Page 171 of 231 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,420 of 4618
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ogdy View Post
    Level 30 True Neutral Purple Dragon Knight Male
    (12 Fighter \ 1 Barbarian \ 7 Cleric \ 10 Epic)
    AFAICT, this should work fine, although I don't know why you didn't start, say, 18/8/16/8/8/16. You didn't take any of the combat feats with a DEX pre-req (e.g., Precision) and your Reflex saves are based on STR rather than DEX as a Strength domain perk.

FYI, I'm planning a Silvanus / Strength domain build which is cleric 9 / ftr 8 / barb 3: you lose Power Surge and Tactical Mastery; but gain knockdown immunity, lvl 5 spells, and Supreme Cleave.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    AFAICT, this should work fine, although I don't know why you didn't start, say, 18/8/16/8/8/16. You didn't take any of the combat feats with a DEX pre-req (e.g., Precision) and your Reflex saves are based on STR rather than DEX as a Strength domain perk.
    right, I'll change the stats. and I hope that SD unmovable will suffice. many thanks for the confirm.

Community Member

Default Cleric/Wiz

Hello again, dear ddo mates.

Once agani, unfortunately I will not be helping anyone out here; rather, I've come with a request. As a fellow comment last time I posted, the cleric pass should give a few ideas on this request of mine.

I've been thinking of a cleric/wizard Necro build, not necessarily maxed, but decent and fun. I couldn't find anything similar to that, so my guess is that this multiclass choice is very suboptimal (to say the least!).
    Considering that I don't have much experience with build-making, I thought I'd try some suggestions or comments on this. I think a damage build should be more "doable" than a DC build, on this multiclassing idea... not sure though!

Thanks in advance, best regards!

Quote Originally Posted by mvillegas View Post
    I've been thinking of a cleric/wizard Necro build, not necessarily maxed, but decent and fun. I couldn't find anything similar to that, so my guess is that this multiclass choice is very suboptimal (to say the least!).
    You gave up too quickly!

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...e-Cleric-Build
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Apparently I did, I'm sorry! Really didn't find this one (not really on any class forum, though)! Will look into it and see if it can be nicely upgraded with domains
    If anyone else, or even u unbon, got any other ideas in the tip of your fingers, I'll happily work with them.

Thanks for the (very) fast reply!

Community Member

Default Builds

Are there any bard/cleric builds using the new domains - specifically the war domain? Bard swashbuckler + holy sword from war domain seems kinda tasty. Not to mention the heals. Would it be better to take improved shield mastery for slightly more prr? Or add in some more of the epic feats for damage/utility?

swashbucking doesn't stack with holy sword.
    Selvera: Aasimar Fighter 20/Epic 10; Old and wise fighter.
    Jen: Half Elf Fvs 4; Healer Archer on a TR with friends
    Mayve: Drow Bard 14/Wizard 6/Epic 7; Vampire Enchantress

Quote Originally Posted by Zafaron View Post
    Bard swashbuckler + holy sword from war domain seems kinda tasty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Selvera View Post
    This: you could do a bard / War cleric using, say, handaxes and wind up with the same crit profile as bard / ftr builds do. But for most Swashbuckling weapons, it's likely to be a wash.

I haven't yet decided which domain would be best for my Radiant Marauder. I could switch to handaxes and pick War domain; like I said, that becomes 15-20/x4 w/Holy Sword+Swashbuckling. Other options are iffier; I was interested in Healing domain, until I noticed posts which said the lvl 14 ability doesn't apply to radiant auras. Hopefully that's just a bug which will be fixed, though. Protection, maybe, for the extra PRR and Radiant Forcefield SLA?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Selvera View Post
    Holy Sword will partially stack with Swashbuckling when using Kukris, Rapiers, Handaxes, and Light Picks. That combo would be pretty nice with any of those weapons, but particularly so for handaxes and light picks because of the way shashbuckling and the improved crit feats interact.

Swashbuckling + Holy Sword + hand axe or light pick would be pretty beastly in terms of crit profiles.
    Last edited by Fivetigers33; 10-05-2017 at 11:51 AM.
    Stratis on Khyber

Solo/duo raids and solo R10s. Come see what a bard can do.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq7...2ixwFkkmzBAvQw

Sure, but you can achieve the same effect from bard 3 / ftr 6, leaving 11 levels free for whatever and pick up a bunch more DPS boosts from Kensei while you're at it. Whereas War domain adds only Holy Sword to your DPS repertoire, because Warpriest is still a terrible tree overall. Maybe the tactics bonus is useful too for Dire Charge et al, I haven't really crunched the numbers yet.

Community Member Paladin_of_Power's Avatar

Default Requesting a Vistani Knife Thrower build, using the Ranger class

Requesting a Vistani Knife Thrower build, using the Ranger class. I'd like to put a lot of points into the Vistani tree as a flavored undead hunter build for Ravenloft. Primary means of offense is throwing daggers. Secondary would be two weapon dagger fighting for when the baddies get close. Deepwood Stalker tree? I like the free feats that Ranger offers, I think the synergies are nice.

Thanks,
    Brad

Community Member

Hello,

I’m kind of new to the game (i have played DDO when it first started and moved to WoW) the game have changed a lot. I got myself a VIP account and restarting the game on a new server. I run a pure barbarian dwarf lvl 10 with them (I also havea lvl 10 pale trapper my first char since my return, caster… meh not my cup of tea). I have some friends online that have higher characters and various alts. Mostly they run dungeons fast, they know the traps, chest locations and are pretty well geared. I would like to get a rogue build to run dungeons slowly and get the puzzle and all doors and traps open. Im an old pen and paper player and I like the exploration aspect of the game, which my don’t go for (I guess they are more like power players).

Id like to get a build for the exploration aspect of the game or like completing the side quests and hidden zone with a huge solo viability. I saw a Rogue mechanic build that I guess would be nice but there is a lot of outdated build on the web. I have no reincarnated toon and no wicked loots to put on, I got some PP’s tho coming from buddies.

Can someone make me a build for a pure Rogue mechanic 28 points possibly viable end game. (I have unlocked drow, im not a huge fan of warforged), im rediscovering the game (I went through temple of elemental evil … I just wich I could go slow through it and find all doors and traps with my barbarian ahaha).
    If I like the game play I will probably focus on it and get tomes. I don’t have knowledge of all the EE,EH,DC,SP DDO language.

(or if the mechanic rogue is not a viable option let me know)

Thank you

Anyone have a Vintani knife build yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Franzoi View Post
    Can someone make me a build for a pure Rogue mechanic 28 points possibly viable end game. (I have unlocked drow, im not a huge fan of warforged)...
    No need, there's nothing particularly "custom" about your request.

For a new-player friendly, solo Mechanic, I'd recommend this one: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5797836.

I threw one on a pure F2P alt account, and found it was solid in all respects, leveled quickly, and was fun to play. Save up and buy a Vorpal Great Crossbow on the AH.

I saw a Rogue mechanic build that I guess would be nice but there is a lot of outdated build on the web.
    Any of these are perfectly viable today: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5759362

I have unlocked drow, im not a huge fan of warforged)
    Drow are good for multi-attribute builds (like a Paladin, etc.), and/or when you really want a 20 in Dex, Int or Charisma. For a Rogue, they give Dex and Int a nice bump, and have a boost to Spot/Search as well, which is also helpful. You could tweak most Rogue builds to suit a Drow, but they're not necessary.

If you want Drow, I'd start here: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5635304

For 28 pts, drop Dex to 16 and bump Str to 10. In place of the Harper tree, put just 3 pts into Thief Acrobat for speedy movement (awesome on a ranged build), and the rest into more Assassin. (If you want Epic, Dex should really start at 18 for Combat Archery, but that's waaay down the line, and not F2P, so ymmv.)

You could also combine the two, using the stats for a Drow and the Class order for the self-healer. No Dragonmark, but take Empower Healing in its place (ala version #2) and you'll be good enough.

WF have the healing drawback, so really need some access to magic to self-heal. That usually means either Wizard or Artificer for the Repair line of spells (tho' there are other routes). Meanwhile, they have little that specifically benefits a Trapper, so... nah.

I don’t have knowledge of all the EE,EH,DC,SP DDO language.
    o http://ddowiki.com/page/Glossary

@ all newer players: For any newbie-friendly trapper build (inc. multi-class, below), all they need to do their job is decent gear (level-appropriate or close), and enough skill points to max Spot, Search and Disable Device, and half-ranks in Open Lock - anything else is gravy. So that leaves combat, and those choices are pretty straight forward too.

o https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...or-new-players
    o https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5793839
    o https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...izard-Rogue%29
    Last edited by C-Dog; 10-18-2017 at 11:26 AM.

may I have help with Vistani thrower build? I originally planned to go rogue for lethality, but it doesn't work with throwing daggers. I had thought about ranger, but then I would have to splash fighter to get an increased crit multi as dws has only increase in crit range. I had thought about bard, but that would lock out +20 range power from ToEE set bonus. not sure if it would be worth giving that up. I intend to go to T5 and all cores vistani tree, but might need to give up some for flexibility

Quote Originally Posted by leesun View Post
    I had thought about ranger, but then I would have to splash fighter to get an increased crit multi as dws has only increase in crit range.
    Vistani already provides +1 crit range & multiplier which won't stack with DWS or Kensei crit bonuses. However:
    Quote Originally Posted by leesun View Post
    I had thought about bard, but that would lock out +20 range power from ToEE set bonus.
    Even if you skip Dashing Scoundrel, Swashbuckler provides a bigger crit bonus than Vistani, since its crit range bonus is doubled by IC:Thrown while VKF's is not.

Vistani already provides +1 crit range & multiplier which won't stack with DWS or Kensei crit bonuses. However:
    an oversight on my part

Even if you skip Dashing Scoundrel, Swashbuckler provides a bigger crit bonus than Vistani, since its crit range bonus is doubled by IC:Thrown while VKF's is not.
    I am leaning towards bard, but sad that in order to keep swashbucking active I would have to give up using ToEE weapon, and the +20RP from set bonus. Am I overestimating the potency of 20RP? if I gave it up I would get +3doubleshot from cores 3-5, as well as another +10% from dashing rogue. +2 to attack, +1 to damage and +1 enhancement bonus via core 5. I am ignoring wind at my back because I don't actually need to be in swashbuckling stance to use it.
    I am not very good at the maths and the numbers
    would +13%DS, +2atk, +1dmg, +1enhancement > 20RP?

Community Member Paladin_of_Power's Avatar

I've been playing a Vistani lately, Ranger DWS Halfling. Started at Level 7, now on 8. It is fun, I think thats what matters but it does feel underpowered. When zombies or skeletons are in town, it sucks. Pierce won't penetrate their damage reduction, I had to switch to throwing axes and throwing hammers because the damage just wasn't there. Fan of Knives is fun and very useful, but I think it needs more damage. Get Deadly Blades as quick as you can, that helped a lot.Heck, the whole character needs more damage but not sure what can be done since he is wielding little knives. I think to stick with the flavor, some Melee and Ranged Attack Speed Bonus should be added to the tree. Having 0.00% in both is blah.

I originally wanted to be a thrower, but again the damage just isn't there so may respec and move points from DEX to STR since the baddies drop quicker when dual wielding melee knives. That would help with trip or Stunning Blow.

Does anyone know if the +20% Morale bonus to doubleshot from Rapid Throw and same bonus to doublestrike from Rapid Slash actually work? I don't see mention of it in the combat log, and the character sheet doesn't show an increase either.

I took Dodge, Point Blank Shot,Precision so far. Level up into Dex.

Community Member

Thank you very much for your reply, a lot of useful links there.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    No need, there's nothing particularly "custom" about your request.

For a new-player friendly, solo Mechanic, I'd recommend this one: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5797836.

I threw one on a pure F2P alt account, and found it was solid in all respects, leveled quickly, and was fun to play. Save up and buy a Vorpal Great Crossbow on the AH.

Any of these are perfectly viable today: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5759362

Drow are good for multi-attribute builds (like a Paladin, etc.), and/or when you really want a 20 in Dex, Int or Charisma. For a Rogue, they give Dex and Int a nice bump, and have a boost to Spot/Search as well, which is also helpful. You could tweak most Rogue builds to suit a Drow, but they're not necessary.

If you want Drow, I'd start here: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5635304

For 28 pts, drop Dex to 16 and bump Str to 10. In place of the Harper tree, put just 3 pts into Thief Acrobat for speedy movement (awesome on a ranged build), and the rest into more Assassin. (If you want Epic, Dex should really start at 18 for Combat Archery, but that's waaay down the line, and not F2P, so ymmv.)

You could also combine the two, using the stats for a Drow and the Class order for the self-healer. No Dragonmark, but take Empower Healing in its place (ala version #2) and you'll be good enough.

WF have the healing drawback, so really need some access to magic to self-heal. That usually means either Wizard or Artificer for the Repair line of spells (tho' there are other routes). Meanwhile, they have little that specifically benefits a Trapper, so... nah.

o http://ddowiki.com/page/Glossary

@ all newer players: For any newbie-friendly trapper build (inc. multi-class, below), all they need to do their job is decent gear (level-appropriate or close), and enough skill points to max Spot, Search and Disable Device, and half-ranks in Open Lock - anything else is gravy. So that leaves combat, and those choices are pretty straight forward too.

o https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5793839
    o https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...izard-Rogue%29

Community Member

Default Water Savant for a newb

I need a Water Savant build for a completely new player without VIP. Won't need anything more than heroic levels
    So here I am Mr.42 AC I go up to beholder, beholder goes "poke!" I'm dead

Page 171 of 231 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221 ... LastLast