Page 177 of 231 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187227 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,540 of 4618
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by janave View Post
    Was looking specifically at barb, I have a heroic SoS if that matters, got the Abbot Bow too, but archery kinda ****s at the moment
    What you do on a barb is splash at least 2 cleric for destruction domain to open up cleric scrolling, and a UMD class to open up UMD, preferably arti for the scroll caster level and trapping.

You level cleric when you want more healing and turning power (seek eternal rest level 2 spell), arti when you want more trapping, and barb when you don't need either of the other 2.

Feats are PA>Cleave>GCleave>THF > IC > THF#2 > THF#3

Your skills are:

When leveling cleric: heal/concentration/umd
    When leveling barb: some jump/some balance/umd/some intimidate
    When leveling arti: trapping/umd

Enhancements are Divine Might > Divine healing + Mighty Turning +W&S Mastery from Radiant Servant > then whatever you want from any other tree.

~14 all starting stats, levels in strength, unless you will need more cha for UMD heal scrolls at 9. Can drop dex/wis a few points for more strength/cha.

Your goal is no-fail UMD heal scrolls at level 9.

My character was 3 arti 3 cleric 3 barb at 9, then just sorta wing it to cap. A No Worries or Thick Skin level 5 armor from anniversary party with moderate fort slotted will work well early levels. Returning throwing hammer for perched skeleton archers/reapers.

Stunning blow doesn't work on reapers, so if you do reaper at higher levels and difficulties you will need ear smash.

----------------------------------------------------

Archery is godly low-moderate heroic reaper with a good heroic build+gear. it is also godly in high epic reaper, but requires a different build. It falls off at higher level heroics when mobs have tons of HP/fort saves.

--- GS random slay living bow (falls off approaching level 15) or triple ice freezing bow (falls off approaching cap) + vorpal stalker ring + frozen tunic + warlock level for -4 fort save debuff

9 Ranger, 4 warlock, 1 FVS (delay till after IPS at 12) charisma based. This gives charm/suggestion for reaper mode, fort debuff from SE, a ton of enchantment DC from AA tree. IPS at level 12. 9d6 force AA + 3d4 more light damage die from ES. The single FVS level is for divine might (bow strength), command spell for CC, and scourge, which fuels your force/light spell power passively from ES aura. UMD, temp hp.

Mix the 4 warlock levels in at 4,5,7,8 when you can't advance up the AA tiers. Most of your damage is imbue/instant kills/charms, so freezing for helpless/instant kill bow is better than a crit one. Since you already have vorpal on ring though, you want bow to be non-vorpal, like a random slay living proc from --- GS, or freezing ice GS to stack with lesser/minor freezing ice on tunic.

The primary problem with bows isn't that they are weak in heroic, but instead the high cost to make a GS/alchemical weapon to synergy with your vorpal stalker ring and imbues by having non-vorpal instant kills or inducing helpless at a reasonable DC. The second problem is that the good epic builds are totally different than good heroic builds, so you don't have a strong build 1-30 like a pure 20 warlock.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 03-08-2018 at 09:53 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    //Looks solid
    Does not scrolling interrupt meleeing too much?

I used to scroll a lot on my Sorc builds, but I cant imagine how to scroll - cleave - scroll on a barb

I would eventually want this guy to stay at 30 and help me farm some quests where AoE spamming saves a lot of time.

Ahw, ..decisions are hard with little playtime.

Community Member

Does not scrolling interrupt meleeing too much?
    It interrupts it less than being dead.

Community Member

Good logic

But as for the Bow, I really wanna get rid of it until the dungeons feature swarms of monsters pack after pack. (or until we get a cone AoE version of old manyshot :P )

But really, for now it is down to a cleave spammer, or a nuking caster. Will see as soon as I get him prepared to TR-

I admit I only scrolled around for about 10 minutes, and I'm sure this is out there somewhere, but I'm looking for:

A 6 ranger 14 Pally build, or something close. Doesn't need to be end game elite, mainly just farming some Pali past lives and want it to be efficient.

Thanks!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krell View Post
    I admit I only scrolled around for about 10 minutes, and I'm sure this is out there somewhere, but I'm looking for:

A 6 ranger 14 Pally build, or something close. Doesn't need to be end game elite, mainly just farming some Pali past lives and want it to be efficient.

Thanks!
    The problem with these builds is that they are rounding out at 20. Levelling builds try to get the good stuff early.

What would this try to do? TWF, BOW?

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krell View Post
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-a-Tempestadin

Bladeforged but works for any race with a few tweaks; though obviously other Iconics besides Scourge would need an LR +1 to go rgr 6 / pal 14.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-a-Tempestadin

Bladeforged but works for any race with a few tweaks; though obviously other Iconics besides Scourge would need an LR +1 to go rgr 6 / pal 14.
    Thanks

Community Member

Default Ranger/Rogue uptaded

Someone can gimme a good updated elf ranger/rogue for heroic quest. If possible, archer with Elf race. TYVM

10. 03-05-2018, 03:36 PM

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marinzek View Post
    Someone can gimme a good updated elf ranger/rogue for heroic quest. If possible, archer with Elf race.
    This build is easy to convert to elf.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Good logic

But as for the Bow, I really wanna get rid of it until the dungeons feature swarms of monsters pack after pack. (or until we get a cone AoE version of old manyshot :P )

But really, for now it is down to a cleave spammer, or a nuking caster. Will see as soon as I get him prepared to TR-
    Man I want aoe multi shot lol, my ranger in Lotro is much more powerful than my ranger in DDO...makes me not want to play the class (yes it's called Hunter there, but whatever).

Community Member

Default Solo Legendary Shroud build

I tried posting in the general forum but I didn't really get any concrete advice, so here goes nothing. I need a build that can either solo Legendary Normal Shroud, or at the very least nearly solo it to the point that a 2-3 man run is a sure victory.

Caveats: Try to keep required raid gear to a minimum (none would be preferred, T2 LGS is ok though).

Help me Unbongwah Kenobi (or anyone else), you're my only hope!
    Stratis on Khyber

Solo/duo raids and solo R10s. Come see what a bard can do.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq7...2ixwFkkmzBAvQw

The lack of replies is probably because not that many people have built a character who can reliably solo legendary shroud on a first life character without raid gear. Certainly I don't think most of my builds could output the DPS to reliably do parts 1 + 4 on legendary difficulties (Sure I can solo heroic elite easily enough on many builds). Although I don't often stay at cap for that long, and since ravenloft my at-cap character has been a healer.

A duality monk is likely your best bet atm, although a spite monk can likely do it as well. I can think of a couple players on my server who I could fully believe solo legendary shroud on difficulties higher then normal...

Basically soloing shroud comes down to parts 1 and 4 and having enough dps for them. Part 1 you can survive with lower dps if you instakill the portal keepers, and part 4 you can survive with lower dps if you can instakill the gnolls rapidly. But in general, you want a lot of dps to solo shroud, even if you have those instakills.

Right now, the best dps builds are duality monks in LD with a full blitz going. After the next patch, the best dps is probably still a duality monk, but for LN shroud it might be better for them to run in GMoF because EiN is pretty useful for parts 2 and 4. However, parts 2 and 3 are easier if your ranged dps isn't trash, so be sure to keep a good shuriken (tier 2 LGS works fine, or better is probably the ravenloft freebie) to break those crystals. A pure Shuriken build can likely obtain enough dps to solo shroud as well.
    Selvera: Aasimar Fighter 20/Epic 10; Old and wise fighter.
    Jen: Half Elf Fvs 4; Healer Archer on a TR with friends
    Mayve: Drow Bard 14/Wizard 6/Epic 7; Vampire Enchantress

Community Manager

Someone pointed out that this isn't in the Hall of Fame, but certainly should be. Now done!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fivetigers33 View Post
    I tried posting in the general forum but I didn't really get any concrete advice, so here goes nothing. I need a build that can either solo Legendary Normal Shroud, or at the very least nearly solo it to the point that a 2-3 man run is a sure victory.

Caveats: Try to keep required raid gear to a minimum (none would be preferred, T2 LGS is ok though).

Help me Unbongwah Kenobi (or anyone else), you're my only hope!
    Undead Shiradi is your best bet for quick, easy runs. Pre-ravenloft LN was completable in sub 45 minutes solo.

There are better builds for harder difficulties.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    A new harder difficulty is likely to just be that: harder, without giving commensurate power...Ideally, at the very hardest edge of difficulty, we would not know how long it would take until all quests are completed on that difficulty.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morroiel View Post
    Undead Shiradi is your best bet for quick, easy runs. Pre-ravenloft LN was completable in sub 45 minutes solo.

There are better builds for harder difficulties.
    Is this the build? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-Shiradi-Nuker
    Last edited by Fivetigers33; 03-09-2018 at 10:58 AM.
    Stratis on Khyber

Solo/duo raids and solo R10s. Come see what a bard can do.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq7...2ixwFkkmzBAvQw

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Someone pointed out that this isn't in the Hall of Fame, but certainly should be. Now done!
    Thanks! Yeah, I am surprised, and, all things considered, some of the builds here could be used in testing...

Quote Originally Posted by Fivetigers33 View Post
    Yes, that's one of them.

There's a 12 lock 6 wizard something somewhere too. Similar concept, but probably more advanced. Those are great builds, but they require a threshold of gear and skill to be effective. Go to YouTube and type solo Lshroud and see what's been able to do it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrian69 View Post
    Yes, that's one of them.
    You need a ranged or caster build to kill crystals.

All the top end ranged builds for soloing raids use VKF versatility and are getting deleted next patch.

All the top end caster dps builds for soloing raids rely on exploiting multiple bugs.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 03-09-2018 at 10:36 PM.

Community Member

Default Aasimar whatever.

Looking for an Aasimar build. I'm currently in my last PDK life. I have 36 point build, and most of my past lives are melee. I also have 3 racial action points. I'm looking for a build that includes Aasimar, and should be able to solo reaper. I have 17 reaper points if that helps.
    Last edited by Jakabya; 03-10-2018 at 03:56 PM.

Page 177 of 231 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187227 ... LastLast