Page 153 of 231 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 4618

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Wraith requires at least 12 wiz lvls, so the obvious choice is wiz 12 / rgr 6 / rog 2. There are a few challenges with this split, though:
    • Rgr 12 is necessary for the +1 crit range & multiplier bonuses in the DWS & Tempest cores. Without them, your melee DPS takes a serious hit.
    I think fighter 6 is a better option due mostly to that one point you get the crit increases.

DoD is good but I think this build can live with out it, because it can drop things like Acid Rain, Wall of Fire, maybe even open with a Fire Ball for AOE DPS when its really needed.

The issue with Gish build are as always the gearing there isn't enough gear slots to make it work and most items don't support them they are either cast item or melee items.

Default Fighter/Rogue for Solo play

Due to several circumstances, I almost always solo. Interruptions keep me from finishing some of the long dungeons, so raids and groups are out. (I had to stop writing this halfway through, and come back 5 min later...LOL)
    That said, I have been leveling up a pure Fighter (currently level 6) and find the inability to open locks, find traps and even the search skill failing most of the time to be very irritating. I am thinking of starting over with a Fighter/Rogue combo (18/2?) to fix this. Is there a build that would allow me to solo? Can I continue the fighter build, and sneak in Rogue levels now, or should I start over?

Thanks

Default A tanky healy type afair

I had a cleric back in 07 and a fvs about 3 years ago but have little experience with healers really.

I was watching some guild runs recently and would like to make a support character that will still be capable of soloing to a fairly high level/ standard when no one is around.

I'm thinking full plate, big shield, aura burst thingy for healing plus... can that aura be used to damage other things than undead? Can you add elemental damage to it via ED's or something? Maybe some other aura that has synergy with it.

If not, All the above with DOT's maybe. Could use BB for trash.

I have a TWF pally at 26 atm. Respec'd her when i returned a few weeks ago and shouldn't have gone twf to be honest. Anyhow, I could TR her or us a new 32pt character.

Any build suggestions or links that would still be relevant would be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanvar View Post
    I believe my left thumb is Gimp. I think I need to reroll.
    DDO Acronyms: http://ddowiki.com/page/Glossary
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...78#post2326178

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mac173 View Post
    That said, I have been leveling up a pure Fighter (currently level 6) and find the inability to open locks, find traps and even the search skill failing most of the time to be very irritating. I am thinking of starting over with a Fighter/Rogue combo (18/2?) to fix this. Is there a build that would allow me to solo? Can I continue the fighter build, and sneak in Rogue levels now, or should I start over?
    As a general rule, rogue splashes should be taken at lvl 1 in order to max out your initial skill pts and unlock your trap skills. Trying to add rogue at lvl 7+ means your skills would be well behind the curve, unfortunately. So I would recommend starting over, unless you've spent TPs on this char or it's a TR; in which case, maybe an LR +1 so you can add at lvl 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora1979 View Post
    I'm thinking full plate, big shield, aura burst thingy for healing plus... can that aura be used to damage other things than undead? Can you add elemental damage to it via ED's or something? Maybe some other aura that has synergy with it.
    No and no. You could do a cleric / warlock hybrid who had both ES aura for dmg (and temp HPs) and RS aura for heals. But in practice I think you'd be pulling your build in two opposite directions, because both auras are at least partially scaled by the number of class lvls you have. Plus taking T5 RS locks out T5 ES, which is pretty nice.

TBH I think the easiest option is pure WIS-based cleric; just modify your Enhancements based on party role. E.g., as guild / raid healer, go for full survivability and max healing; as soloer, go for EA light spammer. You can do something MCed, but that tends to trade versatility for specialization; e.g., a FvS 2-4 splash can be great for a EA blaster, but doesn't really help a raid healer.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

A
    No and no. You could do a cleric / warlock hybrid who had both ES aura for dmg (and temp HPs) and RS aura for heals. But in practice I think you'd be pulling your build in two opposite directions, because both auras are at least partially scaled by the number of class lvls you have. Plus taking T5 RS locks out T5 ES, which is pretty nice.

TBH I think the easiest option is pure WIS-based cleric; just modify your Enhancements based on party role. E.g., as guild / raid healer, go for full survivability and max healing; as soloer, go for EA light spammer. You can do something MCed, but that tends to trade versatility for specialization; e.g., a FvS 2-4 splash can be great for a EA blaster, but doesn't really help a raid healer.
    Cheers Unbong, I knew you'd come back with some solid guidance

So, does light damage scale to do reasonable damage to things other than undead now a days? I always remember it being handy but a bit meh as damage, except for the DOT they get.. (DP?)

Finally, if I used my pally for this as a base, which would be nice for pl's and items, would I lose too much in your wis based EA spammer/ raid healer if I iconic'd and took a level (or more if you think) in pally.

If the lose is great I'd TR my pally instead or use a new 32pt build.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanvar View Post
    I believe my left thumb is Gimp. I think I need to reroll.
    DDO Acronyms: http://ddowiki.com/page/Glossary
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...78#post2326178

As a general rule, rogue splashes should be taken at lvl 1 in order to max out your initial skill pts and unlock your trap skills. Trying to add rogue at lvl 7+ means your skills would be well behind the curve, unfortunately. So I would recommend starting over, unless you've spent TPs on this char or it's a TR; in which case, maybe an LR +1 so you can add at lvl 1.
    Ok, the LR +1 sounds like the way to go. I have already added 1 level of Rogue to my level 6 fighter, I think I will add the second level of Rogue and then LR +1.

Now, is there a Fighter/Rogue build where I can use Heavy Armor, TWF and mostly be DPS? I don't mind paying for a healer comp and I enjoy being the DPS. I looked on the forums, but all the builds I saw had other classes in addition to Fighter and Rogue and I would like to try just the two (unless that is just an untenable build).

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mac173 View Post
    Now, is there a Fighter/Rogue build where I can use Heavy Armor, TWF and mostly be DPS?
    You can, although I think Tempest is still better for TWF than Kensei and mixes better with rogue splashes (due to extra skill pts). Plus you don't have to worry about meeting DEX pre-reqs on a rgr. So maybe have a look at Tempest Trapmonkey.

If you still want to stick with ftr: do have Harper & a DEX tome?
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Default Yes

If you still want to stick with ftr: do have Harper & a DEX tome?
    I can buy the DEX tome, and I am sub so I get Harper.

Here is one...Rogue Acrobat Drow making use of improved feint, and Cleaves up to Whirlwind. "Underdark Cirque". ( Charisma is necessary for the bluff effect so needs a high value) 36 points, +7 supreme. Full destinies in all spheres but Arcane. Can be MC as long as there is max rogue skills including bluff with decent trip DC. (Most likely Fighter for Feats... At least 13 rogue levels )
    Last edited by Enderoc; 07-28-2016 at 12:13 AM.

I would like to stick to a Rogue(2?)/Fighter(18?). I like a fighter whose primary weapons are twin swords. Is there a build that will accomodate that? Rangers seem to have Bows as there primary weapons, and I would prefer getting up close and bloody!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora1979 View Post

I was watching some guild runs recently and would like to make a support character that will still be capable of soloing to a fairly high level/ standard when no one is around.
    Basic Goo is a great tanky healer platform that also solos very well.

Community Member

Heya, Looking for a good rogue AA build. Fine with rangers levels, etc. Want full rogue skills and earlier paralyzing shot (if possible). Would like solid DPS. So.. ya know.. I just want it all!

Thanks!

After the AA revamp, I posted a pure rogue AA build. It's mostly a flavor build, though, since there's not much point in staying pure if you're not going for a rogue capstone. I've also got some rog 13 / rgr 6 AA builds I keep meaning to post...

14. 08-13-2016, 04:14 PM

15. 08-15-2016, 12:14 AM

Default Updated Stick Build?

I'm getting the TR/alt bug again. I did a stick build many moons ago and found it disappointing, though it was before the enhancement pass. As a result I do have some decent quarterstaves stashed away (I'm a hoarder of gear so I have some newer ones too.) I really like the look and idea of staff fighting. I was going to wait on the Monk pass but I'm not sure it will bring much to staff users and quite honestly I don't want to wait another 3 months now that it has been pushed back.

So, is 18rogue/2X still the way to go if so what is the X? How about Fighter? A heavy armor stick user would be new for me! If it matters, the character will have Bard, FVS, Druid, Monk, Roguex3 past lives (don't mind a 4th rogue life as I have all the gear but a new class would be handy.) Only have 1 epic PL (double strike) as I don't have a lot of patience for grinding all the way to 30.

Tomes=
    +2 wis
    +3 str/con
    +4 cha
    +5 int (might use a +6 (+7?) I have banked somewhere)
    +6 dex

Thanks in advance.

Community Member

Default 3rd life archer (traps and self healing?)

Not a particularly experienced player here, looking for an archer build for my third life. 1st life barbarian, 2nd life paladin. I'm liking my paladin life a lot so far, being able to heal myself is extremely nice. I want to try a bow-based build that I can solo with (I've looked at shuriken, would this be comparable in playstyle?). I like to be able to solo, but if this build is less than ideal for soloing heroic content please let me know. Trapping and healing I think would both be extremely helpful. I don't have great tomes and gear for such a build but I'm sure I could gather some things before TR this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebforest60 View Post
    So, is 18rogue/2X still the way to go if so what is the X? How about Fighter? A heavy armor stick user would be new for me!
    My inclination would be pure rogue for the capstone, rogue 18 / monk 2 for Wind stance, rog 2 / ftr 18 for Kensei (One Cut) + Quick Strike (Acrobat), or possibly rog 2 / barb 18 (Quick Strike + Crit Rage + Blood Strength).

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-Thief-Acrobat
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5829671

Quote Originally Posted by simonnmiller View Post
    I want to try a bow-based build that I can solo with (I've looked at shuriken, would this be comparable in playstyle?).
    Simplest option is a rogue-splashed ranger similar to Tempest Trapmonkey, but focused on archery instead of melee, obviously. The more complicated option is some form of monkcher, such as jakeelala's builds.

Community Member

rogue-splashed ranger
    is 19/1 ranger/rogue valid? it seems the only reason for two rogue is evasion, which rangers get anyways to my understanding

Quote Originally Posted by simonnmiller View Post
    is 19/1 ranger/rogue valid? it seems the only reason for two rogue is evasion, which rangers get anyways to my understanding
    Rgr 19 gets you nothing; 18/1/1 is far more common.

Community Member

Default Build Advise duo couple

If someone could link me some good options, I'd love you.

My wife wants a simple character, like a straight fighter or barbarian. She would be willing to splash in rogue.

I can play anything. I was thinking bard so I could heal us and I read they are OP now.

Can anyone suggest some builds for us? I was creating a 18 fighter 2 rogue for my wife, but I don't know how to spend the feats. I could either go two handed fighting with cleaves or more of a mobility build? I don't really know anything about those new class tress everyone uses. I have not really logged into the game recently either to understand the basics. I do have 150 crafting on a character, so I could probably make the lower level items we will need.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Page 153 of 231 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203 ... LastLast