Page 146 of 231 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,920 of 4618
    Community Member

@unbongwah:

Thanks very much, but I fear you've raised more questions than answers. I'll start another thread rather than cluttering this one up more (This thread should have its own forum section.) for my questions are somewhat off-topic.

Looking for a 36 point buy build for elven tempest ranger that can do traps. It's mostly for TR run.
    Be careful what you say and how you say, especially when you add lib details. It come back and bite you...

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Fairly trivial to adapt this build to 36 pts. If you have Harper, consider bumping up INT and investing in Know the Angles.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Default Looking for Shiradi Champion monkcher and mechanic builds

Hey guys, so I've recently made myself an alt on which I wanna play some ranged combat builds. Currently playing first life at epic levels following Unbongwah's pure ranger 41AA/39DS build. I like it a lot, tho it's much too much clicking for me late game, all these DWS active shots are so annoying ^^.

So I wanted next life to be 12 monk/6 ranger/2 fighter Shiradi Monkcher, but I dont really know what do you focus on building this character. I mean I've heard there's a path where you use enchancements focus feats and magister's +3 DC twist to make your AA paralyzing arrows DC really high, but how is this viable in EE/raid wise? I thought most of the raid enemies are immune to this effect and that would require plenty of effort to beat EE monsters saves. Also isn't Shiradi's Nerve Venom enough? I'd like this character to be an elf cause I don't have half elf race yet too.

2nd build I'd like to try is pure rogue mechanic, probably dex based cause I dont have that many great tomes used on it's character. Only +3 dex and +2 wisdom so far, I know +5 dex would be really helpful with dumping starting DEX for both builds and maxing out WIS/INT respectively. So which race do you use playing this kind of mechanic life: halfling, human or drow?

EDIT: I figured out myself how this mechanic should look like thanks to other threads, came up with something like human starting stats: 8 str 18 dex 14 con 16 int 10 wis 8 cha, usual feats: point blank, rapid reload, rapid shots, precision, precise shot, imp precise shot, imp crit ranged, IR, overwhelming crit, combat archery, holy strike, imp sneak attack, doubleshot. From bonus rogue feats I've chosen imp evasion, opportunist(+10 fort bypass), slippery mind and defensive roll(not sure about this one). Action points: 1 human, 23 assassin, 44 mechanic, 12 harper(int to hit and dmg + know the angles). All level ups in int, 18 starting dex +3 tome for combat archery. I guess it should work.

But I still have no idea how should I work on monkcher feats(except basic one like 10k + grandmaster) and action points. Someone can lend a hand?

Thanks in advance, cheers.
    Last edited by Hasacz; 12-07-2015 at 12:54 PM.

Community Member

Default Returning

OK folks, I'm a player from a few years ago who is returning (and bringing a couple friends to try out DDO). But I need some build help. The updated enhancement system is changed enough that I don't want to design builds yet for fear of screwing something up. So, what I need it 3 builds. I need them all the same race (we RP as brothers). I prefer human, but elf or 1/2elf is OK too. I want our little group to be mostly self-sufficient since that was how we played in NWN. So, here is what I'm humbling requesting;

F2P, 28 pt builds:
    #1) fighter type that is robust and has high defense, DR, or AC to be able to tank well, but also be able to have a high damage output. Damage output is the priority however.
    #2) cleric like the old "font of healing" ... 1st priority is heals, 2nd priority is physical damage (maybe ranged damage with Zen archery/AA?), spell damage not a high priority but is nice
    #3) spell caster, and would prefer an arch mage with great crowd control and high damage output (force damage with arch mage evocation/force damage focus)

At least one build should be able to search somewhat and have some trapmonkey skills, so multiclassing is OK. I would like the builds to include exactly what enhancements to take at each level, rather than final list of total enhancements. Also, as a bonus, reasonably and easily obtainable gear to optimize each build and the location to find said gear would be nice too.

OK.. thanks!

Community Member

Oh, forgot to mention, not to worried about epic destinies or even levels over 20 since we will prolly TR at 20. .... Unless that's a bad idea....

sounds like an original arti (wizard rog), a battle cleric (11cleric 6 fighter 3bard), and a 2 handed bard fighter with displace. I mean monk and art would be better but those aren't in the cards. So those 3 should be able to steamroll alone or in group.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Quote Originally Posted by EAugust View Post
    #1) fighter type that is robust and has high defense, DR, or AC to be able to tank well, but also be able to have a high damage output. Damage output is the priority however.
    #2) cleric like the old "font of healing" ... 1st priority is heals, 2nd priority is physical damage (maybe ranged damage with Zen archery/AA?), spell damage not a high priority but is nice
    #3) spell caster, and would prefer an arch mage with great crowd control and high damage output (force damage with arch mage evocation/force damage focus)
    1. Fighters are badly in need of an overhaul; either a barb or pally will both out-DPS and out-survive them. For a traditional S&B pally, see my Sacred Vanguards thread; for a pure barb, it's hard to go wrong with Zoda (28 pt version: STR 18 CON 16 DEX or INT 10, depending on whether you want extra skill pts or +1 Reflex saves).
    2. Axel's build is probably your best bet for a classic battlecleric: plenty of healing, decent melee DPS (...well, for a cleric), some hate-tanking potential. I've not yet made up my mind how to build an AA cleric these days.
    3. One of the downsides of the Enhancement overhaul is that you can only choose one Archmage specialty; you can no longer do, say, an Evo / Enchantment hybrid. I would say a Pale Trapper would be your best bet; which also serves as the party trapper.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

TY for the advice folks. The fighter doesn't have to be a "fighter" class per say, I just meant is a melee builds; barb, pally, ranger are all fine too. The do have to be free to play, so monk splashes, warforged, etc won't do because we have now favor yet.. I took a quick peek at the build suggestions, and liked them except I would prefer the mage to be evocation focused (for stacking up MM/chain missile) standard spells, SPA's, and maxed/empowered spells. I don't know if you can still do it, but my prior arch mage was like a machine gun spamming force spells and SPA force spells. Also really want him to be able to confidently do CC with mass holds, mass charm, etc (I wasn't sure if the build could do that). Also, any ideas for gear/gear locations? We might be VIP by the time we are higher levels if the guys really like DDO. I was VIP when I used to play, so gear choice might improve.

Quote Originally Posted by EAugust View Post
    I would prefer the mage to be evocation focused (for stacking up MM/chain missile) standard spells, SPA's, and maxed/empowered spells. I don't know if you can still do it, but my prior arch mage was like a machine gun spamming force spells and SPA force spells. Also really want him to be able to confidently do CC with mass holds, mass charm, etc (I wasn't sure if the build could do that).
    It's pretty easy to do Pale Master + Evo or Enchant Archmage rather than purely a Necro build.

Community Member

OK cool, I'll go with those suggestions.. TY folks

Default need a good build pali life

hello looking for a new pali life the req. are dwarf for race have +5 tomes to all stats 36 point build and access to Harper tree to have lots of gaxes and daxes for use if nothing seem's to be better would like great dps/healing/survivablity any help would be great ty vm

Community Member

Default Wanted: f2p, 28-point, DC/Turn (Silver Flame)/ Elf AA, for Heroics

Hello,

I must confess that I am a "diletantte", at best, DDO player (I play a number of MMOs), but I am fascinated by DDO's adaptability in character-template construction. Hence, I keep coming back, and expect I always shall.

I am a roleplayer who often places character-development ahead of min-maxing/zerging/twinking, but I nevertheless have no wish to play any character that does not possess some teeth ...

Anyway, this latest wacky notion I've had seems to be beyond my meagre template-design skills: I have this crazy notion of melding Turn Undead and DC-Cleric-casting with Silver Flame Exorcism and the Elf/Elf-AA racial PrEs; I'd also like to include at least a little Warpriest ... I expect this is a tall order; anyone up for a challenge?

Mainly, I'm absolutely positive that I don't have enough playing-experience to properly plan TU/Casting DC requirements on what must surely be an extremely tight build.

So, this is my first build-request.

I also have a second ...

This one follows some similar themes, and the character has already been generated: an Elf MCing Cleric (again, Silver Flame), Paladin and Ranger, but as a slightly-tanky-damage-dealer type (Ranger PrEs, not Elf AA), rather than a TU-Exorcist; my projected level-split on this second character is currently Cle6Pal3Rgr11, but I am wondering if Cle5/Pal4/Rgr11 or Cle5Pal3Rgr12 would be better; remarks would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

GG

Quote Originally Posted by Goodgulf View Post
    This one follows some similar themes, and the character has already been generated: an Elf MCing Cleric (again, Silver Flame), Paladin and Ranger, but as a slightly-tanky-damage-dealer type (Ranger PrEs, not Elf AA), rather than a TU-Exorcist; my projected level-split on this second character is currently Cle6Pal3Rgr11, but I am wondering if Cle5/Pal4/Rgr11 or Cle5Pal3Rgr12 would be better; remarks would be highly appreciated.
    See my Tempest Warpriest thread, specifically this build. It's actually gotten more powerful than it was a year ago, although Enhancements need redoing.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    See my Tempest Warpriest thread, specifically this build. It's actually gotten more powerful than it was a year ago, although Enhancements need redoing.
    Thanks for the quick reply, and for the assist: the build you linked got my mind churning, "why Rgr12 ... why Rgr12?", which led me to assess that the 4th DWS Core was valuable enough, and that I had other reason to dip deeply into DWS as this character's primary PrE.

Ooooh, I had forgotten to mention that the character is DragonMarked, in order to use the Displacement ability.

So, I've decided on Cle5/Pal3/Rgr12 as the level-split, with the following investment in PrEs; please tell me where I'm completely wrong and stupid.

Code:
    Elf		(18 AP)
    1 AP Core:	Elven Accuracy I
    2 AP Tier1:	Aerenal Weapon Training I
    2 AP Core:	Elven Dexterity I

1 AP Tier1:	DM Focus I
    2 AP Tier2:	Lesser DM of Shadow
    2 AP Tier2:	Aerenal Weapon Training II

2 AP Tier3:	Greater DM of Shadow
    2 AP Tier3:	Aerenal Weapon Training III
    1 AP Tier3:	Fey Energy Tap I

2 AP Tier4:	Aerenal Weapon training IV
    1 AP Tier4:	Skill

Tempest		(6 AP)
    1 AP Core:	Shield of Whirling Steel
    2 AP Tier1:	Improved Defense I-II
    2 AP Tier1:	Whirling Blades I

1 AP Core:	Tempest

Deepwood Stalker (34 AP)
    1 AP Core:	Far Shot
    3 AP Tier1:	Tendon Cut I-III
    1 AP Tier1:	Favored Defense I

1 AP Core:	Sneak Attack
    1 AP Tier2:	Improved Weapon Finesse
    3 AP Tier2:	Action Boost: Melee/Ranged I-III

1 AP Core:	Sniper Shot
    3 AP Tier3:	Favored Hunter I-III
    2 AP Tier3:	Aimed Shot*
    2 AP Tier3:	Dexterity I
    2 AP Tier1:	Favored Defense II-III

1 AP Core:	Advanced Sneak Attack
    3 AP Tier4:	Killer I-III
    2 AP Tier4:	Merciful Shot (Strike)*
    2 AP Tier4:	Dexterity II
    2 AP Tier4:	Leg Shot*

2 AP Tier5:	Strikes Like Lightning
    2 AP Tier5:	Head Shot

Arcane Archer	(15 AP)
    1 AP Core:	Arcane Archer
    2 AP Tier1:	Shock Arrows
    2 AP Tier1:	Conjure Arrows

1 AP Core:	Morphic Arrows
    4 AP Tier2:	Force Arrows I-II

1 AP Core:	Metalline Arrows
    2 AP Tier2:	Force Arrows III
    2 AP Tier3:	Dexterity I

Warpriest	(6 AP)
    1 AP Core:	Smite Foe
    2 AP Tier1:	Righteous Weapons I
    2 AP Tier1:	Sacred Touch I-II

1 AP Core:	Resilience of Battle

KotC		(1 AP)
    1 AP Core:	Slayer of Evil I
    I've applied "*" to a couple of entries, as they struck me with interesting ideas ...

Can Aimed Shot be spammed to quickly help build stacks of Archer's Focus?

Merciful Shot is also Merciful Strike!

Leg Shot might be useful if the character has to debuff a mob for "kiting" purposes ...

So, thanks again.

I am still hoping that someone might (eventually) guide me along with my original request.

GG

Quote Originally Posted by Goodgulf View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply, and for the assist: the build you linked got my mind churning, "why Rgr12 ... why Rgr12?", which led me to assess that the 4th DWS Core was valuable enough, and that I had other reason to dip deeply into DWS as this character's primary PrE.
    Actually, lvl 12 Tempest's +1 crit multiplier is more important than DWS's +1 crit range bonus. Best if you have both, ofc, but APs become an issue: 22 APs Warpriest (Ameliorating Strike) + 21 APs DWS (Adv Sneak Atk) + 6 APs Sacred D (defensive stance) + 37 APs Tempest (for the must-have T5s) = 86 APs, so something has to give.
    Ooooh, I had forgotten to mention that the character is DragonMarked, in order to use the Displacement ability.
    Okay, then add another 12 APs for 98 APs total. Good luck with that! Your AP spread is entirely different from the intent of my original build: no Ameliorating Strike and no Dance of Death.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Your AP spread is entirely different from the intent of my original build: no Ameliorating Strike and no Dance of Death.
    However, the AP spread I devised commutes with the desired focus of the character, as stated: a Silver Flame (Arcane) Archer that is MCed into Paladin and Ranger in the interests of general dps and/or survivability (a "Silver Flame Arcane Yeoman", if you will), rather than a pure-Cleric "Silver Flame Exorcist" (which would be what my first build request had asked after).

Indeed, I had decided to multiclass that existing character when I realized I could not adequately plan for the DCs to be built into my original vision.

Part2 of my original post had only asked for help refining the level-split of the multiclassed character (Cle6Pal3Rgr11 or Cle5Pal4Rgr11 or Cle5Pal3Rgr12; I've decided on ...Rgr12): you have helped me a lot in deciding how to refine that character's build. I'd invite candid assessment of the build-scheme's strengths and weaknesses, as presented.

Of course, you probably should see the feats I intend to take:

Lvl01 Dragonmark
    Lvl03 Point Blank Shot
    Lvl06 Extend
    Lvl09 Dodge
    Lvl12 Mobility
    Lvl15 Improved Critical: Ranged
    Lvl18 Power Critical

Otherwise, I am still looking for the "build that's beyond me" that had formed Part1 of my request: a pure, or nearly-pure, Elf-AA Cleric that can be built to generate effective DCs for Turn Undead and the Silver Flame Cle6 feat, in Heroic content (ideally, with some ability to continue into epics).

Thanks again for the help.

GG

Community Member

Default Replying to myself, because I don't seem to be able to edit my posts ...

After I posted, I noted one mistake I had made in Feat selection:

I would need Weapon Focus as a pre-requisite for Power Critical, so I'm not sure (at this very nano-second), what I would take as the Lvl18 Feat or, otherwise, how I would re-structure the Feat selection; I'm continuing to think on it. Apologies for any confucion.

GG

Community Member

Default A spellcaster melee synergy build... is it possible?

Been experimenting for some time with the idea of a build that combines spellcasting and melee combat, with no luck. Tried using EK with Tenser's, but couldn't get numbers I was satisfied with on the Lamania Kobolds. Ended up abandoning spellcasting till Monks or EK gets redone and going with a Cuisinart like build, but was wondering if anyone could show me a way to make it work.

Build constraints:
    1. EE and LE raid viable. Doesn't have to be able to solo Elite content, this is more for dps numbers.
    2. Spellcasts and melees, together. This would be a build that would use Arcane Warrior.
    3. Would like to be Bladeforged or Warforged, but this is just personal preference.

Edit: Also, one of the main reasons I want the spellcasting ability is the utility spells like Knock, Secret Doors, Teleport (I know it's scrollable, but still), and Ddoor.
    Last edited by Ligraph; 12-28-2015 at 02:25 PM.

Community Member

Default Favored Soul first life

Hey all, looking for a good FvS build that can heal for parties but can also solo decently for levelling. First life, I have 32 point builds, Drow and Warforged (Probably wouldn't the WF for a cha based healer though ). Don't care if the damage for soloing comes from spells, range or melee, long as I can level fairly well. I've seen a build or two that split into 2 levels of pally for the saves, would it be best to take those to start so you have some melee ability to get you along until more party based content opens?

Page 146 of 231 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196 ... LastLast