Page 182 of 231 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,640 of 4618

I have Bard, Monk, Sorc and warlock remaining of my PLF that aren't connected to an iconic, I need the iconic PLF for bladeforged. I was eyeing either WF Sorc or Bard for the primary on the iconic life but I'm having difficulty deciding and would like some feedback/suggestions for a solid build using one of those three classes as the primary/highest level class on a bladeforge.

I have been splashing in either rogue or arty with most PLF to get the trapping bonus (though clearly not necessary, it's a bonus). Just looking for suggestions for a build with these. It seems like warlock to 17 and 3 paladin to take advantage of higher con possibilities and cha saves would work and it's what I've been leaning toward the most but I'm unsure at this time.

I will have cleric and mage plf by the time I get into doing the bladeforged life which should help a bit with any DCs.
    Khyber Character: Main; Manathayria; Rogue making a circuit of sorc and other lives.

Greetings! In the process of finishing my second Scourge life, and looking for a build for my third scourge life. After my current life I will have 3 ranger past lives, so don't need ranger any more. Wanting to find a build for Scourge that has Druid or Monk as main if possible. Also would prefer a build that does not require using LR hearts, so at least 1 level of ranger.

Thanks in advance!

Community Member

Default Looking for a First Life/New Player wizard

Some friends of mine recently started up DDO and convinced me to join, we are a small troop of long time MMO players, going as far back as the days of original Everquest and Star Wars Galaxies, who are for the most part fed up and aggravated with what the current MMORPG market consists of. We are all VIP so some races and classes are open to build authors that otherwise wouldn't be for a fully Free to Play build that can be effective, but it should still be new player friendly. Im new enough that I don't yet understand Reincarnates, Tomes, and most game systems too deeply yet, only been playing for under a week off and on with my friends.

I'm not looking for some solo F2P god build, but a caster that can work in a group setting doing Elite difficulty quests at level, with the capability to solo if the need arises, as we have found normal and hard so far to be way too simple for a consistent group of 4 players.

Currently I am running a level 6 Human Rogue/Wizard based on this build I found from ages ago, as I like the idea of a Necro Wizard eventually taking Lich Form. https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-Wizard-Rogue)

We have a melee Warlock who is doing something to tank eventually currently tossing out PBAoE explosions and Temp HP all day long, a Wolf form Rogue/Druid for melee/single target damage with knockdowns and trap spotting/disabling, and a Druid/Cleric Healer/Dps caster hybrid, so I went with Wizard thinking the versatility of spell selection would allow me to bring things the rest of the group didn't have access to.

And while it seems to work well enough so far, I find most if not all of my big expensive CC spells fail due to enemies constantly saving against them, I don't know if thats just due to Elite difficulty and not having great gear/stats to fall back on being new, or if it is a product of an outdated build/playstyle.

I have been crutching on Web for most of the quests as it's one of the few spells that seem to stick reliably in the missions we are doing, recently gaining access to level 3 spells.

Ray of Enfeeblement is the bane of our Cleric but it never seems to do anything when I cast it on an enemy.

I have yet to see any enemy effected by the single target spells Sleep, Hypnotism, or Charm Person, as a result instead dedicating my lvl1 spell slots to various shields, buffs, and Cold Ray.

I don't know if the lvl2 spell +4 stat buffs are worth taking, and I have Undead specific CC in the form of SLA's from the Archmage Enhancement tree focusing on Necromancy so I don't really see the need in slotting any of that as regular spells. Web and Scorching Ray have to be my most used spells at this point and I don't know what if anything to replace them with. I also have Ghoul Touch slotted since my thought was that single powerful boss enemies could be paralyzed but again, everything seems to save in Elite difficulty, I guess due to bosses just having a very high Con value so they just naturally resist Fort saves, or I just don't understand the build and how to use it.

Hypnotic Pattern doesn't seem to do anything but it looks really pretty when I cast it, Neither does Glitterdust supposedly revealing stealth and blinding groups of enemies as they just rush through it and begin hacking at us regardless.

I am interested to see if finally getting Hold Person becomes useful as that gives me a high Will save single target CC for those beefy bosses that cant be Ghoul Touched, and Stinking Cloud for hopefully a useful AoE Fort save CC to add to Web's usefulness as we try to progress through Three-Barrel Cove.

So I guess in the end, I'm just looking for a New Player friendly, group utility Wizard that doesn't feel useless in Elite difficulty, that does more than just spam a DPS spell until a room is clear.
    Pale Master tree would be ideal, but I'm down for trying anything that works.
    I want the people I am adventuring with to feel happy that I am there, like wow sure glad we brought that Wizard.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonbits View Post
    So I guess in the end, I'm just looking for a New Player friendly, group utility Wizard that doesn't feel useless in Elite difficulty, that does more than just spam a DPS spell until a room is clear.
    Pale Master tree would be ideal, but I'm down for trying anything that works.
    I want the people I am adventuring with to feel happy that I am there, like wow sure glad we brought that Wizard.
    Welcome to the forums!

You've picked the right setup: my Wizard suggestion is the Pale Trapper, a 18 Wizard / 2 Rogue Pale Master build. As EllisDee says in the post containing the build, you're going to want to rely on your Chill Touch SLA for damage early on, but don't be afraid to temporarily diversify into Archmage for some extra damaging SLAs. Otherwise, as you mentioned, Web is probably your best option (but don't worry - it's a VERY good option)

Regardless of whether you're playing solo or with a group, I'd recommend using your Skeleton Warrior pet for the first several levels. Effectively a free fighter hireling, your death aura spells will heal it and it'll take some hate for you. Almost more importantly, it'll educate you in how frustrating the Hireling AI can be

Pale Master gets fewer SLAs from the enhancement tree than most other builds, so it will feel less like an offensive caster for the first few levels. Stick it out until level 8, when you'll get Firewall, and use your Charm Person spell on champions in the meantime. A few levels later you'll get Finger of Death, which will start insta-killing folks who don't save. Debuffing spells like Ray of Enfeeblement aren't really worth your while - even the higher-level debuffs like Energy Drain tend to get overlooked

Regarding your DCs, I'm afraid that's going to be a constant battle. Don't have the mindset of "I spent SP on this thing and it did nothing!"; instead go for "Hey, my web spell got three of those five mooks!"

Default I would like a Q-Staff user that doesn't die a lot

Hi, I am a terrible melee player.

I have a collection of nice Quarterstaves and I really like the animation with them.

I have done 2 lives as a Q-Staff user. One was a ROG/MNK abomination and the other was a MNK/ROG abomination.

Anyway here is what I was thinking I need.

I like to have a "OMG I don't want to die" button.

To me, this is a quickened Heal or a quickened Reconstruct.

I also want a "I take less damage" button.

That would be displacement or long displacement clickies.

Also, I would like my DPS to not be absolutely horrible.

Also traps would be nice...

So far I have considered:

Cleric multiclass with Luck Domain like a 12CLR/6ROG/2MNK staff user with INT to damage and T5 Thief-Acrobat. This gives me some bonus feats and Healing Burst and Heal spell.
    or
    12CLR/6MNK/2ROG for T5 Henshin Monk?

I also suppose 14Cleric/6ROG Elf could get War Domain with Holy Sword, and Thief Acrobat T5, Elf Dragonmark Displacement. This would mean 12 AP into Elf Racial Tree as well.

Of course 14Cleric/6MNK could have access to Holy sword and Henshin T5 and 3 Bonus feats. But it couldn't get traps.

Warforged Artificer with Renegade Mastermaker Reconstruct SLA, which would let me stop at level 15 for Deadly Weapons, but If I was willing to forego Thief Acrobat T5, I could possible run a Juggernaut type build. Aritificer gets a lot of nice buffs in general (also would be Harper INT to DMG).

Or maybe just a Pure Artificer with more focus into melee feats and melee buff spells and forego Thief-Acrobat (seems that the bonus melee speed would be tough to give up as would T5 Thief Acrobat)

And finally, 12WIZ/6ROG/2MNK This build would get a bunch of free feats (3 from WIZ and 2 from MNK). I do wonder if my HP would be a problem?

Or Maybe 12WIZ/6MNK/2ROG with Henshin Monk T5 Crit profile.

Any suggestions?
    "Hireling" and "Hjealer"
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bacab View Post
    I also suppose 14Cleric/6ROG Elf could get War Domain with Holy Sword, and Thief Acrobat T5, Elf Dragonmark Displacement.
    Holy Sword doesn't stack with Staff Specialization, so there's no reason to have both.

I posted an INT-based cleric 13 / monk 6 / rog 1 staff build before domains came out. Seemed to work fine back then. The upcoming Warpriest / Warsoul changes might open some new possibilities with Aureon bonuses.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Holy Sword doesn't stack with Staff Specialization, so there's no reason to have both.

I posted an INT-based cleric 13 / monk 6 / rog 1 staff build before domains came out. Seemed to work fine back then. The upcoming Warpriest / Warsoul changes might open some new possibilities with Aureon bonuses.
    Ahhhh gotya. I read your previous build a lot and really liked it, and actually just wanted to see if you would change it because of Domains (I didn't know Holy Sword didn't stack).

I was going to post in the other thread, but I didn't want to necro-post (its over a year old) and you were not the OP in that thread, so I wasn't sure you would see it.

Thinking I can pretty much leave the build the same and probably go with Luck Domain for the Displacement and the Saves.

I might try to move up my Monk levels a bit to get the T5 Henshin Abilities at level 12 or 13.

I'm not sure if it would mess with the skill points. Maybe even reduce the Cleric levels to 12 from 13 and get one more ROG level late to catch up trapper stuff.
    "Hireling" and "Hjealer"
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by Garthog77 View Post
    Greetings! In the process of finishing my second Scourge life, and looking for a build for my third scourge life. After my current life I will have 3 ranger past lives, so don't need ranger any more. Wanting to find a build for Scourge that has Druid or Monk as main if possible. Also would prefer a build that does not require using LR hearts, so at least 1 level of ranger.

Thanks in advance!
    I decided to do a racial life this time around instead, but am still planning on doing this life soon-ish, if anyone has a build that fits the above parameters, I would appreciate it. Not sure if my request got overlooked in the thread or if no one has a build that fits. Either way, thanks in advance!

Community Member

I am looking for a swf bladeforged fighter. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by supps2 View Post
    I am looking for a swf bladeforged fighter.
    Converting this to BF is straight-forward: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...asimar-Fighter

For monk 2 / ftr 18 instead, see Cetus's thread: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Fighter-Reborn
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Converting this to BF is straight-forward: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...asimar-Fighter

For monk 2 / ftr 18 instead, see Cetus's thread: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Fighter-Reborn
    Thanks for the info - is the two monk a better way to go even over a pure two-handed fighter?

It adds Evasion plus 2 more Feats* early in the build [I] and Monk enhancements; Pure Fighter adds 1 Feat** plus Core 20 enhancements captsone, plus hitting the Core 18 enhancement at Level 18 (rather than Level 20).

"Better" depends on which you value more.
    Last edited by C-Dog; 06-28-2018 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    It adds Evasion plus 2 more Feats* early in the build (and potentially Monk enhancements, but those seem to be ignored in the build as posted)
    Cetus's monk 2 / ftr 18 takes advantage of monk stances - originally Earth for the crit bonus, but now that's in Fire stance (could also use Wind for extra doublestrike) - and uses tier-2 Ninja for extra Dodge, sneak attack, and Fists of Iron. I think he originally posted that build before monks got buffed in Update 33; he also hasn't updated it since monk splashes got nerfed. But AFAIK everything still works as described in the thread.

Community Member Trig_of_Cowtown's Avatar

Hi Unbongwah,

I noticed there wasn't a Chaos priest in your Domain list. How would you make a Taste The Rainbow build using the gnome enhancement tree for Color Spray? It seems a natural fit to go along with the Prismatic Spray SLA.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig_of_Cowtown View Post
    I noticed there wasn't a Chaos priest in your Domain list. How would you make a Taste The Rainbow build using the gnome enhancement tree for Color Spray? It seems a natural fit to go along with the Prismatic Spray SLA.
    IIRC, gnome SLA DCs are based on INT; cleric DCs are based on WIS. I'm not seeing the synergies, though I look forward to Tilomere proving me wrong.

Community Member

Default Aasimar monk

Need a high dps monk build

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LawLessk View Post
    Need a high dps monk build
    You're going to have a hard time beating Symbiont's build for endgame content. He's a half-orc for the hit/damage racials, but went dex-based for Scion of Ethereal Plane, which pairs well with Unbalancing Strike. Depending on how many racial AP you have, you may not want to dip into Aasimar at all, 'cause his enhancements are spread pretty thin to maximize MP from Henshin, Incorp from Ninja Spy and KTA from Harper.

In comment #6, he describes (briefly) his changes for Aasimar, which is what he was running 4 months ago

Community Member Trig_of_Cowtown's Avatar

Thumbs up

IIRC, gnome SLA DCs are based on INT; cleric DCs are based on WIS. I'm not seeing the synergies, though I look forward to Tilomere proving me wrong.
    hahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Discpsycho View Post
    You're going to have a hard time beating Symbiont's build for endgame content. He's a half-orc for the hit/damage racials, but went dex-based for Scion of Ethereal Plane, which pairs well with Unbalancing Strike. Depending on how many racial AP you have, you may not want to dip into Aasimar at all, 'cause his enhancements are spread pretty thin to maximize MP from Henshin, Incorp from Ninja Spy and KTA from Harper.

In comment #6, he describes (briefly) his changes for Aasimar, which is what he was running 4 months ago
    I think I read Symm say he's already moved back to Half-Orc in last week (vault or YouTube) because he felt it was just better for the highest end content.

Either Aasimar or Horc are fine for monk builds. Horc comes out a little head in DPS if your in content you're not able to stun much (Baba's) and damage against helpless targets, while Aasimar comes out ahead in DCs with a quick--oh-snap--heal myself now button. That's about the point between differences, but only if you can buy into racial trees.

The silver lining to the Henshin nerf is it frees a lot of APs to put into your racial tree. So maybe 41 Shintao (capstone) / 11 Ninja (Shadow Veil + MP Boost) / 6 Henshin (+6 MP) / 6 Harper (KtA) / 16 Aasimar (Fallen bond)? If you have any extra racial APs, you can put more into Harper for extra MP or KtA.

Page 182 of 231 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192 ... LastLast