build request

. I'm back after a few years hiatus. I have a couple of TRs under my belt, but it's been awhile. I want to reintroduce myself to the game with simple smash and slash toon.
    . 32 point build
    . Melee, twf or thf, max dps, with AC secondary. I'm probably looking for a fighter or barb.
    . I don't want to cast. I'll always have a hireling to heal and buff me. I want close-in, smash and slash, no ranged, no casting. Appropriate clickies are fine.
    . I'd like to bring this to TR.
    . I have access to premium, and I have no problem buying tomes or whatever.

Any suggestions?

98% of these are perfectly fine, and the rest are still good, just not "optimal".

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld+repsository

Quote Originally Posted by ElrondElfKing View Post
    thanks for the reply. As in most things ddo, there is no simple answer. I guess I'll just stick to smashing and let my hires do the smart stuff.
    There is a simple answer to "Do you have the Harper Tree?" - it's either "yes" or "no".

And there are simple answers to your request for a fighter/trapper, but if "Yes", it's one thing, if "No" it's another.

Default Monk12/warlock8

I am curious how folks would build this. Wanted 8 warlock for DDoor mainly, 12 monk for high attack rate and lots of additional damage/status effects depending on which handwraps I decide to use.

2nd life (so 34 pt build) I have several stat tomes, though I forget exactly which at the moment.

Default Racial Reincarnation sprinter, melee Artificer, SWF/Rune-Arm

I'm lazy and I've been putting off RRs. I'll be going through Heroics then RRing as many times as I can stand it. I want a solo-friendly trapper, and I'm thinking of going melee Artificer, SWF with a Rune Arm for Mighty Slam, working with Strimton's "Maverick Hunter" build for inspiration. But since the goal is multiple RRs, I won't be only WF and was thinking of splashing in Paladin for healing, survivability, and better BAB to keep the SWF feats coming faster.

I'm not sure how heavily I should be leaning on the balance of Pal/Art. I have the Harper tree so I can dump straight Int to keep some of the DCs high.

I couldn't find a lot of trapper builds where people used Arti instead of Rogue; I couldn't find more than a few Arti builds that went Renegade Mastermaker. I'm not sure if there are some kind of synergies I'm missing or some limiting factor that cripples this and it's just a dumb idea. I'm not married to Paladin for this but I don't want to have to rely on UMD for healing clickies for a dozen RRs and any time I have to triple-class I get nervous and want a second opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by datashade View Post
    I'm lazy and I've been putting off RRs. I'll be going through Heroics then RRing as many times as I can stand it. I want a solo-friendly trapper, and I'm thinking of going melee Artificer, SWF with a Rune Arm for Mighty Slam, working with Strimton's "Maverick Hunter" build for inspiration. But since the goal is multiple RRs, I won't be only WF and was thinking of splashing in Paladin for healing, survivability, and better BAB to keep the SWF feats coming faster.

I'm not sure how heavily I should be leaning on the balance of Pal/Art. I have the Harper tree so I can dump straight Int to keep some of the DCs high.

I couldn't find a lot of trapper builds where people used Arti instead of Rogue; I couldn't find more than a few Arti builds that went Renegade Mastermaker. I'm not sure if there are some kind of synergies I'm missing or some limiting factor that cripples this and it's just a dumb idea. I'm not married to Paladin for this but I don't want to have to rely on UMD for healing clickies for a dozen RRs and any time I have to triple-class I get nervous and want a second opinion.
    I'm no expert, so take everything I say here with a grain of salt.

I would stay pure arti, with renegade mastermaker you get some basically free potion grenades, plus the actual spell ones (and the unlimited free component for them) so you don't have as much to worry about with the cooldown and you can get a solid AC and increase your PRR/MRR and if your fleshie you can take the construct essence line so your repair spells can heal you and you don't have to worry about the grenade cooldown.

Basically, I like RMM for durability and solo survivability, you have to squeeze construct essence in, which can be tough, you have to give something up. but everything is a tradeoff in DDO

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicis View Post
    I am curious how folks would build this. Wanted 8 warlock for DDoor mainly, 12 monk...
    I'd build it without 'Lock, but Human w/ Dragonmark of Passage. (Unless there are other things that you really like about a split w/ lock, which may be the case).

Community Member

Default Request: First-life healer

I'd like to try my hand at an off-healer cleric, but am not sure of the best build.

I prefer melee characters, especially since I would imagine using SP for casting detracts from healing potential. Considering Ameliorating Smite from Warpriest, so I would assume a 2h build would be the way to go?

Restrictions:
    - First-life (32 point)
    - All classes unlocked
    - Could unlock VKF down the road
    - F2P races, plus Drow, plus PDK/Bladeforged/Sun Elf

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Discpsycho View Post
    an off-healer cleric
    What do you mean by this term?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    What do you mean by this term?
    Eventually, a healer I can raid on - at least when I started playing DDO and reading the forums back in 2015, the question for healers was "yeah, but what else do you do?". Until that point, I'd like to be able to solo reasonably well. I doubt I'll ever be well-enough geared to full-time heal

Got it...

... I doubt I'll ever be well-enough geared to full-time heal
    Fortunately, in today's game, there's enough Self-Healing going around that a "healer" doesn't have to be as good as they used to be. In fact, a medium-good healer is often more than enough for what the average group needs, and often will find themselves under-utilized.

Look at the non-pure Clerics on this page:

o https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5759356

They all are capable healers, and, yes, "can do other things".

This one too, a classic melee cleric:

o https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5518865 (non-PDK is perfectly viable (just not "optimal"), read thread for Human option suggestions)

Community Member

Default Iconic cannith challenge farmer

I'm looking for ideas on a build designed specifically to run lava caves and extra planar palace challenges for farming mats to trade in for xp and guild renown pots.

What i want: a first life iconic i can roll up and equip with BTA gear I've accumulated over the last decade and go run lava caves or extra planar palace at anytime solo or at most with 1 extra person and a hireling. I will dedicate a character slot for this so it doesn't have to be disposable, but i dont want to spend time or resources farming btc gear and or tomes. However anything easily found on the platinum auction house or BTA that can be relatively quickly farmed on my main toons is fair game. I also have high crafting levels so can craft anything needed.

My thoughts so far: I'm leaning towards warlock because it seems to offer everything. Tentacles for practically no fail cc, haste for speed, dimension door to quickly return to base to kill the rednames, and great aoe damage with cone.

So what do you folks think would work best for this? Again first life and no tomes unless they are on the plat AH.
    Last edited by spyder7723; 11-13-2018 at 09:50 PM.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spyder7723 View Post
    I'm looking for ideas on a build designed specifically to run lava caves and extra planar palace challenges for farming mats to trade in for xp and guild renown pots.
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...allenge-Farmer
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Default Fighter build

High DPS Aasimar fighter build, 36 build, and a relatively new up to date.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LawLessk View Post
    High DPS Aasimar fighter build, 36 build, and a relatively new up to date.
    I ran a charisma version of this since I don't own Aasimar. GL with it.

Call to Soundburst (Caster Kensai)

Stats
    Str 12 +1 tomes (need 13 by level 10)
    Dex 13 +4 tomes < need 13 by level 1, 15 by level 7, 17 by level 8
    Con 14
    Int 13 < need 13 by level 3
    Wis 20+levels
    Charisma 8

1 Monk Dodge Mobility (Dex 13)
    2 FvS Aureon Staff to-hit (command spell, protection from evil spell)
    3 FvS Combat Expertise (int 13, start 10 +3 tomes) (vets take twfx1 and feat swap to CE before taking 6) (nightshield spell)
    4 FvS Aureon Staff Dmg (cure light wounds spell)
    5 FvS (soundburst spell)
    6 Fighter Spring Attack, Whirlwind Attack (Combo is soundburst > WWA)
    7 Monk TWF#1 (Dex 15, tomes +4)
    8 Fighter TWF#2 (Dex 17, tomes +4)
    9 Fighter Quicken
    10 Fighter Power Attack (str 13)
    11 Fighter
    12 Fighter Cleave, GCleave (Combo is Soundburst > Opportunity attack into Cleave + GCleave + WWA)
    13 Fighter
    14 Fighter TWF#3
    15 Fighter IC:B
    16 Fighter WF:B
    17 Fighter
    18 Fighter WS:B, GWF:B (reset kensai for dmg)
    19-hold xp 20 reincarnate (fighter if going into epics, free feat swapping IC:B to spell focus evo for twists, then retaking IC:B at 20)
    21 OC
    24 BoGW
    26 PTWF
    27 Epic Reflexes
    28 Mass Frog
    29 Dire Charge
    30 Scion of Ethereal, Deflect Arrows

Core Enhancements

12 Falconry Wisdom to hit and damage (get as soon as possible)
    33 AP Kensai Oppurtunity Attack, Power Surge, Weapon Master Keen Edge, OwtB (get when it makes sense)
    8 Shintao 10% offhand, 20 PRR when centered (not shown) (get when you feel u want it since cleaves don't offhand, and WWA only does 1 offhand attack)
    6 Stalwart Defensive Stance (get fairly early)
    4 WarSoul Divine Will (get as soon as possible)
    1 AP HeM (whenevers)
    7 Racial Healing Hands (as you level)
    9 AP combine with 1 HeM AP and 4 AP divine will to get falconry No Mercy and Wis KTA from falconry when it fits

ED: LD, with Evo Focusx2 twisted until you get to dire charge.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 11-16-2018 at 10:09 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicis View Post
    I am curious how folks would build this. Wanted 8 warlock for DDoor mainly, 12 monk for high attack rate and lots of additional damage/status effects depending on which handwraps I decide to use.

2nd life (so 34 pt build) I have several stat tomes, though I forget exactly which at the moment.
    If the main reason is ddoor then why not go human and use the extra feat for the dragon mark?

Eventually, a healer I can raid on - at least when I started playing DDO and reading the forums back in 2015, the question for healers was "yeah, but what else do you do?". Until that point, I'd like to be able to solo reasonably well. I doubt I'll ever be well-enough geared to full-time heal
    Check out the new cleric domains first, honestly I think what you’d want is a FVS/FIGHTER/ROGUE, super good in heroics dps wise, once you get to the higher levels it’s easy to heal too. Honestly you’re hurting yourself if you don’t go aasimar!! Once you get to epics you can still do good dps and heal the party at the same time. Makes you look like a boss.

Then just change destinies when you want to properly heal and you’ll easy be able to keep everyone alive.

Wish I had more aasimar life’s to do
    Lillentle, the smaller Lentle

Community Member

Default Need two dps builds

Need a 36 point tempest Ranger and dps vanguard builds. Preferred race is Aasimar

Page 187 of 231 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197 ... LastLast